Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

-Anyway, it turns out my mom taped the news for me while I was away, so I have like a week of Kerri-Lee to go through... #13,502

-Oh, I followed several women who looked sort of like Kerri-Lee around the science museum, but none of them turned out to be her:~( #13,846

-And with my position as Kerri-Lee of the CIC, cool knife AND uniform, I'll be the cult leader! #14,539

-As in "Over the Kerri-lee for the traffic, she's got great breasts.." #15,608

-What good is the world when I've no Kerri-Lee:~(? Of course, if I took over the world, I could have all the Kerri-Lee I wanted. The world it is, then, chaps. #17,284

-Wow, Kerri-Lee at the hardware store. I'd like to ware her... hard #19,478

-I have two pictures in frames on my desk at work: a picture of a spotted stingray marked 'Cat' and a printed glossy picture of Kerri-Lee. #20,382

<Byydo> some guys try to un-circumsize themselves by hanging weights from their penis
<LOAF> !Kerri-Lee
<LOAF> The concept of something hanging from my penis reminded me. #21,608

:dogbutton:

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=kerri

:yikes:

Ben you disgust me in so many ways

e: got new kitteh

Soo kawaii (^.^)

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

-Anyway, it turns out my mom taped the news for me while I was away, so I have like a week of Kerri-Lee to go through... #13,502

-Oh, I followed several women who looked sort of like Kerri-Lee around the science museum, but none of them turned out to be her:~( #13,846

-And with my position as Kerri-Lee of the CIC, cool knife AND uniform, I'll be the cult leader! #14,539

-What good is the world when I've no Kerri-Lee:~(? Of course, if I took over the world, I could have all the Kerri-Lee I wanted. The world it is, then, chaps. #17,284

-I have two pictures in frames on my desk at work: a picture of a spotted stingray marked 'Cat' and a printed glossy picture of Kerri-Lee. #20,382

<Byydo> some guys try to un-circumsize themselves by hanging weights from their penis
<LOAF> !Kerri-Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKPdNvH800

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

nope. not my style. arrogance won't allow me to lie. at least not consciously.

regardless, I didn't write it; and here on SA is the first time I'm seeing that Glassdoor review.

nevertheless, it echos everything we already know. so why would anyone waste their time on a fake Glassdoor review, knowing full well that the first impression would be to assume it's fake?

I don't personally believe that it's fake.

And yes they are running out of money, fast. What happens between now and the end of May, is going to be the tipping point.

There is simply no recovery from the E.L.E. You all can joke about that all you want; it's a fact. They're hosed. The End.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Woke up, was 400 posts behind that :negative: So pimping this again for those who are using the Derek Method™

ewe2 posted:

Goddamit I'm 500 posts behind because I worked on some parp for you all.

* lyrics
* Mangling one of my favourite Heads songs was awesome, thanks for suggesting it :pgabz: movable shape :pgabz:
* That's me on the synth, did I mention I have a synth now?!?!?!
* There are parps to count, count them COUNT THEM.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Jail Ben immediately IMO

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Heh what a funny "joke" site

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Heh what a funny "joke" site

Yeah if it was my site I would think it a bit embarrassing but cute all the same

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

D_Smart posted:

I know who you are. With your permission, I can provide 100% irrefutable evidence.

Do I have your permission?

Ragequit posted:

Absolutely, fire away commando.

Don't forget this!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ben you disgust me in so many ways

Like, he said these things (and more) publicly. On the internet forever. He's still posting on that website as of this morning. :psyduck:

I'm a dude, I get it that you occasionally see a hot woman and think something about her. But so over the top? And to put it down in writing? Publicly? wow

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

spacetoaster posted:

<LOAF> !Kerri-Lee

I guess Nintendo recently fired their community manager because she had written some creepy paper in college defending Japanese perverts or something.

I really don't know anything about it, but I understand that there are groups and activists out there who look out for the interests of women in gaming both in the industry and as consumers.

I think they might like to hear about the public face of this 112 million dollar video game company, his record dealing with issues involving women of their forums, and the light shed on it all by his obnoxious and disturbing website.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Please sympathize with CIG, they lost 15 bucks because of the leaver and are now having to devote precious CS time making a profile on the chargeback and its consequences.
The irony being they're probably spending more in terms of manhour costs dealing with it than the chargeback costs them.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

hakimashou posted:

his obnoxious and disturbing website.

Sickening and heartbreaking IMO

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ewe2 posted:

Woke up, was 400 posts behind that :negative: So pimping this again for those who are using the Derek Method™

Thank you friend, I saw it last night but had forgotten about it :3:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hakimashou posted:

I guess Nintendo recently fired their community manager because she had written some creepy paper in college defending Japanese perverts or something.

I really don't know anything about it, but I understand that there are groups and activists out there who look out for the interests of women in gaming both in the industry and as consumers.

I think they might like to hear about the public face of this 112 million dollar video game company, his record dealing with issues involving women of their forums, and the light shed on it all by his obnoxious and disturbing website.

I can't imagine what would happen if they fired Ben.

NSFW?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

spacetoaster posted:

<LOAF> !Kerri-Lee

Next stream with Ben should have all Ben's quotes thrown at him from the chat.

Yeah, lemme open my roberts... #1,791
erm... ICQ... I don't know why I said roberts instead of ICQ... #1,792

Hmmmm... we were the birthplace of Chris Roberts. #10,213

Chris Roberts stopped responding to my mail:~( #9,546

Poor stupid Chris Roberts. He wants to be a ral director. #10,893

Hey... I got mail from Chris Roberts... and I got the soundtrack... and nearly died... and went to work... and came back... #12,837

Chris Roberts had a crappy seat. So did his fiancee. #13,002

Yeah, Chris Roberts is getting married... #13,087
But on the other hand, it got Chris Roberts to notice me... #13,091

Wow, my clock is 12 hours slow. And to make matters worse, twas Chris Roberts who noticed. #18,677

I prefer the title loving geek... #14,613

Women are a lot like Descent: Freespace... once you've played with one for a bit, you go back to Wing Commander and you're just not interested anymore. #20,342

I rape all kinds of stuff. Lets watch Friends. #20,285

Things that use the word 'Free' suck... for example, 'Descent: Freespace'... cause, you know, nothings smarter than HAL... #2,923
Free fly...:smug:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Sickening and heartbreaking IMO

Inivigilation teams are still investigating the truths.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Hey... I got mail from Chris Roberts... and I got the soundtrack... and nearly died... and went to work... and came back... #12,837

Wow, my clock is 12 hours slow. And to make matters worse, twas Chris Roberts who noticed. #18,677

Women are a lot like Descent: Freespace... once you've played with one for a bit, you go back to Wing Commander and you're just not interested anymore. #20,342

Things that use the word 'Free' suck... for example, 'Descent: Freespace'... cause, you know, nothings smarter than HAL... #2,923

-Raping and pillaging go under the same singular broad title. Lets face it, if you're going to pillage, you'll also rape. And vice-versa. #18,710

It's the inevitable consequence of piracy you guys.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Someone has to be completely autistic and broken to say this and not realise that they sound like a serial killer.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

spacetoaster posted:

I can't imagine what would happen if they fired Ben.

NSFW?

I'm honestly doubting they will fire him, ever, because a) they'll flaunt the whole 'private company' poo poo like it matters in this case and b) the guy is such a monumental fanboy suckup and everyone knows by now that CR considers that to be the most valued trait in anyone that deals with such 'trifles' as community management.

That said, CIG definitely deserves a thorough roasting by the wider gaming press for having these kinds of people as their employees and thinking it's just fine.

quote:

He should tell that to his wife. I bet she'll find that to be a hil-ARIOUS 'joke'.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 16, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Inivigilation teams are still investigating the truths.

-If I was going to rape 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there. #14,547

-Yeah, I could prolly take out several dozen of those 12 year olds once I get that Pilgrim Cross... #11,390

Get to it quickly my brethren.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

SelenicMartian posted:

I'm the ceo hiring my #1 psychotic fanboy to work in close proximity to me and my family.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

Someone has to be completely autistic and broken to say this and not realise that they sound like a serial killer.
This explains why all British people, as well as a number of noted serial killers, are insane. #13,392

<LOAF> I want shiney insides in case I get taken apart my a serial killer, though. #21,884

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

I'm honestly doubting they will fire him, ever, because a) they'll flaunt the whole 'private company' poo poo like it matters in this case and b) the guy is such a monumental fanboy suckup and everyone knows by now that CR considers that to be the most valued trait in anyone that deals with such 'trifles' as community management.

That said, CIG definitely deserves a thorough roasting by the wider gaming press for having these kinds of people as their employees and thinking it's just fine.

Well, I'll leave that up to the people here that have actual contacts, or are reporters themselves.

I wouldn't even have broadcast the website, or any of this stuff, off of SA forums. But then Ben goes and tweets it out to everyone.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
On the next user account spying on Something Awful on the behalf of Star Citizen: Eager to escape his roommate's constant flossing and long stares empty stares watching him sleep at night, Professional Bootlick Toast decides to find somewhere else to hang out for a night. An inexplicable chain of events involving no one really remembering he exists when he's not directly in front of them leads Toast to hang out at Ben Lesnick's place. Unable to himself, the plucky goofball breaks one of Ben's non-Wing Commander-related cardinal rules! What Toast finds down in that basement is a real news-breaker, but can he survive forsaking the Word of LOAF? Special Guest appearances by a host of actual legitimate German Auditors and one lost guy who thinks he's in the UK.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Well, I'll leave that up to the people here that have actual contacts, or are reporters themselves.

I wouldn't even have broadcast the website, or any of this stuff, off of SA forums. But then Ben goes and tweets it out to everyone.
More indication of just how loving poo poo and broken Ben is. He deserves Shitizens, Stimperors and all just as much as they deserve him. Throw them all into a garden mulcher.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

All my life I've taken poo poo about being part Pilgrim. And I don't even know why... #10,122

If I order it overnight shipping... I can get my Pilgrim Cross just in time to wear to graduation. #13,173

I'm gonna make a big Pilgrim Cross out of sticks tomorrow, though. #16,355

I think LOAF: The Uniform will consist of an Ash hat, a Pilgrim cross and a UT shirt. And no pants, cause I don't need no frickin pants. #16,612

Living the dream...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Look at this.

From : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKVtEEltGXo&feature=youtu.be&t=11m53s

112 million dollars.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ben makes rape jokes, ugh. Batgirl must be cringing.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

This thread took a pretty dark with that hamkerristalker site. Even if it was all in jest - it is pretty poor taste, and even more so when he is a married man and works with (sort of) public relations/community management.

As for the grey market / ship re-sale / charge back thing: This is why companies generally don't allow reselling of virtual items - customer support and handling charge backs / credit card issues (credit cards can bounce without fraud being involved) is expensive, aggravates customers and the grey market has no financial value for the company. Accepting the existence of the grey market only really makes sense if the company is either grossly incompetent or has an interest in artificially inflating and manipulating the perceived market value of in-game items. One thing is allowing the transfer of accounts - there is a legitimate business case for that. But "gifting" ships? They can't be unaware what this would lead to.

As someone with an involvement in the industry, I probably shouldn't say this, but even if Star Citizen was actually delivering a working product, their business model is unethical and preys on individuals with poor impulse control and/or more severe mental issues. Yes, there are people who like sci-fi, have a lot of disposable income and don't mind the payment model - just like Farmville has players who have disposable income and a healthy interest in agriculture.

But I guess some of the fans are having a good time with their dreams and projections, because that's what buying into Star Citizen is. And the people running the show know full well what they're peddling.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I refuse to believe some of those quotes are real. I just cant

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

catching up with the thread this morning

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

When did he post this stuff on his site? How old was he?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Freelancer.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I'm sure Chris would rather go out with me than some 'girl'... #3,491

Woo hoo! I've created a paper girlfriend... #6,827

Most girls are female too, which is why I don't have a problem with them... #7,187

I think I talked to a girl once... #11,416

I used to :) a lot. But then my little girl died. Actually, colored wax doesn't really die, it just kind of degrades. #18,881

I got some sunglasses, so now my victims won't see the trace of sadness in my eyes as I execute them. #20,331

I do not want it to be a hit. I don't want to go into school on Monday, March 15th and overhear people talking about how cute Chris Blair is and how cool SFX were... #10,935

Wish loving granted.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

PederP posted:

This thread took a pretty dark with that hamkerristalker site. Even if it was all in jest - it is pretty poor taste, and even more so when he is a married man and works with (sort of) public relations/community management.

As for the grey market / ship re-sale / charge back thing: This is why companies generally don't allow reselling of virtual items - customer support and handling charge backs / credit card issues (credit cards can bounce without fraud being involved) is expensive, aggravates customers and the grey market has no financial value for the company. Accepting the existence of the grey market only really makes sense if the company is either grossly incompetent or has an interest in artificially inflating and manipulating the perceived market value of in-game items. One thing is allowing the transfer of accounts - there is a legitimate business case for that. But "gifting" ships? They can't be unaware what this would lead to.

As someone with an involvement in the industry, I probably shouldn't say this, but even if Star Citizen was actually delivering a working product, their business model is unethical and preys on individuals with poor impulse control and/or more severe mental issues. Yes, there are people who like sci-fi, have a lot of disposable income and don't mind the payment model - just like Farmville has players who have disposable income and a healthy interest in agriculture.

But I guess some of the fans are having a good time with their dreams and projections, because that's what buying into Star Citizen is. And the people running the show know full well what they're peddling.

If the dude who made stardew valley changed it to be a mobile app, dude would be a billionaire by now. 5 coins for a full energy recharge 99 cents. No penalty for staying out past 2 am, 10 coins $1.50, best value!

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Chalks posted:

mid 20s absolute earliest. Hes 35 now and most of it is dated 2007-08. He has posts all the way up to 2011,, right before he started with cig

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everything with Free in its name has caused him nothing but grief.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Chalks posted:

He tweeted claiming it was during high school but the site was last updated 03, and a page back someone posted a screen grab of him talking about that news lady in 08.

He was in his 20s.

Efb and with greater accuracy

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
There's some sort of poetic irony to the fact Ben loves a video game series that stars a porn star, but no, he decides to stalk the local anchorwoman....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I refuse to believe some of those quotes are real. I just cant

Here sir, just change the search word in the address bar. Go on. Try it.

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=kill

• Locked thread