Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zen death robot posted:

It would require constitutional amendments which not only requires both the house and senate passing them with a 2/3rds majority but 38 states have to ratify as well so good luck

it would require no such thing to reform fptp. states can do this on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

basically i just want poo poo to get shin megami tensei all up in here

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zen death robot posted:

Which is the biggest power the president has so if you lean more one way than the other it's a good idea to vote that way even if the actual nominee isn't your real preference.

yeah, but guy insinuated that this would've been impossible under president bernie because he's not pragmatic enough or whatever

i agree though, president bernie could've taken the same route to legalized gay marriage as president obama

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Do you think half of the Democratic Party is young white males?

no, but sanders isn't anywhere close to half the democratic primary.

you see, that is why he is losing so badly

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pollyanna posted:

basically i just want poo poo to get shin megami tensei all up in here

a portrait of bill before he entered politics

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Epic High Five posted:

TYT are going to be like a Karl Rove Collective this cycle aren't they

Bernie is the closest they will get to their ideal candidate. When it's over it is gonna be a real shitshow

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

:growingironicat:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

fknlo posted:

:growingironicat:

i agree, it's pretty silly that hillary supporters are less likely to vote for bernie in the ge but complain about lack of party loyalty from bernie babies

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
Zero Hillary supporters will be voting for Sanders in the general because he won't be the nominee.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

i agree, it's pretty silly that hillary supporters are less likely to vote for bernie in the ge but complain about lack of party loyalty from bernie babies

They're probably sick of the Bernmentum after getting spammed with phone calls from 15 year olds for 3 weeks straight.

Also,

Mystery Goomba posted:

Zero Hillary supporters will be voting for Sanders in the general because he won't be the nominee.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fishmech posted:

no, but sanders isn't anywhere close to half the democratic primary.

you see, that is why he is losing so badly

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

voting matters more than saying "i like bernie sanders" on a poll and then not voting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

voting matters more than saying "i like bernie sanders" on a poll and then not voting

Bernie can't help it that "low info voters" from "the deep south" handed ol Hilldawg the nomination.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/722576442995781632

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fishmech posted:

I guess total evasion is the closest you can get to a fishmech admitting its wrong

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

Pardon my interrupting the discussion about Reddit but I was wondering if there's any decent results up. I tried looking and found none, possibly due to me being retarded enough to post here.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

There is a rule in college football in the spring when rosters come out. "All weight change is good weight change." Guy lost weight? He will be faster, good change! Guy gained weight, he will be stronger, good change!

Similarly, in bernout minds, all voting issues are good for Clinton.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I guess total evasion is the closest you can get to a fishmech admitting its wrong

People who don't vote don't matter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd be one of those people who says they like Bernie Sanders.

But I'm not voting for someone who'd be cool to have a beer with. I'm voting for somebody to keep the ball rolling and has a plan to do so.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah Pook posted:

Pardon my interrupting the discussion about Reddit but I was wondering if there's any decent results up. I tried looking and found none, possibly due to me being retarded enough to post here.

Hello confirmed retard, no, there are no decent results yet available. Crayons are in the OP.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
So what? Is the number of delegates in Brooklyn tied to the turnout?

I thought this kind of thing typically impacted results just by dinging the candidate with high-turnout advantage.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Epic High Five posted:

I'd be one of those people who says they like Bernie Sanders.

But I'm not voting for someone who'd be cool to have a beer with. I'm voting for somebody to keep the ball rolling and has a plan to do so.

american idiocy at its finest :cheers:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Delegates are awarded based on the proportion of the vote, so yes.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Great White Hope posted:

Delegates are awarded based on the proportion of the vote, so yes.
So then actually no, not based on the number of voters, but rather on the proportion of voters?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I thought this kind of thing typically impacted results just by dinging the candidate with high-turnout advantage.

It's a little cumbersome to work through.

http://www.benchmarkpolitics.com/2016/04/new-york-city-and-surrounding-areas.html

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress da Mods posted:

american idiocy at its finest :cheers:

Sorry I don't consider someone who takes a state's rights view on things like marriage and all the legal trappings therein, and whose first seat was all but paid for by the NRA, to be some ideological god. He's a different sort of flawed person. He seems chummier, but he's got no way to implement things and his willingness to let my state fester because he's only worried about the top don't really even make him a particularly GOOD choice.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Democrats don't give a poo poo about your state unless it's on the coast of a large body of water

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

you didn't post anything saying half of anything supports bernie. you posted something showing 44.7% of an unspecified group did

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Epic High Five posted:

Sorry I don't consider someone who takes a state's rights view on things like marriage and all the legal trappings therein, and whose first seat was all but paid for by the NRA, to be some ideological god. He's a different sort of flawed person. He seems chummier, but he's got no way to implement things and his willingness to let my state fester because he's only worried about the top don't really even make him a particularly GOOD choice.

hillary was worse though :confused:

she said marriage was between a man and a woman up until the late 2000s

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

rscott posted:

Democrats don't give a poo poo about your state unless it's on the coast of a large body of water

That's silly, nobody gives a heck about Alabama or Mississippi

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

And Obama said it while running for president until he chose Biden.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

rscott posted:

maybe you should have more people if you want people to care about your hell state.

over half the country lives in a state that touches the oceans, and even more live in states touching the great lakes, which can also be considered coastal. no poo poo the vast majority of people are going to be cared about more than the relatively unpopulated inner lands.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Spiros posted:

That's silly, nobody gives a heck about Alabama or Mississippi

I didn't say they gave a poo poo about ALL the states on a large body of water

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

fishmech posted:

maybe you should have more people if you want people to care about your hell state.

over half the country lives in a state that touches the oceans, and even more live in states touching the great lakes, which can also be considered coastal. no poo poo the vast majority of people are going to be cared about more than the relatively unpopulated inner lands.

That's the joke?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ouch.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The point is that Sanders is definitely not ideologically pure, and he certainly isn't ideologically better. When every single attempted takedown of Clinton has to be followed with, "but with Sanders did the same thing, it was different" then maybe it's time to concede that the primary difference between the two is that Clinton is already preparing for being president, whereas Sanders isn't even prepared to be a candidate

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Epic High Five posted:

The point is that Sanders is definitely not ideologically pure, and he certainly isn't ideologically better. When every single attempted takedown of Clinton has to be followed with, "but with Sanders did the same thing, it was different" then maybe it's time to concede that the primary difference between the two is that Clinton is already preparing for being president, whereas Sanders isn't even prepared to be a candidate

there's plenty of takedowns on clinton that you can't say bernie has done. i was talking about one of them earlier in the thread even!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

So just because I've decided I'll ask this every time this comes up. You'd rather have someone who personally may be for our rights but politically either afraid or lazy when it comes to actually doing it than someone who personally has a stupid rear end view but does poo poo like vote against a federal ban on equal marriage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Except for all the wall street poo poo, pretty sure Sanders didn't say the same thing but it was different then?

And I/P that seems to be a bit different in that he recognizes that Palestinians are human beings

• Locked thread