Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
If I wasn't going to tribal council tonight I might go see the Kyle Gas Band (the not Jack Black half of Tenacious D).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

THE SUN IS ALWAYS OUT, IF ONLY YOU BELIEVE

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the sun is OUT

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You feeling safe tonight, b-o-dubmore? I know lots of folks over there are gunning for ya. :( I believe in you, buddy.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whatever man

thanks for the support

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Chic Trombone posted:

Is the sun out?

Yes. And it's 85 degrees out.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Strong Mouse posted:

Yes. And it's 85 degrees out.

That sounds heavenly tbh

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Not that it's cold here or anything, i think it was in the 70s? I just like warm weather

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm rooting for you bow!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It is 74 here, 8:41am, I think it's going to be a nice day

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

I think it's going to be a good day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5jJrv2kjY

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

75 degrees, 6:15pm, overcast and kinda muggy.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

hopefully it will be :ohdear:

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

bowmore posted:

Looking lovely here too. What a nice morning.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's now time for Tribal Council. During Tribal Council, there is to be absolutely zero out of thread communication by the attending tribe. This is the last place you want to be in your goal to be crowned Sole Survivor. Here, you will be forced to vote out one of your own. If there is any turmoil or strife or issues at camp that have been burning up inside, this is a great place to let loose, frustration with your tribemates, the challenges, the many foiled social outings attempted by you after inviting your friend but he wouldn't put on shoes before leaving, all of it..

Here is how things will work tonight. First, I'll post some questions directed at some of you guys, maybe all of you guys. We'll have a chat, try to see where we're at and how we're feeling. Then, at an arbitrary point, it will be time to vote. Once it's time, there is no more posting in the thread, only the PMing me your votes. You can only vote when it is time to vote. There is no early voting. Your votes must be in image form, a text PM will result in your vote not counting. If you need to, theres plenty of image editing apps for free on Android and iPhone. Failure to vote at all results in a self vote. If there's a tie...you don't want a tie. Deadline to vote is Midnight EST.

Tonight, we are in a strange spot. Everybody is here for Tribal Council. Both tribes failed to win, so we're gonna hold Tribal Council for both of you. So instead of agonizingly asking everyone a question, I'll just blanket the field.

JakeP, were you aware your detonation would have caused a draw and everyone to be here? What was the impulse for detonation that quickly?

Former Bebotin Tribe, although you are split up right now, this is the first Tribal Council for you guys. What is your personal motive for tonight?

Former Abutan Tribe Except For JakeP, hi guys. again. how've you been?

New Abutan what has the swap done for you? It's a 4-2 split, but does moving to a new camp necessarily mean alienation of the Others or has it been a moment to reclarify things?

New Bebotin, you guys are experiencing an overall more even split. What has camplife been like? What's been different? What's been a constant? Which of your new tribesmates do you not like, and why is it bowmore?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I've been okay. Can I have that pizza tomorrow?

It's been a little awkward around camp with the split at 4-2. There's a lot of pressure on the two of us, and we're dealing as best we can. Right, PBS?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JOHN CENA posted:

Former Bebotin Tribe, although you are split up right now, this is the first Tribal Council for you guys. What is your personal motive for tonight?

Honestly, I'm just interested to see how things fall. Us old Bebotins have not been forged in the fire that is Tribal yet (incidentally, I'm very glad to be returning to camp with a torch tonight) and it will be a good experience to go through this process. No tribe wants to vote out a member...pre-merge, lower numbers means lower strength in challenges...but here on the Island, we have to do it. As for me personally, I don't have much of a motive tonight...I've heard several arguments from around camp on who should be voted out and who should stay...but I think my mind has been made up.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

:ohdear:

:cry:

JOHN CENA posted:

New Bebotin, you guys are experiencing an overall more even split. What has camplife been like? What's been different? What's been a constant? Which of your new tribesmates do you not like, and why is it bowmore?

Well you know, it's been fine, enjoying my warm cozy fire that jivjov didn't know I had all along. I'm not sharing my two-stick method with anyone, you lot are on your own. It's been weird though. My closest friends were Peramene, Chic Trombone, and Anonymous Narcotics...all of whom went away.

As for bowmore...wait, when was I suppose to not like bowmore? He's fine.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

JOHN CENA posted:

New Abutan what has the swap done for you? It's a 4-2 split, but does moving to a new camp necessarily mean alienation of the Others or has it been a moment to reclarify things?

I am happy that we have a bunch of old baes on our team. I'm enjoying getting to know pbs and cat. I think we're a pretty strong team as we are right now and I'm def enjoying the girls time :)

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

JOHN CENA posted:

I think even with the even split, there's still a bit of a feeling of camp lines being drawn at the moment, I hope that starts to break down a little bit because I know the general chat has been kinda quiet and cool. The constant is probably my ever present paranoia at how quiet things have been, I am very paranoid about this matter. Difference wise, I think imgay and JakeP have been pushing Guy's Grocery Games a lot more than previously.

Me and bowmore are almost timezone buddies, so I forgive him for being bebotin's literal Trump.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am happy that we have a bunch of old baes on our team. I'm enjoying getting to know pbs and cat. I think we're a pretty strong team as we are right now and I'm def enjoying the girls time :)

take me with you, we're a sausage fest now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Krysmphoenix posted:

My closest friends were Peramene, Chic Trombone, and Anonymous Narcotics...all of whom went away.

Miss u bb

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
miss u 2 bae

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

curiousCat posted:

It's been a little awkward around camp with the split at 4-2. There's a lot of pressure on the two of us, and we're dealing as best we can. Right, PBS?

Are you gonna share the pizza? It's the only way to buy our love. Also it has to be pepperoni.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

Well Jeff, gotta say I'm all about ridding the weeds from the garden, so to speak. There was a clear non-contributor, who's been a non-contributor all along, and I'm going to be upfront about the fact that I'm Not Pleased with them and am voting them because of it.

quote:

It's been strange, to be sure - going from the tribe dominating the other tribe numerically to the tiny tribe is an adjustment! But it's given us all a time to resettle, and I've gotten to know cat and pbs as well, which is definitely nice! All I know is that the SUN IS STILL SHINING DOWN and hopefully I'll get to speak with the rest of former Bebotin again after merge :)

Also this tribe being lady-dominated is Cool and Fun

Krysmphoenix posted:

take me with you, we're a sausage fest now

i miss you too bb

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Probably to survive. It sucks being at tribal. It will be good to hash out a vote to see how things fall.

quote:

I like most of my new tribe friends, except the ones that haven't talked to me or gone out of their way to be poo poo. I feel like my old Bebotin mates have my back (though you never really know do you).

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chic Trombone posted:

Well Jeff, gotta say I'm all about ridding the weeds from the garden, so to speak. There was a clear non-contributor, who's been a non-contributor all along, and I'm going to be upfront about the fact that I'm Not Pleased with them and am voting them because of it.
So not much has changed I guess

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

JOHN CENA posted:

My motive is to demonstrate alliance unity and deepen bonds of trust now that there's actually a vote on the line.

JOHN CENA posted:

We really miss our old members who were ripped away from us. Things are quiet around camp. Businesslike.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

p. good. just beat the knights of farron in dark souls riding that high as I am scared of these catacombs.

camp life has been okay, there hasn't been enough howie mandel though. whats different is bowmore's scourge on this earth that must be cleansed. whats constant is the great friendships i make with evereyone. bowmore is human garbage, not even human now that i think about it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Businesslike.
good way to express it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

bowmore's scourge on this earth that must be cleansed. whats constant is the great friendships i make with evereyone. bowmore is human garbage, not even human now that i think about it
wowser

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
PS I just wanna say that I had a great vote idea and cena vetoed it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

curiousCat posted:

Yeah. I mean of course I think we are a bit demoralized, me and Cat have been at every tribal in the game, but now we both flung into a foreign country in a way. In this case we know the land, but we still have to learn some new customs. Like the worship of the mother Sol gets some taking use to. But I had to guess I think we are getting along much better than the other tribe.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
JakeP, were you aware your detonation would have caused a draw and everyone to be here? What was the impulse for detonation that quickly?
I'm going to partially answer this. We were about to play on top of E to stop them getting 5 there, when I saw we could get 5 in a row by blowing the one we did. None of us noticed that it would cause them to also have 5 in a row. It was nice getting the praise until we saw it was a draw though.

Former Bebotin Tribe, although you are split up right now, this is the first Tribal Council for you guys. What is your personal motive for tonight?[/b]

My personal motive is for me and my allies to move forward.

Camplife has been fairly nice. We actually didn't talk that much over the weekend, and I think that, as a full group, we've been talking much less than before the swap.
At the beginning, I didn't particularly care for JakeP, but he seems to have calmed a little over the weekend.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

It's a screwy thing to say, but I've been looking forward to sitting here at Tribal with all of you for months. I love this game, I love this process, I've come to adore my fellow contestants either through watching them play in prior seasons or over the last two weeks. My personal motive for tonight is to make clear my guiding principle for voting. I've told a lot of people who I'll be voting tonight, so it won't come as a surprise to anyone, and if it all goes down as I expect it to, the game will be much improved for it. The sun is out.

The swap is really bizarre. Nudebutan absolutely has to win challenges, because we'll be shedding more players if we can't pull it off and that situation just isn't tenable. We'll be down to five after tonight. But on the other hand, I really miss all the folks over on Baebotin. We had such a powerful dynamic during challenges, and honestly I was really impressed to see that they didn't throw the challenge when it came time to make that call: I got to go up against Strong Mouse, who was a fantastic backup quarterback for the first challenge and imo one of the strongest competitors here; Jivjov and bowmore who've both shared laughs with me and who I respect so much. It was a great time. I want to beat them in the next few challenges, don't get me wrong, but it's so exciting going up against them after getting to witness them in action. I can't wait for merge so we can all play against eachother - don't get me wrong, they're all going down in the name of the glorious Dictator, obviously.

:helladid:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

Like the worship of the mother Sol gets some taking use to.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lumpen posted:

Things are quiet around camp. Businesslike.

Yeah,things are very much less wacky now that some of our more vocal members are at the other camp.

PBS Newshour posted:

Like the worship of the mother Sol gets some taking use to.

The Sun.

It is out.

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

Hi! Happy not to have fully lost a challenge for once. Maybe I'll get to experience winning at some point, that would be a real thrill!!!

I like our new Slack home, it is very fancy! Most of my new tribe has been very welcoming. They've got the numbers but they've still made an effort to chat and get to know me. And I think it's given me a chance to get to know some of my old teammates in a new way, as well.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

So not much has changed I guess

Some things remain eternal, I suppose. Consistency is good except when it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess you could say I'm just hoping to...Survive :c00lbutt:

i have no real issue with it, a lot of people moved with me and all seems well

• Locked thread