Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
All those actresses are too young to play Sandi. You need someone like Sarah Jessica Parker or something.

My catte pic:

Lladre fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It just dawned on me that Hollywood would gladly make a movie destroying Roberts based on the SC drama. Costner would likely bankroll it.

Who would play Sandi?

That lady from Die Antwoord?

Sunswipe posted:

See if Jim Henson's estate still has blueprints from The Dark Crystal?

At least one of the Skeksis puppets is still intact, but apparently in a delicate state (the foam that forms the core of the build was never meant to stand up to much use).

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

I hear bad things are happening to Goons in Eve. Should I bother subbing my accounts to evacuate poo poo out of Dek in case I ever feel like returning or is it not that bad? Alternatively I guess, is it a war so good that I should actually log in and play for a bit?

E. WTF? I could have sworn I switched threads. Oh well, this post is here now. Please advise shitizens.

Eve is a game never worth playing. The amount of grief thats possible... it causes my anxiety to flare up. I play games to have fun, not to feel the worst kind of griefs that triple every second. When Eve finally adds the PvP slider so i can turn off human interactions while i cruise around the infinite black of space. I will play. BUT it HAS TO let me win ANY battle.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My biggest fear with CIG is that Derek is right and we won't even get a Squadron 42.

I want to see all 60 hours of Chris Robert's masterpeice unironically. The schadenfruede would probably kill me.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

G0RF posted:

Speaking of inauthenticity and slick motion graphics, anybody know what game this commercial is for? Looks pretty slick with asteroids colliding into each other and pretty female pilots and all that.

Look out Elite is all I'm saying... There's a really slick new space combat game in town!

this is so loving bad

stretched out dance metaphor

bad cgi faces on the alien and the pilot

missiles that don't have proximity detonation yet can effortless flip 180...

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
now can someone solve eightace's code riddle thing?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Lladre posted:

All those actresses are too young to play Sandi. You need someone like Sarah Jessica Parker or something.

Someone... A little Long in the face you might say?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

Eve is a game never worth playing. The amount of grief thats possible... it causes my anxiety to flare up. I play games to have fun, not to feel the worst kind of griefs that triple every second. When Eve finally adds the PvP slider so i can turn off human interactions while i cruise around the infinite black of space. I will play. BUT it HAS TO let me win ANY battle.

Lol

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016
Guys. I have a confession. I'm a whale, and a Shitizen. I'm 5k deep in this, and I'd like to tell you my story.

This morning I woke up at 6:30; four hours since the last time I browsed the Star Citizen subreddit. Sweating, I reached my porcine, clammy hand towards my iPhone with a custom-engraved likeness of Ben's supple shilouette on its back. Frantically I entered my pin, 4242, and turned on my flashlight so I could navigate from my Captain's Quarters, past the crew chairs in my immersive hugbox I found in a dumpster outside an Arby's, to the bathroom which I modified to look just like the one in my Retaliator. Grunting with effort, I spread my flabby cheeks and plaff down on the toilet seat. My hands are trembling as I unlock my phone and lick my cracked, salty lips. My hungry eyes dart across the small glowing screen. Each moment I wait for the page to refresh feels like an eternity. Finally it loads, and with a sense of relief I release the treasures of last night's digestive efforts. Despite the odor, my hand wanderers to my nethers as I eagerly devour the fresh posts from my fellow citizens. Solemnly I nod and up-vote each delectable self post about my fellow citizens' latest PTU experiences. "Unnhhhhh.... the FIDELITY" I whisper hoarsely. As I release another wave of half digested dreams, my eyes roll back in my head... I imagine how immersive it will be standing on the deck of my Idris, Vanduul and naysayers fleeing before the imposing might of the USS Roberts.

I wipe away a tear, and realize what I've given isn't good enough for the joy this game has brought me. I load up the page for a Fleet Pack, and eagerly max out my last credit card.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

No Mods No Masters posted:

I never played eve but I've been reading the thread for it because it's funny. The goon war strat seems to be to not try to fight in the hope everyone gets bored and goes away and it's going as well as you'd think it would

I don't get this. When I was in Goonfleet in ~06-07 we'd gang up on expensive ships with cheap rear end frigates and blow 'em up, then show our asses on the official forum. It's was pretty fun actually so why don't they go back to doing that? Is there internal drama worse than when Remedial stole the titan isk? (lol)

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Inkel posted:

I am seriously jealous at how awesome your dog is - really makes me want to get an australian shepard. I've been showing my girlfriend all the pics/vids you've posted of him, and she's pretty much on board with getting one now :3:

We had a stray who was incredibly intelligent... she was at least part Australian Shepard - best dog. She was shorter than a full-blood with a thick coat of fur, and a curling tail with long hair.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ravachol posted:

Guys. I have a confession. I'm a whale, and a Shitizen. I'm 5k deep in this, and I'd like to tell you my story.

This morning I woke up at 6:30; four hours since the last time I browsed the Star Citizen subreddit. Sweating, I reached my porcine, clammy hand towards my iPhone with a custom-engraved likeness of Ben's supple shilouette on its back. Frantically I entered my pin, 4242, and turned on my flashlight so I could navigate from my Captain's Quarters, past the crew chairs in my immersive hugbox I found in a dumpster outside an Arby's, to the bathroom which I modified to look just like the one in my Retaliator. Grunting with effort, I spread my flabby cheeks and plaff down on the toilet seat. My hands are trembling as I unlock my phone and lick my cracked, salty lips. My hungry eyes dart across the small glowing screen. Each moment I wait for the page to refresh feels like an eternity. Finally it loads, and with a sense of relief I release the treasures of last night's digestive efforts. Despite the odor, my hand wanderers to my nethers as I eagerly devour the fresh posts from my fellow citizens. Solemnly I nod and up-vote each delectable self post about my fellow citizens' latest PTU experiences. "Unnhhhhh.... the FIDELITY" I whisper hoarsely. As I release another wave of half digested dreams, my eyes roll back in my head... I imagine how immersive it will be standing on the deck of my Idris, Vanduul and naysayers fleeing before the imposing might of the USS Roberts.

I wipe away a tear, and realize what I've given isn't good enough for the joy this game has brought me. I load up the page for a Fleet Pack, and eagerly max out my last credit card.

Good on you commando. :pgabz:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Haskell9 posted:

I don't get this. When I was in Goonfleet in ~06-07 we'd gang up on expensive ships with cheap rear end frigates and blow 'em up, then show our asses on the official forum. It's was pretty fun actually so why don't they go back to doing that? Is there internal drama worse than when Remedial stole the titan isk? (lol)

probably because goons got bored with eve and left while pubbies regged to get into the amazing goonfleet until there were no goons and all pubbies

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Haskell9 posted:

This is like third hand so don't take it for gospel, but my understanding is that goons can't pull the people to do strats like that anymore. The overwhelm with lovely ships thing only works when you can actually field more ships than the other guy

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Haskell9 posted:

Friend, If anyone can use smaller ships to blow up a Titan then that is a cause of amazing grief and should NEVER be acceptable.

Oh god it hurts to type like that. Seriosly. Try to B'tak your text and feel true grief.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ravachol posted:

You should get a refund, citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Is Star Citizen to Eve, what WoW was to old school MMO's?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4dsemt/is_star_citizen_to_eve_what_wow_was_to_old_school/d1tzhnu

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

Friend, If anyone can use smaller ships to blow up a Titan then that is a cause of amazing grief and should NEVER be acceptable.

Oh god it hurts to type like that. Seriosly. Try to B'tak your text and feel true grief.

Is it ok if I just occasionally go overboard with the italics to put emphasis on certain words?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

A cage full of hungry Bens tied to his face.

So adorbs! Like there's a cage big enough for even ONE Ben.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hope you got insurance!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hot drat, finally caught up. Sucks to stay abreast when you're traveling.

So, did I win over the hearts and minds of anyone here yet, or am I still the insufferable twat everyone pretends to hate?

I never said you were an insufferable twat or pretended to hate you.

But, is that the way you want it to roll?

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

Skellybones posted:

You should get a refund, citizen.

Don't let your dreams, be dreams. Let them be crippling, crushing regrets.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Thanks for the replies, gents. Man, what a shame. :rip: goonfleet

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

lets revisit this

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Tippis posted:

Is it ok if I just occasionally go overboard with the italics to put emphasis on certain words?

I want everyone to understand the Grief of B'tak typing. Go full B'Tak.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4dtm93/lets_have_an_unpopular_opinions_thread/

500 posts, 4 hours :kheldragar:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Well, i gotta go shower. i touched the poop and it... its all over me now. Oh god it burns.. Im never touching reddit again.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It just dawned on me that Hollywood would gladly make a movie destroying Roberts based on the SC drama. Costner would likely bankroll it.

Who would play Sandi?

her

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Proposal, when the poo poo really hits the fan with CIG, and every knee is forced to bow, every tongue forced to confess, that the name of this thread be permanently changed to:

Star Citizen: I had said – since my first July 2015 blog

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ravachol posted:

I pictured the big guy from that "Gamer" movie that controls the stripper avator while reading this for some weird sick reason.. :gonk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reading some of these posts feels dirty and makes me want to get clean. Like this kitty.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:eyepop: so many commandos flirting with the the edge of realization, before retreating back into dreams

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Has anyone noticed that Ben can't even button his shirt cuffs? Please diet Ben.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

whoknew posted:

Has anyone noticed that Ben can't even button his shirt cuffs? Please diet Ben.

Hes on a diet and Sandi is ACTIVELY attempting to sabotage it. Shes Queen Bitch of CiG now, boys.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I hope someone can fix this...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
That Reddit thread for unpopular opinions, man. Wow. It's amazing how goonish much of it reads.

quote:

"I'm having issues with all the new ships they keep adding on. Information runner? News van? $600-900 space farm/research bay/ hospital? Who the gently caress is buying into that thinking CIG will realistically be able to create new game mechanics just for you?

We don't even know how exploration will work yet and people are buying into whatever.

What we are going to get is a mix of EVE and Elite Dangerous. Idk when the hell they will have time to program a feature to fly down to a planet in my news van and poach an animal to sell its fur on the black market."

The thread is filled with the kind of stuff. It's revelatory-- it feels almost therapeutic in tone. Finally they can safely speak the obvious without being demonized, castigated, downvoted, called a Derek Smart puppet, decried a goon, or hit with the "it's pre-alpha!" stick until death.

If I were a CIG heavy, this would make for alarming reading. Not so much any specific comment-- but more the cumulative message underlying this cacophony...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 8, 2016

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Check out this badass.

Big fan of the drool stains, keep it up champion o9

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who would play Sandi?

Sylvester Stallone

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Comparing the most successful game in the world to something that isn't out and wont ever come out. Check annnnnd mate reddit, you've done it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

G0RF posted:

The Reddit community made it safe to express unpopular opinions for a thread.It's kind of amazing how goonish much of it reads.

The thread is filled with the kind of stuff. It's revelatory-- it feels almost therapeutic in tone. Finally they can safely speak the obvious without being demonized, castigated, downvoted, called a Derek Smart puppet, decried a goon, or hit with the "it's pre-alpha!" stick until death.

If I were a CIG heavy, this would make for alarming reading. Not so much any specific comment-- but more the cumulative message underlying this cacophony...

this is a great thread, i love it.

Papal_placeholder posted:

I don't think the drink mixing minigame will be fun.

neither do i, papal_placeholder, neither do i

• Locked thread