Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Electric Lady posted:

I swear they talk about Tauros steaks in that S.S. Anne episode.

That would be against pokemon usage guidelines.

I recall Brock making tons of fruit sandwiches and filled rice balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

dirk stows update: first boss went down like a chump from my Pyromancer just casting fireball. This game so ez, I dunno why so many people say it's hard.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

dirk stows update: first boss went down like a chump from my Pyromancer just casting fireball. This game so ez, I dunno why so many people say it's hard.
Git bad scrub

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

exquisite tea posted:

I hope you get ganked and invaded.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The third boss will kill you

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
R&C2's new game + mode rocked my world back in the day: when you beat the game you can not only start over with all the experience and upgrades but it doubles the number of upgrades you can get for each weapon and adds a new combo system where you get a multiplier to your money earned based on how many kills you get without taking damage. Some of the quadruple-leveled guns were absolutely ridiculous with how powerful they got and how many projectiles and explosives would be flying around.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (Japanese: ラチェット&クランク2:ガガガ!銀河のコマンドっす Rachetto & Kuranku 2: GaGaGa! Ginga no Komandossu lit. Ratchet & Clank 2: BangBangBang! Commandos of the Galaxy)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why does Stardew Valley have combat.

That's so weird.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Install the mod that makes everything die in one hit. It makes the game so much better.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
darg souls is so hard *doesnt dodge or use shield*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shields are for babies

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Blue Sentinel mechanic actually works in this game :eyepop:

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Dark Souls isn't all that hard, its difficulty is overblown. It's just more similar to older games in that patience and preparation are rewarded to a very high degree.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lurdiak posted:

Why does Stardew Valley have combat.

That's so weird.
Harvest Moon games added combat like a decade ago. It's weird, I know.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

Dark Souls isn't all that hard, its difficulty is overblown. It's just more similar to older games in that patience and preparation are rewarded to a very high degree.

Old games were more about throwing yourself at the problem until one of your brute force attempts worked.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So i figured out that you can summon Moundmakers to setup three way fights :getin:

The first time I summoned two purple ghosts at once they pretended to help me clear through a level. We were killing the enemies with confidence, but each player was careful about letting another player walk up towards their backside, especially when they were around half health. Eventually we were fighting one of those magic grannies on a small platform and one of the phantoms got hit enough to lower their health to a third, which made the other phantom start swinging everywhere trying to finish the other off.

Everybody drops down from the platform and a full on three way is underway in a small building just past grandma's alley. We were too busy fighting each other that we didn't notice that granny was still alive and followed us into the house. Granny does her wide mace attacks and kills both phantoms at once and leaves me with a tiny notch of health and enough luck to finish her off.

It was at that moment I realized there's no reward for killing purple phantoms :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Old games were more about throwing yourself at the problem until one of your brute force attempts worked.

Or memorizing the stage.

Broseph Brostar posted:

So i figured out that you can summon Moundmakers to setup three way fights :getin:

The first time I summoned two purple ghosts at once they pretended to help me clear through a level. We were killing the enemies with confidence, but each player was careful about letting another player walk up towards their backside, especially when they were around half health. Eventually we were fighting one of those magic grannies on a small platform and one of the phantoms got hit enough to lower their health to a third, which made the other phantom start swinging everywhere trying to finish the other off.

Everybody drops down from the platform and a full on three way is underway in a small building just past grandma's alley. We were too busy fighting each other that we didn't notice that granny was still alive and followed us into the house. Granny does her wide mace attacks and kills both phantoms at once and leaves me with a tiny notch of health and enough luck to finish her off.

It was at that moment I realized there's no reward for killing purple phantoms :v:

Are you talking about Pac-man?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Golden Goat posted:

sounds pretty much like dark souls to me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Quest For Glory II posted:

i never watched pokemon because it helped contribute to Freakazoid's cancellation and i have held a grudge against it ever since

Wait is this actually true because gently caress everything if so

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it good? I don't have a PS4.

If you like the first Ratchet and Clank you'll like this one

because it's basically the first game but with updated mechanics

It was certainly worth the 40 dollars, which is weird but I guess it's a movie tie-in?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

Harvest Moon games added combat like a decade ago. It's weird, I know.

Rune Factory was good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Freakazoid was cancelled for a pretty obvious reason

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If you say what I think you're going to say then you and my childhood self can no longer be friends :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Anime becoming big in the west loving killed the Wacky Tiny Toons dudes and all their output.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nothing sinister happened with Freakazoid, you just couldn't make a successful cartoon with jokes written for adults back then, especially on a sunday morning cartoon block.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If somebody got sucked into the Internet nowadays they wouldn't come back out a quirky superhero.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Broseph Brostar posted:

Nothing sinister happened with Freakazoid, you just couldn't make a successful cartoon with jokes written for adults back then, especially on a sunday morning cartoon block.

pretty sure it was always for kids :shrug:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

A cartoon about an autistic tvtroper superhero would be pretty great

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Ehh, I'd say that has more to do with those games being lovely rather than just old. I always go back to Castlevania (which to be fair had plenty of cheap poo poo that needed to be memorized, as does Dark Souls). In Castlevania the thing that allowed me to get through the tougher sections were learning enemy and boss patterns like the back of my hand, being patient and taking my time, and becoming intimately familiar with my character's hitboxes, ranges, speed, etc. All of these aspects are mimiced in the Souls games, and I believe it's what contributes to making those games so great. In a time where a lot of games seem like they make your character better at the game rather than you as a player. Souls forces you as the player to improve, there is no workaround, there is no elemental buff or giant AOE spell that will flip the game on it's head and make it a walk in the park. Also, the aspects of my play that the Souls games have improved can be transitioned over to other genres like fighting games. Seeing one game appreciably increase my skills in another is a magical thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FanaticalMilk posted:

Ehh, I'd say that has more to do with those games being lovely rather than just old. I always go back to Castlevania (which to be fair had plenty of cheap poo poo that needed to be memorized, as does Dark Souls). In Castlevania the thing that allowed me to get through the tougher sections were learning enemy and boss patterns like the back of my hand, being patient and taking my time, and becoming intimately familiar with my character's hitboxes, ranges, speed, etc. All of these aspects are mimiced in the Souls games, and I believe it's what contributes to making those games so great. In a time where a lot of games seem like they make your character better at the game rather than you as a player. Souls forces you as the player to improve, there is no workaround, there is no elemental buff or giant AOE spell that will flip the game on it's head and make it a walk in the park. Also, the aspects of my play that the Souls games have improved can be transitioned over to other genres like fighting games. Seeing one game appreciably increase my skills in another is a magical thing.

That's all very inspiring to read, tears in my gamer eyes. Bbbbut I've never played a Souls game before and I'm doing pretty well just doing full YOLO mode and I don't even know what half the things I pick up do. also how do I activate a weapon art lol.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAbaOO71PMo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

That's all very inspiring to read, tears in my gamer eyes. Bbbbut I've never played a Souls game before and I'm doing pretty well just doing full YOLO mode and I don't even know what half the things I pick up do. also how do I activate a weapon art lol.
They're not that hard. My girlfriend beat DS1 and the only other game she plays is Animal Crossing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

My girlfriend beat DS1
That's right, I finished the whole game with one hand.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Jay Rust posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Dark Souls III, I hope this is permitted

Oh no! Videogames are now ruined forever.
:qqsay:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I cannot get enough of High Quality Game Audio Rips

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Animal Crossing is basically Dark Souls anyhow

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Anybody want to see Jim Sterling's sexual fetish?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

You activate weapon arts by dual-wielding your weapon (press the Y button) and then L1 and L2 should do stuff.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, if you're good at games you shouldn't have too hard a time, but if it's like previous games there will probably one or two bosses/sections where you'll have to re-evaluate how your playing the game. Passing these personal obstacles is always super rewarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread, I've been having a really good time this April mining rocks in Eve Online. It's been so relaxing that I feel like I am lying down.

I'm not very dark soulsy. I've not gone back to Dark Souls 1 since I mentioned it in the last thread. I guess one day it will just click properly and I'll play it.

• Locked thread