Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mr Underhill posted:

Alrightey folks, it's on for us here at Stuck In Attic - our campaign is live. Wish us luck, we are making GBS threads our collective pants here. This is scary as gently caress.

Good luck dudes! I remember seeing you post about this a lot in the game dev threads. The art is unbelievable and it looks and feels more like a classic SCUMM game than even Broken Age does. Not enough good adventure games anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

^ nice avatar Zaphod, is that from the division thread?

Anyway, the Consortium kickstarter relaunched on Fig today. As leery as I am about Fig, I loved the first Consortium and was super bummed when their kickstarter didn't make it. No early bird tier on Fig unfortunately but I'm still gonna back it. It's here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower#about

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tagichatn posted:

Really, there are so many choices.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

Anyway, the Consortium kickstarter relaunched on Fig today. As leery as I am about Fig, I loved the first Consortium and was super bummed when their kickstarter didn't make it. No early bird tier on Fig unfortunately but I'm still gonna back it. It's here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower#about

Their basic tier now costs the same as the Kickstarter's early bird was. I also got a -$5 discount for pledging the earlier Kickstarter.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 6, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tagichatn posted:

I don't know who it was. Haven't posted in the division thread or anything controversial at all in a long time really. My best guess is it was the sharktank thread which I'm just not going to post in anymore because why bother.

E: Lol its the shark-tank thread. That's a good replacement string though.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I backed Consortium on Kickstarter and followed them to Fig now but I feel like it's probably not going to make it here either unfortunately. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Also I'll add my congrats to Mr Underhill for the launch - I also backed. It looks good!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Color Printer posted:

It was already pretty obvious, but in case you didn't know, Rock Band 4 PC did not, in fact, make it.

It's a shame. All they had to do was add keyboard or DS4 support and I'd have put in a fair amount no questions asked. I imagine a lot of people would do the same.

The instruments are too big an ask in 2016, especially on top of having to rebuy the DLC (I must have spent like £500+ on the 360 RB store...).

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

It's a shame. All they had to do was add keyboard or DS4 support and I'd have put in a fair amount no questions asked. I imagine a lot of people would do the same.

The instruments are too big an ask in 2016, especially on top of having to rebuy the DLC (I must have spent like £500+ on the 360 RB store...).

That and they really needed to support transferring the DLC licenses but that would never happen, so they were doomed.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I'm ignorant for sort of thing but I don't know how they could expect to receive so much money for a port of a not particularly well-received game.

Christian Knudsen
Oct 13, 2012

Mr Underhill posted:

Alrightey folks, it's on for us here at Stuck In Attic - our campaign is live. Wish us luck, we are making GBS threads our collective pants here. This is scary as gently caress.

Backed! Hope you manage to get some sleep in the next 30 days! :D

EDIT: Weird how Kicktraq shows the goal as being in USD instead of converting from CHF...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

khwarezm posted:

I'm ignorant for sort of thing but I don't know how they could expect to receive so much money for a port of a not particularly well-received game.

They were heavily leaning on Rock Band Network support - Basically they were planning to add the functionality for anyone to make and sell/give away their own songs. That would probably have been enough for it to do well on Steam if it didn't require peripherals as well.

Also ports are expensive. Development is expensive.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
At least fourteen goons have pledged to our campaign. The Something Awful forums is our nr. 5 source of backers. I'm on a couple of hours of sleep and have been typing almost nonstop for 12 hours now, but just know that sometime in the future once the campaign's done, either funded or not, I am going to hunt each and every one of you down, either on SA or social media, and thank you personally from the bottom of my blackened, Tim Schafer loving heart.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
You're welcome! Also go to bed!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mr Underhill posted:

At least fourteen goons have pledged to our campaign. The Something Awful forums is our nr. 5 source of backers. I'm on a couple of hours of sleep and have been typing almost nonstop for 12 hours now, but just know that sometime in the future once the campaign's done, either funded or not, I am going to hunt each and every one of you down, either on SA or social media, and thank you personally from the bottom of my blackened, Tim Schafer loving heart.

Pledge withdrawn.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr Underhill posted:

Just out of interest, how much information do you get on the backers? Is the data on where each backer was directed from linked to individual backers? Or is the 'linked-from' data separate and just presented in aggregated form?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Mr Underhill posted:

Chucked in $15 bucks

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Malek posted:

Chucked in $15 bucks

May Cthulhu devour your house last!

CottonWolf posted:

Just out of interest, how much information do you get on the backers? Is the data on where each backer was directed from linked to individual backers? Or is the 'linked-from' data separate and just presented in aggregated form?

Other than backer name/nick and their pledge amount, this is what I'm seeing:

e.g. it shows how many generous souls backed directly from the forum, but that's about it.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Megazver posted:

Their basic tier now costs the same as the Kickstarter's early bird was. I also got a -$5 discount for pledging the earlier Kickstarter.

They sent out Super-Backer forms to everyone who backed them on Kickstarter for the Fig Campaign. Superbackers get a 5 dollar discount on backing and every consortium game forever for free. If they make it - please fig don't gently caress this up for me.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Mr Underhill posted:

May Cthulhu devour your house last first!

Fixed that for you. Us lucky few will be devoured first, so as to spare us from watching what is to come.

And yeah, backed you yesterday. Good luck!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Steve2911 posted:

Also ports are expensive. Development is expensive.

That may be the case but I doubt people will get as fired up to give money for just a port as opposed to developing a whole new game.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Mr Underhill posted:

May Cthulhu devour your house last!

Made it $35, and I don't own a house. :(

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr Underhill posted:

Other than backer name/nick and their pledge amount, this is what I'm seeing:

e.g. it shows how many generous souls backed directly from the forum, but that's about it.

Cheers! And I've pledged now too, I'm always up for a point and click adventure. Good luck!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr Underhill posted:

Point and click is absolutely not my poo poo so I won't be contributing, but y'know I'm not :bahgawd: or anything about it and I do hope you guys meet your funding goals despite me not putting in $15 :)

well, i mean, i guess i would if it literally came down to "we're $15 short"

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Masonity, thanks!

Malek posted:

Made it $35, and I don't own a house. :(

Malek, I really appreciate it, but please dial it back to what it was. The gesture really means more than the sum itself. Please.

CottonWolf posted:

Cheers! And I've pledged now too, I'm always up for a point and click adventure. Good luck!

Thanks wolfie!

The White Dragon posted:

Point and click is absolutely not my poo poo so I won't be contributing, but y'know I'm not :bahgawd: or anything about it and I do hope you guys meet your funding goals despite me not putting in $15 :)

well, i mean, i guess i would if it literally came down to "we're $15 short"

Haha! Right on, thanks. Oh, here's a thing: early bird tiers are really popular.

Right now our tier graphs looks like that rear end in a top hat billionaire's gently caress-you-poor-people skyscraper towering over the slums of Mumbai:

...It's literally made out of 10 dollar bills, to further strengthen the metaphor.

Also, the let's plays of the demo started rolling in, this one is my absolute favorite. I don't think I could sell my game's strong points like this guy did it if you made me.

Mr Underhill fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 6, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Francs? What is this french nonsense? :france:

Went ahead and tossed in my two cents, indie devs need all the help they can get, god bless em. Live the dream dudes!

Christian Knudsen
Oct 13, 2012

Mr Underhill posted:

Oh, here's a thing: early bird tiers are really popular.

Early bird tiers are interesting. On the one hand, you're probably getting a bunch of people to pledge early, which will likely help with showing up in top spots on Kickstarter and Kicktraq. On the other hand, you're potentially missing out on $5 from every backer that chose early bird over the normal get-the-game pledge level.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Zaphod42 posted:

Francs? What is this french nonsense? :france:

Went ahead and tossed in my two cents, indie devs need all the help they can get, god bless em. Live the dream dudes!

Highly appreciated! Francs because we're in Romania and Kickstarter ain't coming to Eastern Europe any time soon. We luckily had people willing to help us in the land of purple cows and army knives, and some Swiss guy grabbed the $666 be a statue in the game tier, too. I know I'll be dreaming in swiss francs when I hit the bed soon.

Christian Knudsen posted:

Early bird tiers are interesting. On the one hand, you're probably getting a bunch of people to pledge early, which will likely help with showing up in top spots on Kickstarter and Kicktraq. On the other hand, you're potentially missing out on $5 from every backer that chose early bird over the normal get-the-game pledge level.

Yup, but it's a hit we wanted to take for the sake of popularity. Either way, we're about 26 hours in and almost 300/365 are gone.

Veteran designers better not come around with some motherfucking sequel to everyone's childhood game, we are currently rockin' the Kicktraq video games hot list #1 spot. If nothing else I'll have someone read that out loud at my funeral.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Mr Underhill posted:

Malek, I really appreciate it, but please dial it back to what it was. The gesture really means more than the sum itself. Please.

Hoo kay then...

(EDIT) Okay, so I dial it up because I was interested in helping your project and I put it to a new reward... but then get told not to... what the actual Hell?

Malek fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 6, 2016

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
in for $10

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mr Underhill posted:

Highly appreciated! Francs because we're in Romania and Kickstarter ain't coming to Eastern Europe any time soon. We luckily had people willing to help us in the land of purple cows and army knives, and some Swiss guy grabbed the $666 be a statue in the game tier, too. I know I'll be dreaming in swiss francs when I hit the bed soon.

Oh duh, swiss francs. And France is on the euro now anyways! I'm a dumb American, its all greek to me.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Very cool of you, man!

Malek posted:

Hoo kay then...

(EDIT) Okay, so I dial it up because I was interested in helping your project and I put it to a new reward... but then get told not to... what the actual Hell?

Sorry, but not really understanding - I thought you meant you are supporting with more than you should/can afford, which I've had to stop myself from doing many times myself, did I get that wrong? I am really tired.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Malek posted:

Hoo kay then...

There is a person who posts here who literally donates to the point of not being able to afford food/bills. Assuming you were joking he's probably just remembering that.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Mr Underhill posted:

Sorry, but not really understanding - I thought you meant you are supporting with more than you should/can afford, which I've had to stop myself from doing many times myself, did I get that wrong? I am really tired.

Cthulhu can't eat something I don't own. Just felt like my added funds weren't cared for. No I can totally afford it and then some.

^^^ : Understood, apologies for the misconception but no, I'm not that guy by a long shot.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Malek posted:

Cthulhu can't eat something I don't own. Just felt like my added funds weren't cared for. No I can totally afford it and then some.

^^^ : Understood, apologies for the misconception but no, I'm not that guy by a long shot.

Haha, no apologies necessary, that was a funny mix-up - I was foiled by my own house eating smartassness.

Guys, again, I am very grateful for all the support. We are literally 50 bucks away from 20%, and I just realized I've conducted an unintended thread hijack - gonna stare blankly at the screen til we hit 20% and then fall over. Peace to everyone. Stay safe Evilmeira.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Mr Underhill posted:

Haha, no apologies necessary, that was a funny mix-up - I was foiled by my own house eating smartassness.

Guys, again, I am very grateful for all the support. We are literally 50 bucks away from 20%, and I just realized I've conducted an unintended thread hijack - gonna stare blankly at the screen til we hit 20% and then fall over. Peace to everyone. Stay safe Evilmeira.

I backed it for the cat humour, it better be a good recurrent theme (the story would suggest so).

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

The game looks nice, but how are you managing translation into FIGS with a $5,000 budget less taxes and fees? Do you already have people who speak those languages in-house? For something as text-heavy as an adventure game and as reference-heavy as a Lovecraft game and as word-choice-sensitive as a comedy, I'd expect translation to be pretty time-intensive. (What's French for "squamous" or "Kitteh"?)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Has anyone mentioned that Fig has a campaign up for Consortium: The Tower yet? I've not played any other Consortium games, but this one looks a little bit like my kinda thing.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I played the first one for an hour and I've never been more bored.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chairchucker posted:

Has anyone mentioned that Fig has a campaign up for Consortium: The Tower yet? I've not played any other Consortium games, but this one looks a little bit like my kinda thing.

The first Consortium is worth playing if you want to see a game explicitly based on the "one city block" approach. That said, it's pretty rough in places (being on Source doesn't help) and the dialogue can sometimes make zero sense because the game is designed to loop but doesn't actually track if you're on NG+ or not, so you can pick dialogue options that you think your avatar would say and end up in a dialogue tree that the game didn't expect you to pick until you'd already been through it once.

The Tower is trying to be a full-length immersive sim, though, so it won't exactly play like the original, but I've backed it because the original was interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Mr Underhill posted:

I backed directly from the email notification so you won't see me there. ;) Humorous cartoony point'n'clicks are absolutely my poo poo, good luck with the game!