Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
OP edited a post. Mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think I'm gonna mentally check out of this game for a couple days

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
PSYCHE

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Urgh it's 440am, I'm trying to get to sleep, and all I can think about this loving game.
Phone posting it is.

I don't like any of these posts at all on reflection.

First he posts alignment, then mentions insanity, then rolecopping abilities, and when pushed on the results they're so ambiguous he's practically lying in his initial post/vote on TT.
NOWHERE in those results does it say Scum.

I'm still relatively new to mafia games, but this almost feels like a 'Lynch all liars' scenario.

##vote YPM

maybe. but probably not.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rascyc posted:

I ignored it, then talked to YPM about it. I don't feel like I've dismissed it.

My second strongest is friction for the chain lynch post.

That's a weak argument, as up until the coconut post it was looking fairly convincing.

I'm also not liking your interactions with YPM a lot, and the way you rounded on me out of nowhere.

:tootzzz: time for realsy now

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hey im not reading a lot of this but that cypher actually is just letter substitution. it says

"SLAM LES MUMS REARS"

it seems obvious to me

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Infinitum posted:

That's a weak argument, as up until the coconut post it was looking fairly convincing.

I'm also not liking your interactions with YPM a lot, and the way you rounded on me out of nowhere.

:tootzzz: time for realsy now
coconut post?

I guess it's not the strongest argument because there's no other real strong ones to make without faking it. Best case is still my case on you!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

I ignored it, then talked to YPM about it. I don't feel like I've dismissed it.

My second strongest is friction for the chain lynch post.

I may have missed it, but can you clarify why - at the time of your original post - you felt it was worth ignoring a claimed scum result?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

If what I'm doing is buddying up, then you must be buddying up to rascyc too. Oh and KB agreed with me earlier so he must be buddying up to me too, he must be scum.

The logic that a PR claiming to have found scum means either A) they are in fact a PR who found scum and we should lynch the person they found or B) they are lying scum and will be revealed as such when their target flips. Numerous people have shown how scenario B makes zero sense this early in the game.

There is a secret third scenario, where the PR is town who is either lying (which is very stupid) or does not fully understand their results.

Either way you're argument is terrible and I am starting to think you're scum. Actually that's a lie, you posted about wanting in to the mason doc earlier then vanished during the entire heated discussion of this morning which is not like you, and now you're making bad arguments against me.

For my buddying up bit, I was focusing on the language you used - "you're being obtuse but I think you're being sincere" comes off as wishy-washy, and scum want to make as many friends as possible and fly under the radar, so it's worth calling out where I see it.

I agree with you that it makes no sense for YPM to be scum in this scenario, UNLESS it's some kind of wacky gambit. So we have Scenario A where YPM found scum and yes of course we should lynch their target to test their claim, or Scenario C where YPM is lying or mis-representing their results. I think where you and I disagree is that Scenario C, to me, does not instantly mean YPM should be the guaranteed lynch candidate. Anyone trying to frame the day's lynch as between a finite group of candidates is - once again - worthy of callout. We still have some players who haven't checked in at all, I think.

That being said I want YPM to come back and explain how 3 coconuts means Taste is scum and what his role flavor is, as I've said.

Also I was actually getting work done at work :shobon:

Rarity posted:

Yes but this game didn't have an N0

Did I misread, or isn't that literally what YPM is claiming - a n0 action? The OP doesn't say anything about a n0 or lack thereof.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Catch up man..

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Podima posted:

For my buddying up bit, I was focusing on the language you used - "you're being obtuse but I think you're being sincere" comes off as wishy-washy, and scum want to make as many friends as possible and fly under the radar, so it's worth calling out where I see it.

I agree with you that it makes no sense for YPM to be scum in this scenario, UNLESS it's some kind of wacky gambit. So we have Scenario A where YPM found scum and yes of course we should lynch their target to test their claim, or Scenario C where YPM is lying or mis-representing their results. I think where you and I disagree is that Scenario C, to me, does not instantly mean YPM should be the guaranteed lynch candidate. Anyone trying to frame the day's lynch as between a finite group of candidates is - once again - worthy of callout. We still have some players who haven't checked in at all, I think.

That being said I want YPM to come back and explain how 3 coconuts means Taste is scum and what his role flavor is, as I've said.

Also I was actually getting work done at work :shobon:

Did I misread, or isn't that literally what YPM is claiming - a n0 action? The OP doesn't say anything about a n0 or lack thereof.

So you're just being pedantic so you can say something for the sake of looking like you're saying something then.

Anyone with a brain can tell that C does not mean we should lynch YPM immediately, at the time however I was still entertaining the possibility of scenario B.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

so I got invited to the masonry. Kashuno and I are hashing it out. I still think he was really trying to hard to add town to each time he mentioned his role, and I still think the scum slip was important, but I'll leave it alone now while fleshing it out in the masonry.

Unless Kash goes with the "yeah I won't participate in masonry chat" :colbert:

honestly I think Cpig is pretty scummy for the lyncher thing, I'll revisit it later. I want to go over the reactions to YPM, see if anyone was trying to distract from TT

##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Podima posted:

In games with N0, the thread is closed and people get time to submit night actions and it's announced by the mod. None of that happened here. And it's all irrelevant anyway cause YPM's claim reeked of bullshit from the start.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

guys, I want to let you all know we have a lot of new players in the game. Please be very specific if you think someone is scummy. They don't know lingo like we do

Yes, we're so lost.
The fighting seems to be over, but there are still far too many expert players afoot making this all way too confusing.
But for now, ##unvote (unless the stupid fighting resumes).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would vote both Friction and Infinitum for their reactions to YPM's claim.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
TT I forgot why do I hate you again?

Podima posted:

Here are the notable reactions to the YPM claim:

KB, Kash, Friction immediately jump on it (though KB and Kash expand on their thought processes)
Infinitum and PMach ask for further clarification
Rascyc immediately dismisses it for no good reason

After YPM clarifies the stupid coconut experiment:

Kash and Infinitum immediately unvote
Rarity keeps their vote (but says it's not due to YPM's claim) - and so does CPig, but he later unvotes
Kash is like "well I guess TT probably won't be lynched now" which seems a bit premature

I want to know YPM's full flavor, Vladimir is not a character in Holy Grail (not to be confused with Sir Not Appearing In This Film) but their claim seems way too complex.

Rascyc is the person that comes out of this exchange looking the worst, for dismissing that claim out of hand when we had every reason to believe it - check their posts so far: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771012&userid=131124
That's the exact same kind of wishy-washy playing-it-safe posting that I called him out for in the soldiers game, and he was scum there. Their case on Infinitum basically boils down to "I don't like their reaction to the mason claim, they did a puzzle, and they're ACTIVE but not PROACTIVE."

Rascyc, can you give me a read on your second strongest scum case after Infinitum? I'm not really following your thought processes, and want to make sure it's not just bias holding over from the soldiers game.

Disagree, I thought rasc came out looking the best.

I don't want to get into all my flavor since it seems pretty important, but it was clear enemies of the sciences were scum. My flavor did not mention anti round table or whatever was mentioned early.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don't want to get into all my flavor since it seems pretty important, but it was clear enemies of the sciences were scum. My flavor did not mention anti round table or whatever was mentioned early.

You already named a character that doesn't exist in the show, though - you don't get to backpedal on this one.

Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Eh whatever I wanted it to go longer but I don't think it makes sense to let it go for any longer. It was a lie or a gambit or whatever none of it was true. KB was right, I googled "guy who did the experiment with the duck" and Vladimir came up. I did it because my eyes glazed over with the slap fighting, I thought it would at very least generate content, and I thought it would be funnier. But mostly it was the first reason

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Shadow0 posted:

Yes, we're so lost.
The fighting seems to be over, but there are still far too many expert players afoot making this all way too confusing.

I'll answer any questions for you guys

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Friction.123 posted:

So you're just being pedantic so you can say something for the sake of looking like you're saying something then.

Anyone with a brain can tell that C does not mean we should lynch YPM immediately, at the time however I was still entertaining the possibility of scenario B.

One of these days you'll learn to not get so defensive - only reason I don't think this is a scumtell from you is that I've seen you do it in your other mafia games. I think we're just talking past each other at this point so let's let it drop for now.

Rarity posted:

In games with N0, the thread is closed and people get time to submit night actions and it's announced by the mod. None of that happened here. And it's all irrelevant anyway cause YPM's claim reeked of bullshit from the start.

Fair - I don't think I've seen a game run here with a n0 since I started actively following, so I wasn't aware it was always Formally Announced. The only time it comes up is when cpig does his usual n0 cop gambit.

Shadow0 posted:

Yes, we're so lost.

Don't let us intimidate you, mafia is all about yelling at people till you get your way. :D

Preview Edit: Oh goddamnit.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Are you walking this back as part of your "gambit" too?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

I'll answer any questions for you guys

ditto. I'm only a douche to KK

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

ditto. I'm only a douche to KK

##vote Kashuno Lynch all liars!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

Are you walking this back as part of your "gambit" too?

Part of the reason I don't want to continue that is I don't want people to start claiming flavors or whatever to prove me right or wrong

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

TMM isn't here :colbert:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also really bro..still doin joke votes?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

I don't like this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
YPM, what reads have you got from the reactions to your gambit?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Part of the reason I don't want to continue that is I don't want people to start claiming flavors or whatever to prove me right or wrong

the mod has all ready told us that flavor is hugely important in this game, and could make or break cases...I think going over the flavor is a good idea

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

YPM, what reads have you got from the reactions to your gambit?

I thought rasc came off very town, although I don't agree with the ready of friction. I agree that infinitum looks scum. There was another that I thought looked weird hold on

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

also really bro..still doin joke votes?

Jokephase will forever live on in my heart, even if you and KK brought about its untimely death too soon. :toot:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Khris Kruel posted:

the mod has all ready told us that flavor is hugely important in this game, and could make or break cases...I think going over the flavor is a good idea

It is very important which is why people revealing it over my stupid claim wouldn't be beneficial. Like I didn't want the real scientist guy claiming

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I didn't find the guy who I originally thought was weird but granny ignoring the claim until I released further information that made it suspicious was scummy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote infinitum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I didn't find the guy who I originally thought was weird but granny ignoring the claim until I released further information that made it suspicious was scummy

This post makes me like YPM for town. It's an interesting insight that I don't think scum would throw out.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Kashuno posted:

Interestingly, the two votes on me that are using infinitum's post as the entirety of their case, seem to fail to notice that infinitum himself is not actually voting me, despite having stated that twice.

Unless you have compelling evidence refuting infinitum's post my vote remains.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Unless you have compelling evidence refuting infinitum's post my vote remains.

please catch up first.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think we were Mafia rivals because we got each other lynches back and forth for a few weeks

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Khris Kruel posted:

honestly I think Cpig is pretty scummy for the lyncher thing, I'll revisit it later. I want to go over the reactions to YPM, see if anyone was trying to distract from TT

That is bullshit because I have seen lynchers before AND KK had such a dumb unreasonable hard on for Kashuno that Lyncher is the first thing that came to mind. If it didn't for you sorry about your wrong opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

That is bullshit because I have seen lynchers before AND KK had such a dumb unreasonable hard on for Kashuno that Lyncher is the first thing that came to mind. If it didn't for you sorry about your wrong opinion.

agree

• Locked thread