Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Kokoro Wish posted:

*looks at new Taric*

*watches his new joke*

Grimdark Edgelord indeed. Hell, it's even better when you use the actual Grimdark Edgelord skin.

Say what you want about those splashes, but I am going to take them over the art from frankly one of the worst artists that Riot has ever employed.

Also I just noticed that yes, Fifth Age Taric is infact providing the light-show at a DJ Sona concert. It's perfect.

*looks at the vast majority of changes to the art of the game*

*compares it to one champion*

Am I the only one who went full sperg with this album? The art is just terrible. So absolutely terrible that it looks like Kickstarter concept art instead of Official Art from one of the biggest competetive gaming companies on the planet. The only legitimately better splashes are Xin's and some of Twitch's, and Twitch had to ruin his best splash and grow a creepily detailed dick nose
http://imgur.com/a/rmsrB

:spergin: alert, but here goes nothing....
It's just trying so hard to be badass with stuff that has nothing to gain by being badass. Nosferatu, the Nutcracker, Xena, Gandalf, and the other references can't just be jokes for the people who understand the reference, they have to be flinging blood, swinging swords, looking over battles, or at the very least scowling at the camera.
Rumble can't relax in his fun, tiki-bar robot, he has to be fighting. He can't even just be a pirate, that's not cool enough, he has to gain a new ability and start firing bullets out of his flamethrower in the middle of a hurricane because he needs to be COOLER!!!!
Shaco has no fun left in any of his skins. We get it, clowns are creepy, however the contrast of innocent, childhood fun and uncanny, inhuman movements and atributes make a clown creepy, a glowing-eyed demon clown is so heavy handed that it becomes stupid.
Raka can't just be under the stars, she has to be casting her Q
Sona isn't a muse anymore, she's just in her normal battle pose, but in a toga with Shirley Temple hair
Talon becomes a glowing-eyed demon with black blood out of loving nowhere
Groovy Zil isn't a peaceful hippy anymore, he's throwing the horns and being intense!!! at something just out of frame

It's not a huge problem and I understand how petty I must seem with this stuff, but it's such a bummer after the King of Fabulousness...

Although I am legitimately upset about Rumble and some of the Shaco ones. Not only about not understanding what makes a killer clown scary, but did no one even check the wiki before starting on the new art and see that Rumble doesn't have a loving gun? How does your official art of the character your company designed not understand the basic parts of the character? Let alone to actually go through the effort to draw a flamethrower, complete with fuel canister and gas lines for the pilot light that ignites the FUEL that leaves the barrel, and then decide that bullets magic themselves into the flamethrower and shell casings fly out of his rear end? His tiki skin has the exact same problem of shooting bullets out of his flamethrower, but at least they show that not working instead of turning it into a minigun for some stupid reason

E: I guess Ryze looks ok too, but his changes are mostly minor ones

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I'm still not sure why they're okay with grasp of the undying charging up on minions when they removed that functionality from the other keystones several patches ago. It makes tanks really hard to beat in lane since they don't actually have to expose themselves for the full 4 seconds, they just have to auto once and kite away.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
http://plays.tv/s/KkHJOfqC4M1c

There is nothing better than making a top yasuo's life miserable by being a fed as gently caress Pantheon.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Peakay posted:

There is nothing better than making a top yasuo's life miserable by being a fed as gently caress Pantheon.

Don't you mean MANtheon?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Peakay posted:

awesome

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I played tank Ekko tonight and even though I went like 0/4 to Illaoi and Jungle Shen's constant teleport tower dive ganks we still won and at the end of the game I was triple killing fools and walking out with 50% health.

It was pretty great.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently TT is dead (more than usual) with the new hextech crafting not implemented in it. Plus Masteries. That makes me sad.

At this point I wonder how many seasons there'll still be of Ranked TT in the game.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is Quinn/Corki mid still a good thing to do?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Bloodvig van Beethoven is perfect.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Elentor posted:

Apparently TT is dead (more than usual) with the new hextech crafting not implemented in it. Plus Masteries. That makes me sad.

At this point I wonder how many seasons there'll still be of Ranked TT in the game.

Sounds pretty deliberate. I wouldn't be surprised if Riot just want to slowly bleed out it as they did with Dominion so they can stop pretending they give any shits about it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It may not make you feel better Door Frame but the ten-cent art is meant as a temporary bandaid while they actually do new art because a lot of the old art was either bad or traced or both.

"temporary" of course, is gonna take a while given the whole 100 champion roster thing, but the plan isn't to keep the bad deviant-art splashes forever.

oh what the gently caress why'd they ruin Groovy Zilean this is a travesty.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 6, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

theyre just gonna remove the mode like they did solo q

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
and loving retards on reddit and itt will come out of the woodwork with riots dick rammed up their rear end going "its good that its gone, will make my queues shorter only people who liked it were toxic players any way IDIOT"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I'd say that the majority of the female splash art is pretty bad, even by riot's standards, sivir and vayne especially for looking like some teenager deviantart fanart.

There are a couple good ones compared to the old, all of vlads splashs got a good improvement, especially with the biker one including brand and gragas.

The rest are meh to awful though, I think the problem is the art style isn't consistent and doesn't match like it's a more cartoony style.

Granny warwick was one of those painted model splash art, but it was one of my favorites, this is just awful.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Apr 6, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Luna Was Here posted:

and loving retards on reddit and itt will come out of the woodwork with riots dick rammed up their rear end going "its good that its gone, will make my queues shorter only people who liked it were toxic players any way IDIOT"

i feel like there is a difference between solo q 5v5 on summoner's rift and twisted treeline ranked, but i cant figure out what it is. can anyone help

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, people played solo queue

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

i feel like there is a difference between solo q 5v5 on summoner's rift and twisted treeline ranked, but i cant figure out what it is. can anyone help

its almost like in both cases, arguments supporting the removal of them are going to be absolutely retarded, and yet riot will follow through on the removal anyway

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Sivir's got some serious Bayonetta proportions going on there.

Edit: Also I really like that skin and it's a shame the code a friend tried to gift me turned out to either have been used or expired.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 6, 2016

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Riot is getting rid of every map except Summoner's Rift so they can finally implement replays.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Sivir's got some serious Bayonetta proportions going on there.

That is Irelia.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That is Irelia.

No, that's pax sivir.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i really like the visual rework on taric but i'm not thrilled about the lore and skill stuff

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ah yes, lore. What a shame

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Elfgames posted:

i really like the visual rework on taric but i'm not thrilled about the lore and skill stuff

They've been getting rid of all the extra-dimensional stuff (besides the void) for a long time now, and I am ok with that. Taric's new lore is miles ahead of his old lore if you care about that kind of thing at all.

Also, that lore might be hinting at possibly a new void based champion, unless he has some interaction with one or more of the existing ones.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

KicksYouInHalf posted:

No, that's pax sivir.

Ah, your right.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

hey man, get that anime crap outta here

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Elfgames posted:

I like his lore. One of Taric's draws for me was always that he's very chill and calm in a sea of determined gritty heroes tortured by their pasts, giggling psychopaths, and hard bitten mercenaries. So his new lore is he got kicked out of Demacia for being too chill, and then became the avatar of wandering around smelling the roses. The fact that his little end story is him casually walking between two armies to protect a flower with really no particular desire to bother with the battle unless he has to is great.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mystery Prize posted:

Jesus loving christ, tank Fizz/Ekko are the dumbest things I've seen in this game in a long time. Unkillable bullshit that murders you with base damage and 4 sec cd gap closers

This meta is dumb and I hate everything

Small sample size, but I completely agree. Tank Fizz is ridiculous:

e: I CSed like poo poo these games and generally was relearning Fizz, which I haven't played in awhile, and still won easily.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nerf fizz base damage

Edit: I find it ironic that when I was playing with my buds all the time I would always end up playing Support when I really wanted to play some Top/Jungle.

Now I' mostly soloing I always end up playing Jungle/Top when I really want to Support :(

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 6, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i realized last night while i was playing naut that before i got my cinder i couldn't even damage the graves and after i bought it i easily 100-0'd him that sunfire is actually the broken item. when you put new good frozen fist in the mix any hero that can stick to someone well can usually use the frozen fist well and people get trapped in fire and ice hell.

like i remember when people used to buy cinder on yasuo in the gnar matchup and maybe that was just a bit ahead of its time on this stupid meme build

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Radical posted:

i realized last night while i was playing naut that before i got my cinder i couldn't even damage the graves and after i bought it i easily 100-0'd him that sunfire is actually the broken item. when you put new good frozen fist in the mix any hero that can stick to someone well can usually use the frozen fist well and people get trapped in fire and ice hell.

like i remember when people used to buy cinder on yasuo in the gnar matchup and maybe that was just a bit ahead of its time on this stupid meme build

yeah sunfire and frozen fist especially are too strong. the point of sunfire is to give waveclear to tanks so they don't have to cs under tower all game. i don't know why it does so much damage to champions, they should just make it so that it does more to minions and less to champions or whatever.

and destroy the chilly mittens, i am sick of them

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like glacial gloves are kind of a middle finger to Frozen Mallet. I can't think of more than a couple champions who would ever consider building either where the 0 degree oven mitt isn't just flat out better at doing froma's job of exta tank + extra damage + slow them so they can't escape.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when i started playing again i thought gauntlet had replaced mallet until i saw someone build it on gnar.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

radical how come people think when true and sincere and correct posts are made in this thread it's a "troll" (and not the good kind like trundle)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

swb you've been branded with the troll mark, you cannot escape your destiny (you can also use it to return to the last bonfire you rested at)

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
you arent even good at it and you are in the most trollable place outside dnd

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
STOP BUFFING LUX GODDAMN I JUST WANT TO STOP SEEING HER IN GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think the main problem is you can put Sunfire/Iceborn Gauntlet/Spirit Visage on anyone (including assassins apparently) and still dominate. The tank itemization is good not just on tanks. I posted Valkrin's video in the competitive thread but he had stream highlights of like Tank Talon and Tank Leblanc and he's winning with those builds in the highest ranks. Lots of people have already complained about Tank Akali and Tank Ekko etc.

Tank itemization either needs to be cost adjusted or tank busting damage itemization needs to be improved and made easier to obtain.

I think if you aren't playing a tank with that three item core in the top lane right now you are just making it more difficult for yourself because that core build and almost anyone with either CC or base damage exceeds the performance of almost all other builds.

• Locked thread