Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

Thon Maker cleared for the draft

Check this: Mon Thaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
So what are the odds the Lakers lose their pick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tatankatonk posted:

44.2%

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

AND THAT SPELLS DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

Not high enough.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

Nick you are the best

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
If you are going to lose your pick the Lakers situation is fortunate. I am one of those who think the top tier ends at 3 with Simmons Ingram and Bender so at least they will know they won't lose out on a top guy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

He's in the first round right.

It only takes one team so someone will probably take a chance on him, but it's definitely not a consensus thing. He's much bigger name than he is a prospect

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Nooooo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

:love:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'd be happy with Murray but if the Lakers keep their pick and we get it next year in a stronger draft class that would be even better.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The 8-10 range the Kings likely end up in seems to be on the outside of the tier-2 guard prospects and right smack dab in the middle of the Skal\Henry\Chriss block of big men we don't need :(

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He's basically perfect for any team that needs some Thons made

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

this joke made me laugh embarrassingly hard

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Thon Maker: Future Laker

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh god I hope the Kings draft Thon Maker so Jerry can give him one of his stupid, goofy stupid nicknames. Big shot taker and a BIG Thon Maker with the assist from Willie Blockenstein

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh god I hope the Kings draft Thon Maker so Jerry can give him one of his stupid, goofy stupid nicknames. Big shot taker and a BIG Thon Maker with the assist from Willie Blockenstein

He'll also come up with something great for your new coach, Vincent Del Negro

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Thon looks like Kingseeker Frampt

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

EvanTH posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jim Buss is still does a lot of collegiate scouting, and paraphrasing an interview with him during Monday's Thunder game, he did think the Lakers would probably be able to get a contributor at 32, worst case scenario. He is apparently responsible for a lot of the gems the Lakers manage to pluck out of round 2 so who knows.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Check this: Mon Thaker

Thot Maker

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Jim Buss is still does a lot of collegiate scouting, and paraphrasing an interview with him during Monday's Thunder game, he did think the Lakers would probably be able to get a contributor at 32, worst case scenario. He is apparently responsible for a lot of the gems the Lakers manage to pluck out of round 2 so who knows.

Him and West the Younger seem to have developed a good eye for talent in recent years

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:cool:
https://twitter.com/thenouj/status/721056210003173377

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
For once the Kings don't come up short in the pre-draft process! Pretty much eliminates any chance of them losing their pick this year.

Raps picking 9th after a franchise record season is pretty awesome. Praise be to Andrea Bargnani and the New York Knicks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Congratulations to Rik Blauskas, the 8th pick in the draft and newest fire thrower for the Sacramento Kings

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does that mean bulls get the 17 pick and Sixers get the 2019 pick?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Does that mean bulls get the 17 pick and Sixers get the 2019 pick?

It's top 10 protected next year as well and extinguishes after that... so they'll never get it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

It's top 10 protected next year as well and extinguishes after that... so they'll never get it

Ah ok.

So they have all their picks now save the two swap options and the unprotected 2019 to philly?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Does this mean more than additional lotto balls for the drawing that has yet to take place?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who is going to draft the 7'2 210 pounds Zhou Qi?
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--chinese-center-prospect-to-enter-draft-170617166.html

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

ragle posted:

Does this mean more than additional lotto balls for the drawing that has yet to take place?

This is how I understand it. The lottery actually only draws the first three picks. The three tied teams split their balls evenly while the Kings may have a few extra due to leftovers from the split.

So really the bigger deal is that after those three picks are drawn the rest of the picks go in order and it has been decided the Kings will go first out of the leftover tied teams.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hand Row posted:

This is how I understand it. The lottery actually only draws the first three picks. The three tied teams split their balls evenly while the Kings may have a few extra due to leftovers from the split.

So really the bigger deal is that after those three picks are drawn the rest of the picks go in order and it has been decided the Kings will go first out of the leftover tied teams.

The balls are split evenly, so they get less chance where they are at #8 now than if they weren't in a 3 way tie. But at this point I don't even care about lotto chances. I'm just glad they are are in a position to most likely keep their pick but also grab one of the guards if one of the bigs rockets up the charts.

euphronius posted:

Ah ok.

So they have all their picks now save the two swap options and the unprotected 2019 to philly?

If the Kings finish in the bottom 10 again next season, then they keep their 2017 pick (and possibly swap with Philly). If this happens, the 2018 pick is top 10 protected to Philly. In 2019 it is unprotected. It was a really bad trade

So I guess if we are lucky we are bottom 10 again next season, hopefully get a nice prospect, then the season after we improve and give our pick to Philly before the 2019 time bomb. Being a Kings fan builds character

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

WhyteRyce posted:

The balls are split evenly, so they get less chance where they are at #8 now than if they weren't in a 3 way tie. But at this point I don't even care about lotto chances. I'm just glad they are are in a position to most likely keep their pick but also grab one of the guards if one of the bigs rockets up the charts.

If the Kings finish in the bottom 10 again next season, then they keep their 2017 pick (and possibly swap with Philly). If this happens, the 2018 pick is top 10 protected to Philly. In 2019 it is unprotected. It was a really bad trade

So I guess if we are lucky we are bottom 10 again next season, hopefully get a nice prospect, then the season after we improve and give our pick to Philly before the 2019 time bomb. Being a Kings fan builds character

What was the trade again?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Why is it so complicated.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What was the trade again?

Stauskas, Jason Thomson, Carl Landry, swap rights in 16 and 17, and a top 10 protected pick in 18 or unprotected in 19 for two second rounders who were described by Fran as warm bodies. This was needed for cap space to offer Wesley Matthews a max contract which he did not accept

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 16, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Why is it so complicated.

You can't trade picks in back to back years so the outstanding pick owed to Chicago with protections makes it impossible to nail down a specific date with which to trade a another pick. Also Hinkie trying to grab as much value from Sacramento as possible and thinking of creative was to take the Kings pick in years that they can't trade it

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 16, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

WhyteRyce posted:

Stauskas, Jason Thomson, Carl Landry, swap rights in 16 and 17, and a top 10 protected pick in 18 or unprotected in 19 for two second rounders who were described by Fran as warm bodies. This was needed for cap space to offer Wesley Matthews a max contract which he did not accept

Holy poo poo.......

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Holy poo poo.......

<--

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Being a Kings fan is great.

We have to worry about the stupid Bulls pick (plus Omri) for JJ Hickson who we started for nine games (out of 35 he was on the roster) before the Kings cut him.

Sac-ra-men-to. Clap clap. clap-clap-clap.

• Locked thread