Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

EightAce posted:

At the risk of offending anyone or turning this into a circus I will take my ball back and go home.:)

Some genuinely entertaining people on here and I'm sure you will be watching the ongoing performance keep up the good work gentlemen

Well done, thread. Pat yourselves on the loving back :colbert: No cattes for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Noooo come back developer ghost :(

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The only thing Croberts has proved is the world needed an internet space role playing forum where everyone can be their own Han Solo and Space Bebop Man.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
lol good job running off eightace you loving spergs

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

AP posted:

Did you miss all the videos & presentations or what? Star Marine was the FPS version of Arena Commander, Sataball was Arena Commander's racing mode. This was all hyped for over a year.

The reason you've being spoken to like a backer is that you either have a really short memory or you're changing the subject from your terrible legwound to the nice colour on the crutches the hospital gave you.

I apologise. I've been under the impression that the final release - and I will stress that I understand that the final release will not happen - was supposed to consolidate all the features that were contained in Arena Commander, Star Marine etc. during development into one seamless experience with no trace of the discrete modules, but I guess I was wrong about that.

For the record, I'm not wounded. I've never felt hype for Star Citizen, let alone given them any of my money.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

:negative:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Milky Moor posted:

I think it's probably more out of regret of posting the encoded thing in a tequila filled regret-fest. It was a bad idea.

This isn't the first time we've had a bunch of people pointing out the bleeding obvious potential of someone yanking our collective chain and it didn't send him off into the hills.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Milky Moor posted:

speaking of derelicts,

there was a freespace 2 fan campaign called derelict. it was famous for being very long and very difficult - one of the first big campaigns made by the community and, even today, it's one of the best

it's also notable because i, at the tender age of 18, got the role of voicing almost all of the vasudan characters (and a heap of other bit parts) when the community decided to finally update and voice act it. so, a lot of the vasudans, these aliens who speak via translation software, evidently decided to requisition the australian sounding translation output.
They don't go on at great length about how great a movie Prometheus is, do they?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think it's probably more out of regret of posting the encoded thing in a tequila filled regret-fest. It was a bad idea.

This isn't the first time we've had a bunch of people pointing out the bleeding obvious potential of someone yanking our collective chain and it didn't send him off into the hills.

Doesnt matter if nobody solves it.

It meas gently caress all

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is what happens when we have nothing new to make fun of.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

CrazyTolradi posted:

They don't go on at great length about how great a movie Prometheus is, do they?

no, no, i'm the CD poster who thinks transformers is great and thinks prometheus is garbage

jfc

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Guess I can't fault the collective too much, hell my most recent ban was for drunk posting.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Milky Moor posted:

no, no, i'm the CD poster who thinks transformers is great and thinks prometheus is garbage

jfc
That's just as bad.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Hey, we may have only lost one of the eight aces.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ag Bengip posted:

I apologise. I've been under the impression that the final release - and I will stress that I understand that the final release will not happen - was supposed to consolidate all the features that were contained in Arena Commander, Star Marine etc. during development into one seamless experience with no trace of the discrete modules, but I guess I was wrong about that.

For the record, I'm not wounded. I've never felt hype for Star Citizen, let alone given them any of my money.

You've chosen one very odd thing to get all defensive and wrong about

Star Citizen has been sold for years with the promise of gameplay features being available during development. Why would it be "illegitimate criticism" or whatever to hold them to their promises before full release?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Ag Bengip posted:

Stop - you're both right! It's a douche AND a floor cleaner! The RSI site at one point (not necessarily the original Kickstarter pitch) was clear that there would be several discrete modules. Arena Commander, for loving around with the combat portion of the space flight sim. Space Marine, with its own maps and game types, for loving around with the combat FPS. SQ42, which was a single-player story-driven experience featuring both space combat and FPS portions. And the Public Universe, which is the seamless experience with all of the above gameplay styles merged into one giant MMO-alike.

That last portion is why the pledging hit epic levels. The main issue with Star Marine was this: http://www.justagamemode.com/ They had no problems talking it up constantly, and doing previews with gaming media, and leveraging those promises into getting more funds from backers. And just like that, it was gone. Cause it's "in the PTU". The problem is, even if it was in the PTU 100% feature complete, it's still not a separate experience like Arena Commander is, and that's what people were expecting. CIG sold people on the idea that you'd log into the game and have 4 separate experiences that you could choose to engage in depending on mood - Arena Commander for quick dogfights, Star Marine for quick FPS action, SQ42 for a single-player campaign, or the PU for the persistent MMO experience, featuring all of the above.

Star Marine was removed. Arena Commander is on life support. PTU is on hold. All hands on deck for SQ42. The bait-and-switch of the century, and :lol: at anyone who didn't see this coming once they read about the career history of Our Lord and Savior Christ Roberts.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Ag Bengip posted:

Yeah, you were wrong, they talked up a whole e-sports thing they were planning with the Racing mode and Sataball.

The thing I always find confusing is that over the years CIG & Chris Roberts have demonstrated they will rewrite history to being the exact opposite of what they've said before. Citizens will defend this by using something else CIG have said.

As all CIG facts become malleable over time you can therefore build anything you like, the problem I have is that to me, one thing they've said looks pretty much like another. Citizens however seem to have this undetectable method of determining the real facts, the ones they actually meant. The only clue to these real facts is that they seem useful to explain whatever is currently happening, almost as if the Citizen hadn't formed an opinion based on facts at all but rather sought out ideas to support an opinion they already had. It's odd.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You've chosen one very odd thing to get all defensive and wrong about

Star Citizen has been sold for years with the promise of gameplay features being available during development. Why would it be "illegitimate criticism" or whatever to hold them to their promises before full release?

Calm down, I've already admitted that I was wrong. I haven't been paying close enough attention.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He left us and yet he won't leave CIG.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

note to self : developer ghost whilst drunk sounds like average joe.
Stay save developer ghost! While I never doubted you, and firmly believe you are quite close to the source.
I'm still on the fence whether or not all the information you have is legit.

I'l miss your posts, looking forward to your book :smug:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

He said he was drunk though

He most have been really drunk to mistake him for an American.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Reddit to the rescue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4dqjsp/infantry_based_antiship_weapons/

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Could somebody add Ben's face here?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Milky Moor posted:

This is what happens when you let GBS cunts out of their box. Stay in your dumb 4chan lite hellhole.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

He most have been really drunk to mistake him for an American.

Why do you think that post sounded American?

I don't think I've ever heard an American say "so best left."

Also "games industry" sounds British and so does "so fair play to him."

I'm genuinely curious what made you think the post sounded like an American wrote it

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 7, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Could somebody add Ben's face here?

Why? What did that manul do wrong? :(

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Scruffpuff posted:

Stop - you're both right! It's a douche AND a floor cleaner! The RSI site at one point (not necessarily the original Kickstarter pitch) was clear that there would be several discrete modules. Arena Commander, for loving around with the combat portion of the space flight sim. Space Marine, with its own maps and game types, for loving around with the combat FPS. SQ42, which was a single-player story-driven experience featuring both space combat and FPS portions. And the Public Universe, which is the seamless experience with all of the above gameplay styles merged into one giant MMO-alike.

That last portion is why the pledging hit epic levels. The main issue with Star Marine was this: http://www.justagamemode.com/ They had no problems talking it up constantly, and doing previews with gaming media, and leveraging those promises into getting more funds from backers. And just like that, it was gone. Cause it's "in the PTU". The problem is, even if it was in the PTU 100% feature complete, it's still not a separate experience like Arena Commander is, and that's what people were expecting. CIG sold people on the idea that you'd log into the game and have 4 separate experiences that you could choose to engage in depending on mood - Arena Commander for quick dogfights, Star Marine for quick FPS action, SQ42 for a single-player campaign, or the PU for the persistent MMO experience, featuring all of the above.

Star Marine was removed. Arena Commander is on life support. PTU is on hold. All hands on deck for SQ42. The bait-and-switch of the century, and :lol: at anyone who didn't see this coming once they read about the career history of Our Lord and Savior Christ Roberts.

You have to give CIG credit, they made sure to set themselves up to let down as many people as they could on the way to failing miserably.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4dq9y4/a_reminder_on_the_difficulties_of_vr/

Cymelion slowly going off the deep end

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
VR is really good, guys.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Didn't want stupid VR anyway. Chris' immersion animations are much better *sob*

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

should have closed the thread when we had the chance

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

hakimashou posted:

Why do you think that post sounded American?

I don't think I've ever heard an American say "so best left."

Also "games industry" sounds British and so does "so fair play to him."

I'm genuinely curious what made you think the post sounded like an American wrote it

I don't know, usually he's posts are very refined, well written, a hint of arrogance and 'posh' .
That wall of text lacked all of the above. it sounded like something I would write on a good day.

So I don't know, I went with American lol.
Lets not make this in another Crowdfunded is the worst thing that has happened since F2P model discussion lol!
I'm looking at you Visa avatar guy.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Happy Sisyphus posted:

should have closed the thread when we had the chance

I can show you why this thread should carry on, all you have to do is follow this code.....

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I wonder if he was one of those people pushing referrals on others to try to get them onto Star Citizen.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

This was actually pretty funny lol.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Stay safe developer ghost

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I can show you why this thread should carry on, all you have to do is follow this code.....

now we will be trapped here until the ELE

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

:ironicat: at a star citizen fan saying that fans of another thing are worse than evangelicals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Okay, I think I figured out the " 11" Eightace was referring to.

What if it has some connection to this movie
Lucky Number Slevin,
Chris Roberts was on this movie as producer.

As someone pointed out there is an empty space before the ' 11"
Slevin = levin = eleven.

Just spitballing here.

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 7, 2016

• Locked thread