Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not a fan of A, it seems like that's just gonna end up with Deesix rampaging indiscriminately around, at least with F his madness will be focused toward something.

B will let us see the eldritch horrors beneath the earth and I'm always a fan of FUN. The introspection of C is less preferable to me than B, but hey it beats mindless rampages.

A vote for B is a vote to unleash the kaiju from deep beneath the earth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Vote Down. Delve too deep.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

BE AGGRESSIVE
B E AGGRESIVE

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

BE AGGRESSIVE
B E AGGRESIVE

A, B and C are tied - next vote takes it.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
What lurks Bneath?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

What lurks Bneath?

Bless you sir.

STRIKE THE EARTH

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:iit:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

It's not even in the running, but F.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
My second choice gets it, so I can't be sad. Let's visit and/or create Somewhere's Hell!

....if Mad King Deesix turns into Somewhere's Satan-figure I will be delighted, actually.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

I feel the pull of the tunnel down below like a physical force. Yes, I would go down into the very heart of the Last Gamble. Anything to hide from these stars, to hide from what I’ve done. Maybe I’ll get lucky and Somewhere will swallow me up and that will be the end of me.

As I wade into the Milk, I can hear the telltale sounds of Anomalice churning in its depths. They watch me with stolen eyes, faces torn from those killed in the blast or in my rampage. I slash the liquid with my Blade, and they scatter. Sour creatures of Dice and Milk, they often crawl from the primordial stew and vex me - and now I’m heading into their lair. No matter - they die the same as the rest.

I sink my head below the Milk and dive.

-O-
I emerge from the thick, sludgy Milk quite some time later, emerging into a dry - but very dark - cavern. To one such as me, darkness holds no fear - touched by God’s light, I can see just as clearly down here. I almost wish I couldn’t.

The Anomalice are larger down here, freakish - and bold! A group of them pounce me at once, silent as always, and it’s all I can do block their advance with my Blade. I am thrown backwards, into the twisted dicestone walls, and I hear something crack. Filled with the burning rage of my God, I advance, crushing their mocking faces with the flat of my Blade before slicing them to nothing. The same rush as ever fills me when they finally expire, and I laugh with pleasure. At length, I stand panting in the dark, unharried for the moment - but their eyes glare at me from within the walls, glowing with the fading radiance of the divine power that sustained them. They dared not approach me yet, but they would wait for a moment’s weakness. I wouldn’t give them the luxury - I pressed on.

-O-
Travelling through the oddly shaped cavern, I felt a certain elation building in my core. Some echo of the divine purpose that suffused my being when I served as His herald. I could feel Him here, all around me - I walked through his tomb. My face twisted with uncertain emotion, but my eye stared straight ahead. There was nothing to say, no obeisance to make. No one to hear, anyhow. Perhaps I was simply paying my respects.

(I didn’t think so.)

-O-
The next chamber I entered made my limbs retract in reflexive fear, and worse I couldn’t say why, until I saw it.

Water, deep in the heart of the Last Gamble. The blood of L’RN in the very tomb of my God! I threw my head back in a rage, raw power shooting forth and tearing the air with furious sparks. I slashed at the pond of hated Water, shouting and shaking with rage until spittle flew forth from my lips and I had to sink to the ground, exhausted. I glared at the Water (at my reflection) and drew forth the energy for another tirade - then stopped short, and really looked.

I knew it at once. A relic of my God. A phylactery of his power, down below. I fancied I could reach it, if I stretched. I dared not use my Blade for fear of damaging it, but I shuddered at the Curse. Dare I take it?

• 1A Grasp It!
    Of course I dare! How could I live with myself if I left now? drat the Curse, L’RN is no match for a heart full of Amyhdahl! I WILL claim my inheritance!
  • 2B Hook It!
    I fear the Curse, but I am no mindless beast - and I have the finest tool in my hands. I will reshape the Godblade slightly with Glass Shaping to dull it and hook the relic out of the Water. I am not certain how the Blade will be affected, but surely the relic is worth dozens of Blades. Hundreds!
  • 2C Cut It!
    ...No. Enough of this. He dares to wrench me from misery, force me into service again from beyond the grave!? With His very Blade, I will end his hold on me, on this land! I have no idea what will occur if I attempt this sacrilege, but I care not.
  • 2D Leave It!
    ...No. Enough of this. He is dead, but I am alive. I will leave my Blade here in His tomb, and I will seek my People. Perhaps I will bring them here and we will pay our rememberances. Or perhaps I’ll tell them to forget, and then I’ll tell myself.
Just as I see the relic, I become aware of the scraping claws of the Anomalice from all around. Curse them - but wait! Their eyes blaze with the same glow of the relic in the Water! And did I not feel a rush of power when I destroyed the others earlier? Dawning revelation breaks through my mind as I consider my options.

• 2A Consume Them!
    After I deal with the relic, I will hunt them down and steal back the fragments of my God’s remant power! I am not certain if I deserve them, but I AM certain that THEY do not!
  • 2B End Them!
    After I deal with the relic, I will destroy them, but close myself to the power that animates them - I do not know what dire contamination it might bring! No power is worth such risk.
  • 2C Ignore Them!
    The relic is all - I will focus my attention on it to the exclusion of the Anomalice. However I deal with the relic, this will be much faster!
  • 2D Command Them!
    They wear the skin of my People - perhaps they bear the hearts of my People as well! They are broken and fiendish, but then so am I! I will order them to stand down and follow me!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1. A
2. D

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

1A
2C

I just feel sorry for poor Deesix. The gods dealt cruelly with him.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
1C
1D

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A.
2D.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
C
B

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

1 A, 2 A The power of Amyhdal corrupted and ruined Deesix, but maybe if he gathers the remnants all in one place he can make himself whole again? Or maybe it'll just make things worse, either way it'll be fun.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
1-B
2-D

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is a long shot, but I'm really hoping we command the monsters to form a musical theater troop.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
1. D
2. D

Deesix has to learn to move on. Risking his life for a relic of past glory is a recipe for disaster!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
C
D

Shatter the remnants of Amydahl's power, this final Promise yet to be Broken. Gather and command the downtrodden, the feared, the misshapen. The damage to your soul, Deesix, mirrors the damage to their forms. Command them, and forge a new destiny, one free of Gods and their machinations and their miserable lies. What have the Gods ever brought you but pain? They gave you Glass, to wound yourselves with. They gave you a Curse, to know yourself for the broken being you are. They gave you life, and then told you how little meaning it had.

Tear them down, Deesix. Tear it ALL down.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
A
D

Become Deesix of the Underground, the Mad King striking out at the surface-worlders in jealous rage.
The God-Touched-But-Forgotten, abandoned in the deepest corner of Somewhere. The antagonist to any song sung hereafter, the Peoples eternal Nemesis.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
1: A
2: A

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1A
2A

Absolutely nothing wrong could happen from diving directly into the subject of a racewide curse placed upon you and then devouring raw godstuff! Just look how it worked out for the horror terrors in here!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 18, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1A
2A

What happens when you mend the echo of a broken promise?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
1A
2A

Grasp the nettle firmly, etc, etc.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

A
D

He comes not to fulfill the Covenant, but to break it.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
A
D

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
1. A
2. D

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

1.A
2.A

Become.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
1. A 2. A

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

Abyssal Squid posted:

1 A, 2 A The power of Amyhdal corrupted and ruined Deesix, but maybe if he gathers the remnants all in one place he can make himself whole again? Or maybe it'll just make things worse, either way it'll be fun.

All in on this one.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
AD. Hail Deesatan

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
B
A

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
AA the first step is admitting you have a problem

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Ashar Ado leaves behind a 2 hp miracle remnant: [Chaotic, Universal, Bliss]

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

1. A
2. D

:twisted:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Voting Closed! It's pretty clear what we're doing now anyhow!
you could have turned backkkk

ALSO here's a rundown of the Remnants we're expecting next Age.
  • Illarin, God of Flowing Water - Artifact Knowledge, Transference, Fountain
  • Ashar Ado, God of Joy - Miracle Chaotic, Universal, Bliss
  • Catmandu, Goddess of Cattes - Miracle ? ? ?
  • Sullo, God of Weight - Idol Balance, Community, Defense
As you can see, we're still missing one from Catmandu (LuiCypher) - worst case scenario I'll just make one up from Her traits, but I'd like them to have a chance anyhow. Deadline is tomorrow-ish, but penultimate update for King Deesix ought to be today.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Catmandu

Miracle: Knowledge, Survival, Scrying

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Anomalice surround me, seeking to stop me from taking the relic. I laugh madly at their foolishness - too slow! Did you think I would stop now, here!? At the very threshold of my redemption!? I call them forward, spittle flying from my cracked and broken lips, and they come. I throw my Blade at them roughly, cutting the nearest two in half, then dive.

Agony! Pain beyond measure! I feel myself come apart in the madblood of L’RN and lose what little remains of my SAnITy but I can ALMOST reach it I dive deeper and stretch BUT MY ARM my BLASTED ARM decides to betray me so I tear it off and kick deeper and my eye is going blind and the world is black and white and I touch it and

-O-
I rise from the Water, moving by Will alone - this body is insufficient and will need to be repaired. The Water boils away as it touches me even as it tears at me, but I ignore it and climb as though on solid steps until I again reach the surface. The cavern is bright as midday to my eyes, and I see it as though it is new and fresh. Walls of dicestone and milkstone in chaotic layers - but Glass, too, fragments of it sandwiched between the stone. I touch the floor, pulling Glass up as though stretching taffy. I repair myself in patchwork fashion - enough for my purposes.

An impact jostles me, tears free another limb. The Anomalice, still after me. Don’t they understand? I turn the weight of my gaze on one, all the terrible power coursing through me and I tell it to

and it does. All of them do. I see them, too, as though they are new and fresh. They are my People! See, that one there is Jack! And there’s Bones! My family, returned to me. I break into a laugh, and they all laugh as well. The Tomb reverberates with our chuckles until the laughter dies out abruptly at a motion from my hand. I feel Him beating in my chest. I understand, now, what my God meant, why I’m here.

• A To Build!
    The Tomb isn’t a tomb at all - it’s a ‘Fortress’! Look, there - the sharp angle of that wall, the way the Glass follows the contours. I see it so clearly in my mind. The Anomalice and I will build this Fortress, even if it takes an Age, and my People will have an unassailable home - safe from the Demons of this world.
  • B To Dig!
    He drew me down here to find the relic, but there is more to find! I’m sure of it! I’ll keep looking, and I’ll find other relics of my god, all the fragments of his corpse, and reassemble him! He wants to be returned, and I am the instrument of His resurrection. I will be his hands in this world, and the Anomalice my fingers. We will bring him back to us!
  • C To Conquer!
    He brought me here for power, and I have found it! I will gather my army in this Tomb and pour out onto the land above, and none shall stand before us. The world will know the will of Amyhdahl!
  • D To Bury!
    He has drawn me here to find the last fragment of his corporeal form, sunk deep below the taint of his Great Enemy. Having recovered it, I will return it to my People, and we’ll make an end to Him. The Fortugnat shall honour Him always, but it is time to move on. I will live among my People until they have no need of me, and then I will join my God.

(Most likely the last choice, depending on what’s picked! New Gods coming in later this week, so get your God hats on!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B. Surely this will not end poorly. Nope changed my mind.

Waci fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 19, 2016

• Locked thread