Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

For anyone with a throwaway account, that thread could be shared to https://www.reddit.com/r/SubRedditDrama and the website content to https://www.reddit.com/r/Creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

EightAce posted:

1) what you are reading is the very tip of the iceberg
2) he made a valiant attempt to brush it off but failed. He double downed and failed again
3) the gaming media especially the online ones will start to dig into this
4) he won't get fired ......
5) it really doesn't matter anymore . And for the record that glass door review is legit
Holy poo poo I'm dancing IRL

-This page has been blessed by a visit from the developer ghost-

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Xaerael posted:

For me, it's been the entirety of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

I've amused myself by comparing "In the Flesh" to "Future Citizencon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPpw7DNzCY

Hell yes dude.

THE EVIDENCE BEFORE THE COURT IS... INCONTROVERTIBLE.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Remember this guy?

Now, hes gotta sell them spaceships to afford rent and food :laffo:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Toops posted:

Hell yes dude.

Let me tell you about the casting I did for that particular track... (It kinda writes itself)

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

I am, my band is Genesis

lmao

The great thing is, I guarantee you the real Peter Gabes has stressed about emin runs many times in his life.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Danknificent posted:

What must it be like to be one of the legit CIG employees - like a texture artist or something - and to come into work the Monday after a weekend like this?

Those are the real victims.

The thing is, we're looking at it from the outside, with an admittedly distorted perspective.

It's likely that this coming Monday will be just like any typical Monday: that texture artist will go to work at his lovely company working alongside a disgusting fat pervert and will probably have to redo his art at least five times before his boss accepts it.

Nothing has changed.

I'm honestly surprised at the number of Goons who expect that this will be the turning point that breaks CIG. The shitizens will probably only rally more fervently in defense of Ben, because he truly is one of them. CIG has weathered arguably much more damning accusations (remember The Escapist?) against the CEO and Vice President of Marketing no less.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Toops posted:

I was practicing for like 6 hours a night for 2 weeks cause hosed if I was gonna botch a solo on the catwalk.

I hadn't really touched a bass properly for something like 7 years and then I had two gigs with my old cover band within six months of each other and I went insane practising about 20 songs every day for a year and had to learn how to sing again. But it got me back to music, thank god.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Xaerael posted:

Let me tell you about the casting I did for that particular track... (It kinda writes itself)

(Judge Smart. He may be a giant walking rear end, but he's right about a few things...)

e. NOT loving SAFE FOR WORK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMHmDnfD6I

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

D1E posted:

The thing is, we're looking at it from the outside, with an admittedly distorted perspective.

It's likely that this coming Monday will be just like any typical Monday: that texture artist will go to work at his lovely company working alongside a disgusting fat pervert and will probably have to redo his art at least five times before his boss accepts it.

Nothing has changed.

I'm honestly surprised at the number of Goons who expect that this will be the turning point that breaks CIG. The shitizens will probably only rally more fervently in defense of Ben, because he truly is one of them. CIG has weathered arguably much more damning accusations (remember The Escapist?) against the CEO and Vice President of Marketing no less.

Yeah - I'm sure they're used to it by now.

But I can't be the only one. Reading the descriptions of the culture and circumstances there - doesn't that bring to mind the cartoon/movie scenario of the arch-villain who beats up his own minions whenever things go badly? That's totally this. You don't want to be one of those legit CIG minions - especially on days like this coming Monday.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

lmao

The great thing is, I guarantee you the real Peter Gabes has stressed about emin runs many times in his life.

Can confirm :sherman:

ahmini
May 5, 2009

D1E posted:

Nothing has changed.

This man talks sense (unfortunately for my sense of schadenfreude)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

What's your IMDB page?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Samizdata posted:

What's your IMDB page?

that would be doxxxixng remember!?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Danknificent posted:

What must it be like to be one of the legit CIG employees - like a texture artist or something - and to come into work the Monday after a weekend like this?

Those are the real victims.
I imagine it's like being one of the background characters on LOST, just trying to get enough firewood before dark or something while those other jerks are yammering about hatches and polar bears and smoke monsters and whatever the gently caress.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

:agreed:

It's all gone to poo poo.

:shrek:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ash1138 posted:

I imagine it's like being one of the background characters on LOST, just trying to get enough firewood before dark or something while those other jerks are yammering about hatches and polar bears and smoke monsters and whatever the gently caress.

LOL!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

I've scraped and archived the entire site, and uploaded to an Amazon S3 repo.

Out of curiosity and the lack of finding a good one, what did you use to scrape it?

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I am, my band is Genesis

I thought you left in '75

Does Phil Collins know?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Well, it WAS large, but it was hard and squishy, so I figure it wasn't CIG PR staff.

You hit the lesnick.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So have we guessed that MOMA was Crobberts (Crump Flaps, Crib Crobs, etc... A.K.A. Many aliases)?

Just got to the hilarious feud between Derek and (maybe) Company man/person :laffo:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So let me post some of the defenses we're getting to Ben-ghazi:

1. It was a long time ago.

Sure, but not THAT long ago.

2. He was a high school teenager, we all said/did dumb stuff as a teen. (this one seems very popular)

False. He was not in high school, he was in his mid 20's. Maybe even older.

3. It was just some jokes, calm down and let it go.

Ok, I get it. One, two, maybe even three pedophile rape jokes/racist screeds/etc I could see that. But dozens? Hundreds? Nope.

It's easy for the non-initiated to take any of these defenses and just go: "Sure, whatever" and move on. That's why we should do our duty and post the best, most offensive Ben quotes whenever we get a chance.

I believe in you goons. :hfive:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
he is toast

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Google Butt posted:

out of everyone at cig, I feel the worst for the slimy nerds wife

Same here and I have before this ever happened. She seems like a nice lady just wants to have somewhere to fit in and be liked.

So much of this debacle seems linked to ego issues, IMO.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

So let me post some of the defenses we're getting to Ben-ghazi:

1. It was a long time ago.

Sure, but not THAT long ago.

2. He was a high school teenager, we all said/did dumb stuff as a teen. (this one seems very popular)

False. He was not in high school, he was in his mid 20's. Maybe even older.

3. It was just some jokes, calm down and let it go.

Ok, I get it. One, two, maybe even three pedophile rape jokes/racist screeds/etc I could see that. But dozens? Hundreds? Nope.

It's easy for the non-initiated to take any of these defenses and just go: "Sure, whatever" and move on. That's why we should do our duty and post the best, most offensive Ben quotes whenever we get a chance.

I believe in you goons. :hfive:

"Hitler did nothing wrong! #42088"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, the unironic pro-Hitler guy comments in Ben's reddit thread have changed to

quote:

This comment has been overwritten by an open source script to protect this user's privacy.

If you would like to do the same, add the browser extension GreaseMonkey to Firefox and add this open source script.

Then simply click on your username on Reddit, go to the comments tab, and hit the new OVERWRITE button at the top.

But I thought academic circles considered Hitler a great leader? why would you delete your posts?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder what Gary Oldman and the other illustrious cast-members of SQ42 will think of a current community rep having all these quotes floating around.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Hitler did nothing wrong! #42088"

Ha ha. If we start making them up though that'll be enough for most people to consider this a goonspiracy.

In case anyone forgot, Ben is the one who publicized his website.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130582361505793?lang=en

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

Ha ha. If we start making them up though that'll be enough for most people to consider this a goonspiracy.

In case anyone forgot, Ben is the one who publicized his website.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/721130582361505793?lang=en

Yeah... I made it up...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Toops posted:

The soundtrack in my mind for SC's descent to hell has always been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsJ84YV1oA

Robert Fripps Exposure album:

The title track of course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzFsDQeTUT4

This one seems rather appropriate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExNAI3zJfYQ

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Turd Burglar posted:

Ben why were you archiving your racism? Lmao

Why would you save any of that to a public website

Just why Ben

Lmao

Why did he continue to pay the hosting fees and DNS reg fees as well.

Oh ya, I tooooooooooooooootally forgot about the website that's been charging my credit card every year to keep active.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

How am I not surprised? They've been delusional for simply AGES.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ah, so he's willing to die for his emperor I see.

Toast, please stay away from any knives.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Somebody should gif lando coming to the rescue.

Ha ha, look at that concrete wall and crappy doors in the back.

Lord Kinbote
Feb 27, 2016
Ben literally blew his own foot off with a shotgun,it reminds me of dred where the dude trys loving with the gun and it takes his arm off.His writings are vile but I do,for some reason feel sorry for him,he hosed up and wrote his version of mein kampf.

What I'm saying is I hope he doesn't top himself.

Lord Kinbote fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 17, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f3lo9/quick_reminder_about_community_standards_post/d25m10k

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4f3lo9/quick_reminder_about_community_standards_post/d25lob3

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Toops posted:

Hell yes dude.

Holy poo poo yes. I always though of this saga as a rock opera ala The Who's Tommy, but the wall is way more dark and hosed up and clearly written by a damaged egomaniac

brb eating a 1/4oz edible and watching the movie on loop to take notes

My very first thought:

For Chris it was well known at night his psychopathic wife would thrash him within inches of his liiiiiife.

<sweet drum/airhorn interlude to next song>

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Lord Kinbote posted:

Ben literally blew his own foot off with a shotgun,it reminds me of dred where the dude trys loving with the gun and it takes his arm off.His writings are vile but I do,for some reason feel sorry for him,he hosed up and wrote his version of mein kampf.

What I'm saying is I hole he doesn't top himself.

edit: nope, that's too far, even for me. I blame Ben for lowering the god drat bar.

Toops fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 17, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

Nice on the outside, broken on the inside. A sound design philosophy from the makers of Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

I should have known that that loving blanket was a real item.

• Locked thread