Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Variable 5 posted:

There are absolutely no black people here. #18465
(from bens images)

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

:five: :perfect:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I didn't realise that 'Director of Online Strategy' was part of his job title. In that case, this means that CIG's Director of Online Strategy is literally so clueless, he does not realise that a past website of his contains various incriminating statements which will not only impact his credibility, but CIG's image as well.

Even if we/CIG were to not have a major problem with the literal bigotry he has displayed, his failure to take action over the website seriously calls into question his judgement and basic competency in his role.

Tigey fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 16, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ben had a cat named sandy

:tinfoil:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Same here, bro, same here. Except they point you at an actual person. I suspect my last 5 or so turns, once my eyes were closed, they pointed me at telephone poles, trees, and, I suspect, one moose.

A moose would be terrifying to headbutt. They are huge.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Sedisp posted:

So how old is Ben?

I don't know, but suspect he's aged greatly today

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

man, to those saying they're out of context...

look at in the context of those quotes being posted on a website alongside 1000+ near identical pictures of a news anchor. What other context do you need?

Well, I said it earlier and I still stand by it, along with the fact that we all say and write dumb stuff. As was pointed out, there's no context provided here, which is what makes it so loving weird and sad.
The guy just decided to save every weird, racist, sad, awful, funny or other line he ever came up with and left it in public.

Unhealthy obsessions seem to be piling up.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Thanks for the cat pic Ben

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

D_Smart posted:

Just wait for Mon.
:allears:
I wonder if I can take some kind of drug that'll make me not experience monday. Then I can go straight to DS9. #20373

If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of experience, Hades, it's that when you sell a nine year old into slavery she's going to wind up dead. #18882

Ben has everything planned out

I should sell my story to tabloid newspapers so as to gain even greater profit from an otherwise unethical experience... #2998

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ugh one of those wcnews directories is a bunch of childhood pictures. I looked into it and got immensely sad.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Sedisp posted:

So how old is Ben?

He turned 35 today. Happy birthday, Ben!

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Sedisp posted:

So how old is Ben?

He was born in '81 according to an application he filled out on his "joke" site. SO early 20's when most of this stuff was said/posted.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Codekeeper posted:

SO early 20's when most of this stuff was said/posted.

Years or Stone?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

lol

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

ideate posted:

god damnit

I am sorry guys

I really am

I googled this for some reason

anyway here it says he's not going to tell you or something and then has links to a couple things

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/

like this

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/photos

I am sorry guys

there is always more

and it always gets worse

I was going to link a picture from there but uh, I really kinda feel bad for him.

He is the goon whose dreams came true. I really do not know how to feel about this. He belongs here, not CIG.
I mean, having two full jars of peanut butter next to one's bed is a Tru Goon thing.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Palisader posted:

Holy poo poo that happens to me and I never realized it was a thing. I'll sit up in bed and yell at the demons/goblins/giant spiders/floating orbs while still asleep, thinking I'm wide awake.

Sorry, I've just never met anyone who had experienced that before. Does anything else besides cheese set it off?

Dairy seems to be a good one. Other than that it seems completely random. Happens more frequently now that I'm on propranolol and methimizole.

It's a neat yet terrifying experience at times.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Seriously Derek, there is no excuse anymore

Star Citizen: There is always more and it's always worse needs to happen right now

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
okay this motherfucker literally took a picture of where he (or some employee) moved the "black memorabilia" flyer over to the pickpocket warning flyer

because he thought it was funny (top of page)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

literally salt.jpg

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jason Sextro posted:

Oh Ben absolutely should step down, that's correct. The reason I think he probably won't is in your post - Ben and Sandi should have removed themselves from public roles already, yet they haven't. It's entirely possible I've misread the entire situation, of course, and nothing would please me more than for this broken loon to lose his dream job, I'm just not sure I see it happening.
If they don't, then they're going to see a lot of people unexpectedly leaving. If this is tolerated out of nepotism, CIG might as well get some bright neon signs fashioned for their LA spaceship mural and rustic furnishings break room that read "Toxic Workplace".

The Dysfunction Junction of CIG LA is odious enough but now it's radioactive. I mean, how does Ben EVER go on RtV again?

I'm sorry -- I have a low opinion of CIG but self-preservation of the Diarchy has always been job 1. They won't circle the wagons for Ben and he'd be wise to save them the awkward conversations and tears. If they do otherwise, then look for departures from Foundry and CIG to accelerate. We've crossed the Rubicon-- options formerly available are foreclosed now, and inaction is a choice that will bring direr consequences than it has previously.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

Just wait for Mon. I have something being prepared specially for them.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

What kind of thought process goes through Mr. Lesnicks mind, as he tweets his "joke" websites and mentions that he actually still thinks it's funny and not at all cringeworthy?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Me, reading this thread unfold in real time:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Here these should sustain you for a few minutes.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Wuxi posted:

What kind of thought process goes through Mr. Lesnicks mind, as he tweets his "joke" websites and mentions that he actually still thinks it's funny and not at all cringeworthy?

"The whales we're targeting have no social life and when I tweet it's the closest they get"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jon Do posted:

okay this motherfucker literally took a picture of where he (or some employee) moved the "black memorabilia" flyer over to the pickpocket warning flyer

In what looks like a library?

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Fooma posted:

I was going to link a picture from there but uh, I really kinda feel bad for him.

He is the goon whose dreams came true. I really do not know how to feel about this. He belongs here, not CIG.
I mean, having two full jars of peanut butter next to one's bed is a Tru Goon thing.

So do I. As a student I knew a guy who had a serious eye disorder, made him nearly blind with the expected outcome to become totally blind at some not so late point in his life. He was not fat, but his special glasses/goggles made him stand out like some Super Villain from a Marvel comic. He was extremely bitter towards life and especially towards women whom he felt had rejected him and mocked him all his life.

I felt sorry for him and I feel sorry for Ben.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Einbauschrank posted:

av/post combo

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

OK, this is awesome... There's always more.
I searched for "pretty" to find if there's more stalkerish quotes. I got this.

///

You know what the best part of a guy randomly sniping people is? Stores and stuff are empty! I went to the mall and the movies and to dinner and there was nobody anywhere. #19073

Random sniping is actually pretty great... it's like a big snow day
, except stores stay open. There's like nobody at the mall and stuff. And there's probably less of a risk of dying than if you drive around when it's all icy. #19088

Campus is pretty abandoned today... random snipings continue to keep people at home. #19100

It's too bad he was a sniper... Lee Malvo has the best name ever. Hitler was a pretty good name before it got ruined, too. #19578

///

In defense of dingos, babies are pretty delicious. #19617

Fetuses are probably pretty tasty. #20814

///

I broke my brothers head once. They had to staple it closed. I threw him into a chair. He started screaming and screaming, but my parents wouldn't believe him. Then he took a bath and the water turned all red. So they took him to the hospital. #20821

When I was a kid I told my other brother to jump off the back steps of my house. Which are about a story above ground. And he did it. I'm very pursuasive ;-) #20822

When my grandfather died, we discovered that he kept 12 loaded guns under his mattress. I'm not really sure what he was waiting for, but it would have been neat if it had happened. #20823

:downsbravo:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jon Do posted:

Well, it is funny.

As in "Look how the internet never forgets and look what a giant loving rear end in a top hat you are"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Einbauschrank posted:

So do I. As a student I knew a guy who had a serious eye disorder, made him nearly blind with the expected outcome to become totally blind at some not so late point in his life. He was not fat, but his special glasses/goggles made him stand out like some Super Villain from a Marvel comic. He was extremely bitter towards life and especially towards women whom he felt had rejected him and mocked him all his life.

Did he also immortalize all his worst characteristics on a publicly accessible website of his own creation?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
There are absolutely no black people here. #18465

:ohdear: be safe, Money

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

The only problem with what you said is... you assume CIG acts like real legit business.

I'm afraid nothing will come of this. I hope i'm wrong tho.

There might not be anything from CIG from the start, but if Feminist Frequency or the likes decide to really kick up dirt about this, you'd better believe there'll be a riot at least lol. One that either results in CIG's image being complete dogshit OR them deciding to sacrifice :lesnick:

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Chris: When a horrible blog rife with racism, stalking, and pedophilia is discovered... the creators were always given a chance... to save face and scrub the site out of existance to save themselves and their company embarassment. Right?
Ben: Yeah, but only the rich guys, Chris. The little guys got fired and all their sites went to the Stimperors. Unless they went home and killed themselves, then nothing happened, and the jpegs....And the jpegs... the jpegs were taken care of.
Chris: That was a good break, a nice deal.
Ben: "They went home and sat in a hot bath and opened their veins, and bled to death. Sometimes they gave a little party before they did it.
Chris: "Don't worry about anything Ben."
Ben: "Thanks Chris. Thanks."

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Like, the idea that, as a kid, learning about HTML, the internet, etc. you have a cringy website is basically par for the course. You have a website that, lacking a holistic skillset, looks like hot garbage and, lacking content, just stands to catalog the dumb poo poo you say/do with your friends, all that makes sense. The website stays live because you forgot about it and bought a 10 year hosting package 7 years ago because it wasn't that expensive, and it was worth not having to go through the headache of resubscribing every year.

But to have that website resurface when you're an adult, and for you to continue to endorse the weird/creepy poo poo you did and leave it in public for all the view, and tell people to visit it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/

There are kerri pictures in this one too.

Creepy man.

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff/lj/workpicture4.jpg

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

SelenicMartian posted:

It's too bad he was a sniper... Lee Malvo has the best name ever. Hitler was a pretty good name before it got ruined, too. #19578

In defense of dingos, babies are pretty delicious. #19617

Fetuses are probably pretty tasty. #20814

I broke my brothers head once. They had to staple it closed. I threw him into a chair. He started screaming and screaming, but my parents wouldn't believe him. Then he took a bath and the water turned all red. So they took him to the hospital. #20821

When I was a kid I told my other brother to jump off the back steps of my house. Which are about a story above ground. And he did it. I'm very pursuasive ;-) #20822

worth quoting

and re-quoting to other people who haven't read them. repeatedly

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bushiz posted:

Like, the idea that, as a kid, learning about HTML, the internet, etc. you have a cringy website is basically par for the course. You have a website that, lacking a holistic skillset, looks like hot garbage and, lacking content, just stands to catalog the dumb poo poo you say/do with your friends, all that makes sense. The website stays live because you forgot about it and bought a 10 year hosting package 7 years ago because it wasn't that expensive, and it was worth not having to go through the headache of resubscribing every year.

But to have that website resurface when you're an adult, and for you to continue to endorse the weird/creepy poo poo you did and leave it in public for all the view, and tell people to visit it.

He should've had his website on geocities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

When my grandfather died, we discovered that he kept 12 loaded guns under his mattress. I'm not really sure what he was waiting for, but it would have been neat if it had happened. #20823

:downsbravo:

Ah. I understand now. I figured this out. Star Citizen is a retelling of 'The Collector'

Rather avant-garde, I must say

• Locked thread