Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

VideoGames posted:

You are all very welcome! :)

I knew I did right when I seriously entertained your question in the Fallout 4 thread, before you gained this power. You are a good person and, thus, a good mod. :)

e: Catte snype pic that fits how I picture you

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
Stimsis will be pleased.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

http://banditloaf.livejournal.com/106400.html

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ben has updated his live journal and TRIPLED DOWN on not deleting it.

Also he has never hated anyone.

Apart from the old black dude who he wished ill immediately after his death from cancer.

CIG: ASK FOR A REFUND FROM WHOEVER YOU ARE PAYING TO MANAGE THIS.

(I hope you get denied)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
cool now we've got a thread title to commemorate the time a guy tried to do that thing noted forum poster wayne gretzky did only it was worse, less funny and less successful in every way

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
This has turned from ridiculous to absurd. A triple-down?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Marching Powder posted:

cool now we've got a thread title to commemorate the time a guy tried to do that thing noted forum poster wayne gretzky did only it was worse, less funny and less successful in every way

Yeah well maybe if we all posted our scrotums instead of bitching about all the guys posting their scrotums, this thread would be a 5 again.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Pictured: not making a game

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mr.Tophat posted:

Not ridiculous in the slightest, they hired KFC's marketing manager to do their spin

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:eyepop:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah well maybe if we all posted our scrotums instead of bitching about all the guys posting their scrotums, this thread would be a 5 again.

nah to be true to the rest of the thread we have to be salty about it for the next ~100 pages or so

or until CIG's next hilarious fuckup, which should be imminent

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I hate it when people take my sexually suggestive comments about 10 year olds out of context.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

dans posted:

that isn't his first site, he had it up on one of our friends' servers in the late 90s, then he moved it to the wcnews server in 99, then I guess he moved it in 2003. Shoulda just let it die, LOAF.

So what does LOAF stand for? Is the "L" for Lord?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I hate this shitshow as much as the next guy but can you imagine if you are busy working on what you view to be the main event/most important part of the game and some dweeb keeps mewling about some stupid ship that is completely irrelevant to what you are doing

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

runsamok posted:

I really dug the suits in IBO & 00, but I'm also more partial to UC than anything else. I'd love to see something done with the great mechanical designs in Advance Of Zeta.

Turn A is kooky and a lot of fun, I dig the entire series inside & out a lot.

Wing is terrible, terrible, terrible. G is vaguely innocently racist super robot trash :P

SEED is good, Destiny not so much, but both are much improved through the remaster. SEED hasn't aged well regardless though. It's veeerrry 2002 anime.

Unicorn is awesome (except the last half of Ep 7) & I'm enjoying RE0096 as it's being redone. I've seen Unicorn enough that the additions & cuts are readily apparent & that's making it fun for me.

I love the Unicorn designs, it's just a shame the MG kits are so wretched to make. This gently caress face was a nightmare made worse by the gold chrome coating, and that's coming from someone who enjoyed building the oldschool PG Zaku...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

it is if you tweet about it for the purposes of harassment!

I only tweet for the purposes of harassment and/or shilling

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
me reading the star citizen thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPaEdvCs1C8

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
10 for the Chairman: Episode 83
Apr 18, 2016 @ 14:14

Q: I had my wings shot off in the "baby PU" (ok ok... I actually crashed into something) and my guns went with them. Will I have to buy new guns every time this happens when the game "goes live"?

A: So that is a pretty, eh... GOOD QUESTION, these are all the kind of... LOVELY EDGE CASES that come up with, ah... with, ah, sort of the LIFETIME INSURANCE or the INSURANCE SETUP... ahhm, so... but GENERALLY if you DAMAGE your ship and you're flying out there and you go and... ah... you have to go and get it REPAIRS... you have to PAY to repair it, and... TYPICALLY... just like it would be in the real world if you like DRIVE and you get your car MESSED UP and uh... the WHEEL GOES AND STUFF then... aahhh... you know... you... have to... PAY to get that WHEEL REPAIRED or whatever... but, um... you know... if, ah, DEPENDING on what KIND of insurance because don't forget we're also gonna sell uh... besides the basic sort of HULL INSURANCE which is the NORMAL INSURANCE and the LIFETIME INSURANCE which... covers you from catastrophic loss... uhm... there will be ADDITIONAL INSURANCE you could, say, PURCHASE for, say, ah... ITEMS or WEAPONS, if you put a CUSTOM WEAPON on your SHIP and you take it out and you... you know... got in a FIGHT and it got BLOWN UP if you have the RIGHT INSURANCE then... PERHAPS IT'LL PAY OUT but... THAT kind of insurance will obviously act a lot like a... you know... REAL INSURANCE would... so it's not sort of BLIND if you go back and you make CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM of course your RATES are gonna GO UP and at some point they may not want to insure you any more, cos uh... you know the one thing that we have to JUGGLE on the whole idea of... you know your SHIP actually being something that you know you wanna hold onto and KEEP and PATCH UP and REPAIR... and our sort of INSURANCE SETUP is that we don't want people to abuse the system, we don't want people to just go and... ah... you know... DESTROY like "oh look I've lost a wing so I'm just gonna suicide into a rock now", and get an INSURANCE CLAIM to get a brand new ship back and not pay for the repair.

Ah...so... you know... we ARE going to work in... SYSTEMS that will sort of try to watch out for that and you know people aren't gonna be able to sort of just... CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM and get a ship instantly back, and so there'll be... SOME PENALTIES for going... ah... you know... basically loosing your SHIP and insurance COVERS it but you know if it starts happening TOO LONG, maybe it takes a while for you to get your next SHIP, maybe, you know, there's a little extra SCRUTINY, cos what we don't wanna do is... you know... people USE it to ABUSE the system which... YOU GUYS have come up with a THOUSAND different... uhm... ahh... you know... kind of SCENARIOS that are never gonna happen... ah... it's one of the good things about sort of having the ALPHA STAGE it's why we're... we're... gonna do ALPHA UEC when... the SHOPPING the PERSISTENCE up there and a lot of this stuff is that... a lot of this kind of DYNAMICS we'll start to experiment with the FUNCTIONALITY of like how the INSURANCE and how you would RESPAWN and all the rest of the STUFF... during the sort of... ALPHA you know, MINI PEE EWE... kinda basis... ahm... and of course we're gonna ADJUST IT as it sort of evelop... develops... that's WHY we really wanna have, you know, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of you PLAYING it cos it's... WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER... aahh... WAY to test it out and see what works and what doesn't work compared to, you know JUST THE DEV TEAM DOING IT, cos you just don't have enough... PEOPLE and you're just sort of set in a certain mindset and we... I mean... you... you... you guys can see it every time we take something (mumble) PTU and even something LIVE... there are BUGS or EXPLOITS that show up that the DEV TEAM never even CONSIDERED, that the QA TEAM never came across... mostly because you know, we... we're set in a certain way and the QA TEAM'S... you know... it's a PRETTY BIG QA TEAM NOW cos... you know it's a HUGE GAME and a HUGE UNIVERSE and it gives you LOTS OF STUFF TO BE DONE so...

We will be sort of working on EXACTLY these things as... you know... some of the KEY GAME MECHANICS that sort of I talked about, ah, that I think, you know, can be really interesting... ah... but I'm not... STUPID enough to say... "it's DEFINITELY gonna work EXACTLY this way", cos... you know... you've gotta get it out there LIVE and play around and when it's ALPHA UEC and... you know, we can reset people's accounts and no one's really lost anything at that point, so HOPEFULLY with all YOU GUY'S HELP and playing it we'll come up with something that is like a really nice balance between, ah, you know, making you wanna hold onto your stuff and care about your character and care about your ship and not... SILLILY blow it up or sacrifice it... but also, not be the other extreme were it's not, you know, FRUSTRATING that you have to start from SCRATCH every time you go out and some PIRATE shoots you up, uhm

So those are all... uuhhrr... those are all things that uh... we will work on together... and that's the beauty of... the... sort of... MINNIE PEE EWE cycle that we're doing

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 19, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yes, tripling down on your racism and sexism and pedophilic comments while leaving them up will surely de-escalate things

It's so easy, why didn't we think of that

I wonder if that took Ben eight hours to write like his idol

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Ben is tripling down, TNA is being bought by neo-nazis, the NY primary is tomorrow, and Jon Jones is fighting this weekend

there's so many glorious trainwrecks going on we might as well call this Death Rode The Rails Week

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

"I'm really a good guy."

You know, through all of this despite myself I've still felt bad for Ben, but that "Sorry not sorry" response is bullshit.

DAMN IM HUNGRY
Apr 2, 2016
"Wow, I called a LeWhore 'not an idiot' :( TC, hold me down. Trelane, beat me mercilessly. Wait, let me find out what kind of anime boobs I have first. "
- so sayeth the Book of LOAF

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SomethingJones posted:

Q: I had my wings shot off in the "baby PU" (ok ok... I actually crashed into something) and my guns went with them. Will I have to buy new guns every time this happens when the game "goes live"?

A: So that is a pretty, eh... GOOD QUESTION, these are all the kind of... LOVELY EDGE CASES that come up with, ah... with, ah, sort of the LIFETIME INSURANCE or the INSURANCE SETUP... ahhm, so... but GENERALLY if you DAMAGE your ship and you're flying out there and you go and... ah... you have to go and get it REPAIRS... you have to PAY to repair it, and... TYPICALLY... just like it would be in the real world if you like DRIVE and you get your car MESSED UP and uh... the WHEEL GOES AND STUFF then... aahhh... you know... you... have to... PAY to get that WHEEL REPAIRED or whatever... but, um... you know... if, ah, DEPENDING on what KIND of insurance because don't forget we're also gonna sell uh... besides the basic sort of HULL INSURANCE which is the NORMAL INSURANCE and the LIFETIME INSURANCE which... covers you from catastrophic loss... uhm... there will be ADDITIONAL INSURANCE you could, say, PURCHASE for, say, ah... ITEMS or WEAPONS, if you put a CUSTOM WEAPON on your SHIP and you take it out and you... you know... got in a FIGHT and it got BLOWN UP if you have the RIGHT INSURANCE then... PERHAPS IT'LL PAY OUT but... THAT kind of insurance will obviously act a lot like a... you know... REAL INSURANCE would... so it's not sort of BLIND if you go back and you make CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM after CLAIM of course your RATES are gonna GO UP and at some point they may not want to insure you any more, cos uh... you know the one thing that we have to JUGGLE on the whole idea of... you know your SHIP actually being something that you know you wanna hold onto and KEEP and PATCH UP and REPAIR... and our sort of INSURANCE SETUP is that we don't want people to abuse the system, we don't want people to just go and... ah... you know... DESTROY like "oh look I've lost a wing so I'm just gonna suicide into a rock now", and get an INSURANCE CLAIM to get a brand new ship back and not pay for the repair.

Ah...so... you know... we ARE going to work in... SYSTEMS that will sort of try to watch out for that and you know people aren't gonna be able to sort of just... CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM and get a ship instantly back, and so there'll be... SOME PENALTIES for going... ah... you know... basically loosing your SHIP and insurance COVERS it but you know if it starts happening TOO LONG, maybe it takes a while for you to get your next SHIP, maybe, you know, there's a little extra SCRUTINY, cos what we don't wanna do is... you know... people USE it to ABUSE the system which... YOY GUYS have come up with a THOUSAND different... uhm... ahh... you know... kind of SCENARIOS that are never gonna happen... ah... it's one of the good things about sort of having the ALPHA STAGE it's why we're... we're... gonna do ALPHA UEC when... the SHOPPING the PERSISTENCE up there and a lot of this stuff is that... a lot of this kind of DYNAMICS we'll start to experiment with the FUNCTIONALITY of like how the INSURANCE and how you would RESPAWN and all the rest of the STUFF... during the sort of... ALPHA you know, MINI PEE EWE... kinda basis... ahm... and of course we're gonna ADJUST IT as it sort of evelop... develops... that's WHY we really wanna have, you know, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of you PLAYING it cos it's... WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER... aahh... WAY to test it out and see what works and what doesn't work compared to, you know JUST THE DEV TEAM DOING IT, cos you just don't have enough... PEOPLE and you're just sort of set in a certain mindset and we... I mean... you... you... you guys can see it every time we take something (mumble) PTU and even something LIVE... there are BUGS or EXPLOITS that show up that the DEV TEAM never even CONSIDERED, that the QA TEAM never came across... mostly because you know, we... we're set in a certain way and the QA TEAM'S... you know... it's a PRETTY BIG QA TEAM NOW cos... you know it's a HUGE GAME and a HUGE UNIVERSE and it gives you LOTS OF STUFF TO BE DONE so...

We will be sort of working on EXACTLY these things as... you know... some of the KEY GAME MECHANICS that sort of I talked about, ah, that I think, you know, can be really interesting... ah... but I'm not... STUPID enough to say... "it's DEFINITELY gonna work EXACTLY this way", cos... you know... you've gotta get it out there LIVE and play around and when it's ALPHA UEC and... you know, we can reset people's accounts and no one's really lost anything at that point, so HOPEFULLY with all YOU GUY'S HELP and playing it we'll come up with something that is like a really nice balance between, ah, you know, making you wanna hold onto your stuff and care about your character and care about your ship and not... SILLILY blow it up or sacrifice it... but also, not be the other extreme were it's not, you know, FRUSTRATING that you have to start from SCRATCH every time you go out and some PIRATE shoots you up, uhm

So those are all... uuhhrr... those are all things that uh... we will work on together... and that's the beauty of... the... sort of... MINNIE PEE EWE cycle that we're doing

:allears:

So if star citizen was a game all you'd need to do to make people feel grief was bump into them so their wing fell off, and then poof, up go their space insurance premiums.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr.Tophat posted:

When there is a choice to be made between a sane and sensible course of action and… oh, not anything remotely like that, you can always trust CIG key staff to pick the latter. It's not Ben's fault — he's obviously just a product of his environment.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jason Sextro posted:

nah to be true to the rest of the thread we have to be salty about it for the next ~100 pages or so

or until CIG's next hilarious fuckup, which should be imminent

Well I do like the idea that someone somewhere is really upset about a partial picture of some dude's beanbag.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

It's okay, guys.
It's not racist, it's just ASCII jokes.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tortolia posted:

I wonder if that took Ben eight hours to write like his idol

It's way more coherent than anything Crobs wrote. For one he didn't start rambling about that topic that gets you probated or make any completely impotent threats to sue

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Solomonic posted:

Ben is tripling down, TNA is being bought by neo-nazis, the NY primary is tomorrow, and Jon Jones is fighting this weekend

there's so many glorious trainwrecks going on we might as well call this Death Rode The Rails Week

WHAT?? :psyduck:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mirificus posted:

Directory contents from: http://www.wcnews.com/loaf/funstuff/lj/. Note the timestamps and yes, those are Kerri-Lee photos.

I'll just put these somewhere safe before I marry my wife.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Ah...so... you know... we ARE going to work in... SYSTEMS that will sort of try to watch out for that and you know people aren't gonna be able to sort of just... CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM and get a ship instantly back, and so there'll be... SOME PENALTIES for going... ah... you know... basically loosing your SHIP and insurance COVERS it but you know if it starts happening TOO LONG, maybe it takes a while for you to get your next SHIP, maybe, you know, there's a little extra SCRUTINY, cos what we don't wanna do is... you know... people USE it to ABUSE the system which... YOU GUYS have come up with a THOUSAND different... uhm... ahh... you know... kind of SCENARIOS that are never gonna happen... ah... it's one of the good things about sort of having the ALPHA STAGE it's why we're... we're... gonna do ALPHA UEC when... the SHOPPING the PERSISTENCE up there and a lot of this stuff is that... a lot of this kind of DYNAMICS we'll start to experiment with the FUNCTIONALITY of like how the INSURANCE and how you would RESPAWN and all the rest of the STUFF... during the sort of... ALPHA you know, MINI PEE EWE... kinda basis... ahm... and of course we're gonna ADJUST IT as it sort of evelop... develops... that's WHY we really wanna have, you know, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of you PLAYING it cos it's... WAY WAY WAY WAY BETTER... aahh... WAY to test it out and see what works and what doesn't work compared to, you know JUST THE DEV TEAM DOING IT, cos you just don't have enough... PEOPLE and you're just sort of set in a certain mindset and we... I mean... you... you... you guys can see it every time we take something (mumble) PTU and even something LIVE... there are BUGS or EXPLOITS that show up that the DEV TEAM never even CONSIDERED, that the QA TEAM never came across... mostly because you know, we... we're set in a certain way and the QA TEAM'S... you know... it's a PRETTY BIG QA TEAM NOW cos... you know it's a HUGE GAME and a HUGE UNIVERSE and it gives you LOTS OF STUFF TO BE DONE so...

I think I just had a stroke reading that

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

if Dixie doesn't raise enough money by Hitler's birthday (not a joke) the Harris bros are gonna get the company

You really should go to the PSP thread, it's a loving goldmine right now

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

I like the part where Ben says his real life friends "abandoned" him because they moved on with their lives and were not content to sit in basements filled with animal pillows and framed pictures of local newswomen.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Einbauschrank posted:

So what does LOAF stand for? Is the "L" for Lord?

I don't remember, he was already going by Bandit_LOAF when I first chatted with him

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

This is more or less the biography of the super bitter guy I met at university. His retina was detaching itself due to a genetic defect and he was already at something like -25 dioptres when we met and hit the -30 at the end of university.Though he didn't turn absurdly morbidly obese, he had a cynical demanour and didn't expect any good from the future. Appearently, the fear of gradually going blind can cause severe mental stress and a cynical outlook on life. Who whould have thought it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Star Citizen has the best chance of ever existing as some sort of broken insurance claim simulator

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

SurfaceDetail posted:

Is this like those white militia meetings where half the people there are federal agents.

More like the terror cells where 9 of 10 are FBI and they supply the bomb and the plan to one mentally disabled person.

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

:allears:

So if star citizen was a game all you'd need to do to make people feel grief was bump into them so their wing fell off, and then poof, up go their space insurance premiums.

I won't be satisfied until there are at least three competing spaceship insurance companies running constant ads on space television.

You're flying around and you bump into an asteroid. Yeah. Surprise! Your insurance company tells you to pay up again. Why pay for insurance if you have to pay even more for using it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

runsamok posted:

I really dug the suits in IBO & 00, but I'm also more partial to UC than anything else. I'd love to see something done with the great mechanical designs in Advance Of Zeta.

Turn A is kooky and a lot of fun, I dig the entire series inside & out a lot.

Wing is terrible, terrible, terrible. G is vaguely innocently racist super robot trash :P

SEED is good, Destiny not so much, but both are much improved through the remaster. SEED hasn't aged well regardless though. It's veeerrry 2002 anime.

Unicorn is awesome (except the last half of Ep 7) & I'm enjoying RE0096 as it's being redone. I've seen Unicorn enough that the additions & cuts are readily apparent & that's making it fun for me.
Wreck-Gar is a Gundam? hosed up if true.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.
I can sympathize with Ben's problems. I know what it's like getting "lost" early on in life. It's not the easiest thing to pick up from especially if you end up turning into a hermit. It's even tougher to look into the mirror and accept the fact that you're the one to be blamed for that and only you can do something about it.

I'm sure being employed by CRobberts sounds like a dream job to him but he should really distance himself from all the old obsessions if he wants to go into better direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

• Locked thread