Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think I labelled it all correctly

(right click+open image in new tab)

Where's the storage and charging space for the Commando's sick-nasty triple-coil RDA drip setup running on a custom box mod with 414 amps of continuous power and double that in pulse for pumping fat rips and thick clouds?

e: I think I just had a stroke

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 11, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Why no air hose to the cod piece?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I did the math based on the average wages of employees per studio and they've spent like 30 million dollars of their 95 million dollar budget, not accounting for the motion capture/voice acting (which is completely out of my area of expertise). I couldn't be less concerned with their finances.

As for their stability in massive settings, speculation is pointless until they actually show it off (which is supposed to be in 2 weeks, right?)

Lol

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wafflz posted:

I've seen other devs "re-release" a game to clear their steam reviews. The problem with this for LoD is that it has to be a decent game when it comes back out otherwise it will just get poo poo on again.

Regardless of whether its a decent game, the question is whether r/dereksmart has the motivation to continue the holy war long after Star Citizen has been gutted in front of their eyes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Toops posted:

Nobody would deny that CIG has great artists. It's all they've ever been good at.

Question is, what the gently caress is all that for? Where's the game dudes?

I dunno. I mean I hear this a lot in the thread, but I can't really see it

What I see is very skilled artists who do soulless assets for a piece of poo poo game with piece of poo poo aesthetic. Not really what makes an artist great imo, but then again I'm no great arbiter of that kinda thing :shrug:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

I didn't realize that Elite: Dangerous was dead!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4e9nd0/hope_cig_can_take_some_cues_from_eds_demise/

I've been busy working at work, not jerkin my gherkin like usual, I apologize if I Archerized this from someone.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Decrepus posted:

The ammo is already inside the gun, it is a block of lead that has a piece shaved off about the size of a grain of sand, which is then accelerated to a very very high velocity. It is called the Physical Force.

Someone read Old Man's War.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Regardless of whether its a decent game, the question is whether r/dereksmart has the motivation to continue the holy war long after Star Citizen has been gutted in front of their eyes.

I imagine the dissatisfaction will remain, as I just checked the page and a ton of the reviews came before the whole SC thing started (which was maybe fall of last year? I don't really know). Apparently something happened around the middle of March 2015, because a lot of people played the game and didn't like it.

I would love to read some Star Citizen Steam reviews, but that'll never happen I suppose.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.
Why do space suits 900 years into the future look so complex and uncomfortable full of weird gadgets? Why is there a dick-port? If you need a dick port, what about number two?
Why does Mark Hamill carry his gun by his knee way outside his hands reach? Where do space fighter pilots need guns? They gonna open up the cockpit and take potshots at enemy fighters flying by?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Lowtax got another baby btw

Be another while before his SC stream I guess

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Give him the Dali 'stache.

Or a sombrero.

Or a clown wig.

He also looks like Genesis P-Orridge.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Iglocska posted:

No loving way, I thought these people only existed as South park characters!

It gets better (worse). He's also a Space Marshal ($5000+) who managed to get himself banned from the RSI forums.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Dr_Satan

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Truga posted:

The respond to my post about CIG exploiting addicted people was, as expected, :capitalism:

lmao

what's the opposite of alcoholics anonymous? where you get into groups and convince each other that you're all fine, and anyone who says "maybe I should cut back" is lambasted until they change their mind?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Croberts can be a bit long-winded and rambling in his answers so I took one of the recent 10 for the chairman episodes and edited it down to more clearly communicate the meat of his answers. Fly angry, commandos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmboss0kD2A

This was incredible and I hope I see more of them. How can you have such lovely answers for pre-screened questions?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

:golfclap:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i would play this game

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wafflz posted:

i would play this game

Pretty much Saints Row 4, isn't it?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

caughtup.gif

I take it nothing :gary:-worthy happened during that Wing Commander Livestream.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
did beet wagon really have a stroke :ohdear:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SirPhoebos posted:

caughtup.gif

I take it nothing :gary:-worthy happened during that Wing Commander Livestream.

Not during the one hundred and eight seconds of it I stomached

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

quote:

which not only have personal attacks, external attack links, entire essays attacking me – and NOTHING about the game.”

i thought this quote was about dereks blog. lmao. the irony hurts so bad.

the brown sea wins.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
"I felt I have gotten for my money already doing Arena command play and PU/hangar play witch in my eyes compares to around 2-3 Triple AAA PC titles"

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326296/time-to-say-hello-for-real

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

runsamok posted:

I didn't realize that Elite: Dangerous was dead!

I jumped into Cubeo last night and Haley Joel Osment interdicted me to tell me the game has been dead this entire time

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Mirificus posted:

"I felt I have gotten for my money already doing Arena command play and PU/hangar play witch in my eyes compares to around 2-3 Triple AAA PC titles"

My god... that means Star Citizen is already up to a AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA game... when will it end?!!?!?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326326

quote:

COMMUNITY MANAGER'S LOG. 2016. Week 15. On the Road to Persistence.

More and more visitors! I came to work this morning and saw Tony Z. returned from Austin, and this time he brought Chris Smith and Josh Coons with him. Josh wasn't here for 5 minutes before I asked him about the Herald. We're going to pull it up and record a Ship Shape later this week for next week's show. It's not done, not by any measure, but it'll still be a neat look at process I expect many of you will enjoy. As for Chris, I'll see if we can't sit him down for an interview before he leaves and get the update on what he's working on.

As for everyone else: all roads seemingly lead to 2.4. Folks are doing their best to get their new content and features ready before the 2.4 cutoff date. Everyone is excited to show you what they've been working on, and while whatever isn't ready for 2.4 will make it into 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, etc... they're all just as anxious for you to have it in your hands as you are. It's always an exciting time in game development when you get to push new content and features to your players.

This weekend was the 25th Anniversary of Wing Commander: Secret Missions 2 and we had another livestream to boot. It was pretty fun, and if you've never seen a pair of tongs float invisibly through the air: then you missed out.

As for Community, it's a pretty standard week (which is nice to have from time to time.) The Monthly Report is behind us once more, and nobody suffered any lasting effects (although Tyler may be asking, "WHAT DID WE DO THIS MONTH?!?" for a few days, yet. =oP

This week's ATV brings us another Loremakers Guide this time featuring Lead Writer Dave Haddock, the possibility of another episode of Which Glitch, and if things work out as I hope: maybe even an in-depth interview with Brian Chambers. He's worried the two of us in the same place might be too much for any one Citizen to handle, so we're gonna try to do it over Skype for everyone's safety.

THE COMM-LINK SCHEDULE

Monday, April 11th
- [1500 PDT / 2200 UTC] 10 for the Chairman: Episode 82 - https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/

Tuesday, April 12th
- Vault Update
- Lore Post

Wednesday, April 13th
- Jump Point Rerun

Thursday, April 14th
- [1200 PDT / 1900 UTC] Around the Verse: Episode 2.27 - https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/

Friday, April 15th
- [1100 PDT / 1800 UTC] Reverse the Verse: The Community Team's Weekly Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity
- March Monthly Report

Croberts day :toot:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
e;fb!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Pretty much Saints Row 4, isn't it?

yes, a good game

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ten for the chairman and the monthly report should be a goldmine.

:toot:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

did beet wagon really have a stroke :ohdear:

I started googling stupid vape poo poo for a dumb joke and then I couldn't see out of one eye for a while. But I think I'm okay now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Man's Sky has every feature that Star Citizen has, it's being made by a team of like 12 people, and it comes out in two months: http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/11/no-mans-sky-21-minutes-of-new-gameplay-ign-first

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

darkarchon posted:

Scalzi nicked it from someplace else. Mass-as-ammo has been around since before Banks.

But...but...but all the customers...

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

quote:

As for everyone else: all roads seemingly lead to 2.4

Hmm Lando. Coded message? Accidental truth?

:tinfoil:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

No Man's Sky has every feature that Star Citizen has, it's being made by a team of like 12 people, and it comes out in two months: http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/11/no-mans-sky-21-minutes-of-new-gameplay-ign-first

Birds at 30s, NMS confirmed better than SC

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I said come in! posted:

And a distinct and focused art direction that helps it stand apart. Which Star Citizen doesn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

darkarchon posted:

And Mass Effect!

• Locked thread