Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The sound systems are gonna be obsolete when NASCAR goes electric by 2025 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You can't even hear the announcer at Bristol anyway. And yes I hope that thing comes crashing down (during the race, caused by unforeseeable vibrations caused by the cars going around the track or something).

mearn posted:

The sound systems are gonna be obsolete when NASCAR goes electric by 2025 anyway.

NASCAR will push off electric powerplants as long as possible, because the majority of the audience(ie the southern folk) wants to hear the vroom vrooms. Electric cars are hippy/Obama/liberal poo poo.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 16, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Have you seen a formula e "race"?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

You can't even hear the announcer at Bristol anyway. And yes I hope that thing comes crashing down (during the race, caused by unforeseeable vibrations caused by the cars going around the track or something).

It'll be attributed to that weird thing DW is always talking about. The cyclone effect or something.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
we're never gonna run out of oil (due to making the switch away before it hits zero, otherwise we're all hosed) so after every car is electric on the streets there's going to be people racing IC engines

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Uncle Jam posted:

Why the gently caress do tracks think their audio systems need to compete with the cars? I don't give a poo poo about the trackside announcer.

I like hearing Dave Calabro call things at IMS.

Also they occasionally have Bob Jenkins up in the booth for old time's sake.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If you try to listen to the PA system at Bristol, you'll probably never hear anything again. Being outside of BMS is louder than being inside the stands at Daytona. I had to grab my headset and wear it in when I got there with the Mod race in progress.

I took my headset off during the Cup race just to see how loud "loud" was and it was unreal.

NASCAR's Special Ed leaves his team for some reason: http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20160415/SPORTS/160419589/101001?Title=Ben-Kennedy-leaves-Red-Horse-Racing

e-

L_Harrison posted:

Bruton will claim he had no idea they were putting it in, but reassure the media that the engineer who concocted the idea will not be fired. He'll also blame the teams for parking the haulers under it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 16, 2016

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.deerfieldraceway.com/#!about/c16fk

So this is a thing that exists near me.

Asking Viking and Boomer, what weekends should I see? (I know "ALL OF THEM", but I'm working a lot of saturday nights lately.)

You should go to Wayne County Speedway outside of Orrville and not look back. Strong counts across all of their divisions. Deerfield screams 'poo poo car counts in a million different divisions, because their drivers have small dicks' to me.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 16, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

You should go to Wayne County Speedway outside of Orrville and not look back. Strong counts across all of their divisions. Deerfield screams 'poo poo car counts in a million different divisions, because their drivers have small dicks' to me.

same, which is why I suggested he go when the vintage cars are there

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you know it's racing season, getting word of a terrible crash and two drivers injured in a sprint wreck at Canandaigua

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bob Pockrass would have more credibility as a motorsports journalist if he stopped writing and went back to blowing sailors for $5 a load.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The NXS heat races start shortly on FS1. FOX is now running a piece glorifying Kyle Busch's accomplishments in Xfinity.

They also mentioned he's not running NXS again until Pocono and followed it up with fireworks and the Giants spraying champagne.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm confused what's the dash 4 cash ia thst the race did Spencer make it in? I have the sound off for a bday party

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

If you're not watching the Xfinity race you're missing a heck of a race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tater_salad posted:

I'm confused what's the dash 4 cash ia thst the race did Spencer make it in? I have the sound off for a bday party

Dash 4 Cash is a $100,000 bonus to the highest finishing NXS regular of the four (top two from each Heat) eligible drivers.

It's like No Bull 5.

e- AN XFINITY REGULAR WON A RACE :vince: :psyboom:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Man Busch fuckin screwed the pooch on that restart

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol see all it takes is a little talent to win an Xfinity race

maybe guys like Sadler are just bad

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

A BLOO BLOO I DIDN'T WIN SATURDAY RACE.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I LOST MY FIRST RACE OF THE MONTH MY LIFE IS OVER

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Kyle Busch
Kyle Larson
Kyle Busch
Kyle Larson
Kyle Busch
Kyle Larson
Kyle Busch
Kyle Larson

. . .

Erik Jones

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So what was the point of the heat races again?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

L_Harrison posted:

So what was the point of the heat races again?

While the heats didn't produce any decent racing in execution, it actually seemed to turn the Buschwhacker phenomenon on its head. While all the Cup guys contended for the win, most of the mid- and lower tier regulars used it as extra practice, making stops to perfect their cars for the main event. A couple regulars ended up having themselves good finishes in the "main," including Brandon Gdovic who got 18th in his first start of the year and Ryan Sieg in 14th (whose teammate parked in both races).

EDIT: And another hard crash Friday at Canandaigua Motorsports Park as Charlie Donk and Darryl Ruggles sustained injuries running 305 sprints. Donk's in guarded condition with a broken sternum and dislocated shoulder. This is the same track where Smoke hit Kevin Ward, Jr.

EDIT2: CBJ already covered the literal reason for the heat races

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 17, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I can't wait until next week when 2-person sack races determine the starting order.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

theacox posted:

I can't wait until next week when 2-person sack races determine the starting order.

Spotter and crew chief.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tater_salad posted:

Spotter and crew chief.

Casey Mears is hosed.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Casey Mears is hosed.

I dunno man I think wheels would be an advantage there

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

LASTCAR posted:

EDIT: And another hard crash Friday at Canandaigua Motorsports Park as Charlie Donk and Darryl Ruggles sustained injuries running 305 sprints. Donk's in guarded condition with a broken sternum and dislocated shoulder. This is the same track where Smoke hit Kevin Ward, Jr.

I meant to post this update to my earlier post, thanks.

Pretty nasty one I gather, my Facebook lit up minutes after it happened.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bristol did its driver walk-out music thing again and:

quote:

Landon Cassill: Sesame Street Theme

:golfclap:

e- Vickers isn't in the 14, Dillon is. Puts a kink in my Fantasy strategy.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 17, 2016

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
I think he chose something like "Lady in Red" a few years ago. There was some other live driver interview and he stopped and asked "what's that?"

quote:

e- Vickers...in...Dillon...Puts...kink in my Fantasy...
:bigtran:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Landon Cassill is leading this race and actually gapping Carl a bit on the straightaways, with Carl on four tires.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

38. Nice.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wow those stands are really empty did I miss that today is the xfinity series or millionaire only day?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't really watch racing anymore but lol at all the pics of empty seats on twitter.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

LASTCAR, is it OK to not feel bad for misfortunes hitting the Tommy Baldwin team?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Matt DiBenedetto 6th.

Clint Bowyer 8th.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't really watch racing anymore but lol at all the pics of empty seats on twitter.
Every race matters.™

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I went to Bristol multiple times as a kid and the place was god drat packed every time. The Road Warriors pop that Mayfield got for punting Gordon in '97 is something I'll never forget.

Empty seats at Indycar and NHRA events make me sad. At NASCAR races it makes me laugh.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/04/17/list-of-nascar-sprint-cup-driver-songs-played-at-bristol-intros/

Judge everyone's music taste.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's awesome for DiBenedetto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Always great to see someone get really excited over an otherwise unremarkable finish for one of the big teams.

Today made up for Martinsville for Jr. There he had zero luck at the end, today he had luck for last 498 laps.

If it weren't for Jr though, that would have been a pretty boring race. Edwards just dominated, not even Harvick could touch him.

• Locked thread