Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

stoutfish posted:

someone who has 30% favorability among likely women republican voters isn't going to pull bernie-esque numbers.

Yeah because Bernie is going to lose his nomination and Trump is going to win his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

stoutfish posted:

this forum is bad

and we wouldnt have it any other way

katrina pierson was arrested for shoplifting? i never ran into that factoid before

babypolis posted:

nate cohn is the good nate

yeah he works for the new york times im pretty sure, the upshot, which is kind of their replacement for 538 when nate silver decided to go for the big time

i think the story was that silver asked for some ridiculous amount of money and favorable terms to keep 538 in the nyt stable and they said 'gently caress off we can get a better nate', this may not be exactly correct but i think the spirit of the statement is true

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 4, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
TRUMP

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mrmcd posted:

Trump wins 51%+ of R delegates and gets nomination.

Hilldog wins 51% of D delegates and gets nomination.

Hilldog wins 400+ EC votes in GE.

Republicans spend 2 weeks publishing soul searching "think pieces" before concluding democracy is overrated because how could any system be good and right if they elected either Trump or Hilldog?

Racist dumbshits and banker libertarian god kings continue to complain for the next 25 years about how no one listens to them.

Rest of the world adopts the "NYC System" where the D primary is the real election and GE is just a rubber stamp. Rs get no more than 20% for the next 50 years.

Like really this is not that hard.

You severely underestimate how loving lovely the american people are. America is defined by the stupid and racist

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^ like 30% of the stupid racist people who vote aren't white any more tho

PMURT

trump will convince putin to rename udmurtia udpmurtia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udmurtia

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Phi230 posted:

You severely underestimate how loving lovely the american people are. America is defined by the stupid and racist

Trump is going to be president.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i saw like 30 seconds of the john wayne movie the searchers and memory is that they had these like white girls the indians abducted and the girls had like face paint and feather headdresses on and were doing that thing where you go ooooooooooh and move your palm toward and away from your mouth rapidly and the cowboys were like 'these girls ain't white no more'

and then it turns out that movie is like a hollywood classic or something

im probably remembering it unfairly but i doubt it was much better than that'

anyway that's what's happened to the american electorate

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

i saw like 30 seconds of the john wayne movie the searchers and memory is that they had these like white girls the indians abducted and the girls had like face paint and feather headdresses on and were doing that thing where you go ooooooooooh and move your palm toward and away from your mouth rapidly and the cowboys were like 'these girls ain't white no more'

and then it turns out that movie is like a hollywood classic or something

im probably remembering it unfairly but i doubt it was much better than that'

anyway that's what's happened to the american electorate

You could say we're... on the reservation.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

You could say we're... on the reservation.

we should switch the populations who live inside and outside the reservations

that would solve americas problems

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Goons are going to loving love frybread

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Wisconsin GOP poll - Emerson
3/30 - 4/3 - 549 LV
previous poll was conducted: 3/20 - 3/22

Cruz 40 (+4)
Trump 35
Kasich 21 (+2)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

The correct response to any inquiries is "I know nothing"

nativism never dies

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

mrmcd posted:

Trump wins 51%+ of R delegates and gets nomination.

Hilldog wins 51% of D delegates and gets nomination.

Hilldog wins 400+ EC votes in GE.

Republicans spend 2 weeks publishing soul searching "think pieces" before concluding democracy is overrated because how could any system be good and right if they elected either Trump or Hilldog?

Racist dumbshits and banker libertarian god kings continue to complain for the next 25 years about how no one listens to them.

Rest of the world adopts the "NYC System" where the D primary is the real election and GE is just a rubber stamp. Rs get no more than 20% for the next 50 years.

Like really this is not that hard.

I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, "O.K., I'll be part of this world." -No Country for Republican Men

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oystertoadfish posted:

we could make more money by putting the assets of the united states into an index fund

lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

etalian posted:

sell all the deep south states to Saudi Arabia

As if Saudi Arabia doesn't produce enough terrorists as is

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Slate Action posted:

3/30 - 4/3 - 549 LV

Cruz 40 (+4)
Trump 35
Kasich 21 (+2)

from that poll, hillary beats trump by 10, beats cruz by 3, loses to kasich by 14

sounds about how i would expect a general election to go, although maybe closer to kasich by 8

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

saudi arabia buys farmland on the lower colorado river because our water law is insane and they have more water security for their alfalfa growing it in the american southwest than they do in their own country or in a place with, y'know, rainfall
http://www.dailynews.com/environment-and-nature/20160328/saudi-arabia-buys-california-farmland-for-the-water

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Arkane posted:

from that poll, hillary beats trump by 10, beats cruz by 3, loses to kasich by 14

sounds about how i would expect a general election to go, although maybe closer to kasich by 8

"aw shucks" conservative is basically the definition of wisconsin.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Slate Action posted:

3/30 - 4/3 - 549 LV

Cruz 40 (+4)
Trump 35
Kasich 21 (+2)

This is a real good poll for Trump.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Why is Wisconsin Cruz territory?

e: Cruz Country?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Yeah whether trump gets ratfucked or not depends a lot on what happens in the next 2 month

If Trump manages to calm his antics and make himself at least look like he isn't going to destroy the party then maybe he gets the nod.

One more round of trying to say he has a hotter wife than his opponents and yeah he's done

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

Yeah whether trump gets ratfucked or not depends a lot on what happens in the next 2 month

If Trump manages to calm his antics and make himself at least look like he isn't going to destroy the party then maybe he gets the nod.

One more round of trying to say he has a hotter wife than his opponents and yeah he's done

republicans are human trash, they eat trump's poo poo up.

Trump can flash his dick at other candidates and his points go up

Trump will incite a lynching at a rally and his points will go up

i'm just glad the fascists are coming out of the woodwork so I know who to scoff at

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It should be pointed out that nothing Trump has done in the past month, even his aggressively lovely last week or so, has had a measurable impact on his primary poll numbers. Wisconsin is simply demographically unfavorable for Trump in a way that few of the other remaining states are.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Slate Action posted:

It should be pointed out that nothing Trump has done in the past month, even his aggressively lovely last week or so, has had a measurable impact on his primary poll numbers. Wisconsin is simply demographically unfavorable for Trump in a way that few of the other remaining states are.

Yeah but the issue is that given his current poll numbers he might get under 1237 and if the party elite hates him enough he gets ratfucked and maybe live firefight between trumptards against Cruz's religious fanatics

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Bernice Anders posted:

This is a real good poll for Trump.

this is great news!!! for donald!!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Phi230 posted:

i'm just glad the fascists are coming out of the woodwork so I know who to scoff at

idk dude that's a poor way of approaching the opposition

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Phi230 posted:

How much student debt do you have?

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Phi230 posted:

real edgy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

THIS IS WHAT YOUR POSTS LOOK LIKE BITCHTITS. THIS IS A MIRROR

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Why is Wisconsin Cruz territory?

e: Cruz Country?

it's not really, it's just very specifically not trump country.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Donald Trump: not a nazi, but #1 with nazis

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
An actual former Ku Klux Klan leader endorsed Hillary Clinton but dishonest people ignore that. Also David Duke never officially gave his endorsement, but Clinton got hers

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

oystertoadfish posted:

^ like 30% of the stupid racist people who vote aren't white any more tho

PMURT

trump will convince putin to rename udmurtia udpmurtia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udmurtia

One thing you are missing is that Trump being a new, special sort of racist is a dumb leftie meme and not an actual thing in reality.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

An actual former Ku Klux Klan leader endorsed Hillary Clinton but dishonest people ignore that. Also David Duke never officially gave his endorsement, but Clinton got hers

He apparently endorsed her because he believes her to be a sort of nativist Manchurian candidate who is going to enact all of Trump's plans and then some. Not really a good argument

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zas posted:

He apparently endorsed her because he believes her to be a sort of nativist Manchurian candidate who is going to enact all of Trump's plans and then some. Not really a good argument

She is the candidate who will kill the most non-white people though

maybe

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Zas posted:

She also praised former Klan leader Robert Byrd when he died

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/29/flashback-hillary-clinton-praised-former-kkk-member-sen-robert-byrd-video/

And the two otherwise shared a close relationship

http://www.snopes.com/clinton-byrd-photo-klan/

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

No Mans Land posted:

It was a current leader who explicitly endorsed Hillary, not a former leader.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

idk dude that's a poor way of approaching the opposition

political identification is a lifelong affair

nobody should give a gently caress about reaching the "opposition"

especially when the opposition are violent white supremacists

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Phi230 posted:

political identification is a lifelong affair

nobody should give a gently caress about reaching the "opposition"

especially when the opposition are violent white supremacists

You're just another easily controlled partisan, strung along by your purchased ideals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

No Mans Land posted:

You're just another easily controlled partisan, strung along by your purchased ideals

You're just an idiot

• Locked thread