Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I don't think FL is scummy at all, right now.

No I don't think he is scummy either, I just found the inconsistency a bit odd.

I mean it would take some pretty big balls for scum to run that kind of play on D2. It would mean the scum team deliberately used GG to attack a scum FL and burned off his BP just on the off chance that they were tracked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I don't think FL is scummy at all, right now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Keep in mind taht Rarity is also scum in this game

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Why is gulag still alive?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People want to keep talking apparently.

I'd rather just see the hammer and get the flip out of the way, as it'll give us more info than just speculating at this point.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
talking is cool and good

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I already used my power as you saw to save JakeP I don't have anything else worth mentioning.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kumbamontu posted:

talking is cool and good

Talking is cool and good, the problem is once we have a potential flip that is more or less confirmed, then scum clams up and doesn't really give us any good information. Yeah, maybe that means we can look for whoever shut up around the time that we got our target, but town does that too. Especially in big games like this. In a perfect world, everyone would post accordingly and play to the best of their abilities, but with a HUGE in-depth game like this, we're gonna be swimming upstream for the majority of the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

Keep in mind taht Rarity is also scum in this game

I completely agree with you on this point. She has been completely ignoring the game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote gulag

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

GulagDolls (10): TMMadman, Jimson, Kashuno, TMMadman, Flying Leatherman, Max, Azuth0667, Infinitum, VivaNova, Kumbamontu, Murmur Twin, JakeP
Puntification (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Rarity (0): JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (9): CCKeane, chaoslord, GulagDolls, imgay, Puntification, Rarity, Rurea, TMMadman, Your Personal Muse

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 18th, 2016 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Judge parsons looked at the evidence before him

"I feel this is direct and conclusive evidence. I sentence the doom squad to life imprisonment, get him a nice cell in solitary right across from his buddy Klaxon."

The squad lowers their head and begins laughing.

"You squiddin' idiots!
I'll bash you when I get out!"

Gulagdolls - The Doom Squad - Status Quo aligned Gang was thrown into the black pits next to Klaxon on Day 3!

GulagDolls

You are The Doom Squad

Status Quo Aligned Gang

You may use one of the following abilities each night:

Doom Squad Assemble! - You are an unstoppable force of pain. If you perform the Status Quo Night Kill, you will crush any defenses the target has in place and damage anyone who was protecting them for 2 HP.

Doom Squad Activate! - You know how to get under people's skins. You harass a target player you can see, preventing them from doing anything that night. The target will know they have been blocked from acting, whether they were doing anything that night or not.

Stats:
A: 4
D: 2
S: 1
P: 3

You are Status Quo Aligned and will win when Status Quo Controls the vote OR your faction discovers the bunker.

It is night 3, please get locations in by around 11:30 PM Eastern.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Mall updated

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
perception pms will be sent out tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry for the delay, all perception PM's are sent.

Actions: Get em in!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It was time, everyone was ready. Almost everyone headed out into the wastes that night to search.

But this time, the most deserving came out on top.

Things were tough for Vinnie and Tom, a father and son who suffered hardship after hardship.

Vinnie was sick and his hope soared as he uncovered a metal door in the irradiated sand.

He and tom quickly uncovered it all the way and found a latch, opening the latch he descended into the bunker.

They hurredly searched the bunker before anyone else found it.

Vinnie found what he was looking for.

An entire medical wing with state of the art facilities.

He almost cried as he stepped into the room looking at all the equipment and the rows and rows of medications.

They left and hid the door the best they could leaving a marking and mapping their way back to El Dorado.

As soon as they got back to town they went straight to Judge Parsons and told him what they found.

The next day El Dorado military forces went out to the bunker en masse and the technology inside was able to heal Vinnie's disease so he could continue to raise his son.

El Dorado quickly became the hope of humanity.

They were able to grow enough food to feed anyone who moved to El Dorado and were able to get the dam working again, set up irrigation, cleanse the wasteland around El Dorado and turn it into a paradise.

Slowly everyone drifted towards El Dorado until Humanity established itself as the dominant force on the planet again.

Within 4 generations the world had become a Utopia with plenty of opportunity for all.

But what about the people who wanted to find the bunker for themselves?

Well once Judge Parsons found out the plot of Lord Rex he had him and his girl thrown into the pits with their co conspirators.

They even discovered a plot to lay El Dorado to waste and kill everyone in it by the madman of the wastelands the mad bomber Suicide.

Congratulations! Progress aligned has won the game by finding the bunker with a loving incredible roll by flying leatherman who had a 6% chance of finding it and rolled a 5!

Flying leatherman has won the game for town!

Flying Leatherman

You are Vinnie and Thomas
Progress Aligned Duo
Vinnie and his son Thomas are a bleak and depressing pair. You have faced nothing but hardship in your lives thus far. Now Vinnie is sick and very worried that Thomas will grow up without him in the harsh wastes. Just as you were about to give up, you heard about the legendary sealed Bunker of El Dorado. You hope to find some pre-war medicine inside to treat Vinnie's illness. Better hurry, this is your final hope.
You have the following abilities:
Backed Into A Corner - When you fight you do it like a caged animal. You are dumping every bit of energy into this search and it is your last hope. If you are ever the target of an attack action you give as good as you get - your attacker takes the same amount of damage as you do.
Never Give Up - You are running on pure adrenaline and refuse to give up. You have 2 shots of bulletproof (negates night kills AND attacks, it will automatically be used and you will be informed), but you are weak and sickly, your defense and perception are lower than most players.
Stats:
A: 4
D: 1
S: 3
P: 1
You are Progress aligned and win when all threats to Progress have been eliminated OR your faction finds the bunker.

Setup Doc= https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MRpTWPTVz8y69xQ-xDAsFypgJdDxqvfNJHrDKEmW4lw/edit?usp=sharing
Scumdoc = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZGMj8ypo5A6T9SCCR3BKucRi1eHbzIOvaSkNr76UKXQ/edit#gid=0
The Bulliten Board = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V65PAy7d2HKMiQVd-gxFLwxLMpbtKfcKFHrzvCLm2ow/edit?usp=sharing

CCkeane Lord Rex Status Quo aligned Solo and Kashuno - Darla - Status Quo aligned solo were endgamed!

Also, Murmur Twin - Suicide Self aligned solo Bomber (arsonist) was also endgamed!

Rarity - Demonicus - Self Aligned Solo has also won with Progress!

So, some thoughts about this game.

Scum got really REALLY unlucky, town just happened to hit just the right targets at just the right times with their investigations.
Scum also really underutilized their nightly abilities which were designed to give them an edge with the way locations and perception worked.
Klaxon getting killed first was REALLY bad for them as well as he was one of their powerhouses, letting scum appear to be in one place and then zipping away to somewhere else to wreak havok etc.
Kashuno didn't once use his awesome redirect power which probably would have saved scums skin if it had been done to the right targets.
I think MMT would have done well with suicide because she was just sort of chilling in the background bombing anyone who came to downtown, which , as it turns out was only vivanova.

There are a lot of changes I will make to the way the system works, some tweaks and things to make it a little less difficult to game and I will probably change the way finding the treasure works so it doesn't happen so early in the game again.

The improvements I will keep in the next incarnation will be the way locations worked with a Stealht/Perception dynamic which I feel is a vast improvement over the other two games as far as the way locations worked. I am also going to maybe have to tweak the way the tracking and stuff works in regards to the locations and everything.

In any case I hope you all enjoyed it and everybody thank Podima for how much awesome work he put into the game with me.

If you have any suggestions or comments about the setup please let us know so future El Dorados can be improved until I hit the perfect system.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:patriot:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
for the record i tracked keane last night so was 3/3 tracking scum just sayin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ok

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

sucks to suck loser

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
:golfclap:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ugggggghhhhhh this was a rough game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

for the record i tracked keane last night so was 3/3 tracking scum just sayin

Haha nice job Jake.

I used my super power last night because I figured everyone would be in the Wastes. I would have watched EVERYONE in the wastes and see who visited each of them.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Haha nice job Jake.

I used my super power last night because I figured everyone would be in the Wastes. I would have watched EVERYONE in the wastes and see who visited each of them.

Your result is in the setup doc, btw!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Wow.

Um.

I was not expecting that.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Wow loving FL what a beast. I'm glad I invited that guy to the cool spot, only if it lasted like 1 minute. I'm sad I didn't get to invite more people to our cool hangout zone jake
Cpig show them my role PM ty

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also the roles in this game were really cool and I'm kind of sad the game ended so soon. You should all go give them a read!

:siren: All the roles are in the Setup Doc CPig linked in the endgame post! :siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also cpig the only person I saw that targeted anyone was Jake who targeted me so idk what you're talking about using my power well

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Ugggggghhhhhh this was a rough game.

Yeah you guys had like the worst possible outcomes super early it just went really bad for you guys really early on.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Thanks CPig and Pod for running a really interesting game! I had a ton of fun

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Oh thanks podima. Yeah I'm sad the game ended early only because I had a really cool role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I feel better knowing that there was pretty much nothing we could have done since we lost D4.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Also cpig the only person I saw that targeted anyone was Jake who targeted me so idk what you're talking about using my power well

I only meant that if you had maybe gone to a different location or if scum had really consolidated and all went to the same location after GG died you may have been able to get some use out of it instead of just sitting in the warehouse and searching every night.

The way the scum team was designed was that they would move around a lot and use their abilities to gain advantage in the first few days without having to worry much about searching until the third day.

You guys didn't really coordinate your powers or even use many of them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I feel better knowing that there was pretty much nothing we could have done since we lost D4.

Not necessarily, the only concrete evidence that anyone gleaned from any night 3 stuff was that rarity was scum, which she wasn't.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tbh I think having search/rest/NK take up the ability slot strongly favors town in this setup.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I knew I shouldn't have taken the night kill on N1 :(

Good game town, didn't expect that bunker to be unveiled. friggin' flying leatherman

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
THREE CHEERS FOR TOWN!

HIP HIP HOORAY

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Actually, the two of you would have lived through D4 because I would have seen Rarity kill JakeP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Tbh I think having search/rest/NK take up the ability slot strongly favors town in this setup.

I agree, thats one of the things I would change about the next incarnation is removing attack/defend entirely and make searching not take up your "action" for the night.

• Locked thread