Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I thought season 2 had been announced already though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mordaedil posted:

Well, it also helps that we were pointing at anime watchers and laughing at their speculation about the basement getting resolved any time soon, so we realized what a non-goal that actually is.

Actually, I think the basement is almost a metaphor for the author in how he sees if he's earned or made it somehow. You'd think he'd be happy with getting an anime, but I'm wondering if he doesn't feel like he's gotten there until season 2 of an anime starts up and then we'll have the basement reveal.

Ironically, the anime's committee is probably waiting for a reveal of the basement mystery in order to make sure the manga is actually going somewhere before they commit to season 2. There's definitely enough material for another season the same length as the first at this point.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I thought season 2 had been announced already though

Will Erwin see the basement? Wait another month before the anime starts to confirm.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Begemot posted:

Ironically, the anime's committee is probably waiting for a reveal of the basement mystery in order to make sure the manga is actually going somewhere before they commit to season 2. There's definitely enough material for another season the same length as the first at this point.

You are aware it's been in production for a while yeah? I mean you really think they're not going to put it out considering what a cash cow it's been on literally every front for them?

Asuron fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 13, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Depressingly so.

I meant no sense, it makes no sense.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

Well, it also helps that we were pointing at anime watchers and laughing at their speculation about the basement getting resolved any time soon, so we realized what a non-goal that actually is.

Actually, I think the basement is almost a metaphor for the author in how he sees if he's earned or made it somehow. You'd think he'd be happy with getting an anime, but I'm wondering if he doesn't feel like he's gotten there until season 2 of an anime starts up and then we'll have the basement reveal.

Maybe he's waiting to put together a kickstarter, to fund the final basement reveal for a billion yen.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I meant no sense, it makes no sense.

Well now you've made it retroactively funny.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What if he finds out the basement was just all in his mind?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
haven't heard that one before

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

What if he finds out the basement was just all in his mind?

Given the weird memory poo poo we've been getting into, the manga could do that and still have the basement be a vital treasure trove of information. :v:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the basement is full of papers and books detailing the history of the world and titans, with the methods to stop them

but they don't have time to read all those papers and they die escaping with a cart full of notes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In the basement is a note reading

"come visit titan village"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It just occurred to me that his house took a direct shot from a flying boulder.

It'd be ironic if the basement was totally collapsed and everything was buried and destroyed.

And by ironic I mean :suicide:

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 14, 2016

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In the basement is a note reading

"come visit titan village"

Ooh, treasure hunt would be nice.

"Somewhere hiding in a tree, you will find clue number three".

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
AoT the anime had just enough cool ideas and complex enough characters that I've watched it from beginning to current end a few times. I actually kind of give a poo poo about some of the characters and don't want them to release another series of 10 episodes that covers like one book and then disappear again for 7 years while they make the next. If I read the manga, could I skip the training corps stuff? imo Eren is the most boring loving person in the series and things get infinitely better once everyone's in the Scouting Legion and suddenly everyone is a Vietnam veteran. Would I be missing anything if I just skipped to that part?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
I wish Eren could just access his dad's memories of the basement.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

AoT the anime had just enough cool ideas and complex enough characters that I've watched it from beginning to current end a few times. I actually kind of give a poo poo about some of the characters and don't want them to release another series of 10 episodes that covers like one book and then disappear again for 7 years while they make the next. If I read the manga, could I skip the training corps stuff? imo Eren is the most boring loving person in the series and things get infinitely better once everyone's in the Scouting Legion and suddenly everyone is a Vietnam veteran. Would I be missing anything if I just skipped to that part?

Start reading at chapter 33.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Terper posted:

Start reading at chapter 33.

My recollection is fuzzy and Terper might be right but consider starting around 31 or 32 instead. Whichever one is the start of the Annie fight inside the city. The fight was extended in the anime for an end of season, surplus budget blowing extravaganza, which is cool and all but it winds up altering things which screw up the chapters immediately following it.

There''s like a few conversations during the training arc you're missing but honestly it's not that huge of a deal. Just start reading at some point around when the gang is trying to lead Annie into the tunnel and you're golden.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Down goes loving Monkey Trouble My goodness that was not how I expected that to go.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Onmi posted:

Down goes loving Monkey Trouble My goodness that was not how I expected that to go.

I don't believe you.

Also, I should haven't clicked on the spoiler, if it's true. :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Turin Turambar posted:

I don't believe you.

Then definitely don't click that spoiler.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

...The wait for this month's chapter is going to feel really long.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Turin Turambar posted:

Yeah. gently caress me.

Onmi posted:

You won't get me a second time!

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Holy poo poo. The wait feels awful now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Levi is still the most loving powerful character in this series and he doesn't even have to be a Titan to do it. He's just that good.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Onmi posted:

Then definitely don't click that spoiler.

So did Levi accidentally shank a transformed Erwin, or is he realizing that he can inject Erwin and have him eat the monkey titan shifter? The page is kind of tiny.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

change my name posted:

So did Levi accidentally shank a transformed Erwin, or is he realizing that he can inject Erwin and have him eat the monkey titan shifter? The page is kind of tiny.

The second one

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

change my name posted:

he's looking at some gadget, or thinking about it, and remembering Erwin, so yeah the former

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
This is the most carefully I have ever moved my mouse cursor across a webpage.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:holymoley:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where are you even finding these leaks. Or are you not allowed to mention that?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This seems way too soon to happen without a twist. We barely know him.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I saw another leaked panel. This looks pretty legit

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shneak posted:

This seems way too soon to happen without a twist. We barely know him.

I guess this means we don't have to. He's just a representative of a larger faction whose mindset we'll explore through other characters. Presumably, the shifter village has other senior officers in its military.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Levi is going to get owned by the mule titan before he can finish Zeke off isn't he?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

Levi is going to get owned by the mule titan before he can finish Zeke off isn't he?

http://i.imgur.com/wLQaEFC.png RIP

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

No election spoilers please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/143887195842/shingeki-no-kyojinattack-on-titan-chapter-81

Translation here.