Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Link to the past had weaponized bees as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

10 - Animal Crossing. Jared hasn't played Animal Crossing in a long time. So long that there are weeds everywhere. It's been 640 weeks! Shaking trees can get the player rewards, like money or furniture, but sometimes - beeeess. Day ruined. You look stupid once they sting you, and the other villagers make fun of how ugly you look and how stupid you are for messing with bees.

9 - Hydlide. Jared hates this game. You need to touch the trees in order to get what you need to finish the game. But touching the wrong one and BEEESSSS! They do so much damage, and can be found right at the start of the game. You're dead. By bees.

8 - Mario Paint. Jared spent a lot of time playing this as a kid. The bees in Gnat Attack don't sting you, they release more smaller bees that are so small you can't squat them. They are bees right? They look like them.

7 - Buck Bumble. Buck Bumble is a cyborg bee who shoots lasers. How do bees become cyborg bees? Chemicals from the chemical plant. The best thing about Buck Bumble is the theme song. It's stupid and catchy and Jared loves it. Also, bee soccer is a thing.

6 - Earthbound. Jared didn't get into this as much as everyone else did. There's one party member who deals utter devestation with every move. Buzz Buzz - a bee from the future is so powerful that random encounters vanish. To anyone that says he's an alien, listen to what he says - "A bee I am, not". Oh. Shaddup!

5 - Super Mario Galaxy. Bee Mario is not a bee. He is a man in a bee suit. The gigantic Queen Bee, who has been put into Mario Kart 7 makes the list. Collecting the star pieces off of here makes Jared uncomfortable.

4 - Donkey Kong Country 2. This game loves its bees. The bee boss, King Zing Sting is better than the bee boss in Donkey Kong Country 1. The player plays as Squawks, and coughs up large coconuts onto the King's butt sword. He's terrifying because it explodes into more bees!

3 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Link can harness the power of the bees with a net and a jar. The bee will murder any enemy around Link before flying off, so he's not on this list. Instead, the Good Bee makes it because it is stronger and much more likely to stay by your side.

2 - Metal Gear Solid 3. You can use beehives to your advantage. Fighting Ocelot? Some bees will help. Even soldiers will run in fear of the bees. The Pain also uses bees as his weapon of choice. What can bees be used for? A bee wall to prevent enemies from escaping, bee snare, bee armor, or make a bee clone to confuse enemies. Then there is the ultimate attack - bee bullets that quickly drain your life. And they're still alive when they are inside Snake!

1 - Bioshock. Did he just shoot bees out of his hand!? How cool is that!? This was Jared's favorite weapon in the game, even in boss fights. In the sequel, you could turn corpses into bee bombs. Bioshock will always be known as that one game with that bee power - except for that one with the birds that wasn't as cool.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

10 - Animal Crossing. Jared hasn't played Animal Crossing in a long time. So long that there are weeds everywhere. It's been 640 weeks! Shaking trees can get the player rewards, like money or furniture, but sometimes - beeeess. Day ruined. You look stupid once they sting you, and the other villagers make fun of how ugly you look and how stupid you are for messing with bees.

9 - Hydlide. Jared hates this game. You need to touch the trees in order to get what you need to finish the game. But touching the wrong one and BEEESSSS! They do so much damage, and can be found right at the start of the game. You're dead. By bees.

8 - Mario Paint. Jared spent a lot of time playing this as a kid. The bees in Gnat Attack don't sting you, they release more smaller bees that are so small you can't squat them. They are bees right? They look like them.

7 - Buck Bumble. Buck Bumble is a cyborg bee who shoots lasers. How do bees become cyborg bees? Chemicals from the chemical plant. The best thing about Buck Bumble is the theme song. It's stupid and catchy and Jared loves it. Also, bee soccer is a thing.

6 - Earthbound. Jared didn't get into this as much as everyone else did. There's one party member who deals utter devestation with every move. Buzz Buzz - a bee from the future is so powerful that random encounters vanish. To anyone that says he's an alien, listen to what he says - "A bee I am, not". Oh. Shaddup!

5 - Super Mario Galaxy. Bee Mario is not a bee. He is a man in a bee suit. The gigantic Queen Bee, who has been put into Mario Kart 7 makes the list. Collecting the star pieces off of here makes Jared uncomfortable.

4 - Donkey Kong Country 2. This game loves its bees. The bee boss, King Zing Sting is better than the bee boss in Donkey Kong Country 1. The player plays as Squawks, and coughs up large coconuts onto the King's butt sword. He's terrifying because it explodes into more bees!

3 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Link can harness the power of the bees with a net and a jar. The bee will murder any enemy around Link before flying off, so he's not on this list. Instead, the Good Bee makes it because it is stronger and much more likely to stay by your side.

2 - Metal Gear Solid 3. You can use beehives to your advantage. Fighting Ocelot? Some bees will help. Even soldiers will run in fear of the bees. The Pain also uses bees as his weapon of choice. What can bees be used for? A bee wall to prevent enemies from escaping, bee snare, bee armor, or make a bee clone to confuse enemies. Then there is the ultimate attack - bee bullets that quickly drain your life. And they're still alive when they are inside Snake!

1 - Bioshock. Did he just shoot bees out of his hand!? How cool is that!? This was Jared's favorite weapon in the game, even in boss fights. In the sequel, you could turn corpses into bee bombs. Bioshock will always be known as that one game with that bee power - except for that one with the birds that wasn't as cool.

what the gently caress this this

http://projared.wikia.com/wiki/Top_Ten_Bees_in_Video_Games! what the gently caress is this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I googled "list of bees in video games."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Or "list of video games with bee weapons" or something.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
What if bees were intolerant of hornets?
What if bees were made of smaller bees?
What if bees were made out of BIGGER bees?
What if you picked up a phone and instead of a phone it was bees?
What if there was a photo of bees?
What if there were a bunch of bees on a plane?
What if the dinosaurs were killed by bees?
What if the dinosaurs WERE bees?
What if your Facebook beecomes infested with bees?
What if bees hacked your Facebook?
What if someone wrote on your wall about bees?
What if cats vomited bees?
What if bees could travel through paintings?
What if bees was a science and was subject to bee review?
What if bees are contagious?
What if there was a bee gun?
What if you forgot to reload the bee gun?
What if the computer monitor could produce bees?
What if bees start demanding civil rights?
What if the Magna Carta has been bees the whole time?
What if rabbits swore allegiance to the bees?
What if Chinese bees?
What if Japanese schoolgirl bees?
What if bees were four-dimensional?
What if bees were time-travelers?
What if time travel turns you into bees?
What if time travel requires bees?
What if you could replace explosions with bees?
What if instead of movies there were bees?
What if you could buy bees on the black market?
What if bees are accepted as payment in Hawaii?
What if instead of throwing beeads on Mardi Gras you threw bees?
What if bees wrote a travelogue?
What if the travelogue was just bees?
What if you eloped with bees?
What if you served refreshments to bees?
What if someone mentions bees?
What if bees formed a religion?
What if that religion involved clockwork bees?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

corn in the bible posted:

what the gently caress this this

http://projared.wikia.com/wiki/Top_Ten_Bees_in_Video_Games! what the gently caress is this

I like projared, but why does he have a wiki.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Nasgate posted:

Your research sucked anyways, both bioshock game and mgs 3 featured weaponized hornets/wasps

hmm, do i believe the pain who calls them bees, or you, who is a clown, and a baby

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm sorry that was rude, i just love mgs3 so much

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alien rage was good but got a little samey after a while, that's to be expected from a b-tier FPS tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

new ps4 mandated to be fully compatible according to rumors. no "project neo" (lol) only games allowed.
games to ship with 2 sets of display settings. probably gonna not be worth it for a while unless you have a 4k tv or have to have a stable 30 fps (cause i bet you aren't going to get 60 on there in most AAA games when devs can just make it prettier and smoother and call it a day considering both units are going to be in the same mp matches and that would lead to much whining im sure)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

otoh it's rumored to be $399 so if you're waiting on a ps4 maybe just get that one when it's out. or maybe original ps4 will get a price drop

either way it sounds like N64 Expansion Pack for Playstation

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it'll be as useful as the new 3ds

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I like projared, but why does he have a wiki.

Is this the kind of goddamn bullshit that's popular with the kids these days

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sega 32X CD

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

It'll have a nub that's useful for monster hunter?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

raditts posted:

Is this the kind of goddamn bullshit that's popular with the kids these days
raditts i have nieces and nephews i know what is popular with the kids. it's videos of other people playing with toys on youtube

not let's plays, not video games, toys

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Coming to PlayStation 4:

This poo poo

http://youtu.be/y2J98CvVau4

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

theultimo posted:

Coming to PlayStation 4:

This poo poo

http://youtu.be/y2J98CvVau4

I think you linked the wrong link, friend.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think you linked the wrong link, friend.
he's saying the regular ps4 versions of games going forward will run like total poo poo

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh okay.

Don't mind me, I'm bad at context.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

he's saying the regular ps4 versions of games going forward will run like total poo poo

maybe in 2 years but most stuff in the pipe through 2017 will have been made for the base model only and run like poo poo all on its own, not because of a new sku

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

raditts i have nieces and nephews i know what is popular with the kids. it's videos of other people playing with toys on youtube

not let's plays, not video games, toys

No it's definitely people playing minecraft and making stupid voices. Also some couple named pat and Jen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

One of my nephews was watching a lets play of yoshi's wooly world but it was a dad and son playing it so that's probably a key difference

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

No it's definitely people playing minecraft and making stupid voices. Also some couple named pat and Jen.

I am almost 100% certain the most popular video on youtube is something that looks like it's got titties in the thumbnails but actually features very little titties and is mostly someone talking to their webcam.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My son did stumble upon some videos of people opening toy boxes. Not playing with them. Just opening them. These videos get millions of views, they post dozens a week.

That is a weird rabbit hole of internet to go down.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that's another genre is just people talking about the toys they have and not even playing with them.

also this http://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAM%253D&q=grocery+haul

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Neo: whoa

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sources-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed-ne/1100-5437/

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I said i thought it was tone def. even though i think the boss is just using to justify all the horrors the rikers do. Its more that gamesradar is doing it, I expect it from the verge or polygon/killscreen/vice/gawker. I go to gameradar for bland news and maybe some leaks and reviews. Not wannabee media criticism. The article makes it out that every enemies in the game is some misunderstood innocent that is totaly unarmed and that you then ruthlessly execute. I can easily understand people critisims about the "rioters" but really the rikers. they are all armed and shooting at you or other people.
Everyone should do it. More often.

I mean the only thing that sets The Division apart from a thousand other other coop cover shootmans is the hackneyed and tone deaf ripped from the headlines sociopolitical content. It's good that people are noticing that.

Plus you know they probably didn't get that far in the game before they had to get their original review out, so here it is in a follow up.

New 3ds has 3d that actually works if you tilt it more than a millimeter so it owns.

Jordan7hm posted:

My son did stumble upon some videos of people opening toy boxes. Not playing with them. Just opening them. These videos get millions of views, they post dozens a week.

Nah this makes perfect sense given that consumerism is all about the desire and anticipation and acquisition of consumer goods, not the actual use thereof.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 19, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So I fired up The Division a few minutes ago and was killed instantly. I figured it was a glitch. Not so, apparently you can hide in the scenery somehow and noaim shoot people. I went to ubisoftd forums to see if there was problems.

:catstare:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division

I have a bad track record of picking games lately. Only good ones I picked in the last 2 years are stardew valley and banished.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lime Tonics posted:

I have a bad track record of picking games lately. Only good ones I picked in the last 2 years are stardew valley and banished.

At least stardew valley is really good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this boss is bullshit, as is ayane's ludicrous outfit

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

One of my nephews was watching a lets play of yoshi's wooly world but it was a dad and son playing it so that's probably a key difference

Our your nephew's parents divorced? because that would step up the depressing factor even more.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Our your nephew's parents divorced? because that would step up the depressing factor even more.
no. its not depressing it's just the next natural step after our generation got hooked on watching people play games. naturally the new generation of younguns watch people playing with toys. generation after that, surrogate mom youtubes of baby talking into a webcam and jingling keys

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Thanks for making me feel sick with your words.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

no. its not depressing it's just the next natural step after our generation got hooked on watching people play games. naturally the new generation of younguns watch people playing with toys. generation after that, surrogate mom youtubes of baby talking into a webcam and jingling keys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrKFYVPquY

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jordan7hm posted:

people make these for taking their copies of videogames out of the package and stuff, especially special editions

tons of people watch them

I don't get it even wrt the consumer society thing

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

oddium posted:

hmm, do i believe the pain who calls them bees, or you, who is a clown, and a baby

I could've sworn a codec or the pain referred to them as hornets. If they are bees that's hosed up because bees lose their stingers and die.

Also hornets are cooler because they're the closest of all hymenoptera formicidae to their rad ancestors.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zombies' Downfall posted:

people make these for taking their copies of videogames out of the package and stuff, especially special editions

tons of people watch them

I don't get it even wrt the consumer society thing

I can do one better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

way to know about DSP

• Locked thread