Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

nope

I have no interest in speculative info or stuff you already know.
Here is another clue:

' 11'

You're going to have to give a decent clue, it could be anything. StarCitizen is 11. "Squadron Forty Two" is a string 18 characters in length, the same length as your original group of numbers. If I can make anything fit, nothing fits, so why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dusty Lens posted:

I elect the thread be nuked and DS exiled to the smart room until the end times are an observable event.
I dunno, man. For all the stupid crap that gets dropped in thread, the ongoing weekly research is pretty useful sometimes. Breaking down the revelations of AtV and RtV sometimes produces gold, and if not gold, some solid comedy. We need a dumping ground for things like coffee machine photos and wall murals and for good official soundbites and all the rest.

Imperfect as the thread is during a down cycle, it still serves that useful purpose.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Maybe it's bingo lingo?

3/35/101/21/10/5/14/6/34/1/23/22/4/29/9/19/2/11

A cup of tea/Jump and Jive/?/Key of the door/David's Den/Man Alive/The Lawnmower/Tom Mix/Ask For More/Kelly's Eye/The Lord is my shepherd/Two little ducks/Knock at the door/Rise and Shine/Doctor's Orders/Goodbye Teens/Me and you/Legs eleven.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's a horse racing tip.

AP fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 6, 2016

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

G0RF posted:

For sure. It's hopeless. Chris I believe knows this (I edited by most above to include mention of that Bar Citizen thing he said).

We saw Foundry in a recent AtV say it was on hold officially, too. Like they need more stuff on their plate!

I just wish Chris would come out and admit the obvious. But as always, he assumes with enough money and time he can do all things, and will. And he'll keep thinking that right up until the money and time run out.

they only need to deliver Oculos Rift support for the hangar module

and I guess they will only do that nothing more lol

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 6, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

It is the endless cycle of the Star Citizen thread.

Don't worry, CIG will gently caress something up soon.

They always do.

This is why it was good to have Doob and Dayz in the GBS SC thread. When one went quiet another would gently caress up or sometimes they would all gently caress up at the same and it was glorious. :rip: DoobcitizenZ

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Pay attention:

Sending encrypted email has NOTHING to do with PGP as per my above comment.

You can send email that's encrypted - in transit. When it lands in the other person's inbox, it's in plaintext

And the point of my PGP comment is that BOTH you and the person, MUST be using PGP for it to be secure. And if the person doesn't use PGP, or know how to, then you have a problem. Hence the reason that I pointed out the other ways to send private comms without requiring the other person to know ANYTHING about HOW to do it.

You're pretty condescending for a guy that can't figure out how to connect a microphone to his computer.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EminusSleepus posted:

*image of someone jangling keys in front of a mic while kneeling on thje floor*

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

EminusSleepus posted:

Didn't they have Oculus support in the Hangar module for a while? They don't even need to do anything more if that's the case.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

You're right, and honestly it looks like they probably knew that from the start. The irony is that VR Hangar's will just make it all worse. They'd give the backers a fleeting glimpse of the full scale VR majesty of their megawhale chariots. They'll be able to walk around them, inside them, but never fly them in VR. It will always come down to that moment where they have to take off the headset, un-immerse themselves in the universe, and realize they're back at their desks, looking at the game on their monitor.

What a perfectly dreadful compromise...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Variable 5 posted:

You're pretty condescending for a guy that can't figure out how to connect a microphone to his computer.

I think he said he put you on ignore.

Meanwhile at CIG.

AP fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 6, 2016

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

G0RF posted:

I dunno, man. For all the stupid crap that gets dropped in thread, the ongoing weekly research is pretty useful sometimes. Breaking down the revelations of AtV and RtV sometimes produces gold, and if not gold, some solid comedy. We need a dumping ground for things like coffee machine photos and wall murals and for good official soundbites and all the rest.

Imperfect as the thread is during a down cycle, it still serves that useful purpose.

I'll maintain my composure. Though the difficulty in maintaining a running dialogue concerning the day to day absurdities is becoming grating in the face of repeated soapboxing.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I'm not sure he is capable of that either.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

good thing those chair arms are removable

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

shitposting critical mass has been reached

Loving the post/AV combo.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Yes, pretty much. They can subpoena web forum postings. Not that it would do them any good, because it would be virtually impossible to connect user names to IP addresses.

The biggest flaw is that, anyone buying avatars here on SA, would need to use a credit card, PayPal etc. That can be tied to a web forum account and the original owner can be uncovered easily. A gift card makes it a bit harder, but unless you paid cash for the gift card, it can be traced to a person.

The other thing is that they can't issue a subpoena without an active lawsuit. So they'd have to sue someone (even a bunch of John Doe) in order to get that from a judge. They simply cannot issue a blanket subpoena without providing some info as to who/what they're searching for. Only the US govt. can do that when they issue such subpoenas for IP address info etc.

Which is precisely why I always tell sources, if you're going to post about anything online, use a browser proxy, Tor etc, don't buy anything etc. And use something like Lockbin.com, privnote.com or noteshred.com to pass along throw-away sensitive data.

And, no, you shouldn't be using email encrypted comms because as long as it is stored, it can be cracked. Plus, you can't rely on the other party to have an end-point (e.g. PGP) key.

In case it wasn't obvious, deleted text messages on every phone can be recovered by every digital forensics team on the planet. If the judge grants a subpoena, or you turn over your devices willingly (you'd be a loving idiot to do that, knowing how DIFFICULT it is for a judge to grant them such a subpoena without cause) - and you have incriminating stuff on it and which rises to the level of a breach of your work NDA; you're hosed.

Important note:

- saying your boss is a loving moron isn't an NDA breach. it's free speech opinion. you're in the clear.

- saying your boss is ripping off the company isn't an NDA breach. it's defamation. you're hosed if it's false.

- saying that the work being done on the game is hosed, is a breach of an NDA. you're hosed either way since it's related to work.

First rule of spycraft. Trust no-one. Not even the person you're giving stuff to; unless you really trust them, or you trust someone who vouches for, and trusts them.

e.g. I gave this Star Citizen story to various media (contrary to Spergs belief, The Escapist was not one of them) outlets, all but two opted to bury the story. Then they came calling when The Escapist story hit. I ignored them. And when this poo poo-show finally explodes, I'm going to be naming names, dates, details etc. I'm going to loving burn all of them to the ground for being complicit. I have it on good authority that at least one writer for a major gaming outlet, revealed one of my sources to RSI/CIG. Funny thing is, I found out from another source inside RSI/CIG.

I used Countermail back when I bought drugs for bitcoins

Their servers run on optical discs, all the dealers used it

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Variable 5 posted:

I'm not sure he is capable of that either.

Well in the absence of any evidence of that, can you stop pissing into the wind?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

Holy poo poo I just saw the director's chair.

Is this whole thing just an experiment into the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

The angle of Ben's legs does not suggest that he finds that desk to be exceedingly comfortable.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Id like to meet agent mothman in a dark alley.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Well in the absence of any evidence of that, can you stop pissing into the wind?

My mistake. I'll be sure to run all my posts by you in the future.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
How you can contribute towards the development of the game

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6535917/#Comment_6535917

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6537283/#Comment_6537283

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6537293/#Comment_6537293

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

Two requests:

1 For the Photoshop wizards, change one thing in that picture, but make it like a find what is wrong in this picture puzzle type... thing

2 Someone zoom enhance Sandi's purse... gotta be something good sticking out of the top for her to leave it in plain sight

3 :gary:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
What the hell. We went past page 3000 and there was not even a stretch goal unlocked and added to the OP?

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

T.G. Xarbala posted:

He's not wrong about VR by all reports being a gamechanger for space sims but

"the lore"

lmao

Does this thread count as Star Citizen lore? If so, I'm totally engrossed.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Variable 5 posted:

My mistake. I'll be sure to run all my posts by you in the future.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Does this thread count as Star Citizen lore? If so, I'm totally engrossed.

i saw your regdate and av and my brain shut down for a second

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Oh crap, Daztek- I just realized you posted this already. Sorry about reposting. It is, indeed, a great thread.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Quoting this reddit post in it's entirety because Star Citizen Will Never Be VR Compatible...

Ben Lesnick, Developer said they just had to flip a switch. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'll go first.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

Oh crap, Daztek- I just realized you posted this already. Sorry about reposting. It is, indeed, a great thread.

Hi G0RF. You've got mail :).

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

surprised Croberts doesn't just keep his director's chair in his office to sit on day-to-day

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Sappo569 posted:

Two requests:

1 For the Photoshop wizards, change one thing in that picture, but make it like a find what is wrong in this picture puzzle type... thing

2 Someone zoom enhance Sandi's purse... gotta be something good sticking out of the top for her to leave it in plain sight

3 :gary:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

I'll go first.

Got it. Spaceship on the wall is facing the other direction.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

Hi I'm Sandy and I don't trust anyone with my purse so I take it into the studio and plop it on the floor next to me. Otherwise someone is sure to get into my coke.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I think you did something with the purse.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

Never imagined a flannel shirt could display the moiré pattern.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

2.3.1e patch notes

* Made some tweaks to landing procedures.
* Made some additional adjustments to server back end for performance.
* Fixed a client crash.

Keep up the hard work, CIG!

Most part-time hobby projects have more extensive patch notes than this. That's just embarassing and pathetic.

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

T.G. Xarbala posted:

i saw your regdate and av and my brain shut down for a second

I had a custom title at one point, but they got reset or something in the distant past. I guess I'm just lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

Guys, I found Ryan Archer's SA account :v:

• Locked thread