Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Fukken :laffo: at the aliens that just kinda tip over when they get shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

lol gg sperglords got that nintendo lady fired but probably wont touch this because they are all a bunch of bens themselves

Thats because Nintendo is like a real company with an HR dept. and not a scam to bilk suckers.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

JB50 posted:

Thats because Nintendo is like a real company with an HR dept. and not a scam to bilk suckers.

I sometimes forget that Sandi is both head of marketing, head of HR, and wife of the CEO. Makes you think.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Wing Commander: bad movie or worst movie?

worst movie :lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
:sigh: It's going to be a lot of work for us mods to ban every single poster in this thread......but worth it imho

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

8 track betamax posted:

:sigh: It's going to be a lot of work for us mods to ban every single poster in this thread......but worth it imho

I am reporting for deskeletonisation.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

8 track betamax posted:

Can we at least post our scrotes first? :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nice OP, but does the thread turn into insane internet detectiving mixed with garner gape discussion on page three or should I actually read the whole thread?

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Paladinus posted:

Nice OP, but does the thread turn into insane internet detectiving mixed garner gape discussion on page three or should I actually read the whole thread?

Yes.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

8 track betamax posted:

You shouldn't say things like that. As another said, we might just start mass posting our scrotes in defiance of Sandi Gardiner at CIG, so it's something worth getting banned over.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

8 track betamax posted:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

8 track betamax posted:

The worst kind of banning.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

kingcom posted:

The worst kind of banning.

Each probation triples every second.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

CrazyLoon posted:

You shouldn't say things like that. As another said, we might just start mass posting our scrotes in defiance of Sandi Gardiner at CIG, so it's something worth getting banned over.

holy...what the gently caress? you guys are nuts!! XD

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
These games posters are a skittish bunch!

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

8 track betamax posted:

Wasn't there some kind of ban dependent on the release of Duke Nukem Forever? Perhaps The release of SC could replace that.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Who what now? I would like to go on record to say that Bens the world over do not support this fat piece of poo poo.

Thank you for your time.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
mods knew

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ibogaine posted:

Isn't the bridge of the ship like that of a submarine? And there is even this woot-woot diving sound?

that's really hosed up, wing commander should be more like an aircraft carrier bridge. because it's an aircraft carrier in space.

SelenicMartian posted:

At one point Sandi dumped three crates of donuts on the table in front of Ben & the spouse during their live stream.
Later they edited that bit out from the YT video with a very visible cut.

wait, which spouse? chris roberts? or does ben have a wife that also works on nepotism???

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You were completely right and I don't regret my decision.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wait, which spouse? chris roberts? or does ben have a wife that also works on nepotism???

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

just gonna quote to bring it all into focus instead of blowing up my laptop and tables...

e: :stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
If only those poor children ran from Ben Lesnyk as fast as Games posters run from ban threats......

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I"M BACK!

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/722423517174566912?lang=en

https://twitter.com/SpaceToasterSA/status/722434893247094784?lang=en

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Good thing shes got a couple packs of double stuf't oreos on her desk for a presnack snack

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, OP. We've heard enough about Ben's racist views, can you tell us about yours now?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Hey, OP. We've heard enough about Ben's racist views, can you tell us about yours now?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

gingrich
May 26, 2007

i'm the osiris of this shit

oy vey

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Cross posting from the Star Citizen thread:

:siren:EFFORT POST::siren:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Timeline from very weak googling:

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

Ben makes one apology in the April 16th LJ update:

quote:

Hello! I see folks have dug up my old Livejournal to troll me about. I’d like to start by issuing a sincere apology to any of the folks who had to read through all this to find the juicy bits: it’s pretty tepid!

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

Ben Lesnick, April 16, 2016:

quote:

My escape was my buddies I knew through the Wing Commander community; they were the guys still around when my friends from high school went off and got lives of their own. We were typical obnoxious geeks, confident we had it all figured out and everyone else on the planet was a @#$%&!. We idolized Something Awful and that whole burgeoning internet humor culture, pretended we were Lowtax (without the audience!) I’m sure some of that comes across here; it's in-jokes belonging to old friends and terrible ideas all the way down. :)

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

quote:

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, anger! When I think back to the early 00s, I just remember being angry and that’s the thing I really regret. I was angry about what I felt was my lot in life, I was angry about the world passing me by… and I was angry about all the other things that Americans were upset about in 2001. I picked a lot of stupid fights on message boards, I am sure I said dumb things and I know I built my politics around having something to fight about… and I know I thought things back then that seem abhorrent to me now

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

Ben Lesnick, April 18, 2016:

quote:

yes, I thought cartoon anime women were hot… when I was 17.

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

quote:

[Feb. 28th, 2002|08:58 am]
It was early 1991 and my greatest love was World War II fighter games... I was getting ready to move to France, but I was adamant that Aces of the Pacific would be released before I left (it wasn't -- MobyGames says it took another year) because my parents had promised me they'd buy it for me. At one of many (many, many, many) visits to Electronics Boutique to pester the poor clerk about the release date my dad suggested I get Wing Commander instead

quote:

[Mar. 11th, 2002|10:36 am]
Spring break! Sort of! No school this week... but for some ungodly reason they still require support staff to work Monday through Thursday. So I'm going to sit in my office listening to John Prine CDs and doing nothing for a while.

quote:

[Apr. 5th, 2002|02:40 pm]
Trelane found some of the Kerri-Lee pictures he took for me... they're online here. Sweet fix...

Cross one point off my list!

quote:

[Apr. 12th, 2002|10:06 pm]
I don't know whether or not to be really, really excited or embarassed about this. At least the ship designs are... freakishly accurate. It's in Vol. 46 (March 1993) of Nintendo Power, if you want one. And lets face it, you secretly do.

I stuck a whole bunch of consoles together! I bought one of those nifty mini-Playstations and hooked up my 3DO... so I have a SNES, a SegaCD, a 3DO and a PSOne all attached to my TV. I just need a CD32 to have the full WC-console experience... and that's in the works! (I also want to replace the SegaCD with a far smaller CDX... they're far cheaper than I thought and it'd look cooler).

quote:

[Apr. 21st, 2002|10:49 am]
For my birthday, my sister created me an entire eco-system of "Abstract Fish". It's the strangest thing I've ever seen... and here it is:

quote:

[Apr. 27th, 2002|06:17 pm]
I took my sister to the Spring Fair at Sherwood Elementary. Those fair games are way easier when you're three times older than the people they're designed for! We won lots of stuffed animals and gooey plastic rats and stuff... and a whole pile of metal rings with dollar signs on them. Now I can make a fist and go "bling bling" with near-impunity. Amazingly, the playground did still have the dragon thing.

Then I slept for the rest of the day, and now I have nothing to do.

quote:

[Jan. 2nd, 2003|08:38 am]
Christmas was pretty great. My mom got me the giant pinecone I asked for! And Si and Gavin got me a box of "things that shouldn't exist", including packets of squid paste, a rubber three-headed dog, Star Trek "photonovels" from the seventies and a stuffed shark that says "I'm a Hammerhead Shark! I make no sound!" when you squeeze it.

Also, I got a GameCube... which means I have to act more like Frosty henceforth.

Major Accomplishments:

Saw Two Towers... in Olney. Went with John, and we brought Charlotte... who's now seen the movie three times. It's pretty cool that there's a movie she can enjoy in the same manner people saw Star Wars twenty-five years ago.

quote:

[Apr. 21st, 2003|09:43 am]
I've once again caught up with arch-foe Trelane once again: as of Saturday I'm 22.

Went to a baseball game on Friday. I never feel like going to games, but it's always fun once you get there. Had really great seats, three rows in right off of third base. O's beat the Devil Rays 9-7 (and scored eight of those nine in the second inning). Apparently BJ Surhoff is an Oriole again, which is amazingly great.

Grilled burgers on Saturday for my birthday! My parents gave me a nice little Digital Camera and a variety of fish paraphenalia (crab and lobster candle holders! Time for a romantic candle-lit dinner!). Watched a bunch of Season 2 X-Files episodes, played Pokemon and tried to wait up for Si to come home. Fell asleep.

Went to some kind of crazy Easter brunch buffet dealy in Rockville with the extended family on Sunday. Food was great, but it was really eerie because there was no one else there. The family came home and had dinner at our house. Way too much food -- and way, way too much human interaction.

quote:

[Apr. 26th, 2004|08:04 am]
I'm 23; the last time I was 23 I helped save the universe. That's about as pseudo-psychological as I'm willing to get - thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday! (And if you didn't, I'll eat your dreams.)

My birthday was fun. We had a neat fish cake and I skipped work on monday to go lounge on the beach. Ate Grotto pizza and got a floppy beanbag fish. All very idyllic.

I'm going to Boston!

quote:

[Jun. 1st, 2005|11:49 pm]
It's been an eventful several weeks! Finals ended with a whimper -- my biggest stress was that I didn't feel I was stressed enough. I did well again -- three A's and a B. I'm back in Maryland now, but I've been doing some traveling and generally relaxing.

As promised in my last update, I did indeed join Si in line for Episode III several days before the movie started. My good chum Frosty, a founding member of the 8,000 Club, took the train down from Old Saybrook to join in too.

The line was quite a lot of fun: we played board games (Episode 2 Epic Battles!), watched the first two movies (plus Clone Wars and the Holiday Special), played X-Box games and dealt with the ordinary array of onlookers and local media outlets. NBC4 opened one of their segments with me sleeping on the groud...

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

quote:

What made me stop being so angry? Life, I guess. I went back to school after a few years of being a townie, ended up with a couple of liberal arts degrees. I got more into learning than fighting, and about letting folks be if I didn’t agree with them.

So by maybe, 24 you had mellowed?

Sorry, you were 27 when you wrote this stuff... lesson not learned?

DarkOff had a bit more to add, thanks Dark.

quote:

Dark Off posted:

good effort post. most hatefull stuff did happen in the 90's, but he did continue his horrible commenting until 2003. For example 9/11 happened in 2001
I did look up couple of quotes to see when those were said to get some kind of timeline going on

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...e+into+history.
everything over 20 000 is from 2003

The wc newsgroup. alt.games.wing-commander... #17,814
http://www.oocities.org/siliconvalley/bay/7595/ was last updated in 1998 so everything under 17, 814 happened before 1998

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ZenMaster posted:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

Lol.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

Damning stuff

:vince:

I found this:

quote:

I'm happy, we're whooping Iraqi rear end... #8,310
So we invaded Iraq in 2003, that make ben 22 at the posting of his Iraqi war stuff.

Is it in chronological order? If so, that makes post numbers over 8,310 in his 20's.

quote:

Oh, that's not spam, my new e-mail is iboneemall@youngyoungporn.it I was e-mailing you re: the size of his cock and her hole. #20,777

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

:yikes:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

:same:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The real support is coming from that chair. I've seen F-150 commercials with lighter loads

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

Who cares

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

8 track betamax posted:

These games posters are a skittish bunch!

Some people just don't understand the humor found in old dead gay comedy forums sadly.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

have you considered a career with the Stimpire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

:perfect: etc

• Locked thread