Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Never been so happy to see a badgejob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

davebo posted:

Wrapping up my honeymoon in Costa Rica and I think the worst car stuff I saw was on the same block noticed aftermarket wheels and fart can mufflers on both a Toyota Yaris and Echo, both slammed. I mean, aside from all the cars just driving around with no hoods.

Yeah but they have shops dedicated to replacing your clutch that also stock groceries and that is amazing.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ah yes, vehicle of known rally-bred heritage, the Chevrolet Captiva.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Safety Dance posted:

I think it was an Equinox that I saw the other day with several track outline stickers on the back window.

Yes, I'm sure you have shipped your gutless CUV around the world to visit these famous racetracks. :rolleyes:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
:siren: I AM A JACKASS WHO NEEDS TO LEARN ABOUT TIMG TAGS :siren:

On the back of a spectacularly jacked up Nissan Patrol, with offroad tyres, huge mudguards and fenders, a snorkel, and not a single scratch.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 6, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

The first time I saw one of these in the wild was a helluva thing.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION

Memento posted:

On the back of a spectacularly jacked up Nissan Patrol, with offroad tyres, huge mudguards and fenders, a snorkel, and not a single scratch.

Come to the American suburbs and have your camera ready.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I read an article about the weirdo who makes Truck Nutz and apparently it's 1 guy working out of his apartment in, of course, Florida. At the time of the article he said he was still hand packaging and shipping every single pair of balls personally.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I prefer no man touch my balls but I'm not judging people that enjoy that.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

fyodor posted:

I read an article about the weirdo who makes Truck Nutz and apparently it's 1 guy working out of his apartment in, of course, Florida. At the time of the article he said he was still hand packaging and shipping every single pair of balls personally.

Now for the real kick in the nuts, they're illegal to put on your vehicle in florida!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

fyodor posted:

Now that's dedication to job

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

fyodor posted:

I've now come around to them being good purely because a single Florida Man lovingly handcrafts each one.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Of course it was Jalopnik:

Jalopnik posted:

J: Oh, so they're made in Colorado?

WK: All except the chrome-plated Truck Nutz. I'm having those made here locally, because the plastic is more available here. Then they're shipped to Florida, where I package them in my garage.

J: You package them all yourself?

WK: Yep. I get them from the maker raw and then do the packaging process myself at home and ship them out myself. It's really just putting them in a Ziplock bag, so it's not a lot of work for me.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Putting rally flaps on your commuter car seems to be a thing around here now and it's pissing me off. It's like the car equivalent of those white framed sunglasses everyone started wearing

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

8ender posted:

Putting rally flaps on your commuter car seems to be a thing around here now and it's pissing me off. It's like the car equivalent of those white framed sunglasses everyone started wearing

Conversely apart from looking dumb it's not actually making the car functionally worse like most mods.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Neighbor just backed into a curb and ripped the mud flaps out of his bumper and fender liner. You can do the same backing over a bump wrong. Also they increase drag.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

One of my favourite :canada: car experiences was braking hard in my old Maxima and watching the rear mudflap continue through the intersection nearly missing a crossing pedestrian

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

jamal posted:

Neighbor just backed into a curb and ripped the mud flaps out of his bumper and fender liner. You can do the same backing over a bump wrong. Also they increase drag.

Good point. How about : Unlike dangerous suspension or lovely HIDs they don't cause many issues for other road users?

I saw a couple more cars this weekend with yellow tinted headlights, I'm all for this as it's easier on my eyes than permanently lit fogs or purple HIDs.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The first time I saw one of these in the wild was a helluva thing.

I saw a PINK one of those, the other day. Complete with wide whites, fender arch covers, dice in the mirror, a fake exterior spare cover, and curb feelers.

MOTHERFUCKING CURB FEELERS

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The tow hitch is hilarious.

"Aww yeah I finally got the lift I wanted.. wait.. gently caress.. how will I get my jetskis to the lake?"

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
God, why wouldn't you modify the trailer instead of the truck for the hitch?

HEY NICE HITCH

FOR A CLOWN TO HAVE

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

um excuse me posted:

God, why wouldn't you modify the trailer instead of the truck for the hitch?

HEY NICE HITCH

FOR A CLOWN TO HAVE

gooseneck trailer on a bumper hitch? i can dig it

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
License plate reads "TINYDIC".

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
IS THAT TOW HITCH MADE OUT OF AN OLD JACKSTAND?

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cakefool posted:

Good point. How about : Unlike dangerous suspension or lovely HIDs they don't cause many issues for other road users?

I saw a couple more cars this weekend with yellow tinted headlights, I'm all for this as it's easier on my eyes than permanently lit fogs or purple HIDs.

Goddamn those blue/purple HIDs suck rear end, especially when people get the cheapo Walmart off-brand lights where someone was basically like "yep let's take some headlights and wrap them in blue cellophane then market them to retards"

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

I am Jack's negligible increase in ride clearance height

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wanna see this clown take that thing on the interstate during a good ol' midwestern wind storm.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
An excursion is what, 6500 pounds stock? That thing has to have a solid 1500 pounds of extra bullshit under the cab. I love mall crawlers, that thing would sink to its axles as soon as it left the pavement.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Wanna see this clown take that thing on the interstate during a good ol' midwestern wind storm.

Maybe the wind is already tossing him around in that photo. Or he just enjoys riding partially over the rumble strips to prove how rugged his vehicle is.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

..no?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

veedubfreak posted:

An excursion is what, 6500 pounds stock? That thing has to have a solid 1500 pounds of extra bullshit under the cab. I love mall crawlers, that thing would sink to its axles as soon as it left the pavement.

leave... the pavement... in a truck...? i'm not sure i follow

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
It's what happens when you try to take a turn in one above 40 mph.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slothrop posted:

Yeah well it's not like these ever existed..

My mate I do labouring for has a ~1 year old version. To be honest as a tradie vehicle they're not the best. By the time you put a couple of toolboxes and all your tools in one, the wheel bearings need repacking every 40k and his has massive diff noise after about 60k. It's still under warranty but to have to replace the diff that often....

They don't exist in the US post-1987.
We *almost* got the Holden ute as a Pontiac, but, GM.
I miss my '68 El Camino a bit now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Darchangel posted:

They don't exist in the US post-1987.
We *almost* got the Holden ute as a Pontiac, but, GM.
I miss my '68 El Camino a bit now.

Just another reminder that you'd have to smog that el camino in AZ.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Geirskogul posted:

Just another reminder that you'd have to smog that el camino in AZ.

But not in California.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

In a few more years you won't have to smog anything that's not OBD2 here.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I wish I was able to get a picture: I just passed a lifted truck with a large flag flapping in the wind off the back and large letters spelling "MERICUH" across the windshield. :911:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Geirskogul posted:

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

It looks to me like some sort of stand, maybe more for trailers or other industrial equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-worlds-worst-custom-bmw-e30-972150572