Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

He strikingly reminds me of someone in a show I've seen but I can't recall who.

Adam Goldberg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So excited 12 Monkey's is coming back.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Paul Reubens' return to TV hostdom is everything I hoped it would be.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was hoping for a revival of the You Don't Know Jack TV show. You have disappointed me.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Those were all actual videos that were sent in to America's Funniest Home Videos over the years, they let Everything Is Terrible have access to their vault awhile ago.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I haven't watched Hawaii Five-O in years but I might have to watch this week's episode, where the team apparently does battle with Robocop and possibly an elephant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QhNoRqkgCU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

I haven't watched Hawaii Five-O in years but I might have to watch this week's episode, where the team apparently does battle with Robocop and possibly an elephant.

Thankfully Grace Park has experience dealing with killer robots.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Mann posted:

Those were all actual videos that were sent in to America's Funniest Home Videos over the years, they let Everything Is Terrible have access to their vault awhile ago.

this is exactly what I was hoping as that unfolded. That weirdo getting scratched by the cat is extremely my poo poo.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bring back old gbs posted:

this is exactly what I was hoping as that unfolded. That weirdo getting scratched by the cat is extremely my poo poo.

They have an entire channel on YouTube, go hog wild ;)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

GreenNight posted:

So excited 12 Monkey's is coming back.

raditts posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo. Is this what happens to all cop shows after they run too long, or only ones named after specific locations?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It happens to all shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8COSRIA3t4

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cardboard Box A posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo. Is this what happens to all cop shows after they run too long, or only ones named after specific locations?

Castle has sometimes been this way since season 1. Incidentally those are the best episodes of that show.

That quote looks weird.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 15, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Air is lava! posted:

Castle has sometimes been this way since season 1. Incidentally those are the best episodes of that show.

Yeah, Castle is by far better with the weird/random concept cases than when they try to be serious about poo poo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Bones came back last night, if anyone gives a poo poo.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GreenNight posted:

Bones came back last night, if anyone gives a poo poo.

Don't you mean Bone's

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

less laughter posted:

Don't you mean Bone's

No.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Guy Mann posted:

I figured that was the source, but wondered how they got access.

Man. I have not been able to finish Gigglefudge, I can only watch it in one or two minute bursts. I wonder if the interns they had screening the tapes in the early 90's have PTSD now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

I have never watched either Hawaii Five-O series, but drat, I would legitimately watch a cop show that took all the goofy rear end poo poo like that and acted all serious about it.

On the other side though, the original Hawaii Five-O is what caused Magnum PI to take place in Hawaii.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I have never watched either Hawaii Five-O series, but drat, I would legitimately watch a cop show that took all the goofy rear end poo poo like that and acted all serious about it.

On the other side though, the original Hawaii Five-O is what caused Magnum PI to take place in Hawaii.

Unfortunately, at least when I stopped watching it, it was pretty bland and boring, its only saving grace was pretty much just the beautiful shots of the Hawaii landscape. Although it occasionally went on some weird poo poo where for some reason this group of police officers in Hawaii regularly went on international black ops to hunt down people in North Korea and the middle east, and this was in no way considered strange or unusual.

I wish I could remember the episode that ended with the team sitting together in H50 HQ watching some live footage of a night raid of some terrorist compound while they grinned at each other in dramatic slow motion. It would have been perfect if they played America gently caress Yeah over it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Hannibal and Helix were cancelled which means the two biggest live-action American animes are no more.

So what did Helix turn out to be about again? The Thing?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Shageletic posted:

So what did Helix turn out to be about again? The Thing?

A group of immortals trying to find the best way to rule the world and keep the human population in check.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

JethroMcB posted:

I figured that was the source, but wondered how they got access.

Man. I have not been able to finish Gigglefudge, I can only watch it in one or two minute bursts. I wonder if the interns they had screening the tapes in the early 90's have PTSD now.

http://www.vice.com/read/reincarnating-90s-home-movies-that-were-too-weird-for-tv-131

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

raditts posted:

Unfortunately, at least when I stopped watching it, it was pretty bland and boring, its only saving grace was pretty much just the beautiful shots of the Hawaii landscape.

I don't watch the show but I've at times had a theory that Hawaii 5-0 primarily exists because a bunch of people who worked on Lost didn't want to move away from paradise.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I don't watch the show but I've at times had a theory that Hawaii 5-0 primarily exists because a bunch of people who worked on Lost didn't want to move away from paradise.

The show has at least 3 or 4 actors in common with Lost so that's not a terribly crazy theory.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Second season of Kimmy Schmidt is really good.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

raditts posted:

Unfortunately, at least when I stopped watching it, it was pretty bland and boring, its only saving grace was pretty much just the beautiful shots of the Hawaii landscape. Although it occasionally went on some weird poo poo where for some reason this group of police officers in Hawaii regularly went on international black ops to hunt down people in North Korea and the middle east, and this was in no way considered strange or unusual.

I wish I could remember the episode that ended with the team sitting together in H50 HQ watching some live footage of a night raid of some terrorist compound while they grinned at each other in dramatic slow motion. It would have been perfect if they played America gently caress Yeah over it.

Well the trips to North Korea, afghanistan etc were indeed considered a bit unusual since it was all unsanctioned and unofficial and they had no support etc. Overall I find it more entertaining than most procedurals and it's certainly a cut above NCIS: whatever. And occasionally there is crazy stuff like a remote control drone terrorizing the island or a nuke on the island or now robocop apparently

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Episode 9 is the best thing they've done.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
rebellion is going to loving own

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

rebellion is going to loving own
The show, or just like... as a concept?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

both, obviously

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Are you talking about the Irish show? I only saw the first episode and it was pretty dull.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i waas already proven wroong :(

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Figured I'd pop in and remind everyone that it's time for the annual Trivia Contest, it's loads of fun and what else are you doing this weekend anyway: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764188

There's all sorts of questions, including plenty of TV ones (there was just a question about The Neighbors).

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

Between last season's episode on how evil teacher unions are and this season's episode on how psychiatric medicine is just lazy parents drugging normal kids they can't handle I can't help but feel that maybe Tina Fey has some issues about raising her kids.

Also this is the second Netflix original series to have a hamfisted unfunny Scientology parody in its second season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Teacher unions are pretty powerful in NYC

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
orphan black season 4 premiered the other day and hadn't seen it mentioned yet. The premiere was pretty good!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

karrethuun posted:

orphan black season 4 premiered the other day and hadn't seen it mentioned yet. The premiere was pretty good!

I agree. It was an interesting approach to make the whole episode essentially a prequel, but it worked.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

karrethuun posted:

Uhhhhh

when did Orphan Black suddenly premiere on Thursdays? I knew it was coming up but buwhuuuuhh? I thought it was going to stay a Saturday affair. Huh.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The series finale of Childrens Hospital aired last night, and it was.....out there.

Love that drat show; i'm sad Rob Corddry & Pals decided to end it voluntarily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Anyone else have "Confirmation" - which airs at 8/7 tonight on hbo on their radar? Kerry Washington as Anita Hill and Wendell Pierce as Clarence Thomas seems like decent casting at least.

• Locked thread