Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Palisader posted:

I tried reading the freep thread and became bile-in-throat angry and decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm on vacation from Free Republic and the Europol threads because the refugee poo poo was killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

e: pro level trolling Nicholas I bit!

Gravity_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 19, 2016

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Risc1911 posted:

I am poo poo at trascribing but i found this very interesting:

"aehh and eehhhrrr we'll have what we -sort of- determine -sort of- a minimum viable product feature list for what we call star citizen - the commercial release..."

Notice his eyes and how he constantly checks off camera to his left. Maybe Ortwin lurking there wildly gesticulating when he starts to veer off into possible dangerous waters. Not that that has stopped him ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoHlCc4Y7E&t=1410s

I think that he want's to be the WoW killer (or EvE killer). Ok, to be fair he want's to kill pretty much every genre but it seems that for the PU he does dream about becoming the next WoW in space. I'd hate to tell him but you can't do that with fidelity. One of the biggest reasons why WoW became this big was because you could play it on a toster. The graphics where horribly outdated when it released, it was technically already 3+ years behind if not more.

We also need someone with access asking CIG about this "minimum viable feature list". I really like to know what they think they consider a commercial release.

Thanks for pointing this out. This... ho boy this is the liability shrug, some warm up finger pointing. Yes it's up to the backers how long they'll support you. some of those stretch goals obviously won't be in commercial release, what idiot thought otherwise.

God drat is anyone else's blood at a rolling boil after watching this? This is pathetic Chris, you are loving pathetic. Listen to yourself. You have been the Chief Executive of for four years, your wife has been defacto second in command, you have never once stopped asking for more money, and now.. NOW you sheepishly talk about 'uhh yeah gonna have a minimal viable feature list for Star Citizen 1.0. that slopping sound and smell of poo poo will be us delivering on our legal commitments. But the games never really done, we'll go as long as you'll let us!'. This is truly pathetic, there is no loving respect for the trust and resources people have handed to him.

Chris Roberts well earned legacy will be as owner of the most incompetent, wasteful and predatory video game project ever run. Romero your off the hook :hfive:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Lmao that Nicholas got serious replies. Lmao x10 at Derek.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Ash1138 posted:

Stretch goals stopped at $65 million.

At $112 million, Chris Roberts says they're working on having a "minimum viable product feature list" and that will not include "some of the later stretch goals."

If no one calling themselves a "game journalist" bothers to even write a story about this, then they can all go gently caress themselves forever.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Kavak posted:

I'm hoping they do a followup to Dragonspear for BG II like they seem to be implying at the end of it.

Trent Oster said that if they looked at more Infinity and Beyond Engine (My term) games, Dragonlance and Dark Sun would be up there...

Dark Sun goddamn owns. I would play the poo poo out of a modern Dark Sun game. Is there anything since Shattered Realms even for PC?

Goddamn, that was my first experience with a game where you could unknowingly gently caress yourself by doing something out of order. Amazing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Meridian posted:

Hey, what's the discord info for your channel Derek? I've never used it before and want in on that action.

https://discord.gg/0sasVA7SRFEX9raG

Login and PM me so you can get access to the supa sekret Goon infested channel that's even more of a scroll slug than this.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Nicholas posted:

Why am I a shill? Because I want this game to be made? Because I believe in Chris Roberts? How sad all your lives must be if you get joy from ruining other peoples dreams.

orcinus posted:

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

moveable shape posted:

Thanks for pointing this out. This... ho boy this is the liability shrug, some warm up finger pointing. Yes it's up to the backers how long they'll support you. some of those stretch goals obviously won't be in commercial release, what idiot thought otherwise.

God drat is anyone else's blood at a rolling boil after watching this? This is pathetic Chris, you are loving pathetic. Listen to yourself. You have been the Chief Executive of for four years, your wife has been defacto second in command, you have never once stopped asking for more money, and now.. NOW you sheepishly talk about 'uhh yeah gonna have a minimal viable feature list for Star Citizen 1.0. that slopping sound and smell of poo poo will be us delivering on our legal commitments. But the games never really done, we'll go as long as you'll let us!'. This is truly pathetic, there is no loving respect for the trust and resources people have handed to him.

Chris Roberts well earned legacy will be as owner of the most incompetent, wasteful and predatory video game project ever run. Romero your off the hook :hfive:

Transcript incoming for this

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

xiansi posted:

Motherfucker. This is great.

Went and listened to The Wall again just to remind myself how brilliant it (alright, some of it) was.

Then I hit "In the Flesh", and thought that's crying out to be a SC pisstake, but after

there's very little point. And the rest is just pure :lesnick:. If you took it 'out of context' of course.

Star Citizen: I've got some bad news for you sunshine...

:five:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Risc1911 posted:

Let's see what r/games has to say and how many shitizens will show up. The downvoting has already started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4ff0dl/starcitizen_ceo_announces_not_all_stretch_goals/

:laffo:

Tagged "misleading".

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Actually got this from leddit

NEED MOAR COKE

Fake edit: I will not timg, it detracts from the picture

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I know the perfect solution to the CIG spy problem. Move the thread to FYAD, the layout alone will protect us.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

Login and PM me so you can get access to the supa sekret Goon infested channel that's even more of a scroll slug than this.

ha ha! excellent point, man.

actually I'm just testing to see if my avatar is still the same

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

MeLKoR posted:

I know the perfect solution to the CIG spy problem. Move the thread to FYAD, the layout alone will protect us.

:suicide:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

I usually feed on Free Republic, West and East European politics, anti vaxx stuff, you know... Please don't kink shame. :blush:

Hopeless.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Donezo, thank you!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey Derek did you email Kotaku about Ben?

It would be like siccing one terrible website on another and it would be glorious to behold.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nicholas posted:

Really? Cause all I've seen since November is tremendous progress. Over the last few months they've released the PU, a bunch more flyable ships, some hanger ready ships, and more patches then most triple AAA developers put together. Plus, their procedural generation stuff is almost done, they just need to integrate it. They have one of the most advanced flight models ever developed for a game and an AI simulation so complex it's never been attempted before. All in less than 1 year of "full" development time. Explain to me how start citizen is "ruined"

Are you a troll? You have to tell me, it's the law.

E: Good. Not a lawbreaker.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Broccoli Cat posted:

ha ha! excellent point, man.

actually I'm just testing to see if my avatar is still the same

same

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Paramemetic posted:

Dark Sun goddamn owns. I would play the poo poo out of a modern Dark Sun game. Is there anything since Shattered Realms even for PC?

Goddamn, that was my first experience with a game where you could unknowingly gently caress yourself by doing something out of order. Amazing.

Dark Sun game for me too, pls, kthnxbai.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

They're doing the revisionist history thing again. The "kid" (LouisJM) he's talking about, was a teen stalking me and which I called the cops on; and filed a restraining order (against his mom, since he was a minor) against.

Thus guys. Are dumb.

e: Ho Lee poo poo!! It's still on Usenet!! https://goo.gl/EHBKbr

quote:

Since Louis's posts go directly into a kill folder, I had to go and search to

find out what the heck you were guys were talking about.
Appleby's is across from Mailboxes Etc, where I send *out* my mail and boxes
etc. This place is across the street (literally) from my home/office and I do
not have mail coming there. So his accounting of me getting my mail, is just
another of his fantasy stories. In fact, when I got there, it was packed and I
simply walked out and went to the Post Office in the Target building inside the
Sawgrass Mills Mall. It was raining and I couldn't have been there for more than
2 mins. Because of what I was wearing (I was on my way back to the house and
then out of town), I did not want to be out long enough for it to start raining
heavily.

The rest of his accounting is pure fiction. Just like all his accountings.

Further, once my attorney gets his mother in court, I'll make sure he asks her
about this incident which I suspect is, as I said, mostly fiction.

If he is stalking me, as I suspect, then the day I catch him...<enough said>. I
don't see how they could have ended up on that side of Sunrise Blvd coming from
West Palm Beach. What kind of coincidence is that for him to end up across the
street from my house (again) at a place where I spent all of 2-3 mins?

He did the same thing at the EB store in the Sawgrass Mills mall and the guys in
there told me it (and they will be interviewed by investigators soon enough)
already. He was even asking the valent parking attendant (who valets my cars
each time I go there) about me the day I was supposed to meet him there to
return the game (his suggestion and I have all the emails).

As to the reference of having a gun at home. Noted, logged and I'll be sure to
tell the DA once my meeting comes up in 10 days.

To the rest of you detractors, I sure hope you guys know what you are doing
here. This kid is a delinquent. He is pure and plain bad news. He had already
provided his home phone number on the net so do yourself a favor and just speak
to his mom. I am not telling you what to do but keep stoking this kid's ego,
knowing fully well that he does not have a *clue* who he's dealing and what he's
up against. He thinks this is all fun and games and I'm sure you guys know
better than that. This whole affair is taking a turn for the worst (my moves
toward Spookie are going to be echoed loud enough for all to hear) and as I've
said before, I'm not taking any chances and I fully intend to prosecute
offenders to the fullest extent of the law. A typical computer game costs $50,
an attorney, at least a good one, costs a lot more than that for an hour. If
this is worth playing 'the game', carry on. Me, I have assets to convert into
money and I have money and contacts. Most of all, I have nothing to lose and if
I dedicated most of my professional life to a career, you can bet your sorry rear end
that I'll commit serious dollars to prosecuting these crimes of aggression if
only to prove a point. But, don't take my word for it. Just ask Huffman because
he *knows* whats going on behind the scenes as does most of you here.

That is all.

quote:

I went and did some more research. Joe's post about the space/time continuum,
put the idea in my head.

See the time he posted? Deduct an hour and that would put him at Applebee's
around 17:27 GMT (don't have a clue why my news server displays time in GMT
format!). If the GMT time is correct, that would make it about 11am to 12pm. I
was home at the time. If the GMT is wrong and it is EST, I was already 2 hrs out
of town and checking into a hotel with my fiancee around 6pm. I know because I
got into trouble meeting her at the house at 2:30pm in order to leave for our
trip because there was a line at the post office and since I was taking the BMW
(I never take my 500SL on long drives) I had to be home to switch cars and get
it gassed and the tires checked. I was late and we didn't leave until 3.30pm or
so and got to our destination 2 hrs later than planned because in fact, I was in
such a hurry, I forgot to turn on the house alarm and close the garage for the
500SL. I had to turn back half way down the street.

If he did see me, it must have been one hell of a coincidence. But knowing
Louis's penchant for lying, only his mother will know for sure. Incidentally,
now they have a Geo? I know he admitted to lying about her owning a BMW 5 series
(along with the plane, boat and all that crap) but I didn't even know that she
could afford a car. Last time she spoke to me about getting a job, she didn't
have one.

Louis is one sick and disturbed kid and I really do pity her mother.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

orcinus posted:

All you have to do to know things are hosed is run that installer.

LOL you think anyone at CIG would ever risk getting caught doing that.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Page 1 of how many ????

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

So Romero is coming back and it's going to be cutting edge and immersive... Chris has made him look astute enough to pull this off.

http://www.pcgamer.com/john-romero-is-teasing-a-new-shooter/

Interesting times

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

MeLKoR posted:

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Paramemetic posted:

I never got to play it myself, might have to see if it's on GoG or something nowdays.

They did make a sequel for it though.. and even tried an mmorpg.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Gravity_Storm posted:

So Romero is coming back and it's going to be cutting edge and immersive... Chris has made him look astute enough to pull this off.

http://www.pcgamer.com/john-romero-is-teasing-a-new-shooter/

Interesting times

LMFAO, what is this poo poo?

quote:

Shacknews posted an interesting story on Friday about Hoxar Inc, which on the surface appears to be a tech start-up promoting a new technology called Blackroom, a holodeck-like “fully immersive experience without physical restriction,” including the need for goggles. “Hoxar has spent years innovating and pushing the boundaries of holographic technology beyond its competitors,” its website says. “Now, with the latest Hoxar DPHM Simulators, users can experience a walkable space that feels, smells, and looks like the real thing—or unreal thing, as is usually preferred.”

Hoaxar? You don't say...

e: Hahahah excellent troll.

quote:

The Blackroom truly springs to life thanks to Hoxar's unique Predictive Memory Technology (PMT), which analyses the user’s memory and constructs a simulation that is incredibly lifelike, non-predictable and responsive,” it says. “Virtual reality is but a thing of the past, thanks to Blackroom and PMT; this is a new digital reality, available soon from Hoxar, Inc.”

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Lonkface posted:

I never got to play it myself, might have to see if it's on GoG or something nowdays.

They did make a sequel for it though.. and even tried an mmorpg.

All of the Gold Box and other early D&D RPGs are on GOG now.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Mr.Tophat posted:

Quote this if you're a bona fide shill that isn't afraid to pass ironic scrutiny

Posting from the past ... I am indeed a shill, an unpaid one no less - for the Horizons MMO. It's going to be great, guys! ... :eng99:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chris Roberts will spend the rest of his life being a punchline, the man who has failed in every field he has dreamed of.

Good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dark Sun is extremely my poo poo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also gently caress it I will shill like a motherfucker if the price is right.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Quad post.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
poo poo. Waking up for a visa interview in 4 hours.
Time for dreams.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I'm going to name my firstborn Minimal Viable Product

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unlike the rest of this pathetic thread I wouldn't shill Star Citizen. I have principles on the kind of company I would sell out for.

Eat Fresh!™

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chris Roberts will spend the rest of his life being a punchline, the man who has failed in every field he has dreamed of.

Good.

Here's a question that will hopefully haunt him forever if we don't get a real answer:

Where's the money Chris?

Where the gently caress is the money Chris??

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They sure are flying back and forth from the UK to the US a lot lately.

Why is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

They sure are flying back and forth from the UK to the US a lot lately.

Why is that?

It's what successful executives and directors do.

e: alternative answer: it's harder for Chris' employees to mock him behind his back when we can physically corner them

moveable shape fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 19, 2016

• Locked thread