Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I hate lane swaps in competitive matches and encourage any design philosophy that helps eliminate them or force the duo to one side of the map so that actual fights happen before the 20 minute mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm fine with lane swaps when you get weird matchups like 2v2s with top and support in a lane, but not the unopposed 3-4 man tower pushes which is what they've been since mid-season 5

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Servaetes posted:

much like true solo queue, gently caress em. they constantly set the tone for a bunch of really boring poo poo and keep stuff narrowminded, so, gently caress em.

boring poo poo is boring because riot made it boring and refuses to loving correct it, not because pros just find the optimal path

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i see we have new thread icons

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the new dragons seem like an interesting concept but I feel like the buffs can't be to significant otherwise that might make the early game a little to rng based

also i like the changes to ziggs and xerath, hopefully this means it will once again be my time to shine and by shine i mean waveclear endlessly because god do i love those two champs

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also they just fixed the ability preview for cass w and holy poo poo that is gonna be sooooooooo loving aids to play against

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Verviticus posted:

boring poo poo is boring because riot made it boring and refuses to loving correct it, not because pros just find the optimal path

It's twofold sure. Riot definitely slow or too fast and pros set this retarded expectation that trickles down that one way to do things is the absolute only way to do things and those beneath pros are too loving dumb to figure out trying something different can work. Optimal for pros =/= optimal for the rubbish beneath them (us)

jungle mundo became a thing after a pro saw some random schmo in soloqueue worked insanely well

Also FactsAreUseless/Videogames this new tag is dumb

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I get the logic but I'm not sure if I like this. Seems it would make it easier to track their jungler without wards.

Zed buff

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 20, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Also FactsAreUseless/Videogames this new tag is dumb
no its you

Killed By Death posted:

I get the logic but I'm not sure if I like this. Seems it would make it easier to track their jungler without wards.

yeah this is really loving stupid. riot is going to try to apply the same logic of buff timers being on the screen but this poo poo timing itself out automatically with no ward interaction from your team is actually game changing in an incredibly immense sense.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

It's a really lovely change. The dragon/baron timers were fine because it was obvious when they died and trivial to time them. Buffs on the other hand, no, not if they aren't warded.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Bholder posted:

Once Vayne has an ability to do 400% damage 50% of the time and similarly have a 50% chance to ignore any auto attack, we can actually cry about how bad RNG is.

Is this phantom assassin from dota?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah this is really loving stupid. riot is going to try to apply the same logic of buff timers being on the screen but this poo poo timing itself out automatically with no ward interaction from your team is actually game changing in an incredibly immense sense.

pros are going to have to start leaving the small monsters of buff camps to fool the enemy team in to thinking they're still doing it instead of ganking.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so the cassio passive is 4 ms/lvl, at level 6 you've gained 24 and at 11 you'll have 44 (1 less than brown and upgraded boots respectively.)

veigar getting 1 ap for hitting a champion with a spell, 3 for takedowns, and his ult does % missing health damage yeesh

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Radical posted:

so the cassio passive is 4 ms/lvl, at level 6 you've gained 24 and at 11 you'll have 44 (1 less than brown and upgraded boots respectively.)

veigar getting 1 ap for hitting a champion with a spell, 3 for takedowns, and his ult does % missing health damage yeesh

I can't wait to try Cass

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

The name bloodrazor brings back a lot of memories... Now will they do something interesting with the AD enchant any time soon? It's a nice stat stick but it's pretty boring.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Soooo you will start getting timers for enemy buff camps???

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Enemy zed solo killed our midlaner 2/0 and then ended the game 5/12

i love zed

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Thanks for the jungle advice friends.

I don't think I will be picking up Lee Sin because he is very fiddly and I suck at that, also I'm not a butt.

However I may give Khaz a go as an assassin jungler and perhaps Yi as a more forgiving farmer.

I wanted to ask about Evelyn I remember playing her a bit in S4. She wasn't the strongest but perma-stealth and chase potential was really annoying to players who didn't set up pinks (like the silver tier players I'm in with atm). Has she changed much, I notice she is still fairly low down on the rankings.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/5716cfda35497c5edb/kindred-mechanics

i really work hard for my wins

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, Rift Herald is now only going to spawn once and give a buff that lasts 20 minutes? :psyduck:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i like the new malz splash

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was wondering why i had a s5 master player in my plat game, then i checked his winrate

gonna go ahead and assume being 33% winrate in plat that he didn't get that master rank legit lol

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME
An actual and easy solution would be to, at ten minutes or whenever, let a player on each team grab one of four items from the store. Then they run to dragonpit, do a thing like capturing a point in Ascension, boom, dragon that they wanted appears.

I mean, it's ridiculous and vidjagamey but this whole thing is ridiculous and also, a videogame.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, Rift Herald is now only going to spawn once and give a buff that lasts 20 minutes? :psyduck:

they want to make top lane a literal wasteland.

e; this is more of a completely new season than a "mid year mage update"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jesus christ i missed that rift herald change, thats pretty fun looking

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Man those mage changes are awesome. Apart from the great new art I really like the Malz and Vlad changes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that buff timer change is going to make counterjungling trivially easy

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Pro game should be changed to both teams sitting at computers staring into space for 30 minutes, then they get up, flip a coin, and the team that gets heads wins.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Zyra rework is somewhat interesting:
-Q is now cast in a line, similar to Malzahar's current Q
-In addition to planting seeds with W, seeds are planted around her passively kinda like Illaoi's tentacles
-Spells don't have to be cast ON a seed to make a plant, only NEAR one

Seed activation has always been larger than the spell indicator, though it seems to be much larger now, yeah. I think they wanted the general radius to be similar to how you'd activate the seeds by casting a Q near one from muscle memory, regardless of how you aligned the new Q wall.

ImpAtom posted:

Can someone on the PBE give a heads up on how Zyra's support game stacks up? It looks like it should still be good but it depends on how hard they hit her numbers to compensate for having an actual passive.

Quick look at the readily available information:

- Q level 1 damage went down from 70 to 60.
- Thorn Spitter (Q Triggered) damage went down from 30 to 24.
+ Q level 1 mana went down from 75 to 60.

- Plant duration went down from 10 to 5 seconds. :(
= Seeds recharge at about the same time.
+ Seed duration went up from 30 to 45 seconds.
+ Max seeds went up to 8, so you'll probably see 6-7 in a counter-engage if you're playing defensively.

= No apparent E change.

-/+ R now changes plant damage to 150% instead of +50% Attack Speed.

No idea on the coefficients or how things scale from now.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol @ them changing QSS to no longer remove zed ult, what an awful idea

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Radical posted:

I didn't notice that. That really is an awful idea.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it makes sense. you counter zed's ult by avoiding damage, not by buying one item and then he doesn't have a chance

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Radical posted:

I suspect it's a side effect of the Vel'koz/Brand changes, if you could QSS Researched or 3-stack Blaze that it would basically turn off huge parts of their kit in much more significant ways than before.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

DolphinCop posted:

it makes sense. you counter zed's ult by avoiding damage, not by buying one item and then he doesn't have a chance

it's hard to avoid his damage and adcs kinda suck at the whole avoiding damage thing in the first place so it's a dumb change

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

it's hard to avoid his damage and adcs kinda suck at the whole avoiding damage thing in the first place so it's a dumb change

ADCs have to rely on their team to keep assassins off of them - a thing that is dumb and new apparently?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That doesnt make the qss change somehow not stupid lmao

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
qss removes cc effects. it was never intended to stop damage over time or delayed damage. im glad riot removed the inconsistency between qss behavior with zed's ult versus, say, karthus' ultimate

oh but it does stop most dots, i guess i was just thinking delayed damage

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If QSS does not remove Zed Ult (and therefore probably Fiora ult, other stacking ults etc.) then ADCs are going to have a snowball's chance in hell of dealing with these champs.

there is going to be a massive itemization pit vs. Zed on ADCs if this goes through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

• Locked thread