Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
tag team wrestling is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That tilt-a-whirl DDT was the prettiest thing ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dario loves HIS BROTHER, THE MONSTER MATANZA :3:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dias posted:

Even Dragon Azteca popped for it and he did the move!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That match was awesome!

Afterwards they had a dance party in the ring, too, but it was a little too silly to make it to air.

Cool fact: throughout the whole match when Rey wasn't in the ring he was leading cheers for Azteca and Puma. It was cool how hard he wanted to help Azteca get over.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Lucha Avengers own,

So does Cage.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

That match was awesome!

Afterwards they had a dance party in the ring, too, but it was a little too silly to make it to air.

Cool fact: throughout the whole match when Rey wasn't in the ring he was leading cheers for Azteca and Puma. It was cool how hard he wanted to help Azteca get over.

It's cool how Rey is a legit legend and he seems to be all about putting over everyone else in LU.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

I seriously lost my poo poo for that. It was getting to the point where I was kinda like "Okay I feel like they've gone past the peak" and then he hit THAT loving MOVE.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Dragon Azteca Jr is loving awesome. Where has he been hiding?

I was concerned about how good he would be. I was an idiot.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Rey Horus is really loving good and I hope Ricochet gets him hooked up with PWG before he leaves LU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fantastic episode as always but drat that Trios match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

I'm starting to think that this Cage is more than a man, he's some kind of

Yes yes, I know, he's a machine.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dias posted:

That poo poo took my breath away

Literally, I made this weird wheezing sound of disbelief when I saw it happen

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I will never tire of watching cage throwing people about...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I am so loving hype for the LU hoss off between Matanza and Muetes

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I need to go back and re-watch that trios match, there was so much good stuff in it. Azteca Jr. is so loving smooth, yo.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

http://411mania.com/wrestling/some-talent-reportedly-unhappy-with-lucha-underground-management/

quote:

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are some talent upset with Lucha Underground management and creative team. The feeling from some talent is that the creative team and management don’t understand the physical punishment involved in the style. Many love working for the company, especially the Mexican talent because they are making more money, but the feeling is that they are asked to do too much for one day or weekend. There are taping where the wrestlers have had to do two physically hard matches on the same tapings, less than two hours apart. Talent feels that the creative simply does not understand the physical demands that are being asked of the wrestlers.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Vampiro is passionate about dirt sheets and scoopsmen: http://fb.me/5m54nyHT1

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Daga might just be the worst actor this promotion has seen.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

StarkRavingMad posted:

Vampiro is passionate about dirt sheets and scoopsmen: http://fb.me/5m54nyHT1

"gently caress all you motherfuckers! Best of luck. Hope you find happiness."

:lol:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Animal-Mother posted:

"gently caress all you motherfuckers! Best of luck. Hope you find happiness."

:lol:

Have a great day, be safe, enjoy life, and eat a bag of Dicks

Good news re: Ivelisse maybe not having to miss TOO big a chunk of S3:
https://twitter.com/realivelisse/status/720712316531187712

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 14, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Holy god that Trios match.

Also props to Daga for making a Texano match not boring.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Have a great day, be safe, enjoy life, and eat a bag of Dicks

Good news re: Ivelisse maybe not having to miss TOO big a chunk of S3:
https://twitter.com/realivelisse/status/720712316531187712

...are we sure Ivelisse isn't related to Cena? That's some healing ability.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Uhh is Vampiro complaining about something related to season 3 or am I missing something because I don't think I've ever read someone say that LU is bad.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

keevo posted:

Uhh is Vampiro complaining about something related to season 3 or am I missing something because I don't think I've ever read someone say that LU is bad.

I assume it was a response to this.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

keevo posted:

A bunch of dirtsheets were all upset about a spoiler regarding something that happens in season 3 and then it actually turned out not to be that big of a deal. Plus they are talking about how Puma is going to the WWE (which is actually likely) and I guess the thing that Chinston quoted. Oh and of course that LU is losing money, etc, and predicting its demise which everyone has been doing since like mid-season one.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I was actually worried about this, LU has an awful unique taping schedule, I was kinda thinking that it might be in their best interests to start spacing out season tapings a little more.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You could see it in the episode after Aztec Warfare, Matanza was pretty clearly tired. Considering the taping schedule it seems like a pretty short break to go from throwing 8 eight dudes around like pizzas to doing the same for a ninth.

This week's was hype as gently caress holy poo poo. I haven't seen Daga before but I'm getting like hella Katsuyori Shibata vibes off him. Tell me his poo poo in Mexico does the same thing.

Also wondering if they'll ever pay off Argenis just always being able to defeat PJ Black on any day of the week. (Argenis means silver.)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Thoughts on this week's episode:

Killshot's remake is really nice, but I don't know if I want Striker handling a PTSD war vet story.

It's really a shame to put Azteka Jr's poor acting next to Mysterio's really good work

Also, same with Cueto and Daga

that Trios match. I assume we won't be seeing Mysterio in singles competition.

O really really really want Dario to have been serious about why he keeps his brother locked up.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Best intergender match I have ever seen. Holy gently caress that six man match.

Please don't become another TNA, LU.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I heard some people were complaining because her head was held down during the bronco buster

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Jonny Nox posted:

Killshot's remake is really nice, but I don't know if I want Striker handling a PTSD war vet story.

He's already making IED jokes which is, uh, something.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ayo I've been having a recurring Lucha Underground dream where Cage has been bringing a huge truck tire to the ring and treating it like a tag partner. Last night he was in a trios match with King Cuerno and the tire, and Striker was apparently obsessed with the tire because his commentary for the match consisted entirely of listing off makes and models of trucks in a really excited voice.

When I woke up and realized what'd just happened, I couldn't stop laughing because it was the most Matt Striker thing ever.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jenny Angel posted:

Ayo I've been having a recurring Lucha Underground dream where Cage has been bringing a huge truck tire to the ring and treating it like a tag partner. Last night he was in a trios match with King Cuerno and the tire, and Striker was apparently obsessed with the tire because his commentary for the match consisted entirely of listing off makes and models of trucks in a really excited voice.

When I woke up and realized what'd just happened, I couldn't stop laughing because it was the most Matt Striker thing ever.

This would own so much

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Cage using random auto parts and metal poo poo as a tag partner would be great.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah like, it feels at first like a goofy dream logic idea that wouldn't work except maaaybe in something like Chikara, but I could totally see Cage boasting that he's such a machine that he doesn't need a tag partner and wrestling a handicap match with a tire or a hunk of scrap metal in his corner

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

I, too, watched this right before bed
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I, too, watched this right before bed
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/

If you liked this, we recommend:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504691/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Jenny Angel posted:

Yeah like, it feels at first like a goofy dream logic idea that wouldn't work except maaaybe in something like Chikara, but I could totally see Cage boasting that he's such a machine that he doesn't need a tag partner and wrestling a handicap match with a tire or a hunk of scrap metal in his corner

If you had an inanimate object as a tag partner, would it still be a foreign object?

I kind of really want to see Cage just hurl a gigantic tire at his opponents.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Go RV! posted:

If you had an inanimate object as a tag partner, would it still be a foreign object?

Al Snow once was in a tag match with Head, so I guess not really?

I can't help but imagine Striker referring to Tire as "the Accessory to the Machine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
His commentary was more along the lines of "Chevy Silverado, Ford F-150 Nissan Titan-" [Cage hits a big spot] "OHHH!! TOYOTA TUUUUUNDRA!!!"

• Locked thread