Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

argondamn posted:

Hate looking through wikis, does anyone know of a shield with high lightning reduction?

Lothric Knight Shield is probably your best bet. 100 physical 87 lightning, 6 weight, 18 str requirement.

It sometimes drops off the knights on the High Wall / Lothric Castle, or you can buy it from Greirat if he succeeds the second time you send him out, or if he fails the handmaiden will sell it after giving her his ashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So those snake possessed hollow dudes are not supposed to be fair, right? Every time I've seen them, they've been avoidable in some way, I didn't get anything the one time I sniped one to death (except revenge), and the hitboxes are super wonky and I don't see how you could possibly kill them in melee at all given they never seem to pause attacking.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

fadam posted:

I think I hosed up. I died as I killed a boss, an important cutscene started playing, and now I don't know where to go.

Go back to Emma, in Lothric's High Wall, opposite Vordt's boss room.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With 30 int/30 fth, which will be more fun, Deep Soul or Cleric's Candlestick?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Obligatum VII posted:

So those snake possessed hollow dudes are not supposed to be fair, right? Every time I've seen them, they've been avoidable in some way, I didn't get anything the one time I sniped one to death (except revenge), and the hitboxes are super wonky and I don't see how you could possibly kill them in melee at all given they never seem to pause attacking.

gently caress those things. I just charge them before they transforming. Running R1, gently caress off, next

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Anyone complaining about anything related to killing skeletons is obviously foolish for not just 2-handing the executioner's sword. It deals strike damage, has relatively low stat requirements and delivers so much poise damage that it knocks literally any skeleton enemy into pieces with a single light attack.
Going through the catacombs using it is just a repeated process of smacking them to pieces once then thwacking the scattered remains 1-3 times to finish the job. If you have enough poise you can even tank the skeleton mob that rises when you cross the rope bridge.
Basically, they've already died once. Use the executioner's sword to make sure they stay dead.

They break apart instantly with the butcher's knife too, oddly enough. I think enough damage in one hit does it.

That thing is great, by the way. Amazing scaling, nice fast attacks with plenty of reach, and the bonus healing from every hit doesn't hurt. I feel like it's been just okay in every game until now, but it's really come into it's own with the new focus on aggressive combat.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Obligatum VII posted:

No, they're not. However, if you have anything with fire, including just plain firebombs, that wrecks them.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Obligatum VII posted:

Nah, they're pretty easy to kill. They're incredibly weak to fire, they stagger for a few seconds from just a single firebombs.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Orv posted:

It does but the larger the range the more time it'll take you to get a summon. Also make sure you do it away from heavily summoned bonfires.

Alright cool. So then an open co-op request, if I can get it, for players on PS4.

If 2-3 folks are around who have high level characters and wouldn't mind helping me punch way above my weight class with the Dancer, I'll sit around on the little snipers ledge to the right of the High Wall of Lothric bonfire. Password will be LAZERTAG.

Thanks a bunch if you can help.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So the guy who give you free level ups and gives you Hallowing died after doing it 5 times and this new lady appeared. If I use the Fire Keeper to 'heal' dark sigil or whatever, will the lady disappear? She has cool rings for sale and I don't want to lose access to that.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Why are the Abyss watchers fighting each other constantly? You walk in on the dude getting stabbed, then there's more stabbing afoot. Is that some sort of "WE ARE DAMNED TO DO THIS FOREVER" deal?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Is there any downside to the shield of want? I mean, it has pretty much the best resistance of any medium shield I've found thus far, great starting stability, it's not too weighty and as a huge added bonus it gives a 20% boost to soul rewards. I keep expecting to find some flaw but I just can't.

Apparition posted:

Plus it looks rad and has relatively low stat requirements. I don't personally use it but probably will with another build soon.

Hell yeah. That's my plan as well since I'm a mostly dex with a bit of pyromancy build right now. I was kind of psyched to see it included cuz I kind of thought executioner's swords were a pretty obscure set of European history that would never make it into a video game.

Dandywalken posted:

Why are the Abyss watchers fighting each other constantly? You walk in on the dude getting stabbed, then there's more stabbing afoot. Is that some sort of "WE ARE DAMNED TO DO THIS FOREVER" deal?

They get bored, okay? Not like they're seriously capable of killing each other permanently...

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

I don't know for sure but to me it looked like they all went Hollow and started attacking everything, including each other.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Rooting out the abyss in their own ranks, if you go by red-eyed mobs being infested.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Dandywalken posted:

Some of the item descriptions, to me, imply that the Undead Legion's partaking of the wolf's blood was keeping them from hollowing. Then it ran out.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

They're incredibly weak to fire and are stunned for several seconds if they get burned, plus firebombs are plentiful.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do you get a + on the Estes flask? I know how you get more of them, but not how to make them more powerful.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Zotix posted:

How do you get a + on the Estes flask? I know how you get more of them, but not how to make them more powerful.

Undead Bone Shards or something, use them at the bonfire in the Firelink Shrine.

Also, IIrithyll is an arse of an area. I love the look/layout but the bumrushing enemy groups that can stunlock you down to nothing just seems kind of lazy. Gets better in the latter half once you hit the castle but still.

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 17, 2016

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Zotix posted:

Use undead bone shards on the firelink bonfire.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zotix posted:

Burn Undead Bone Shards at the Firelink Shrine.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So, uh, I just let in Yoel of Londor into the Shrine. Then I got a free level from him, noticed the dark sigil and hollowing stat, then looked all that up on the wiki. Did I just screw myself?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Unlucky7 posted:

So, uh, I just let in Yoel of Londor into the Shrine. Then I got a free level from him, noticed the dark sigil and hollowing stat, then looked all that up on the wiki. Did I just screw myself?

It's reversible, but why would you reverse it? He's a good buddy. :3:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Unlucky7 posted:

Nope. You just turned yourself into a prune though.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

argondamn posted:

Burn Undead Bone Shards at the Firelink Shrine.

I noticed that it says my bonfire level is going up as I burn those. Is that going to impact me with like a really tough boss or something?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

NeurosisHead posted:

I noticed that it says my bonfire level is going up as I burn those. Is that going to impact me with like a really tough boss or something?

It's just increasing the power of your Estus Flasks and is counting how many shards you've burned.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
We need to put a matchmaking password into the OP. Maybe SAgoons or SAdarksouls?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Alright, I need help with High Lord Wolnir. I get the gist of the battle but what kills me is that you run out of space and he pukes up the smoke and you just die. Absolutely nothing I can do. Any tips? How do I knock it back so I'm put in a situation where there is absolutely nothing I can do. This is one badly designed boss.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
If I use an attack or roll without sufficient stamina do I acrue additional stamina recharge debt or does it reduce the effectiveness of my action depending on how much stamina was missing?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:stare: Oh god, I'm in the dragon peak place and just found Havel. He appears to have infinite stamina judging by his constant uninterrupted spam of overhead swings, and cannot be staggered by anything I'm capable of throwing at him.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hahahah, I just beat Deacons of the Deep. What a dumb, goofy, easy as hell boss.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
I did it, I beat the game.

Buttmeister posted:

We need to put a matchmaking password into the OP. Maybe SAgoons or SAdarksouls?

We've used LASERTAG for a while for the FROM games. Don't have a password set all the time though, other goons dont sit there with a password on. Just put one on if you know theres a goon thats also setting it to come help you.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Please unfix those spoilers.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

NG+ question:

Can I get another 5 level ups from Yoel? If so, do I get them all at once since I'm at 99 hollowing or do I have to cure my hollowing and then hit the breakpoints again?.

Also if I refuse to forgive patches to get the gesture you get for that, do I still get him as a vendor? Or is that decision final? That's one of only two gestures I managed to permanently miss in my first playhrough.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Alkydere posted:

Nope. You just turned yourself into a prune though.

I also saw that (Very slight ending spoiler) getting 5 dark sigils enables a certain ending, too. Does it lock you into it?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

:stare: Oh god, I'm in the dragon peak place and just found Havel. He appears to have infinite stamina judging by his constant uninterrupted spam of overhead swings, and cannot be staggered by anything I'm capable of throwing at him.

I was staggering him with Dragonslayer spear heavy stabs. Wait for him to start to swing, poke, roll away before he recovers, rinse and repeat.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I also saw that (Very slight ending spoiler) getting 5 dark sigils enables a certain ending, too. Does it lock you into it?

You actually need 8 for the ending, you get the rest in another manner. And yes, if you meet all the requirements for that ending you are forced into it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Crystal Sage, bleehhhhhh.

He's relatively OK until he firez that lazer that is incredibly fast. I haven't even made it to second phase and he's capable of killing me in two or so shots.

Might just go grind souls a bit...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know, Sunbros

Really, yes, take the long way around when I drop down a pit into a deadly ambush that we both know is there. Leave me to fight the whole ambush and waste all my estus.
Really that's very helpful

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Alright, I need help with High Lord Wolnir. I get the gist of the battle but what kills me is that you run out of space and he pukes up the smoke and you just die. Absolutely nothing I can do. Any tips? How do I knock it back so I'm put in a situation where there is absolutely nothing I can do. This is one badly designed boss.

Don't run up the slope and away from him, and he won't climb after you. The gas that he spews out of his mouth can be avoided without running up the slope if you just run to the side and towards him a little, but not so far that you get into the gas that surrounds him. The parts where you can't see gas won't hurt you. Try to stay on the outside of his arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ometeotl posted:

Hahahah, I just beat Deacons of the Deep. What a dumb, goofy, easy as hell boss.

Yeah, they're pretty great. I've been Sunbroing them up not because I think people need help, but because it's hilarious as gently caress to wade into them. And if people are gonna summon I might as well be the guy to be summoned.

The fatties are surprisingly dangerous in that fight though. They can leap and cast some dark homing mass which is surprisingly damaging.