Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Because Ben was Chris' biggest fan.

Skellybones posted:

Only found out after he was married to her? :shrug:

I meant Vox Day but lol about how many ways that statement can be read now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi,

remember to call or visit your parents wherever possible. it would help make their day, and probably yours too.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

remember to call or visit your parents wherever possible. it would help make their day, and probably yours too.

can i call your parents? im sure they're tired of hearing the sound of disappointment when you call.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

Thanks, I just took my Mum to the doctor's today she wasn't feeling well. How are your parents?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

yeah, poo poo, she probably taped the news for me

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Azram Legion posted:

I like the way you think, but a meltdown sounds like too big a commitment for me right now. Could I do something less time-consuming that still gets me loads of negative attention? Or could the thread maybe just pretend I'm having a meltdown without requiring a lot of input from me? I have to do a lot of work today, and a meltdown sounds like a lot of effort to go through.

I agree completely that CIG is taking advantage of vulnerable people, and that Ben carries some of that responsibility. My point was less that he doesn't deserve what is happening, and more how utterly pitiful his situation is. I have a really hard time not seeing how broken these people are, even as they hurt others. I am not trying to say that others should see it the same way, or that we should somehow excuse them from responsibility - but I think it is worthwhile reminding everyone that these are fundamentally dysfunctional people, stuck in a process that continually makes it harder for them to turn their lives around.

Sure, they pretend to be on top of the world, but in a thread like this, with all the things we've seen, I think more people should be able to see through that. They (Ben, Chris and Sandi) are scared, insecure individuals desperately trying to run from the truth, as the illusions they have built around them never seem to solidify, for reasons they are too dumb to understand. I think it is both more truthful and more hurtful at the same time to see them for what they are.

Star Citizen is to dreams what the Stimpire is to bodies.

Yeah, the sad thing is that it's impossible to help them. As long any sort of criticism is met with: "Don't be a toxic dink". It's not like some within our community tried to help Ben (like Beer). But got told: "I know how to run a community and am doing a fine job." And Beer and others were rather polite about the whole thing.

EDIT
I basically agree with you.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Thanks, I just took my Mum to the doctor's today she wasn't feeling well. How are your parents?

Lovely, thank you.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Solarin posted:

quote:

ManofManyAliases posted:
Next, consider that any day that CIG earns less than around $100K is considered a loss for them, and that's a conservative estimate that assumes a single facility in Manchester (as opposed to four facilities on two continents) and also poorly estimates the number of contracted personnel.

The earnings simulated in the "funding tracker" are not indicative of true company earnings on a daily basis. There are a variety of sources that provide income to a company, including but certainly not limited to, debt, angel, VC, loans, capital gains, government grants, interest received, affiliat marketing, etc. Each studio is located in different geographic locations and likely benefit from laws in their states/countries that could provide incentives for business that operate in those locations ( I know UK offers small to medium businesses special tax incentives as well).

For example, motherfucking look at this comment he made a while back (bold part is AP I think) i dunno if this was like a piercing dog whistle to anyone else but god drat :siren::sludgepal::siren:

in case anybody missed it

It's the beginning of the CIG damage control explanation. Especially now that I stated in my latest blog that we have evidence that it's fabricated bullshit. And right on cue, less than 48hrs later, the narrative begins.

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy

STIMSIS posted:

What about your links Derek? Goons gotta cite sources so that Derek can puff up his Twitter feed. But the OP? That stagnates

Here's a post from MeLKoR, unofficial thread archivist, summing up Derek's appearance on Vox's thing.

MeLKoR posted:

Unlike what everybody was expecting Himmler turned out to be a cultured and polite gentleman, they talked at length about Star Citizen and not even once was the imperative to rid the world of jew rats get mentioned. Next week D_Smart will be talking at a NAMBLA convention, if he can mobilize even a fraction of all internet pedophiles to the cause then Chris Roberts is as good as done for.

Now, I feel the need to say to you that the thing about NAMBLA is a joke and didn't actually happen. I wouldn't say this for just anyone, you just seemed like you'd need the help.

If you wanted to find out what the thread was like around that time with your own eyes all you had to do was click the ? button in any of Derek's many, many posts and bring up his posting history in this thread. Then press BOTH CTRL and F, at the same time just so you know, and type in Vox. You should start getting results around page 6 or 7. Then go to one of those posts and press the ? that is upside down and it should take you to the post he made in the thread and you can read from there.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
sympathy for ben?

didnt the stones do a song about that?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Jon Do posted:

yeah, poo poo, she probably taped the news for me

lol

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
STIMSIS.

Thankyou for making my afternoon catch up so entertaining. Some talking points.

• An unnamed goon found the2hamslicesofbiggotry or whatever it is site. Not Derek.
  • I posted it to the thread when I thought it was just creepy galleries of a newsreader. Not Derek.
  • Goons call Derek out near loving constantly. There is no king goon of CIG mountain in this thread
  • Why has your racist sense only started tingling now? We've been caling out Sandi for disliking black people for just under a year. Surely that was just as hypocritical?
  • Not a single person who has contributed a photoshop, video or joke to this thread gives a poo poo about Derek using it on his twitter or in his blog. Not one.
  • This is a three thousand post thread that averages a hundred pages a day. Do you really think people read the OP? No one gives a gently caress about the OP. Being the OP means nothing. This is not reddit.
  • You've managed to incorporate GOON VALOR a bunch so I really hope this is just someones gimmick account because it is loving perfection.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Who pays 10 bucks to post this poo poo? :iiam:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skellybones posted:

Only found out after he was married to her? :shrug:

:perfect:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Making it Rain posted:

Anyhoooow so after much digging & :phoneb: :phone: , finally solved the Riddle of the University picture.

I knew i had seen the guy before.

Hello this got lost in the STIMSIS whirlwind. I'm assuming you're talking about the picture of Sandi holding her degree? Please share!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

TTerrible posted:

STIMSIS.

Thankyou for making my afternoon catch up so entertaining. Some talking points.

• An unnamed goon found the2hamslicesofbiggotry or whatever it is site. Not Derek.
  • I posted it to the thread when I thought it was just creepy galleries of a newsreader. Not Derek.
  • Goons call Derek out near loving constantly. There is no king goon of CIG mountain in this thread
  • Why has your racist sense only started tingling now? We've been caling out Sandi for disliking black people for just under a year. Surely that was just as hypocritical?
  • Not a single person who has contributed a photoshop, video or joke to this thread gives a poo poo about Derek using it on his twitter or in his blog. Not one.
  • This is a three thousand post thread that averages a hundred pages a day. Do you really think people read the OP? No one gives a gently caress about the OP. Being the OP means nothing. This is not reddit.
  • You've managed to incorporate GOON VALOR a bunch so I really hope this is just someones gimmick account because it is loving perfection.
Not until I get my king chair at least :smug:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

You

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

lazorexplosion posted:

If you split the account between 8 people it's only $1.25ea

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

You guys and gals need to come to grips with one simple fact: YOU SIMPLY CANNOT BEAT ME. LIKE EVER.

This is a good quote. The sort that could be revealed at the end of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Terribly sorry for the size (the gif's not ben's)

http://i.imgur.com/jSqEshe.gif

gently caress if I know how to embed the smaller mp4 version

http://i.imgur.com/jSqEshe.mp4

Wow :stare: that didn't show up working in the preview.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 17, 2016

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Tippis posted:

That was before he ran out of money and had to sell all his SC ships to afford paying rent.

Lol. It's as if these people living on welfare dropping 10k on jpegs really can't afford it
:gary: :yarg:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

Ben worked for the school system from 2007-2012.

That gives us a better date frame to work from on some of those quotes...they're not as old as they'd have us believe.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-lesnick-56b65a5a

:stonk:

Yup. That's why yesterday in my Discord channel, were posting date/time stamps of some of the crap he was posting. Even the images all have EXIF data I extracted in order to get the dates.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Unlike what everybody was expecting Himmler turned out to be a cultured and polite gentleman, they talked at length about Star Citizen and not even once was the imperative to rid the world of jew rats get mentioned. Next week D_Smart will be talking at a NAMBLA convention, if he can mobilize even a fraction of all internet pedophiles to the cause then Chris Roberts is as good as done for.

The interview might have gone fine, but let's not kid ourselves that some dark enlightenment nobody with a for-show bookshelf is actually an ~educated gentleman~

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

D_Smart posted:

Yup. That's why yesterday in my Discord channel, were posting date/time stamps of some of the crap he was posting. Even the images all have EXIF data I extracted in order to get the dates.

the darkest img-timeline

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Strategic Tea posted:

The interview might have gone fine, but let's not kid ourselves that some dark enlightenment nobody with a for-show bookshelf is actually an ~educated gentleman~

All bookshelves are for show if you really think about it.

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy

Strategic Tea posted:

Umm... dude. Like I was telling STIMSIS, that was a joke. From last year. I was just showing it as an example of the helpful tutorial I was posting after it. Also showing the interview was not racist like they were saying. Unlike Lesnick's tripe.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

He's the one with the skull displayed, right? I only know about what's on his website and the Hugo pissing match.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721573133598138369

Sandi's had to resort to special measures for Ben's pubes

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

STIMSIS posted:

Derek Smart is the OP of this thread and with that comes responsibility!

Dear sir or madam,

Were it possible, I would be greatly in your debt if you could apply suction to my vagina.

Very truly you;rs,
tb

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Posting from like 18,000 posts ago so maybe someone already picked up on this, but:

http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/ posted:

My real callsign is "Bandit," but I've been LOAF on the internet since the first days of Origin's Official Wing Commander Chat Zone in 1995

Chris Roberts' Escapist Letter posted:

Bandit@istheguy is the very same person who started attacking Star Citizen on the day before your reporter wrote her article, tweeting about two people we parted ways with, then following up by retweeting the Escapist article and people who mentioned it…and then finally ending up by doxing myself, my wife and one of my daughters with this sequence of tweets.

“Bandit” is an anonymous account that was created on August 11th of this year and is almost exclusively used to aggressively attack and harass folks seen as enemies to Gamer Gate – the usual targets are all there, as are the usual proponents being retweeted. It’s notable that this account was interacting with and supporting Derek Smart when he was complaining about being blocked and reported as a harasser by two huge GG targets; Randi Harper and Briana Wu, which was another Derek Smart self-announced drama (he loves to play the victim, which he did when we refunded him publically sharing his refund email, claiming we were trying to silence him. We weren’t – we strongly believe in free speech and allow many dissenting opinions on our forums as long as they stay within standards of decency. You don’t keep someone as part of your community who is demanding you run the development differently or else he’ll sue you, especially someone who is plainly using the opportunity to attack Star Citizen for self-promotion).

Derek tweeted @1:15pm on September 24th about us letting go of staff in LA, less than an hour after we had completed the exit interviews of the two employees we were terminating (considering he’s in Florida and we’re in LA it’s not hard to connect the dots on where he got his information from). At 4:01pm “Bandit” starts mentioning people being let go.
If you look at the Twitter history of Liz and “Bandit” they frequently retweet each other’s tweets and generally reinforce each other’s views / opinions. I don’t know Liz’s personal life (nor do I care to) but based on the picture of her in “Bandit’s” tweet it is not a stretch to assume there is either a close relationship between Liz and “Bandit” or they are potentially one and the same. Which kind of calls into question these statements she made on Twitter:

Also retweeted by “Bandit” (as evidenced above).

This would explain her approach to the article, which was to pretty much take everything that Derek Smart claimed and report it without allowing us any opportunity to properly respond. Liz’s first email to David Swofford was at 744pm on the 24th, after which “Bandit,” riding into battle for his/her new friend, and Liz directly referenced Derek Smart’s claims. I didn’t see this until Friday afternoon (David works out of our Austin office, I was in our LA office) after David had a brief and rather irritated exchange with Liz (attached). I replied to him with some comments and concerns expecting David to have the opportunity to go back to Liz to further discuss some points she was bringing up that were clearly just singing out of the Derek Smart hymn book and much to my dismay and disappointment the article had already been published.
Could it be? :iiam:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Making it Rain posted:

Anyhoooow so after much digging & :phoneb: :phone: , finally solved the Riddle of the University picture.

I knew i had seen the guy before.

So uhm, when were you planning on posting it? Two weeks? OK, I'll wait. :D

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jack the Lad posted:

Posting from like 18,000 posts ago so maybe someone already picked up on this, but:

different person

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

BadOptics posted:

He's the one with the skull displayed, right? I only know about what's on his website and the Hugo pissing match.

No that's Davis Aurini another dark enlightenment fuckwit.

e:Unless Vox Day also has a skull displayed??? Because the Hugo stuff was definitely Vox.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sillybones posted:

Caught up with the thread

:yikes:

P.P.S: I am not a CIG employee or paid shill or anything. Please stop stalking me.

lmao. OK :D

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

spacetoaster posted:

Literally hundreds of photos of this lady on his website.

And was still stalking her as of 2008

:eyepop:

every day i wake up and it's like it's christmas all over again.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Jack the Lad posted:

ben could never criticize star citizen

he wore that loving wing commander movie cross to his wedding, not to mention the tat

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

lmao!! OK, that's just wrong :)

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
It's all a setup - the anon goon who exposed Ben's site was Chris Roberts himself; he knew Ben was a liability and had to get him out while keeping his hands clean. He got the idea from House of Cards.

WE'VE BEEN HAD, BOYS

We played into his hands. And should we really be surprised? A man running a 100 million dollar scam clearly has some mastermind street cred. We got complacent.

I blame myself, mostly.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Danknificent posted:

It's all a setup - the anon goon who exposed Ben's site was Chris Roberts himself; he knew Ben was a liability and had to get him out while keeping his hands clean. He got the idea from House of Cards.

WE'VE BEEN HAD, BOYS

We played into his hands. And should we really be surprised? A man running a 100 million dollar scam clearly has some mastermind street cred. We got complacent.

I blame myself, mostly.

lol what a loving idiot burning his fall guy early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Stanko-Prussian posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/721573133598138369

Sandi's had to resort to special measures for Ben's pubes

"Lift the gunt. Good. Now are you ready?"

I could be making fun of Ben or his wife. They both fat as gently caress and have gunts.

• Locked thread