Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Skyl3lazer posted:

Sanders is the last chance that anyone other than rich oligarchs have for a happy future and you'd squander it because you think you'll be rich some day, or because you think that the candidate with the highest favorability deficit can actually win an election against a terrifying 'other' in the republican party

well if she can commit election fraud this well, i don't see why she should have trouble defeating the republicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Xandu posted:

I hate to quote reddit, but lol
wonderful

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Concerned Citizen posted:

well if she can commit election fraud this well, i don't see why she should have trouble defeating the republicans

hillary is irrelevant by and large, the people actually rigging elections don't care if she or any of the republicans win. they just care that sanders loses

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Skyl3lazer posted:

hillary is irrelevant by and large, the people actually rigging elections don't care if she or any of the republicans win. they just care that sanders loses

in that case, i guess it doesn't matter because bernie is doomed no matter what

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Skyl3lazer posted:

so are these the kinds of meltdowns we can expect to happen all day?

because if so :yum:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

Sanders is the last chance that anyone other than rich oligarchs have for a happy future and you'd squander it because you think you'll be rich some day, or because you think that the candidate with the highest favorability deficit can actually win an election against a terrifying 'other' in the republican party

the last chance? seems a bit hyperbolic

this lee fang dude seems real aggro, who is he?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

in that case, i guess it doesn't matter because bernie is doomed no matter what

only when people like you and the other people in this thread choose not to stand against the system during the last chance we have to do so

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
It's rigged to blow, boys.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Skyl3lazer posted:

only when people like you and the other people in this thread choose not to stand against the system during the last chance we have to do so

i hate to tell you this, but the truth is: i am a rich oligarch, and i stand with hillary.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
so what happens if it turns out that the staggering incompetence of the state of New York benefitted Bernie Sanders?

the deadline is dumb as gently caress but it wasn't designed to hurt Sanders because at the point it was set up nobody thought he would come even as close as he did

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Homeless Friend posted:

It's like a more wordy Immortan.

wat

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

apocalyptic thinking is so freeing. "this is the very last chance we have to fix things, oh poo poo it failed, good job everyone else, you all hosed it up not me, now i don't have to try and make any more positive changes every again because YALL RUINED EVERYTHING"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Zelder posted:

the last chance? seems a bit hyperbolic

the influence of money from citizen's united isn't going to stop flowing, and the rich will only control more of the wealth and media of this country

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Karl Barks posted:

given the demographics of brooklyn:

In the County the population was spread out with 26.9% under the age of 18, 10.3% from 18 to 24, 30.8% from 25 to 44, 20.6% from 45 to 64, and 11.5% who are 65 years of age or older.

it's more likely to be a bernie stronghold than not. no polls done so hard to say. :)

except young people don't vote, and old people do, so it's going to hillary before you even consider all the minorities living there.

or maybe you were ignorant enough to think all the under 18s could vote??

Skyl3lazer posted:

bernie sanders doesn't want to do anything against financial oligarchs, besides stage dressing that doesn't meaningfully affect their power

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

i hate to tell you this, but the truth is: i am a rich oligarch, and i stand with hillary.

:same:

except substitute rich oligarch for trust fund haver

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

point of return posted:

so what happens if it turns out that the staggering incompetence of the state of New York benefitted Bernie Sanders?

the deadline is dumb as gently caress but it wasn't designed to hurt Sanders because at the point it was set up nobody thought he would come even as close as he did

I agree, nobody in 1911 thought Bernie Sanders would get this far.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Skyl3lazer posted:

the influence of money from citizen's united isn't going to stop flowing, and the rich will only control more of the wealth and media of this country

i agree that something that already didn't happen isn't going to stop happening, but that seems rather irrelevant?

the rich have controlled 100% of the media and like 99% of the wealth in america since america was founded btw

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

fishmech posted:

bernie sanders doesn't want to do anything against financial oligarchs, besides stage dressing that doesn't meaningfully affect their power

Hmmm, and I guess noted puppet of financial oligarchs, :shillary:, will do something about the people that bankroll her?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

why is he the last chance though? like does everyone who was inspired by sander's campaign get murdered after he's out of the race

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pinterest Mom posted:

I agree, nobody in 1911 thought Bernie Sanders would get this far.

1911 was an inside job

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Zelder posted:

why is he the last chance though? like does everyone who was inspired by sander's campaign get murdered after he's out of the race

ideally

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

fishmech posted:

this is the thinking that will doom the 99% to oblivion. you're parroting what you hear from a talking head paid by a billionaire. fishmech i get that you're a gimmick but please understand the power you have to enact change if you stand up for yourself.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

*RATM plays*

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fojar38 posted:

Can a judge actually order a primary vote to be opened?

Here's the relevant case law: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/479/208.html

Basically: political parties have a first amendment (freedom of association) right to decide who participates in selecting their candidates, including in party primaries. Parties in primary states often cede a lot of this to the state legislature, but they don't have to. If the Democratic party of New York wanted an open primary, they can have one. If they want a closed primary, they can have that too. If they don't have a preference, the state legislature can decide for them. Voters have no right to right to participate in a party's business if the party doesn't want them to participate.

This is why we should stop states from having to pay for the drat things and force the parties to run their own elections.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Skyl3lazer posted:

this is the thinking that will doom the 99% to oblivion. you're parroting what you hear from a talking head paid by a billionaire. fishmech i get that you're a gimmick but please understand the power you have to enact change if you stand up for yourself.

have you considered a trip to syria this year?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Bernie's victory tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CLc0IGstk

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Skyl3lazer posted:

maybe the 99% should have gotten a loving job

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

"my fellow americans, i'm pleased to tell you that i've signed legislation that will outlaw bernie bros forever. we begin bombing in 5 minutes."

- hillary clinton tonight

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It's nice to see the Sanders camp meltdowns are already happening

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zelder posted:

"my fellow americans, i'm pleased to tell you that i've signed legislation that will outlaw bernie bros forever. we begin bombing in 5 minutes."

- hillary clinton tonight

If she came out and said she'd do this I'd vote for her. Hillary you need only promise and California is yours.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Immortan posted:

Hmmm, and I guess noted puppet of financial oligarchs, :shillary:, will do something about the people that bankroll her?

I expect Hillary Clinton to be pretty much Obama 2.0 and Obama's already been doing some stuff to go up against Wall Street

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

triple sulk posted:

It's nice to see the Sanders camp meltdowns are already happening

I plan on doing something constructive with it at least

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

if hillary wins this primary we will see our country slip into more war, more crippling income inequality, more monetary influence in politics, and more rightwing shift in judicial and legislative systems

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Skyl3lazer posted:

lol no, friend, bernie sanders isn't standing up to power, bernie sanders just wants to keep the capitalist economy as it is outside stage dressing

Immortan posted:

bernie sanders doesn't want to do anything that meaningfully impedes financial oligarchs, which you'd know if you weren't berndromal.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Joementum posted:

This is why we should stop states from having to pay for the drat things and force the parties to run their own elections.

This would be a hilarious shitshow so I'm 100% down

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

point of return posted:

I expect Hillary Clinton to be pretty much Obama 2.0 and Obama's already been doing some stuff to go up against Wall Street

lmao if you think dodd frank has been sufficient regulation, or even well-enforced

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

fishmech posted:

:shillary: doesn't want to do anything that meaningfully impedes financial oligarchs, which you'd know if you weren't Hilldromal.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fullhouse posted:

This would be a hilarious shitshow so I'm 100% down

It already happens in a lot of states: they're called caucuses.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Skyl3lazer posted:

if hillary wins this primary we will see our country slip into more war, more crippling income inequality, more monetary influence in politics, and more rightwing shift in judicial and legislative systems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Joementum posted:

It already happens in a lot of states: they're called caucuses.

Yeah but caucuses are loving awful so imagine every state doing one

• Locked thread