Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Toops posted:

Here, have a weekly dev update to cheer you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnnRYfeyZo

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Substantial knowledge right here.

Found this while perusing as well:
https://babelia.libraryofbabel.info/imagebookmark2.cgi?babelia_1250409...91552773

blueberrysmith fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 4, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

If you havent read Library of Babel, its fun http://hyperdiscordia.crywalt.com/library_of_babel.html

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Friendly Humour posted:

you should make a kickstarter for it to really rub it in

Agreed. The goal?

$111,000,000 of course.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Stop giving Reddit hints.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I am truly impressed that dozens (if not hundreds) of goons continued to play it straight for as long as they did.

Credit to Derek where it is due: that was some kind of incredible scale ultra-troll/April Fool's. You are King Goon now.

Now let's get back to the business of mercilessly making fun of CIG, Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, et al.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm beginning to think that maybe the game Star Citizen will not be released on time and with all promised features

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Gotta hand it to Del, that's one hell of a classy way to get everyone off his back

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
So Smart is EightAce too right?

e. I knew it

Plural Abysss fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 4, 2016

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Toops posted:

I lost it at the bottle rocket. This is amazing.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

BeefThief posted:

I'm beginning to think that maybe the game Star Citizen will not be released on time and with all promised features

Duh, I figured that out days ago

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Cobblers posted:

I lost it at the bottle rocket. This is amazing.

That one always makes me laugh. Added Gary2-D2 this morning, I'm sure if Gary sees it, his confidence in poo poo Shitizen will grow ever stronger.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Toops posted:

Can we have "white box" and "grey box" (or whatever the gently caress they're called) as ship options? I will write lore for at least one of them if so.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
For all these guys posting how they cracked it before hand and couldn't believe it.
Have poor imagination.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Toops posted:

That one always makes me laugh. Added Gary2-D2 this morning, I'm sure if Gary sees it, his confidence in poo poo Shitizen will grow ever stronger.

Have one that's just a pointy grey shape. Call it the RSI Realistic Physics and make it spin furiously for no reason.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Now that the big prank has been revealed: Is the ELE actually a real thing, or is it just more "Read my July blog. This game, as promised, will never be released. They picked a fight with the one guy in the industry you don't want to mess with."

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Chalks posted:

Have one that's just a pointy grey shape. Call it the RSI Realistic Physics and make it spin furiously for no reason.

I'm totally gonna do this for the Sperg ships. They'll suddenly start spinning retardo fast and then do the balsa-wood shuffle right the gently caress out of frame.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Ag Bengip posted:

Now that the big prank has been revealed: Is the ELE actually a real thing, or is it just more "Read my July blog. This game, as promised, will never be released. They picked a fight with the one guy in the industry you don't want to mess with."

It's about as real as a Ryan Archer original.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ag Bengip posted:

I'm not sure there's any reason to believe that Derek will ever post something that isn't just more of that.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops posted:

I'm totally gonna do this for the Sperg ships. They'll suddenly start spinning retardo fast and then do the balsa-wood shuffle right the gently caress out of frame.

then maybe pop in a T-pose commando half-submerged in the solid floor for good measure.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So... that was that. Has Ryan Archer delivered something this weekend?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ag Bengip posted:

That's a fair question.

Derek has succeeding in muddying the waters regarding his claims to date, by successfully trolling the gently caress out of his most receptive audience.

But based on CIG incompetence to date, we can safely assume they'll never complete SC as promised.

rabblerabble
Mar 24, 2016

Ag Bengip posted:

No idea - but I did find this in the code, which has me terrified : https://libraryofbabel.info/bookmark.cgi?yosj,cysyy269

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Ag Bengip posted:

The E.L.E. is a real event, but it is also an unnecessary one. CIG was already basically Nordberg from the Naked Gun, stumbling from one damaging incident into another. Their demise was just a matter of time - the so-called "E.L.E." is just gasoline on a flame at this point.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Ag Bengip posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Extinction Level Event is another name for an extinction event.

It may also refer to an album by Busta Rhymes

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's the album thing isn't it. God drat it Derek.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

quote:

It may also refer to an album by Busta Rhymes.

Check out the first track on that album.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ag Bengip posted:

Look inside your heart.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

rabblerabble posted:

No idea - but I did find this in the code, which has me terrified : https://libraryofbabel.info/bookmark.cgi?yosj,cysyy269

Should check out SCP sometime

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

MeLKoR posted:

So... that was that. Has Ryan Archer delivered something this weekend?

Maybe a Pizza or two, if his recent job status stated by Eightace was true.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

If anyone here genuinely thought cryptic messages of ELE's that lawyers forbid speak off appearing on or about the 1st of April would amount to anything, send me a message I have jpegs to sell you.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ag Bengip posted:

I believe it's a real thing, I have no ability to judge how significant it is obviously, he just can't seem to talk about it. We'll see if some big names do leave over the course of the next couple of months as that's also predicted. It took a full 6 months before Star Marine being cancelled turned out to be true and I doubt he expected it to take that long to get confirmation.

AP fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 4, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Xaerael posted:

Maybe a Pizza or two, if his recent job status stated by Eightace was true.

He'd make a great pizza delivery guy to be honest - they'd only have to cook one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lazorexplosion posted:

If anyone here genuinely thought cryptic messages of ELE's that lawyers forbid speak off appearing on or about the 1st of April would amount to anything, send me a message I have jpegs to sell you.

how much

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scruffpuff posted:

He'd make a great pizza delivery guy to be honest - they'd only have to cook one.

except when he got a request to draw something on the pizza box he'd have to take the time to find source material to trace it from

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

That was fun! Let's all keep guessing anyways!

I bet the Swedish mafia is coming to break Chris Roberts legs, and goons really don't want to tip him off about it.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The ARG is real. Believe.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Best game Derek ever made

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Eonwe posted:

except when he got a request to draw something on the pizza box he'd have to take the time to find source material to trace it from

You clearly don't understand pizza delivery.

He'd trace the grinning Italian caricature on the outside of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ag Bengip posted:

We're almost at page 3000 of that.

It's exciting.

• Locked thread