Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's a dog. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bogart posted:

It's a funyarinpa. :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
SIGGYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! PHIDOOOOOOOO!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
i just got to the part where Dio reads through the supplementary rules and you can hear his voice actor sighing as he says all the bunny puns

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Speaking of VLR, having just played it two weeks ago, I would have been loving PISSED had I played it at launch and then learned there would be no third game.

Eh, the news about the the third game being canceled was several months after release. I know this because I got it free on PS+ and the news came just a day or two after I beat VLR.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

1. Holy poo poo this game comes out in two months

2. A picture of the flowchart exists now

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

voltcatfish posted:

It appears the first choice on the flowchart is which character you're playing as, since there's three branches from the beginning and each seems to be portraying one of the groups.

Maybe your character wakes up with no idea who they are, and has to look into a mirror to jog their memory. You then decide whether you see a male(Carlos), female(Diana), or masked(Q) face. This then determines which group you're locked in with.

What I'm most curious about is the structure of the flowchart afterwards. There appears to be four branches after the "prologue", so the branching point might not be determined by which group you're in. Unless there's one branch for each protagonist, plus a fourth which is unlocked after the rest for the "true" ending.

It'd be interesting if decisions you make in one group affect what happens to another group, though I'm not sure how the flowchart would handle this.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope the flowchart straight up lies like in VLR

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am very, very interested in Mira/Eric/Q because their path seems to end relatively quickly.

I'm sure there's more to it but we already know Eric's going to lose his poo poo and Mira seems to be a questionable person herself. That group's gonna be great, doing them first personally.

e: I've also been trying to place English Eric since I knew I've heard his voice before, and apparently he's Zen from Persona Q which is definitely where I remember it from.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 15, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

voltcatfish posted:

I am very, very interested in Mira/Eric/Q because their path seems to end relatively quickly.

I'm sure there's more to it but we already know Eric's going to lose his poo poo and Mira seems to be a questionable person herself. That group's gonna be great, doing them first personally.

e: I've also been trying to place English Eric since I knew I've heard his voice before, and apparently he's Zen from Persona Q which is definitely where I remember it from.

Eric has a massive thing for Mira, right? I'd imagine he loses his poo poo if anything happens to her, and her being alive means that she does some psychopathic stuff (given her attitude in the trailer) that results in people dying.

Kind of a lose/lose sort of situation it seems like.

e: personally I'm going to go team Carlos and see what happens if Junpei and Akane die.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

voltcatfish posted:

It looks to me like the character paths merge early on, then fork again into four main branching paths. So the path you're looking at doesn't necessarily correspond to that group.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I keep trying to think of all the ways this game could resolve itself. What I always remind myself is that Uchikoshi is an overwhelming optimist.

With that in mind, I think the only logical way for everything to resolve amicably is something another goon had speculated before: going back in time to save Left.

Perhaps Mars Mission Zero is actually Brother.

Finding a way to go back in time is the only way for everyone to get a happy ending. And Uchikoshi strikes me as a man that would want evil antagonists to have happy endings too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

See that would not only undo VLR but also 999

I like it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

I like it

Exactly. It completely erases everything because the death of Left was the catalyst for Brother to start Free the Soul.

No Left dying -> No Ace running experiments on kids in the first Nonary game -> no Akane in the incinerator -> no need for second Nonary game -> no fuckery at Mars test site -> no Rad-6 -> no NONNNNNARRRRY GAAAAAAAAME AMBIDEX EDITTIOOOOOOOOOOON

Basically, all the events of the Zero Escape series have been trying to cure the symptoms of the problem, not the original cause.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
But that would also mean no Luna or Quark. And they were, like, the only characters in VLR who weren't jerks.

I mean Phi was a likable jerk, but still.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

Eric is Keith Silverstein, who I believe is Zen, yes. He was also Mondo in Danganronpa 1, which is how I recognized him. :)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

voltcatfish posted:

1. Holy poo poo this game comes out in two months

That's a whole lot of dead-ends. Literally!

It looks like some paths will appear as if you're making progress but then - NOPE! Everyone dies horribly (especially by the fifth row)! :kheldragar:

Arrrthritis posted:

Eric has a massive thing for Mira, right? I'd imagine he loses his poo poo if anything happens to her, and her being alive means that she does some psychopathic stuff (given her attitude in the trailer) that results in people dying.

Kind of a lose/lose sort of situation it seems like.

e: personally I'm going to go team Carlos and see what happens if Junpei and Akane die.

Seems like Eric is to Clover as Mira is to Snake this time around.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 16, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

voltcatfish posted:

I like it

If Uchikoshi really and truly plans to end ZE after ZTD, then this is probably likely.

To finish the series and save the world, you have to complete erase all traces of the Nonary Game...

...from history. *dun, dun, dunnnn!*

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I do have to wonder how saving Left would be possible, if none of the characters involved in mars project were alive or around when he died.

Maybe they'll pull a Ghost Trick and have Gab be the person you play as for the final chapter.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blinus posted:

Eric is Keith Silverstein, who I believe is Zen, yes. He was also Mondo in Danganronpa 1, which is how I recognized him. :)

Yeah his voice for Mondo is exactly the same as his for Eric. He did a pretty good job, so I'm looking forward to his performance here.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If Uchikoshi really and truly plans to end ZE after ZTD, then this is probably likely.

To finish the series and save the world, you have to complete erase all traces of the Nonary Game...

...from history. *dun, dun, dunnnn!*

Speaking of which, the whole Dashiell Gordain Nonary Games are imo some of the most fascinating bits of backstory in the Zero Escape series, simply due to how hosed up their premise is. That whole plot point was mainly to set up a red herring for 999 (All-Ice), but then the robes the victims garbed in for incineration were the same Free the Soul robes worn by Snake, so I'm feeling and hoping that Gordain will be a bit more important to the plot of ZTD.

Fake edit: Wait a second, it's stated that Dio is a fourth generation (and latest-generation) Left clone, and that's by 2074. I don't know how long a generation is with clones, but that's still one hell of a time discrepancy between now and the Gordain days. Could Brother have resurrected some long-dead organization? If so, why? This series man. :psyduck:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Have you guys heard those theories about Quark being a Left clone?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Have you guys heard those theories about Quark being a Left clone?

Doesn't sound Right.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

"Character Trailer":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHYMbOKm8o

Did Phi tell Diana she loves her?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[img]http://lpix.org/2434496/e76da47d783449a4946996f92daa1058[1].png[/img]

Well that's interesting

EDIT:

[img]http://lpix.org/2434497/1058d22280404b4c9271d0618c1bedbb[1].png[/img]

Hoo boy

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

DoctorX posted:

"Character Trailer":

I don't think it's clear who she's addressing in that line, since these are just random lines from the game thrown together in a montage.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Danaru posted:

[timg]http://lpix.org/2434496/e76da47d783449a4946996f92daa1058[1].png[/timg]

Well that's interesting

Yeah, just from this screen, you can extrapolate what the likely scenario will be.

I'm guessing this is part of a decision game where each team votes for another team, and if one team gets two votes, they die. But if each team votes for a different team, nobody dies.

You can see that Carlos is apparently trying to set things up so the latter result happens. But can we trust everyone to stick to the plan? If one team gets killed, then the surviving teams get their passwords, and can get through the X Door faster. It's kind of like the Ambidex Game with higher stakes.

It's becoming even harder to trust Akane when she says that she has no idea what happened at the test site. It's like the scenarios in VLR were practice runs for what happens here.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Wyvernil posted:

I'm guessing this is part of a decision game where each team votes for another team, and if one team gets two votes, they die. But if each team votes for a different team, nobody dies.

I'm thinking this but only one team member dies each time a team gets two votes. Although maybe that's what you meant.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

DoctorX posted:

I'm thinking this but only one team member dies each time a team gets two votes. Although maybe that's what you meant.

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if it wiped out an entire team, though. If only one participant on a team got killed, would it be the same one each time, or would that be another random branching point?

I'm suspecting that this scenario could be the first decision game, since the flowchart has four branching paths, and there's four possible outcomes to this theoretical scenario(Team C eliminated, Team Q eliminated, Team D eliminated, or nobody eliminated).

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wyvernil posted:

Yeah, just from this screen, you can extrapolate what the likely scenario will be.

You can see that Carlos is apparently trying to set things up so the latter result happens. But can we trust everyone to stick to the plan? If one team gets killed, then the surviving teams get their passwords, and can get through the X Door faster. It's kind of like the Ambidex Game with higher stakes.

It's becoming even harder to trust Akane when she says that she has no idea what happened at the test site. It's like the scenarios in VLR were practice runs for what happens here.

It could just be that Akane was given the memory wiping drug, which would also explain Junpei as Tenmyouji not remembering all that time him and Akane spent on fake Mars.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually, it's because of All-ice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Junpei Hyde posted:

It could just be that Akane was given the memory wiping drug, which would also explain Junpei as Tenmyouji not remembering all that time him and Akane spent on fake Mars.

Also why post test site Sigma didn't write a letter to his VLR self that said "dear Sigma shoot any plague doctors on sight also you're welcome for the poster in the crew quarters"

Honestly the anti esper juice is astonishingly competent all things considered

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Wyvernil posted:

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if it wiped out an entire team, though. If only one participant on a team got killed, would it be the same one each time, or would that be another random branching point?

I'm suspecting that this scenario could be the first decision game, since the flowchart has four branching paths, and there's four possible outcomes to this theoretical scenario(Team C eliminated, Team Q eliminated, Team D eliminated, or nobody eliminated).

That would still make sense if instead of killing off the whole group they only kill one person. The main reason why I think they won't kill entire teams all at once is because that would make the game (as in, the in-story game, not necessarily the actual game) really short since there are only three teams. I think it makes more sense from a storytelling perspective to kill off characters one by one. But we'll see.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DoctorX posted:

"Character Trailer":

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Team Q, aka Team "small child and two psychos", is making me uncomfortable.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
At least he has a solid looking helmet. That should help.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motto posted:

This is Zero Escape, the kid is probably also a psycho.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So there is literally no way that Q is not either Quark for some stupid reason, A left clone, or Brother, right?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

So there is literally no way that Q is not either Quark for some stupid reason, A left clone, or Brother, right?

It's Clover again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Motto posted:

I can't wait for Mira to kill Eric and then spend the rest of the game stalking and trying to murder Q. And then she dies in a trap or something.

And then he dies, too, because Uchikoshi loves downer endings. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread