Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

Why reveal your entire masonry on d2?

:sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Shadow0 posted:

:livintrope:
:kamina:
:zoro:

Champ / Mr Satan / サタンさん / Hercule / Mayor Glowku, I agree that maybe killing off a lurker would be good.
Though I think TheDonPeters defended me at some point?
Infinitum seems to be suspicious of me, but in a trying to distract everyone from himself kind of way.

I'll hammer if the chance pops up.
But for now, I'm not sure who is evil.
So no change in my vote just yet.

This guy gets it! Finally someone who knows who the REAL Champ is.

Friction.123 posted:

If we're lynching lurkers we can always ##vote Mayor Glowku since they haven't contributed an original thought all game.

King Burgundy posted:

Reread Prop and there isn't anything I can make a good case on currently, but I've got a gut scum read.

##vote Propaganda Machine

Why is the Champ not allowed to have a gut feeling but this "King" is?! I freaking saved the UNIVERSE three years ago and this is the thanks I get!??!?

CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET BACK TO FINDING THE SCUM SO WE CAN FIND THE DRAGONBALLS!?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
tell me about your feels about propaganda machine, champ.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Let me re-read the past few pages, I had a big lunch (befitting of a Champ like myself) and I usually like to rest after.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Exhibit A:

If this little wimp was trying to sandbag and prove he isn't scum by saying what scum WOULD do, it only points more to him being scum.

Exhibit B:

Yet again this points to being scum. The whole "I'm only pretending to be an idiot" scenario never works on the Champ!

It's a bit early to tell but he's definitely on the Champ's radar.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Mayor Glowku posted:

Exhibit A:

If this little wimp was trying to sandbag and prove he isn't scum by saying what scum WOULD do, it only points more to him being scum.

Exhibit B:

Yet again this points to being scum. The whole "I'm only pretending to be an idiot" scenario never works on the Champ!

It's a bit early to tell but he's definitely on the Champ's radar.

Those two posts do look really bad thank you for your contribution ##unvote

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Friction.123 posted:

Those two posts do look really bad thank you for your contribution ##unvote

Look it took the Champ a bit to figure out what was going on. I'm a fighter not a thinker! BAHAHAHA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Look it took the Champ a bit to figure out what was going on. I'm a failure not a thinker! BAHAHAHA

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

There is nothing funny about that edit, I'm about to kick your butt!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

yolo

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Mayor Glowku posted:

MODS? MOOODS?!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jimson posted:

MODS? MOOODS?!

The mods won't come. HE CHALLENGED THE CHAMP! YOU DON'T COME AT THE CHAMP AND EXPECT NOTHING TO HAPPEN

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

The mods won't come. HE CHALLENGED THE CHAMP! YOU DON'T COME AT THE CHAMP AND EXPECT NOTHING TO HAPPEN

thunderdome?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

thunderdome?

Keep it in your pants, Kash.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
That isn't a thunderdome you're going to win Kash

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Friction.123 posted:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Friction.123 posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Friction.123 posted:

I don't play mafia to win I play to have fun

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Rarity posted:

Keep it in your pants, Kash.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm a mafia newbie so I've mostly been hanging back and reading others' posts to try and get a read on people! :kiddo: Day 1 was basically a nonsense wash as far as I'm concerned, and I am still not sure I understand if the GBS crew is just bandwagoning for no reason or if there's something else going on.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

tpink posted:

I'm a mafia newbie so I've mostly been hanging back and reading others' posts to try and get a read on people! :kiddo: Day 1 was basically a nonsense wash as far as I'm concerned, and I am still not sure I understand if the GBS crew is just bandwagoning for no reason or if there's something else going on.

You might want to post more then because we're here to rid the thread of lurkers.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, someone posting a million things makes it more difficult for others to go back and piece their posting history together, so I personally would not be inclined to consider that a great thing - though with the obvious caveat that if someone is not posting at all, it's also really tough to get a read on them. So, umm, there should be some happy medium I guess?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you all post too much

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

so here's how I play; yeah each day is pretty much poo poo alone. However, if someone on any random day says something suspicious, I go back and read their content to see what else they've that said has bothered me. Has anyone been on your radar?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

so here's how I play; yeah each day is pretty much poo poo alone. However, if someone on any random day says something suspicious, I go back and read their content to see what else they've that said has bothered me. Has anyone been on your radar?

The "lynch al lurkers" crew - I see the obvious reasoning for this (kill people who are not even playing the game), but it also makes for a very easy cover to lynch someone (because it's a plausible excuse for a vote). Not enough for me to actually vote for anyone in particular but still.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

The "lynch al lurkers" crew - I see the obvious reasoning for this (kill people who are not even playing the game), but it also makes for a very easy cover to lynch someone (because it's a plausible excuse for a vote). Not enough for me to actually vote for anyone in particular but still.

The think about lynching all lurkers is that it is easier to justify lynching a lurker now, rather than if we get to the endgame and we have lurkers around when we cannot afford to mislynch

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lurking is not a valuable metric this game when a significant number of posters are high volume+low content (saying a lot and nothing.) in essence, there is too many people who are lurking, as in, not engaging, for it 2 matter

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

The think about lynching all lurkers is that it is easier to justify lynching a lurker now, rather than if we get to the endgame and we have lurkers around when we cannot afford to mislynch

Agree! As I said, there's a perfectly plausible explanation for those votes now, but doesn't that also provide a great cover for basically that same reason?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

lurking is not a valuable metric this game when a significant number of posters are high volume+low content (saying a lot and nothing.) in essence, there is too many people who are lurking, as in, not engaging, for it 2 matter

Yeah, I think this is also sort of what I was getting at. Posting 200+ posts when 90% of them are meaningless doesn't really move the needle much more than lurking.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

The solution to your conundrum is to post more then you won't be classified as a lurker.

Never stop posting!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did we kill that one person yet

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rascyc posted:

No and we should.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Azuth0667 posted:

No and we should.

Which one person?

And notice how that little wimp tpink now shows up after the Champ calls 'em out!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

Which one person?

And notice how that little wimp tpink now shows up after the Champ calls 'em out!

TheDonPeters

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i want to challenge hercule

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

i want to challenge hercule

Well we uhh, we are working on taking care of TheDonPeters! I've got meetings all day, I uhh You wouldn't even last a minute in the ring with the Champ! Haha... BAHAHAHA!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Azuth0667 posted:

TheDonPeters
yeah this person

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

The solution to your conundrum is to post more then you won't be classified as a lurker.

Never stop posting!

Yeah, if I'm going to be lynched in my very first Mafia game I'd at least rather not be lynched for not posting enough.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

Yeah, if I'm going to be lynched in my very first Mafia game I'd at least rather not be lynched for not posting enough.

This guy right here finally has the right attitude. Hell yeah! :justpost:

Be like the Champ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
glowku is a hero

• Locked thread