Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
<LOAF> No it's not. You can't change history. Oh, also, let me introduce you to my new friend... YOUNG HITLER. He hates Jews, but he'll also be a great leader! #20,967
:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

And for the record that glass door review is legit

:eyepop:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

does somebody have a gif of a slowly growing :stonk:?

possibly one that triples in size every second

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Io_ posted:

No, although they are very child like. It's more that his website has so many genuinely lovely things in it that it seems petty and dumb to pick up on that.

There's a real possibility that Ben has unhealthy ideas about children, and it's dumb of me to point out child-like pictures that he drew to appeal to other children? I mean, the valentine card says, hey, my dick is like a pufferfish when I think about you so forgive me if I am creeped the gently caress out by any of the possibilities/explanations

edit: don't hold me to any of this poo poo, I'm just horrified at this entire loving thing and I am in no mind to soften my perspective gently caress that guy

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 16, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

<LOAF> No it's not. You can't change history. Oh, also, let me introduce you to my new friend... YOUNG HITLER. He hates Jews, but he'll also be a great leader! #20,967
:laffo:

Spring-time for Ben-jamin in Ger-many!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Songs to set a video of Ben's quotes to

I Kill Children by Dead Kennedys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtqPlB-oC4w

Black Highway by The Legendary Pink Dots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z47IHTC4wqE

The Hill by The Legendary Pink Dots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxdVDIUsBWs

But if you want to emphasise the news anchor angle the best bet is

Maniac by The Legendary Pink Dots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnu8ljEc6s

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm sure Batgirl is really looking forward to her next weekly show with Ben now.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SelenicMartian posted:

Songs to set a video of Ben's quotes to

I Kill Children by Dead Kennedys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtqPlB-oC4w

Black Highway by The Legendary Pink Dots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z47IHTC4wqE

The Hill by The Legendary Pink Dots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxdVDIUsBWs

But if you want to emphasise the news anchor angle the best bet is

Maniac by The Legendary Pink Dots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnu8ljEc6s

More like The Legendary DINK POTS! Amirite?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ewe2 posted:

It started as a polka, its morphed into an angry ska.

:allears:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Jon Do posted:

Spring-time for Ben-jamin in Ger-many!

<LOAF> Germany's always been fairly stupid, but it used to be in a different way.
I took them in Germany, cause Germans suck... Like I wasn't headed out of Germany fast as my swedish made car could travel. #5,551

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lol at the linework especially the C shape on the right. I guess it's good it's supposed to be a prison tat because it looks like a convict inked it out between guard shifts.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

quote:

Say what you will about Hitler, he genetically selected some attractive women. #21,609

This dude has never had sex.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

what is the deal with nerds and lesbians

ben these jokes suck

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 16, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Go out a couple of hours, return to find Ben apparently is pedo hitler.

this loving thread

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm sure Batgirl is really looking forward to her next weekly show with Ben now.

:allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TTerrible posted:

PGabz are you going to do a video?

I can't even

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

<LOAF> Germany's always been fairly stupid, but it used to be in a different way.
I took them in Germany, cause Germans suck... Like I wasn't headed out of Germany fast as my swedish made car could travel. #5,551

Benjamin "the only person I dont poo poo talk is my boss, because he's a christ-figure" Lesnick

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad mad 'verse

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Awww man, this poo poo is a goldmine
If selling heroin to minors is a crime, then I guess you'd better lock me up. #18,808

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I can't even

I honestly wouldn't do a vid about this.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

It's not even a gold mine, it's a gold soup kitchen

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

:catstare:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.Tophat posted:

I honestly wouldn't do a vid about this.

I've never had anything at arms length before as much as this whole thing
There are people who will run and run and run with this, I am happier laughing at the game

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Happy Sisyphus posted:

what is the deal with nerds and lesbians

Nerds think lesbians hate men as much as nerds hate men.

This is because self-proclaimed nerds have internalized the idea that "men" are all the athletic jock bullies from 80s teen comedies.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 16, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yes, eat all the semen sally, lick the head of my cock smooth and clean, so I can slip it back into you, pushing it deep in your soft mouth. #16,449

:yikes:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jesus. Whoever said that Ben was the Stimperor was right.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I assume someone's compiling a similar database of outrageous quotes by Star Citizen believers for posterity after dereknarok smartpocalypse is over.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Mr.Tophat posted:

It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad mad 'verse

Hopefully it is a needless concern but I'm still afraid someone with actual credibility (read: not us or Derek) is going to have to come from the outside, look at this stuff, and begin talking about it publicly.

I mean, between a general "this was in the past, i have done stupid (or terrible) things in my past I wouldn't want to be held accountable for" pass, and shitizens being unable to question CIG...

We're probably the only people looking at this stuff like "what the gently caress" and not ":rolleye: those goons, digging bullshit up". Then again I am a terrible cynic.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

peter gabriel posted:

I can't even

i dont see how anyone could make a funny video out of this

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
"The world's children feel the burden of the world's water crisis more than anyone. Each day it is estimated that 6,000 people lose their lives to diarrheal disease." Thanks, Earth Day website. I think the people who feel the true burden of 6,000 people dying of "diarrheal disease" are the worlds sewage workers. #21,645

Ben Loves Iraqi Children!

<Frosty> *Have* we killed Iraqi children?
<LOAF> I dunno. But I know if I invited any of those supposed children over to my house, they'd want to eat my beautiful cat. #21,157

You know what I don't get? People who keep complaining that we're killing Iraqi children. These people have clearly never met a foreigner before. #21,156

Hmmm, how much oil do I get for every Iraqi child who dies? Because, frankly, I really love oil. Can you think of one thing that's made of oil that isn't fantastic? #21,142

Didn't he work in a school? Why is he talking about circumstances surrounding children on IRC?

This large woman had come to school to take her daughter out because she "didn't trust the system to take care of my child" And after getting the daughter out of school she'd stopped with the child to stand outside in front of the school to talk to the reporter. #19,471

We had one guy who came in with a transcript of six years of horrible grades and a letter saying he had ADD... and he thought we'd erase his record. People are the stupidest things ever. #19,091

You know what else is funny? None of this!

<Trelane> A couple friends are in town for the night, so I'm leaving my room :/
<LOAF> That sucks:( That's why I don't have friends. Also because of Megans Law. It's the law about how you have to notify people that you're a child sex offender:( #20,284

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sunswipe posted:

More like The Legendary DINK POTS! Amirite?
:golfclap:

That reminds me, let's search for "dink"... No hits? Apparently Ben has learnt a new word recently.

peter gabriel posted:

I can't even
Awww :ohdear:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You know how people try to string up smart by saying he associates with a neo nazi rape enabler, well the entirety of CIG associates with the same but also a pedo.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

MeLKoR posted:

this loving thread

CIG:The Days of our Lives

1)Will ben get fired?

2)Will money get a boyfriend?

3)will lando leave or did lando set ben up?

4)will sandi eat on camera?

5)will CR play his own game again?

Burning questions for the show CIG:Days of our Lives! Check it out daily and dont miss an episode!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well this recent development sure sheds some light into CIG's moderation policies.

mods Ben knew

gently caress you Ben.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

SNAP
<LOAF> Well, God does hate Chinese people. But for an all-powerful being, he's not very good at killing us en-masse. #21,614

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

I've never had anything at arms length before as much as this whole thing
There are people who will run and run and run with this, I am happier laughing at the game

yeah this kind of material resists the 'lighthearted mockery' approach, sadly

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

EightAce posted:

1) what you are reading is the very tip of the iceberg
2) he made a valiant attempt to brush it off but failed. He double downed and failed again
3) the gaming media especially the online ones will start to dig into this
4) he won't get fired ......
5) it really doesn't matter anymore . And for the record that glass door review is legit

:eyepop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

TTerrible posted:

<Trelane> A couple friends are in town for the night, so I'm leaving my room :/
<LOAF> That sucks:( That's why I don't have friends. Also because of Megans Law. It's the law about how you have to notify people that you're a child sex offender:( #20,284

Didn't he work in a school? Why is he talking about circumstances surrounding children on IRC?

This large woman had come to school to take her daughter out because she "didn't trust the system to take care of my child" And after getting the daughter out of school she'd stopped with the child to stand outside in front of the school to talk to the reporter. #19,471

We had one guy who came in with a transcript of six years of horrible grades and a letter saying he had ADD... and he thought we'd erase his record. People are the stupidest things ever. #19,091

Welp. That's it. I'm going out to drink. Bye for a while thread, don't get it locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Variable 5 posted:

Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

lol

• Locked thread