Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

J, S

I'm expecting a gripping story of a sleepy kitten taking a nap here, don't let me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

RandomPauI posted:

D, P Lets see if mad god can redeem himself.

I was considering a write-in T for 'Redemption', but it seems to be a common point in D, P. Deesix, may your fortune improve!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
D, P. May the Fortugnat gain some sort of spiritual ideal out of the whole affair.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
DP Redemption or Road rage quest.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
DP is the only correct answer. All hail mad king Deesix!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hmm let's see it's a tight race no wait DP is obviously winning by a million miles. Not updating yet (or even probably today, unfortunately) but I'll start on at least thinking about the storyline, at least! Voting isn't closed or anything, but I think it's a pretty foregone conclusion.

Former Gods, more Remnant stuff:
  • I need concepts for Remnants by the next Age, don't need it during CYOA if you can't think of anything just yet
  • If you'd rather, I could just make one up for your God - and will in fact do that if I don't get suggestions by next Age
  • All Remnants are tangible things, objects - even Miracles. It can be a scroll or runes written on a tree or whatever (though this reminds me that no one has writing yet. Or housing. Or clothes. Or weapons.)

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
One more completely superfluous vote for D,P!

I feel really, really bad for the poor guy, but this is gonna be great.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gravedust posted:

One more completely superfluous vote for D,P!

I feel really, really bad for the poor guy, but this is gonna be great.

Great, or horrifying! Entertaining either way, though!

(Deesix should never have gathered seven companions. They are six-sided dice, they should never have a group of more than six! Obviously!)

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Great, or horrifying! Entertaining either way, though!

(Deesix should never have gathered seven companions. They are six-sided dice, they should never have a group of more than six! Obviously!)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dude's name is d6. If he wanted to be a d8 he shoulda changed it. :colbert:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The point is, there's no d7 dice.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Dude's name is d6. If he wanted to be a d8 he shoulda changed it. :colbert:

True, then he could have been called Henry d8

And then had six wives.

It's a history joke!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 15, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Nyaa posted:

The point is, there's no d7 dice.

7 people plus Deesix is 8. His name also refers to something else than his original number of companions, because he wasn't born with 7 minions.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

I watched my God die.

The Demon L’RN cursed us, turned us from the Water - but my God swore to us that we would triumph over his depradations.

And then my God fell and broke like so much Glass. His great Work unravelled, killing many of my Seven, and many more of His People. I held Him in my hands as he crumbled to nothing. We stared down over the pit of the Lost Gamble and wept, the plans for this... ‘fortress’... fading from our minds under the weight of our grief.

And then the Demon L’RN spoke into my mind that I was to blame.

I went mad. I struck out at my fellows - clove Bones in half with my Godblade like he was wind, spilling his viscera in a hot spray. My People could not stand against me - even with my God lost to me, his holy power filled me with unassailable might. I killed a dozen before the rest managed to flee - I cut their bodies into unrecognizable hash. I diced them. Ha, ha.

-O-

Now I spend my days down in the brackish Milk of the Last Gamble. It sustains me in my misery, and none of the others dare to approach the deathbed of their God, the home of their Mad King. For I am mad - if they would approach me I would cut them savagely for their temerity, and they would not survive it. But I am their King, even now. If - and I cannot discount this - I am to blame for His death, then they are better off without me and without the ill favor I have brought down upon their heads. Beloved Amyhdahl forgive me, in my darkest moments I think He wanted this to happen to us. That he raised us out of the muck for his own alien purpose and left us here to rot.

In moments such as that I half-fancy joining Him in oblivion, but I must continue my vigil.

-O-

Tonight, something is different. The sky is black and cold, and the million points of light continue their chaotic dance. In my youth I felt that they were trying to claw through some barrier, straining to come to earth. When He chose me, I pushed such foolishness from my mind, but tonight it returns with a vengeance.

I turn from the lights, feeling a pressure like a thousand staring eyes. My cracked skull ached. I took a bracing draught of Milk, grimacing at the taint, and considered my options. The stars called for action, so I would give it to them - and may luck be with anyone who dares to cross me!

• A Upwards!
    I’ve spent enough time in this pit! I’m going to go up and explore the world. How long have I been down here, anyhow? This world has changed, I can feel it.
  • B Downwards!
    Down in Last Gamble, there is Milk, and there are beasts. I kill the beasts and I drink the Milk - but I never go deep. I’ve seen a tunnel, down below, but never dared to enter.
  • C Inwards!
    I’ve been avoiding this for so long. I need to sit and meditate - sort out what’s been happening around since our God came down and spoke to us. I feel like I’ve been riding a wave since then - and I’ve been thrown out onto the stony beach.
  • D Outwards!
    I need to find my People. They need me, and I need them. I don’t know if they’ll ever take me into their trust, but I need to see them again.
  • E Backwards!
    Things were better when Amyhdahl was around! I saw Him die, but I feel His power in my breast. I wonder if I can... reach through it... and… pull… him back? I have to try.
  • F ...Cowards!
    I’m going to find my People, the ones who fled when He fell to earth. I’m going to find them, and them I’m going to kill them. All of them.
-O-

Hurray it's time to fix this guy! Or destroy him utterly! Again, anyone can vote on this guy's actions as though they're parts of his mind rather than Gods.

Also, a note about the list of Heroes - unless the Hero is mentioned specifically in a update, they are merely hypothetical. The only Heroes currently are Droplette and Wheyfarer Rennet (Water) and King Deesix and The SevenTwo (Dice)!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

A upwards!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

B Downwards! get that balrog!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
E

I'm picturing a time machine made out of glass.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B Dig yourself deeper into your pit Deesix!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

A. Onwards and upwards, Deesix! Your redemption is out there somewhere!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
C
The path to redemption lies within yourself.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

B, when fighting monsters one must take care not to become a monster oneself, but Deesix is already a monster, what's there to lose?

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

C. Time to make some sense of your fate, Deesix.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
C you're not in the right frame of mind hoss, chill out.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
F.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
A

Even those who have lost their way may yet find another path.

Wander beneath the eyes of the stars. Your fate may be more tightly bound to them than you know.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A. Let's see what has changed, then.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
C

Meditate on fixing that which cannot be unbroken.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C

Nosce te ipsum.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
A

I believe in you Deesix :unsmith:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
E

Let's really screw things up!

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Calm down. Work your way through everything that happened. Then we can move on with life, and rejoin our people.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
F those guys! Quitters don't win and who the hell said that they can leave this Union abandon their King? :sherman:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B

Downwards, King. Flee.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
C

We must look into our mind

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

A

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Not in a rush or anything, but we're sitting at a tie between A and C, with B one point behind. It's anyone's game!

except D, going to find his People, which is sitting at 0 votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We've seen the surface of the earth.
We need to go deeper.
We need to see.

Choose B

• Locked thread