Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

chaosbreather posted:

I think someone really key is leaving, that's the only reason why there'd be such a long lead and why Derek would need to sit on it.

This has to be it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=2698#post457985036 the post Derek said to bookmark about this whole ordeal

March 28 was exactly 2 weeks ago today. March 28 was when the E.L.E was announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Sunswipe posted:

Please let this turn into a siege. Croberts and wife are desperately trying to open the vault in the basement and can't because Chris changed the access code in a cocaine-fuelled fit of arm-waving. Derek Smart is crawling through the vents, muttering promises to say "Yippee-ki-ay, motherfucker" in two weeks time. The police try to break into the building with an armoured car, only to be foiled by Lando and Money rolling Ben out of a window, crushing the APC.

Derek's game getting pulled from Steam is like that smarmy business negotiator getting shot, right?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Raskolnikov posted:

( drat you Derek Smart, you can't Blog forever! )
_______________________/

Now I'm picturing him as Holly from Red Dwarf.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dementropy posted:

They're all dead Dave

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

They're all dead Dave

You're talking about the dreams, right?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

sorla78 posted:

Can you give us an abstract clue of a hint about the underlying event, like one word, nothing that would burn your source?

exodus (leavers*)
cancelation (foregone conclusion)
money/books (panic)
investigation (didn't-see-it-coming)

* E.L.E

Bingo, money shot

flyboi fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 12, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dementropy posted:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

The label says it contains Phenylalanine.

That's just a warning for phenylketonurics.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi posted:

She's going to find Chris' head awfully loving unfulfilling. It's either hollow or full of rocks.

Nonsense. It's full of coke.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Smart posted:

exodus (leavers*)
cancelation (foregone conclusion)
money/books (panic)
investigation (didn't-see-it-coming)
* E.L.E

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

It's brown trousers time.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

flyboi posted:

This has to be it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=2698#post457985036 the post Derek said to bookmark about this whole ordeal

March 28 was exactly 2 weeks ago today. March 28 was when the E.L.E was announced.

oh poo poo, this is the real deal. time to get unreasonably hyped everybody this is not a drill

:nutshot:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

orcinus posted:

Nonsense. It's full of coke.
She's going to hit the motherlode and go on a coke fuelled rampage through Santa Monica. "Attack of the dreaded Mantis Woman!"

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Mouse Management System (Part II)

TL;DR: mouse pointer moves in helmet visor space, not in screen space. This seems hilariously stupid to me, but I must not understand game development.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Derek's game getting pulled from Steam is like that smarmy business negotiator getting shot, right?

Derek pulled his own game from Steam. Apparently he was tired of dealing with troll reviews.

The article I read had a tongue in cheek dig on it though.

"Over the past month LOD has averaged .4 players."

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

such a good movie. not being sarcastic either.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Wait, he pulled LoD off Steam?

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Eldragon posted:

First Person who correctly names the buyout company gets mailed a Goonrathi patch, pin, and SC deck of cards.

Oh god, the irony of Frontier buying it would be so delicious. It will probably be someone universally hated, like EA

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

boviscopophobic posted:

TL;DR: mouse pointer moves in helmet visor space, not in screen space. This seems hilariously stupid to me, but I must not understand game development.

Okay, wow, now I REALLY don't understand game development

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

SerCypher posted:

Derek pulled his own game from Steam. Apparently he was tired of dealing with troll reviews.

Oh yeah for sure. I guess the way I saw it was SC backers who are all lovely and dumb trolled the game off of steam, which is kind of a win for CR and SC sort of, and since they're both the bad guy in the scenario. IT MADE SENSE IN MY HEAD god drat.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

A video approaches.
Not much time to play tonight, but some fun was had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfQvQai_fc

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

http://mmofallout.com/line-of-defense-leaving-steam/

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah I guess the game got like vote-bombed or something and people were just filling the comments section with personal attacks. I guess they didn't notice that the game wasn't titled "Derek Smart's Line of Defense" and just went all in on making GBS threads on the work of many people to spite the one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gearbox Software to pick up Star Citizen

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

boviscopophobic posted:

Yep, and the resulting maxi-pad shaped bounding box of the vjoy also scales with resolution. The resulting horrid state of mouse's ability to use fixed weapons is also the prime mover for the hosed up flight model and retarded controls implementations across the board.

tl;dr: BDSSE!!11

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-8996-Vjoy_implementation_is_bugged

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Goobs posted:

such a good movie. not being sarcastic either.

I talked myself out of going to see it again today. That would have been #3.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

SpunkyRedKnight posted:

Croberts can be a bit long-winded and rambling in his answers so I took one of the recent 10 for the chairman episodes and edited it down to more clearly communicate the meat of his answers. Fly angry, commandos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmboss0kD2A

More of this! Very funny.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Zynga will buy Star Citizen. It will still be pay to win, but now all the ships will actually be in the game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Yeah I guess the game got like vote-bombed or something and people were just filling the comments section with personal attacks. I guess they didn't notice that the game wasn't titled "Derek Smart's Line of Defense" and just went all in on making GBS threads on the work of many people to spite the one.

it's the carefully-planned, logical and compassionate thinking of many internet campaigns that i really adore

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Thoatse posted:

Yep, and the resulting maxi-pad shaped bounding box of the vjoy also scales with resolution. The resulting horrid state of mouse's ability to use fixed weapons is also the prime mover for the hosed up flight model and retarded controls implementations across the board.

tl;dr: BDSSE!!11

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-8996-Vjoy_implementation_is_bugged

Is this loving real life. What is wrong with these people!?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The LoD thing is bad but that mouse cursor thing is hilarious, I feel so confused right now

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

That was probably my favorite part of that video, a loving space ship cherry tapping a dude to death.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This is awseome

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
pgabz is the commando we need. o9

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I don't want an actual E.L.E. as I don't want this train wreck to ever end.

Still hyped.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

boviscopophobic posted:

I think that's a consequence of using Scaleform, combined with the fact they distort the UI to simulate the visor shape.

Which, by the way, is daft as gently caress, because WHY would the HUD be projected curved/distorted instead of corrected for the curvature of the visor and harder to read?!
WTF? Who's the bright mind that thought that makes RL sense?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SerCypher posted:

It's just noise.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/365163686074597249/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Anyone else getting these? It keeps timing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

orcinus posted:

I think that's a consequence of using Scaleform, combined with the fact they distort the UI to simulate the visor shape.

Which, by the way, is daft as gently caress, because WHY would the HUD be projected curved/distorted instead of corrected for the curvature of the visor and harder to read?!
WTF? Who's the bright mind that thought that makes RL sense?

You clearly don't know anything about game development.

• Locked thread