Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

I contacted my sources and have obtained a leaked copy of the table of contents.

quote:

Chapter 1 - All The Ways I Was Right About Star Citizen
Chapter 2 - See Chapter 1
Chapter 3 - See Chapter 1
Chapter 4 - See Chapter 1
Chapter 5 - See Chapter 1

uhm, no. It goes like this:

quote:

Chapter 1 - All The Ways I Was Right About Star Citizen
Chapter 2 - See Chapter 1
Chapter 3 - See Chapter 2
Chapter 4 - See Chapter 3
Chapter 5 - See Chapter 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Friendly Humour posted:

Some dude who has actually been following the thread could do a recap of the past few months for the rest of us. 2000 posts a day is a bit unreasonable to keep up with.

CiG did something remotely stupid on their lovely shows so we laughed about it for 30 pages. Donut gate has been wiped entirely from the youtube video but it's still on twitch since they can't edit the VoD.

Eight_Aces got drunk and posted some cryptic code, regretted it and deleted a lot of posts the next day. Goons got pissy because they couldn't crack the code and thus CODE IS poo poo!!!!!!!

Derek said some stuff, supposedly poo poo's imploding and things are in motion to end this entirely. Who knows when that comes to light it could be tomorrow or Two Weeks.

There I just summed up the last 100+ pages for you

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Terebus posted:

This is an interesting line, sounds like there might be a fun PCI compliance story coming out of this.

Not just that, but since they are the architects of the tech, and having allegedly (they said this themselves IIRC) received an investment from RSI/CIG, we'd like to know

1) the nature of that investment, as it is material to backer money being spent

2) the accuracy of the data, how it is scraped, were there any discussions about padding and/or doing any data manipulation to give the impression of financial health. That last bit is squarely in fraud territory btw.

I'm saying it again, when this poo poo-show collapses, given the web of companies, contractors etc who have been a part of it, all of it is going to be an absolute Gold mine of what happened, when, how - and who the players were

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lladre posted:

Didn't they start before Chris did? It would make it more of "Do what we did, Chris Roberts, ooh yeah, too late, my bad" over and over again.

They were working on and off for years, but the KS began after SC. Both games were what Braben and Roberts have been dreaming of for decades. The big difference is that Braben is an industry veteran with a well managed team and a history of delivering games, while Roberts was made a laughing stock when Microsoft took over his company for wasting their money while Chris was too busy playing director on a notoriously lovely movie.

In other words one is a professional and the other is a joke.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm a couple pages behind, but what struck me about that Ben/Lando interaction is that it honestly seemed like the kind of poo poo someone would do if they were desperately trying to shift the blame so as not to be the fall guy.

Like Ben realizes they're hosed, realizes Crobbler set him up to go down hard, and would really really like Lando to be the fall guy instead.

The problem is that Ben comes from the Sandi Roberts Gardiner School of Subterfuge and is more transparent than glass. Meanwhile Lando gives no fucks, is clearly smarter than Ben, and has the benefit of not being the Director of Literally Everything That's hosed Up.

Sorry Ben, the only person you can shift blame to is Chris, and he's made of Teflon. If you want to pin this on him you're going to have to provide evidence, not words. Good luck, Commando.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They were working on and off for years, but the KS began after SC. Both games were what Braben and Roberts have been dreaming of for decades. The big difference is that Braben is an industry veteran with a well managed team and a history of delivering games, while Roberts was made a laughing stock when Microsoft took over his company for wasting their money while Chris was too busy playing director on a notoriously lovely movie.

In other words one is a professional and the other is a joke.

Well Crobblers is a professional joke, if that counts.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So, Q1/16 funding numbers (assuming all this poo poo is accurate)

Jan, $2.6M

Feb, $2.1M

Mar, $2.0M <----- LOL

I smell an April ship sale

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Well Crobblers is a professional joke, if that counts.

He does indeed get paid for his incompetence.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The problem is that Ben comes from the Sandi Roberts Gardiner School of Subterfuge and is more transparent than glass. Meanwhile Lando gives no fucks, is clearly smarter than Ben, and has the benefit of not being the Director of Literally Everything That's hosed Up.

Sorry Ben, the only person you can shift blame to is Chris, and he's made of Teflon. If you want to pin this on him you're going to have to provide evidence, not words. Good luck, Commando.

Yeah that video was the most hamfisted attempt at blame-shifting I've ever seen, which is actually what made it stand out to me as an attempt to blame-shift rather than just Ben saying something stupid.

It honestly seemed like he had what he thought was a great plan (Oh I know, I'll just casually bring up Lando's leak and it'll lay the foundation for me not being in trouble) and then his social stupidity kicked in and he ended up self owning hard.

Plus, like you said. If Lando's already gone full Office Space (and it sure seems like he has) no amount of blame shifting is even going to loving faze him. because why would it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

Jan, $2.6M

Feb, $2.1M

Mar, $200K <----- LOL

Math is hard. They made more than $200K on March 26 and 27 alone.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Well I'm pretty sure they said they were aiming for one concept sale a month for like the next four months, so yeah.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
We are all living Chapter 6 right now

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
It will ultimately end in Chapter 11

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Jan, $2.6M

Feb, $2.1M

Mar, $200K <----- LOL

March was ~$2M

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Watch. Listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-iyWxV-i8&feature=youtu.be&t=272

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

Nope. Not crazy. At all.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

Lol. hosed up if true.

But ultimately it could've been any one of his reasons IRL that made him stop posting than some random internet people. Could've just as easily been so as to make sure this developer ghost stays safe, and doesn't have his pelt nailed to the Stimperor's office. The only legit 'driven off' people from this thread I can read of note, in the last couple months, were Fuzz and Bootcha and yyyeah, I'm not gonna blame this thread that much for that.

People only really started complaining about Fuzz after she was probated and Bootcha left entirely of his own volition afterward.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

gently caress off

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

2) the accuracy of the data, how it is scrapped, were there any discussions about padding and/or doing any data manipulation to give the impression of financial health. That last bit is squarely in fraud territory btw.

I know it's just a typo and you meant scraped but it made me snort because my mental image of the Turbulent office when poo poo hits the fan is a Benny Hill sketch of people frantically stuffing paper into shredders and pounding hard drives apart/rubbing them with strong magnets.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MedicineHut posted:

For those of you curious about the text I just translated to cover Top Head Cultist No1 "gaps":

"¿Es el plan actual de CIG tener todas las naves anunciadas hasta ahora volables el dia del lanzamiento comercial?

No. Depende de lo que se quiera decir con lanzamiento comercial. El juego se puede comprar ahora mismo, así que técnicamente ya ha sido lanzado comercialmente [NdT: risas]... hay esperanza [NdT: intercambio de miradas incomodas de Ben y Lando], pero ... ... ... aún no estamos ahí, especialmente para todo lo nuevo. Casi todo lo que hay hasta 2015 probablemente... de hecho no fue hasta que llegamos a la Endevour que empezamos a mirar calendarios donde empiezan a haber cosas que se lancen despues de... ya sabeis, como se llame...."

Dont worry, I ll calm down in a bit.

So what did the cultist leave out?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The dumb fucks ran their credibility into the ground while allowing an unqualified sycophant to treat their customer base like his own personal fansite. They fired or ran off anyone in the community team who was remotely professional and those who are left are publicly sniping at each other. It's a toxic community, a toxic workplace, and a toxic company.

gently caress all of them. They deserve what's coming when they fail.

There is a pretty large range of what's coming though. I mean on the one hand we could see several of the heads and the visible figures in prison for fraud, on the other hand the shop could just close up and everyone move to another job. I feel like that's a pretty large difference in outcomes. I guess the end outcome still will be that the game fails, but for the people involved the outcome could be drastically different.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Math is hard. They made more than $200K on March 26 and 27 alone.

Yeah, my bad. Should say $2.0M (showing the decline). Posting on mobile is hard.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Not only is it tacky as gently caress, it also makes the room feel taller and out of proportion.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Haskell9 posted:

I know it's just a typo and you meant scraped but it made me snort because my mental image of the Turbulent office when poo poo hits the fan is a Benny Hill sketch of people frantically stuffing paper into shredders and pounding hard drives apart/rubbing them with strong magnets.

LOL!! Yeah, "scraped" :D :D :D

atxsperg
Jan 29, 2016

I like cats for their cuddles, but hate the boxes of shit.

D_Smart posted:

Precisely!! And man, was their enough poo poo on there. Even TCE has failed to capture the essence of FB. Good times.

I agree, Fat Babies was amazing, and caused a huge witch hunt at acclaim back in the day. they where even monitoring internet usage to see if anyone visited at work. problem was EVERYONE was going there since managment kept talking about it, they finally blocked it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Why did you edit in some horror clip into Event Horizon

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326069/terminology-of-ship-role-is-being-defined

Good thing it's only been 6 months since Star Citizen started development, doing this after 3 years would be really dumb

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

What the gently caress? A newborn's skull hasn't knitted yet and is still pliable. That is a poo poo flail.

If you grab it by a foot it makes for a crude cat-o'-nine-tails.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Is SQ42 just Gary Oldman versus Cats from Outer Space?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Daztek posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326069/terminology-of-ship-role-is-being-defined

Good thing it's only been 6 months since Star Citizen started development, doing this after 3 years would be really dumb

"*Definitions of words subject to change. Any qualities or descriptions described herein may not be relevant or factual & you will not hold CIG liable for changing them to suit whatever purpose they feel like. Any similarities between the marketing material and actual product are coincidental and subject to change at any time."

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
The doubters are on a roll

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/4dyuwe/star_citizen_shows_off_walking_on_procedural/

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I gathered that. But, as I said, why bother? Besides, I can do the same thing via my https://www.lockbin.com account. I compose a message and send it. Then only send the decryption key when ready. Simpler.

Or even easier. Single file in a zip, password protect it with a long passphrase.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah that video was the most hamfisted attempt at blame-shifting I've ever seen, which is actually what made it stand out to me as an attempt to blame-shift rather than just Ben saying something stupid.

It honestly seemed like he had what he thought was a great plan (Oh I know, I'll just casually bring up Lando's leak and it'll lay the foundation for me not being in trouble) and then his social stupidity kicked in and he ended up self owning hard.

Plus, like you said. If Lando's already gone full Office Space (and it sure seems like he has) no amount of blame shifting is even going to loving faze him. because why would it.

This is the most plausible explanation to me. His comment didn't even fit in with what was going on at the time, so it sounded exactly like something he was trying to shoehorn in while they were on air.

Poor Ben doesn't realize that Lando is flat out more likeable, simply because he's a weirdo scumbag. Like someone else said, he just seems like a guy you'd want to have a beer with.

When does the Wing Commander 25th anniversary Ben-gasm Event start?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why did you edit in some horror clip into Event Horizon

It's the missing footage.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

"What i'm about to show you might not sound too impressive at the first impression."

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

What the hell is going on here.

I am watching a video running at about 2 fps with "50 fps" written on the screen. What the gently caress is going on there?

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000

D_Smart posted:

Nope. Not crazy. At all.

Hi kids.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Jan, $2.6M

Feb, $2.1M

Mar, $2.0M <----- LOL

I'm looking at the graphs, and I wonder something. Like, there are lots of new backers every day, and even correcting for the "without ship" category it's suspiciously high.

Are the whales purchasing each new ship with a separate account, to get referral points to their main? They could transfer the ships to their main then, if they don't care about giftability

Plus they get those 5k lolcoins I guess. Are there downsides to this I haven't thought of?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I eagerly await the games journo articles on how the posters of SomethingAwful ruined the Star Citizen project through internet bullying or whatever. I also demand to be in the first ten names credited with this endeavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Booourns posted:

Come on now you can't expect everyone to have something funny to say, why would you want to take away their childish insults, next you're gonna wanna take away their animal picture spam

YO HEY don't you ever say an unkind thing about animal picture spam.

• Locked thread