Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Crosspost from Mustang thread:

Weather finally permitting me to put my new wheels on. AG m590s in bronze, 275/40/19 all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
What's your first impressions on those avant garde's? I haven't heard much about the brand but I like several of their styles.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

savesthedayrocks posted:

What's your first impressions on those avant garde's? I haven't heard much about the brand but I like several of their styles.

I think for the price they are pretty decent. It was like 300ish a wheel for custom offset and bronze powercoating. They seem to weigh about the same as any other comparable aluminum wheel as well. I think switching from the 18 stockers to the 19s I only gained 1 or 2 lbs per wheel with the tire on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buhbuhj posted:

Crosspost from Mustang thread:

Weather finally permitting me to put my new wheels on. AG m590s in bronze, 275/40/19 all around.

That looks so loving good in white.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

That looks so loving good in white.

There's a white GT350 I see on occasion around my workplace and it is stunning.

But of course, I'm partial to white.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Linux Nazi posted:

There's a white GT350 I see on occasion around my workplace and it is stunning.

But of course, I'm partial to white.

You would be.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MasonF posted:

Yeah, my 84 Supra. It lives in the storage unit most of the time.

There are so many awesome cars in this thread so just assume I quoted virtually everything. This thing especially so though. <3

My 88 NA:

Long (with absolutely no room in the back), lardy (but well able to get round corners) and with a lot of PO fuckery (that's slowly being fixed). But it's mine, it's hilarious fun and it makes such a good noise when you mash on the 'waste money' pedal. Flawed greatness.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Man I love 80 and 90s Japanese cars. A70 Supras have to be one of my favourite all time shapes. Is yours a GA or MA? Bla bla headgasket issues. They still have so much charm :kimchi:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fingerling posted:

Man I love 80 and 90s Japanese cars. A70 Supras have to be one of my favourite all time shapes. Is yours a GA or MA? Bla bla headgasket issues. They still have so much charm :kimchi:

It has the 3 litre 7MGE under the bonnet so MA. Head gasket was replaced by the previous owner who drove around in it for a period of a few months and then put it up for sale. It had been sat for 3 years in his garden before he got around to doing any work to it and it still needs work, mainly niggly things like the heater not heating and a couple of bits of trim. Outside of that it's solid and drives really well. I would never have even looked for one if I hadn't had a particularly sideways ride in a friend's one round a track, he's now picked up a second, a facelift one. I'm a little bit in love with it. :3:

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
My car found her kid sister on Saturday.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

88h88 posted:

There are so many awesome cars in this thread so just assume I quoted virtually everything. This thing especially so though. <3

My 88 NA:

Long (with absolutely no room in the back), lardy (but well able to get round corners) and with a lot of PO fuckery (that's slowly being fixed). But it's mine, it's hilarious fun and it makes such a good noise when you mash on the 'waste money' pedal. Flawed greatness.
Thanks! I really miss my 89 Supra. I bought it for $400, pulled the 7M-GE with a blown head gasket (of course) and put in a 7M-GTE. I will get another one some day.

(The cam gear cover confused lots of people)

fingerling posted:

Anyway, I spent ~$500 on a respray last week, was supposed to take a few days, but like any tradesman, they take their sweet time. Front bar, grille and the mirrors were all colour matched as best as possible -

Nice car! I really wish we got the Chaser here in the US. One of my favorite cars ever.

MasonF fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 14, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want a set of those rear lights. Were those US ones or Japanese market? I see them on a lot of US cars so the line has kinda blurred a little. UK models have these slightly poo poo looking ones:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
US. Post refresh. front bumpers different too.

I owned 3 mkIIIs. one of my favs.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

My car found her kid sister on Saturday.

From the context I can't tell which one is yours. Is the newer one the kid sister because it's younger, or is the older one the kid sister because it weighs less?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I generally like the look of these Camaros/Firebirds, but what's with that front overhang :pwn:

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs
Never got around to this. Should have years ago. We mess around with buying and selling some oddball cars here in Augusta, GA. I'm a card-carrying late 20's vehicular addict.

1970 Datsun 510 Wagon & 1993 Mustang GT (all stock!)- inherited when a local contractor was deported. the vehicles were left behind.

Last Peugeot left from when we had the franchise in the late 80's. Ask me how successful an Alfa-Peugeot-Lotus dealer was in South Georgia. Not very.

Daily purchased right after college. 2008 Infiniti G35S, kinda rare 6MT with factory LSD. Had Fast Intentions HFC, intake box hacked.

1995 Toyota Supra Turbo, college DD. Accrued 90,000 miles during school, all at roughly 18 psi. First a BPU++ car, then I added a GT4088 (old school journal bearing). Fun car, 515+ on pump gas at 18psi.

After 18x9 and 18x10 Wedssport's and the GT4088

Which stupidly begat a 2003.5 M3, 6 owners out of Miami (red flag), Flossman Widebody Kit (red flag), full exhaust with no cats (red flag). It ate me alive maintaining it, but it was fun to drive what felt like a Continental Cup car on the street. Full PSS9 suspension, Iforged, the works.

Here's my 2 faves though. For the past 1.5 years, I was daily-driving a 1986 Toyota 4Runner, 22re with auto. Purchased for $1200 at auction with 102,000 (!) original owner miles. drat prince of a vehicle, carried me to Bonnaroo 2x, Phish tour, all kinds of shenanigans.
It's residing in Fort Bragg, NC now. Sad to see it go.

And a $8500 E39 M5. Had a UUC 12lb flywheel and a JB clutch, and muffler deletes. Best car I've ever owned.

Thanks for letting me exorcise my automotive demons, ya'll. I'll add some project pics later.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
You inspired me to take a photo since I parked in front of newly blooming flowers. Newly blooming flowers in the median of a 6 lane road with train tracks and industrial buildings on the opposite side.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

geeteeslow posted:

Never got around to this. Should have years ago. We mess around with buying and selling some oddball cars here in Augusta, GA. I'm a card-carrying late 20's vehicular addict.

You sound pretty cool. I wish I knew of contractors who are about to get deported and have sweet Datsuns I can have. Or Pukegoats that are cheap.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

davebo posted:

You inspired me to take a photo since I parked in front of newly blooming flowers. Newly blooming flowers in the median of a 6 lane road with train tracks and industrial buildings on the opposite side.

:respek:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

I know I've posted after your C5 photos before but it's always nice to be reminded of forums twinsies. Who else here has a forum twin?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I really really like the C5 without the body molding.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's a very nice, clean shape.

Haven't posted this anywhere before even though I've had it in a weird ownership arrangement with my parents forever.

It's a sort-of brown wagon! Though you might recognize another familiar vehicle in it.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

davebo posted:

I know I've posted after your C5 photos before but it's always nice to be reminded of forums twinsies. Who else here has a forum twin?

Eh, close enough.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

davebo posted:

Who else here has a forum twin?

I think I whiff across the board - nobody else wants to admit owning a fourth-gen CR-V, there aren't many WJ owners (and they're all different colors), and everyone with '67-72 C10s / C20s has the inferior Chevrolet version. :smuggo:

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

davebo posted:

From the context I can't tell which one is yours. Is the newer one the kid sister because it's younger, or is the older one the kid sister because it weighs less?

Ha. Mine's the 88. So I meant the newer one being the younger/kid sister.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Did some grocery shopping last night.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

davebo posted:

Who else here has a forum twin?
Chances are somebody here has a vehicle remarkably similar to mine, but Rangers are invisibly boring parts-getters for most of you, and you never point a camera in your Ranger's direction.

SD 144 Topper and Ferry 2 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

The day we found the Source of the Grid Roads (Saskatchewan is made of gravel roads).

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

88h88 posted:

I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want a set of those rear lights. Were those US ones or Japanese market? I see them on a lot of US cars so the line has kinda blurred a little. UK models have these slightly poo poo looking ones:

Stock USDM tail lights for 89+. That car had the "white package"; white molding, and blue interior. The paint was amazing. I should have kept it, but I really needed the money at the time. I will get another one some day.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

davebo posted:

IIRC drgitlin and I are double twins

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah it's a very nice, clean shape.

Haven't posted this anywhere before even though I've had it in a weird ownership arrangement with my parents forever.

It's a sort-of brown wagon! Though you might recognize another familiar vehicle in it.

Its a wonky eyed commodore!

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
Track wheels!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Actually drove it today. I still have to modify the front fenders to mount the 275's to match the back.

:siren: FULL SCALE LAND BARGE AHEAD :siren:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 22, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

wallaka posted:

Actually drove it today. I still have to modify the front fenders to mount the 275's to match the back.

Too cool :3:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

wallaka posted:

yes yes yES YES

390? :allears:

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Raluek posted:

yes yes yES YES

390? :allears:

X-code 390, 10.5:1 compression, 4V cam and heads, Performer RPM intake with an Edelbrock 650 cfm carb tuned via wideband.

Most of the money is in the suspension. It is well-damped by Hotchkis-valved Bilsteins, and also has a 1-3/8" (35mm) front sway bar and 1" (26mm) rear bar added by me. I put poly bushings all over with 2002 P71 springs, and since it's lighter than the Crown Vic, it has a firm ride. It's not harsh, but it corners flat and doesn't dive much under braking.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

wallaka posted:

X-code 390, 10.5:1 compression, 4V cam and heads, Performer RPM intake with an Edelbrock 650 cfm carb tuned via wideband.

Most of the money is in the suspension. It is well-damped by Hotchkis-valved Bilsteins, and also has a 1-3/8" (35mm) front sway bar and 1" (26mm) rear bar added by me. I put poly bushings all over with 2002 P71 springs, and since it's lighter than the Crown Vic, it has a firm ride. It's not harsh, but it corners flat and doesn't dive much under braking.

I wanna see some track day pictures.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

meatpimp posted:

I wanna see some track day pictures.

Maybe one day. She's made for Talladega.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

blk posted:

IIRC drgitlin and I are double twins

Yup. We don't have the Miata any more though, just the Saaburu.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

wallaka posted:

You are the best. Do you have a thread? I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Goddamn that looks good. What are the actual tires you're running?