Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

thathonkey posted:

Amazon shipped a router to my home at like 6pm on a sunday that i had ordered at 10am same day. That is fuckin crazy...

Wait what? You had an emergency router delivered to ur basement in 8 hrs from the Internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/mac-mcclelland-free-online-shipping-warehouses-labor

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
america.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Well. That was depressing.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Well. That was depressing.

I work in a warehouse and we hire temps that start at 10 bucks an hour. I skimmed through the article, did she ever say what company she was working for? Was amalgamated whatever the actual name?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

JB50 posted:

I work in a warehouse and we hire temps that start at 10 bucks an hour. I skimmed through the article, did she ever say what company she was working for? Was amalgamated whatever the actual name?

I think it was a cutesy way to say "Amazon"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that's definitely amazon. no general goods seller is that big and doesn't sing songs before the workday, which she didn't write about

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I work in a warehouse!

And its not at all like that one!

edit: Also, in the four years since that article has been published Amazon was sued for their no pay while in the scanner policy and lost, so at least that never happens anymore.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Uh, I'm pretty sure they won that suit

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why do they call it a warehouse?

you can't wear it, and it's not a house!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why do they call it a warehouse?

you can't wear it, and it's not a house!

If you get bitten by one, on a full moon you'll turn into a house.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Ontrac
They just got too big too fast. I've had probably 5 issues with them in the last 2 months.

They are a delivery company that was California overnight. Great service and pricing.

They decided to expand. They do not have the staff. If you call customer service you are looking at 45 min waiting time minimum. Packages delivered to wrong STATES with similar addresses.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

swims posted:

Ontrac
They just got too big too fast. I've had probably 5 issues with them in the last 2 months.

They are a delivery company that was California overnight. Great service and pricing.

They decided to expand. They do not have the staff. If you call customer service you are looking at 45 min waiting time minimum. Packages delivered to wrong STATES with similar addresses.

I'd stop using them after the second problem, but I'm hasty that way on my overnight package delivery services.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Darth123123 posted:

Wait what? You had an emergency router delivered to ur basement in 8 hrs from the Internet?

it wasn't an emergency i just happened to be ordering this router anyway and noticed the same-day option for free (Prime member here; get jealous you poors). hadnt ever used it before so i tired it out figuring i would get it sometime early the next day but it actually arrived same day. i do wish i had a basement though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sports Authority was not able to successfully reorganize in bankruptcy, so it looks like they are going through with a sale of assets that will probably close all but a handful of stores, if not completely cease to exist shortly.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/02/news/companies/sports-authority-sale-store-closings/

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

one of those assets is the naming rights to the Denver Broncos' home stadium. i hear a weed dispensary is interested in buying them

quote:

When the company was bought by a hedge fund 10 years ago, it was the nation's largest sporting goods retailer. But it has struggled with the debt load associated with a leveraged buyout.
lol they got hosed over Bain Capital style. gently caress high finance

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

one of those assets is the naming rights to the Denver Broncos' home stadium. i hear a weed dispensary is interested in buying them

please tell me this is true

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

kazr posted:

please tell me this is true
it's true

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sports Authority was not able to successfully reorganize in bankruptcy, so it looks like they are going through with a sale of assets that will probably close all but a handful of stores, if not completely cease to exist shortly.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/02/news/companies/sports-authority-sale-store-closings/

Sport Chalet is also closing all their stores. I somehow got in their mailing list and got an email advising I have until June to use any gift cards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

So far the Sports Authority emails I get are ignoring this news, will see how long that lasts

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

eric posted:

Sport Chalet is also closing all their stores. I somehow got in their mailing list and got an email advising I have until June to use any gift cards.

So all I get from this is that American's are fatties who don't buy none of that thar sportin' faggotry.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Y-Hat posted:

lol they got hosed over Bain Capital style. gently caress high finance

Mild high stadium

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a weed dispensary should be trying to buy the denver nugs instead gently caress that lame rear end stadium for the lovely broncos to lose in

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

Mild high stadium

Purple Dank Stadium

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It would probably be the Mile High Bowl or something.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

So all I get from this is that American's are fatties who don't buy none of that thar sportin' faggotry.

Amazon

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mozi posted:

It would probably be the Mile High Bowl or something.
if they keep the naming scheme that the stadium has had since it was built, it'd be called "Native Roots Stadium at Mile High"

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Really every city needs a version of Check, Please! like we have in Chicago. Its a public access show that gets a group of three normal people together and each of them picks one of their favorite restaurants and they each go there individually and review it in front of each other. I found and tried tons of restaurants from that show and have never really had a bad experience at any of them. An awesome idea for a show and a lot better than typing "Thai" into yelp. Or just ask someone on the street what their favorite whatever restaurant is. I do that a lot in a new city too.

Necroquoting but my friends and I do this, with each other. Thus contributing to Yelp's demise (?)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Y-Hat posted:

if they keep the naming scheme that the stadium has had since it was built, it'd be called "Native Roots Stadium at Mile High"

honestly even taking the weed thing out of the equation this name is incredibly Colorado and i think it'd be great

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

KiteAuraan posted:

I just don't know if the sporting goods superstore is a good model in the US unless they sell a ton of guns.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

And that is going to be the winning super mega store: TONS OF GUNS!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Automatic Slim posted:

And that is going to be the winning super mega store: TONS OF GUNS!

Behold the MANS super mega store:

And it is most certainly NOT circling the drain.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

is cabela's stores doing better than bass pro shops'

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nonsense posted:

gander mountain seems to be the worst gun superstore

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nonsense posted:

There's been rumblings for a while now that Bass Pro is looking to buy Cabela's

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I sent an email to Cabela's asking if they would be getting a couple newer Henry rifle models in stock in the near future and I got an unexpectedly snarky response about how they have no ability to predict future stock and would not be willing to speculate as to whether or not those models will ever be sold by the company.

It was very strange.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Shark posted:

I sent an email to Cabela's asking if they would be getting a couple newer Henry rifle models in stock in the near future and I got an unexpectedly snarky response about how they have no ability to predict future stock and would not be willing to speculate as to whether or not those models will ever be sold by the company.

It was very strange.

proabably like when they had the ammo shortage and everyone called twice a day to check availability?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

JB50 posted:

Behold the MANS super mega store:

And it is most certainly NOT circling the drain.

That's pretty baller.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

is that the reason why all those clickbait ads about cheap razors and whatnot on numerous websites don't get blocked on Adblock?

edit: just installed uBlock and those ads aren't appearing. good riddance Adblock you won't be missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

FlamingLiberal posted:

So far the Sports Authority emails I get are ignoring this news, will see how long that lasts

I got an email from them yesterday, since I signed up for that dumb free number card that gives me less-rip-off prices

quote:

May 3, 2016

Dear Sports Authority Customers,

We appreciate your support and patronage and want you to know that you can continue to shop at Sports Authority stores and online at SportsAuthority.com.

As we communicated in early March when we entered Chapter 11, we are closing or selling approximately 140 of our 450 stores. We continue to move forward with this process, which we expect will be completed by the end of June. During this time, you can take advantage of our ongoing sales at those stores, with big discounts on great brands and merchandise!

The majority of our stores remain open on normal schedules and you can continue to shop on SportsAuthority.com as you always have. For an up-to-date list of operating Sports Authority stores and to find the nearest location, please visit our Store Locator at SportsAuthority.com.

We remain fully committed to delivering value and great merchandise wherever you shop at Sports Authority, and we look forward to continue serving you.
Sincerely,

I think they will probably remain an online retailer with some good deals coming due to the closures. If the one near me closes, I know I need some new running shoes soon so I hope I can get something for cheaper than on ebay.