Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

a lot of people are having that feel when no gf, apparently.

Also I got a bomb as gently caress hex version of fire snake, as well as a move where I throwup a boulder and flatten whatever it hits, v good for slow fatties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish posted:

i did it super easily by accident, come on

I got it immediately after posting that and now I can do it about 50% of the time

it's one of Those Things

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

RBA Starblade posted:

It's hooked directly to the pc through a hdmi cable, but it's meant to work with the PS4, not the pc. I didn't expect it to do great and I'm not that bothered it didn't, since DS2 did dismally, I just thought it was funny. I'm mostly just going to play on PC regardless.

Input lag is input lag, PS4 or PC should have no effect on that. Unless the settings are different between inputs (very possible).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I got it immediately after posting that and now I can do it about 50% of the time

it's one of Those Things

Yea it's finicky, but boy is it worth it!

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh no.

...Oh no. :ohdear:

Firelink Shrine (early?) character spoilers: :ohdear:

Like all things in this cursed kingdom, when something fades away, a new thing will arise to take it's place. You helped the person out, and it you, no need to be ashamed of your actions, Champion.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Fashion Souls is back. Post your amazing outfits from the spring collection.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

this moundmaker dude helped me get through the entire swamp so at the end i walked up to him, collapsed, and let him kill me. good job, phantom dude :)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what does hollowing do in this game anyway? Like, what are the side effects of dying after you get the mark, and accumulating more of them?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

a lot of people are having that feel when no gf, apparently.

Also I got a bomb as gently caress hex version of fire snake, as well as a move where I throwup a boulder and flatten whatever it hits, v good for slow fatties

I have 20 Goods on a message that says "You don't deserve this..." Next to Crestfallen 4.0

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Anybody having serious connection issues on Xbox One? Trying to piece together if problems are on my end or what.

...anybody on Xbox One at all?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I need a quick hint on where to find a doll. Nothing too specific.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Irithyll is the most gorgeous zone in any game, ever. I also managed to find Smouldering Lake all by myself, can't wait to see what crazy things are down here.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Fister Roboto posted:

Cathedral. Deep.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Fister Roboto posted:

You need a Deep Deaconing.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Could someone tell me where to go from Firelink shrine? I can't find anything but the tower, which needs 20k should fit the key. :negative:

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I keep seeing ghosts and bloodstain-phantoms wearing a brimmed hat of some sort. How do I get one?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gologle posted:

Cathedral. Deep.

Wait where the gently caress is this.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

pthighs posted:

Could someone tell me where to go from Firelink shrine? I can't find anything but the tower, which needs 20k should fit the key. :negative:

You gotta teleport from the bonfire

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pthighs posted:

Stab the circle in front of the firekeeper lady, it turns into a bonfire, then you can warp from it to the first zone you need to go to.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

pthighs posted:

You have to sit at the bonfire and teleport out. I had the same problem.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So, uh, I seem to have used my fancy fire sword to accidentally light a church on fire.

Did I screw myself out of any optional poo poo by doing that?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

pthighs posted:

Use the bonfire to teleport.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

pthighs posted:

Rest at the bonfire and see where it takes you.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
My god, I don't think I ever would have figured that out. Thanks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Fister Roboto posted:

Wait where the gently caress is this.

A Keep. Past a mage.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

How do I remove something from a storage box? For the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'll settle for controller controls and will translate it, though I am on keyboard an dmouse.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Holy crap mound makers is my favorite covenant. I just killed a guy who summoned me during an invasion by kiting a bunch of enemies to him while he was honourably pvping an invader.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gologle posted:

A Keep. Past a mage.

What mage? How many loving zones have I skipped? After beating the Abyss Watchers I went straight to the Cataco- oh my god

DARK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOULS

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh no.

...Oh no. :ohdear:

Firelink Shrine (early?) character spoilers: I think I took too many free levels. :ohdear:

I have the opposite problem

I didn't take any of his free levels because it sounded shady as heck, and now he appears to have, uh, died.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

What mage? How many loving zones have I skipped? After beating the Abyss Watchers I went straight to the Cataco- oh my god

DARK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOULS

there's a boss in the road of sacrifices, you want to go past it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jesus Christ, no wonder I've been getting my rear end kicked in the Demon Ruins.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Apparently From Software really likes Ernest Scared Stupid

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I just realized after 5 hours that kick now actually sets up shielding enemies for riposte. I was wondering why the there was a huge delay when using on normal enemies, making it hard to combo anything off it.

Anyone else having trouble pulling off the kick, by the way? It seems really finicky for such a simple input. I keep accidentally doing a normal attack on a shielding Lothric knight who proceeds to wreck me.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Yardbomb posted:

So does this game just desperately hate controllers. It wouldn't take my DS4 natively, I turned on DS4windows with the game already on and replugged and it didn't take that, X'd the game and redid my DS4windows and didn't want it then afterwards either.

Close everything, boot up DS4windows, go to settings, check the box "hide ds4 controller". Start the game

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cicadalek posted:

I have the opposite problem

I didn't take any of his free levels because it sounded shady as heck, and now he appears to have, uh, died.

I took one and he went down. There must be a progression trigger?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Might be beating the Abyss Watchers, thats when it seemed to happen for me.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, I noticed these rad fist weapons showed up at the boss soul guy, but I never actually got the soul for them, so it's kind of weird that they popped up.

It's the demon fist. It seems rad as heck, does that demon I beat with Onion Knight Mk 2 respawn? Is the soul a random chance drop? I assume I'll have an opportunity to get it later as well

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Nalesh posted:

How the gently caress do I dickwraith in this, every loving invasion I try is at least two knights twohanding that loving op as hell longsword

It's a real loving bummer. Did anyone confirm that upgrading your weapons affects matchmaking?

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Crooked Warden posted:

It's a real loving bummer. Did anyone confirm that upgrading your weapons affects matchmaking?

Yeah, the tiers are 1-3,4-6,7-9 and 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I've found the Rapier to be just as monstrous as ever, both in PvE and PvP. It has some fun tricks with its stance as well, although it does appear to lose the kick for some sort of weird feint-dodge thing, which means a backup weapon for shield users is probably a smart idea since, far as I can tell, it can't guard break.