Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
But like I said, looking at the people driving lynches against the (Y)PMs arms town with solid leads and information, which is more useful than a shot in the dark to protect somebody who may or may not be town, from maybe or maybe not getting killed. If there's a town or a 3p NK that launches against scum I accidentally protected, welp.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Ras, can you take a look at Ganny and tell me what you think?
Not much to look at, I could paint that person as scum pretty easily.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Propaganda Machine posted:

But like I said, looking at the people driving lynches against the (Y)PMs arms town with solid leads and information, which is more useful than a shot in the dark to protect somebody who may or may not be town, from maybe or maybe not getting killed. If there's a town or a 3p NK that launches against scum I accidentally protected, welp.
It's really not all that helpful. A doctor would be more useful than flipping you and deciding who is the scum on the vote.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote azuth I'm going to go back to this and just stand with Kash on this one.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
By the Champ's calculations we need to lynch someone in 5 hours. It may be time to step in the ring with someone

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rascyc posted:

##vote azuth I'm going to go back to this and just stand with Kash on this one.

Is there a way to see the latest vote counts, or is this something that just regularly gets updated by the mod?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The last votecount is two pages back. Right now I have 4, Azuth has 2, and a bunch of people have 1 each.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait, no, I have 5.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
Ok might not get to post again by the deadline, not sure if PM is pulling some amazing tripple bluff with the role reveal and the self vote, but I am not inclined to vote for him. still suspicious that one of the gbs guys is scum and I don't have enough to single out Azuth. So unless we can find a good reason to vote for someone quick think I may be abstaining.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Can we get an updated vote count?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote PM Good case, also there is no Lady of the Lake. Also also she didn't give Arthur his kingdom, just the sword. What's wrong, didn't you read what your actual fakeclaim was? Or did you just not get given one?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote PM Good case, also there is no Lady of the Lake. Also also she didn't give Arthur his kingdom, just the sword. What's wrong, didn't you read what your actual fakeclaim was? Or did you just not get given one?

There were no swallows in the movie either :ssh:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yes, but swallows are a running joke throughout the entire thing. The Lady is mentioned once.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Friction.123 posted:

Can we get an updated vote count?

Votecount for Day 2

Propaganda Machine (7): King Burgundy, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Rascyc, Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, Propaganda Machine, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Rascyc, Propaganda Machine, SirSamVimes
Azuth0667 (3): Rascyc, Rascyc, Kashuno, Friction.123, Rascyc
Infinitum (2): Kashuno, Friction.123, King Burgundy, Kashuno, Propaganda Machine, Friction.123, King Burgundy, gannyGrabber, Jimson, Propaganda Machine
gannyGrabber (1): Rarity
TheDonPeters (1): SirSamVimes, Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, Infinitum, gannyGrabber, Infinitum, Rascyc, Shadow0, Shadow0, Khris Kruel, GulagDolls, SirSamVimes, GulagDolls, Rascyc, Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, gannyGrabber
Jimson (1): White Noise Marine
King Burgundy (0): Jimson, Jimson
Mayor Glowku (0): Friction.123, Friction.123, TheDonPeters, TheDonPeters
GulagDolls (0): Friction.123, Friction.123
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Rarity (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Friction.123 (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (6): Azuth0667, tpink, Shadow0, TheDonPeters, Propaganda Machine, somebody else, still trying to figure out who

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'd rather no lynch than kill an uncountered doctor claim

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I doubt the doctor claim, because it doesn't make sense with his flavour claim at all. I think he's just saying whatever he thinks will stop him getting thrown off the tower.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I doubt the doctor claim, because it doesn't make sense with his flavour claim at all. I think he's just saying whatever he thinks will stop him getting thrown off the tower.

Basically, this.

Doctor's a pretty good fakeclaim to buy another day. People are really really hesitant to lynch a claimed one, your results are completely falsifiable, and the fact that kills still happen mean you just didn't pick right.

The fact that he didn't claim being roleblocked until after Podima flipped is also a little bit damning.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is flavor heavily tied to role?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Rascyc posted:

I'd rather no lynch than kill an uncountered doctor claim

Counterclaiming the doctor is incredibly dumb for everybody.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Also can masons also be scum?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Azuth0667 posted:

I mean in my case my flavor matches my action flavor but I don't think necessarily role. When I think someone who kills other people in holy grail, Lancelot is not what springs immediately to mind nor would I think it'd probably pass muster had I not killed a scum

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azuth0667 posted:

Sometimes. Depends on the game, the role, and the strength of the flavor.

Azuth0667 posted:

If your moderator doesn't explicitly say "You are confirmed masons with <person>", you can potentially have a scum mason.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Counterclaiming the doctor is incredibly dumb for everybody.
I'd trade a doctor for a guaranteed scum hit on any day, in any game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I assume flavour is tied to role by the OP's statement of a flavour heavy game. It also makes sense with what we know of roles. Tentatively (seeing as we haven't seen them flip) God smites, Lancelot stabs and definitely (because we HAVE seen a flip) that castle full of ladies roleblocks because they occupy you for the night.

Also masons can be scum, though I've never seen BOTH members of a mason group be scum. Most mason groups are "unconfirmed" which means that they don't know whether each other are town. Sometimes you get "confirmed" masons which are informed in their role PM that they know each other are town.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Azuth0667 posted:

We are both unconfirmed masons so yes, this is possible.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rascyc posted:

I mean in my case my flavor matches my action flavor but I don't think necessarily role. When I think someone who kills other people in holy grail, Lancelot is not what springs immediately to mind nor would I think it'd probably pass muster had I not killed a scum

Don't you remember Lancelot carving up the castle when he rescued Prince Herbert?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He's the stabbiest knight in the movie.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I am really not the strongest monty pythoner, when I think stabbing I think of the Black/Green Knight scene

I haven't seen the movie in like 20 years actually come to think of it

Regardless I'm mostly ignoring flavor stuff personally

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

We are both unconfirmed masons so yes, this is possible.

There are three of you: Khris Kruel, you, and Kashuno. That has been revealed in the thread. Khris Kruel killed a scum and helped us hammer a shitposter so I don't think he is bad. Kashuno joined us in posting so that's a good vibe at least. You seem to be well reasoned and not faffing about.

That leads me to believe you are all town friendly.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
He shot a 3p, not a scum.

Only I was great enough to stab a scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Azuth0667 posted:

There are three of you: Khris Kruel, you, and Kashuno. That has been revealed in the thread. Khris Kruel killed a scum and helped us hammer a shitposter so I don't think he is bad. Kashuno joined us in posting so that's a good vibe at least. You seem to be well reasoned and not faffing about.

That leads me to believe you are all town friendly.

Khris wasn't one of the initial masons though, Kash and I are the only two whose role is just mason. KK is some kind of dayvig in addition to being part of the masonry.

Its not a huge point but its better if no one gets confused.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kris killed a third party player. That is just as much a benefit to the scumteam as it is the town.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Re-thinking about it, KK shooting someone to force the immediate lynch would be the height of scumminess had he shot a town instead of 3p.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
How's KK been in the mason doc? How would you characterize it

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

How's KK been in the mason doc? How would you characterize it

He and I have some back and forth that has been productive, I'm just slightly weirded out by his disappearance from the thread.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I would take a trip to Narnia on the head of KK at this point having thought about it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

there's a lot of people who aren't here right now so even if cc'ing doc was something a townie would necessarily always do, i don't give a frick!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
ya rough deadline, probably gonna be a no lynch regardless

think I'll go play some JAY R P GEES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
ah gently caress it

YOLO