Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

I voted for myself? :v:

I'm currently double voting guess we both have secret powers!

I like your case against PMach, but I'm going to hold my vote until we get closer to deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

Flavorfishing and an attempted chainlynch on two known town members with a bonus thunderdome.

##vote Propaganda Machine

Everybody else has made the effort case I wanted to make, but I wanted to point out something here:

TT was janitored, i.e, no cardflip, no role, no alignment.

So, the only people who would know TT's alignment are scum and self-aligned people, in which case, they can happily say "Oh, he was town" because nobody else can confirm it otherwise and TT's actual alignment doesn't mean anything to them.

Hope this helps!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I'll help you guys get this over with, then. I'm rusty and it hasn't been fun outside of jokephase. Hopefully any of this helps you nail scum before scum nails you. Good luck, town.

## vote PM

Well now I don't know what to think. :confused:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Friction.123 posted:

I'm currently double voting guess we both have secret powers!

I like your case against PMach, but I'm going to hold my vote until we get closer to deadline.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

tpink posted:

Well now I don't know what to think. :confused:

Think I am i the same boat, might be a play to slow the votes or showing his role to stop a mislynch but voting for your self before seems strange unless he has really just given in.

If I don't get a satisfactory answer as to what role flavour PM is I will vote for him.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

In case that wasn't hammer, I tried to protect KB last night and got blocked/distracted. Have fun figuring that one out.

Who all have you tried to save?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

We've only had one night phase so far. :confused:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Prop why pick KB for your PR?

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Is that for certain? Sure it's not some odd power of one of the scum, strange there was no scum move n1 if it was janitored.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The janitor would belong to the scum presumably. NA spec is pointless with this many alive though

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rascyc posted:

Prop why pick KB for your PR?

It was between you and him, actually. He at least engaged with me early on in what felt like a constructive manner, and I couldn't get clear reads on anybody else.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Azuth0667 posted:

We've only had one night so far :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Everybody else has made the effort case I wanted to make, but I wanted to point out something here:

So, the only people who would know TT's alignment are scum and self-aligned people, in which case, they can happily say "Oh, he was town" because nobody else can confirm it otherwise and TT's actual alignment doesn't mean anything to them.

Hope this helps!

That's a good point. Sorry for the oversight.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

We've only had one night phase so far. :confused:

We've only had one night so far :v:

Ah yeah i confused it with the other games im in.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TheDonPeters posted:

My liege!
*Bows low*

Have to say I am still unsure this could be a last ditched ploy

So your claiming doctor? (Correct me if I am using the wrong term) what's your flavour?

It could very easily be a last ditch ploy. Who's to say the game even has and Arthur?

I feel like if anybody should know who Arthur is, it's me. I'm the Lady in the Lake.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

It could very easily be a last ditch ploy. Who's to say the game even has and Arthur?

I feel like if anybody should know who Arthur is, it's me. I'm the Lady in the Lake.

Unless by last ditch ploy you meant my claim, not the Arthur flavorclaim (which is still a bold move if he's not scum).

I hadn't counted up the votes and I thought I was getting close. Definitely feels like I'm on my way out regardless, but I want to arm town with everything I can.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm heading to bed, so I'll probably miss deadline as I'll be asleep.

I'm happy with my vote on Pmachine.
Though I don't like town giving up in the fashion he has.

While there is time in the day, take a look at the votes that occurred today for myself, aside from Pmachine. They felt super lazy.

Good luck Knights.
Make your King proud.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

It was between you and him, actually. He at least engaged with me early on in what felt like a constructive manner, and I couldn't get clear reads on anybody else.
Why didn't you support my case on Inf d1?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rascyc posted:

Why didn't you support my case on Inf d1?

I had a hard time making sense of anything amidst all the white noise.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TheDonPeters posted:

Is that for certain? Sure it's not some odd power of one of the scum, strange there was no scum move n1 if it was janitored.

You're missing the point.

Nobody knows TT's alignment because he was janitored. Hell, in most games, even the scum don't get that information when they janitor someone. It's part of the trade-off between "deny town valuable information" and "gain information from a cardflip".

Arbitrarily declaring that TT was town is a slip because, barring an investigation, there's no way for PMach to know TT's alignment as town. Scum know who their scumbuddies are, which means they can confidently say someone is town: The someone isn't on their scum team, and if the someone is third-party, they're not going to go "AHA, HE'S TOTALLY LYING, I'M ACTUALLY THIRD PARTY, GOTCHA SCUMBO" because then the someone gets a bigger target on them.

Does that make more sense?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you're the Lady of the Lake and IF you were informed who Arthur was you'd know I wasn't lying.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
MEDS, that's a good point and a decent reason to vote for me. It honestly came down to laziness on my part. It wasn't a scumslip, though.

Like I said in my post, my heart just kind of isn't in this. I'd replace out, but I feel like it would unfairly drat whoever took my place. At least a flip tells you I was town.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

If you're the Lady of the Lake and IF you were informed who Arthur was you'd know I wasn't lying.

I wasn't informed and if you're not lying, I wish I had been.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It was a half-hearted flavorjoke.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait... Lady of the Lake isn't even in the movie, she's just referred to.

Get lynched.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Get lynched.

K. Sweet dreams.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well there is one way to verify.. The Scum team roleblocker is dead, so someone could investigate you tonight and not be blocked to determine alignment.

Just.. Gah I don't know. It's 330 and I need sleep

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Get lynched.

And she's something that exists and is round-table aligned. She gave you your kingdom, you jackass.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Well there is one way to verify.. The Scum team roleblocker is dead, so someone could investigate you tonight and not be blocked to determine alignment.

Yeah, that's why I was curious about my action failing. Did I get jailed, or what?

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Unless by last ditch ploy you meant my claim, not the Arthur flavorclaim (which is still a bold move if he's not scum).

I hadn't counted up the votes and I thought I was getting close. Definitely feels like I'm on my way out regardless, but I want to arm town with everything I can.

Sorry I should have been clearer I did mean you, but I do wonder why Infi felt the need to role claim when he was not in any danger.

Lady of the lake, very Authrian but not in the film other then a mention. But we do have claims just as strange like Kush and the swallows. Cant think of anyone who would be a good fit for doctor/protection, maybe robin or his minstrels so lady of the lake fits as well as any other.

'Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.'

So I think your fate is with the masses.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

You're missing the point.

Nobody knows TT's alignment because he was janitored. Hell, in most games, even the scum don't get that information when they janitor someone. It's part of the trade-off between "deny town valuable information" and "gain information from a cardflip".

Arbitrarily declaring that TT was town is a slip because, barring an investigation, there's no way for PMach to know TT's alignment as town. Scum know who their scumbuddies are, which means they can confidently say someone is town: The someone isn't on their scum team, and if the someone is third-party, they're not going to go "AHA, HE'S TOTALLY LYING, I'M ACTUALLY THIRD PARTY, GOTCHA SCUMBO" because then the someone gets a bigger target on them.

Does that make more sense?

Ah sorry I misunderstood did not realise Janitor was lingo though he meant he had been removed by admin or somthing my bad.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm not sure how big of a scum slip that is if we're being honest though, sure its not technically safe to call any NK's town for certain but its definitely the most likely outcome.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##unvote

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Yeah, that's why I was curious about my action failing. Did I get jailed, or what?
I shot a blackmailer

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rascyc posted:

I shot a blackmailer

Right, good shot.

I'll ##unvote myself, I guess.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

I mean if PM is not just saying "whatever lynch me," he's saying "whatever lynch me because my heart is not really in this anyway and I don't want to play." The former sounds like something he might say if he were trying to stop the bandwagon; the latter is more plausible and a reasonable explanation for a self-lynch vote. Ugh I JUST DON'T KNOW. :bahgawd:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Right, good shot.

I'll ##unvote myself, I guess.

And now he unvoted himself, adding to my confusion. REVEAL YOURSELF PM.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

tpink posted:

And now he unvoted himself, adding to my confusion. REVEAL YOURSELF PM.

I've already claimed Lady of the Lake, a doctor. This puts town in an odd spot because if I don't get lynched today, scum would have a decent reason not to nightkill the goddamn doctor as there's a great case against me that they can continue to push in future days. If there's a chance we can nail scum instead, we should. If momentum against me gets going again, I'll hammer myself.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And like Inf said, a cop can investigate me overnight to reveal the truth :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Yeah poo poo I wish you hadn't revealed yourself now unless there is more than one doctor and we get a conga line going.

• Locked thread