Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

b0red posted:

Since you still have time to make it to the beer store. What is everyone's choice of drink tonight? Got a growler of dead guy ale for such an occasion :cheers:

I've got homemade gin to use as my estus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh does anyone know how rolling/equip load works this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhhB1dRPbwk

Specifically the break points are at 70% for fat rolls, everything else is basically a fast roll below that, with lower range.

DeckardPain
Feb 29, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh does anyone know how rolling/equip load works this time

70%+ = Fat roll
30%- = Quick roll

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zaphod42 posted:

(DS3 is pretty hard)

Pft, DS3 is actually really easy scrub

*rolls off the first cliff*

b0red posted:

Since you still have time to make it to the beer store. What is everyone's choice of drink tonight? Got a growler of dead guy ale for such an occasion :cheers:

Bitter dark coffee.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

me irl until 3pm pst

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im drinking sweet delicious Peach tea Snapples, my favorite drink.

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

Do enemies track the player as much as they did in 2? The addition of so many tracking attacks really killed my enthusiasm for the PVE experience and I never actually finished it, despite putting hundreds of hours into its predecessors over many playthroughs.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Aurra posted:

Do enemies track the player as much as they did in 2? The addition of so many tracking attacks really killed my enthusiasm for the PVE experience and I never actually finished it, despite putting hundreds of hours into its predecessors over many playthroughs.

Listen to me. Listen
They fixed everything bad from DS2. WE killed Satan and escaped hell.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Aurra posted:

Not as much, but there is still tracking, mostly on enemies larger than humans.

E: Not to the extent of spinning 360s to hit the player though, it's much more like 1 tracking.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aurra posted:

They tracked about the same in DS2 as BB, but made the animations less stupid about it, so I'd brace yourself.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Can't wait to be all hyped up to play all-night, only to get completely stonewalled by the first boss. Its a Souls tradition in my house!

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe
I've been watching moveset videos trying to figure out which weapon to go with for my first playthrough and I think I just found it (skip to the two minute mark to see why):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOIKfqkijY

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Zaphod42 posted:

(DS3 is pretty hard)

I'm compiling a video of at least 80% of my DS3 deaths (all that successfully got recorded) and DS3 is pretty goshdarned hard the first time through, but all reasonably and understandably hard. No forehead-fingersnap instagibs like Bloodborne, when you die in DS3 you know it was all your own fault, things that look like they hurt hurt, things that look like they should only make you happy you escaped damage do like they look. They got things done right.

Basebf555 posted:

Can't wait to be all hyped up to play all-night, only to get completely stonewalled by the first boss. Its a Souls tradition in my house!

I look forward to Soulsborne firstbosses discussions once people have gone through DS3 because this one has so many great things to it

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 11, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Basebf555 posted:

You got stonewalled by the Last Giant?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I beat the Cleric Beast on my first try :B

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

b0red posted:

What is everyone's choice of drink tonight?

estus

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ah, an undead favourite.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Liquid Humanity (alcohol)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MrLonghair posted:

I'm compiling a video of at least 80% of my DS3 deaths (all that successfully got recorded) and DS3 is pretty goshdarned hard the first time through, but all reasonably and understandably hard. No forehead-fingersnap instagibs like Bloodborne, when you die in DS3 you know it was all your own fault, things that look like they hurt hurt, things that look like they should only make you happy you escaped damage do like they look. They got things done right.

I look forward to Soulsborne firstbosses discussions once people have gone through DS3 because this one has so many great things to it

Yeah I like the balance of the part of DS3 I've already played (the first 30% roughly? Been too busy and wanted to save most of it for the real release)

DS1 was rough as my first, but all souls games after it have been pretty easy and smooth sailing since. DeS had some hiccups but was otherwise easy, DS2 was very easy until SOTFS and then I already knew it too well, BB was the closest in that the first few zones rocked me a good bit, but then I got a feel for it and ended up beating more bosses in BB the first try than any other souls game yet.

DS3 seems proper hard even with all my souls experience, which is exactly what I want! While at the same time being fair, as it should be, like you said.

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
3 1/2 hours to go at work, bought the game on steam, have steam link, still thinking about buying it on ps4 just to avoid the latency, am I crazy?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

GannerOne
Feb 25, 2014
So... regular or digital deluxe edition (apparently includes season pass)?
If season pass means that I'll get all big DLCs it's a pretty okay deal, right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So has there been any word on returning softban or any other kind of anti-cheat?

Also after utterly failing to be engrossed in Bloodborne I'm pretty excited to have a new souls game and I hope they didn't take too much from Bloodborne.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

GannerOne posted:

souls DLCs are usually (always?) the best content in the game, so definitely get it if its even somewhat of a discount

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I don't know about not taking too much from Bloodborne, cannon is still OP and I've been popping bosses left and right with my spear that turns into a rifle.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Hey everybody, is this the place to foam at the mouth until the game unlocks tonight?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Trudis posted:

Hey everybody, is this the place to foam at the mouth until the game unlocks tonight?

the best place is at best buy, in line to buy your new PC so you can play in an hour

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Trudis posted:

GRLRLLRLGGUUGLL

("22 minutes to go according to my PS4 countdown timer")

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

GannerOne posted:

Souls DLCs are notoriously good but it'll take a while for them to come out so you could wait to spend the money before the first one comes out if it's a concern, or pay everything now and never worry about buying DS3 related stuff later

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Literally everybody is going to doing SIK DRIFTS oval office with the Farron Greatsword and instead here I am with the Wolf Knight's Greatsword just doing the classic Artorias moves. It's sad when people forget the good oldies in place of the new hotness.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

You got stonewalled by the Last Giant?

My Warrior was until I googled up agility :v: I didn't even raise my I-frames for him, just the mere knowledge changed loving everything. Even for someone like me who isn't exactly "Good" at dodging, it made more than enough difference.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Gologle posted:

Literally everybody is going to doing SIK DRIFTS oval office with the Farron Greatsword and instead here I am with the Wolf Knight's Greatsword just doing the classic Artorias moves. It's sad when people forget the good oldies in place of the new hotness.

I expect the first pvp meta to evolve will be whatever hard counters the farron greatsword

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
It's my birthday and my friend gave me season pass and an extra copy because he knew I wanted to give it to someone else too. :allears: Of course that guy won't have the preload done in time, but I look forward to forming the ultimate ganksquad.

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

I keep seeing it mentioned that there are weapons that double as sorcery catalysts to cast spells, what weapon types are they and what are they called so I can try and get a decent grasp of what I should be going for stat wise for some spellblade action

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gologle posted:

I'm going to use claymores and zweihanders and fling and pancake people all day.

Orv
May 4, 2011

panda clue posted:

I expect the first pvp meta to evolve will be whatever hard counters the farron greatsword

You can backstab someone while they're doing the spin animations if you time it right, you can also parry it with significant ease. The meta doesn't need to do poo poo.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nuebot posted:

So has there been any word on returning softban or any other kind of anti-cheat?

Whatever DS2 PC has.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Glancing at the classes, mercenary is the way to go for non int/faith quick dodgy dudes right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I also look forward to the game crashing all the time on PC for anyone who makes the mistake of not choosing the best class, as has been rumored.