Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Pretty sure the Cavs in the playoffs, the Gladiators season underway, really affects how the Monsters are going to choose the home/away games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Penguins gonna lose.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Oh, well never mind me then!

You're not alone, I was confused as gently caress about this for the longest time :shobon:

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ThinkTank posted:

I watched the highlights this morning. I feel bad for you, but man both the tying goal and OT winner were impossibly weak. A limp wrister from above the circles that he just missed with his glove and a spin around shot that went fivehole somehow. That's pretty much all on Vollrath.

Yeah it was pretty heartbreaking because Vollrath actually had a hell of a game otherwise. A couple key breakaway stops and some huge stops in the third before that 0.2 debacle, in particular. Herringer was solid for Kelowna, too. Ah well. This series really was between the two best teams, it's a shame they had to meet in only the 2nd round. Seattle should be easy for the Rockets and I really don't think anybody in the east is as strong as Vic/Kel were this season overall. Even though Brandon scored a million goals. But with teenagers anything can happen, I guess.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

cenotaph posted:

Penguins gonna lose.

I am happy to say you are wrong. Pens win in overtime and the arena played party hard for the OT winner. Crowd was pretty pumped. (It probably helps that it was the first win at home in like a month.)

Edit: not saying they win the series but this was a great start.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye tie the series back up at 2 :coolfish:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Barrie has been the underdog in all 3 rounds so far and never once cracked the CHL top 10 this year yet still keep chugging along.

I believe. This year is the year.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

goldrush posted:

Seattle should be easy for the Rockets

Awwwwww... I hope not. :ohdear: How was their head to head record this year?

:hawksin:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Furnaceface posted:

Barrie has been the underdog in all 3 rounds so far and never once cracked the CHL top 10 this year yet still keep chugging along.

I believe. This year is the year.

This made me check the bracket and in the last round, three of the four OHL series were sweeps (lol Kingston), with only Erie dropping a game to Soo. Also game one of Erie-London went last night and London won 7-4. Both top draft eligible players, Tkachuk and DeBrincat, had hat tricks. That series sounds like it's going to be crazy.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
So I was looking at the Qmjhl site and noticed the goalie save percentages...

Chase Marchand: Rouyn - Noranda Huskies: 0.981 GAA: 0.41

Jebus

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

This made me check the bracket and in the last round, three of the four OHL series were sweeps (lol Kingston), with only Erie dropping a game to Soo. Also game one of Erie-London went last night and London won 7-4. Both top draft eligible players, Tkachuk and DeBrincat, had hat tricks. That series sounds like it's going to be crazy.

I really hope Erie finally beats the Knights. They deserve it. Dale Hunter deserves nothing but sadness. And yes every game is going to be a hilarious high scoring game.

Barrie and Niagara on the other hand have the 2 best OHL goalies so its going to probably be a very low scoring series.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I hope Niagara gets swept so as to underline the Fronts' humiliation even further.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Go Stars, hope you're not too tired by having to play all those extra games. Had a ticket to tonight's game but can't go since I work at 4am.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

2nd OT game in the WBS/Providence fame. WBS wins in OT twice. Daniel Sprong got two goals in his second game including the gwg.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Mage_Boy posted:

2nd OT game in the WBS/Providence fame. WBS wins in OT twice. Daniel Sprong got two goals in his second game including the gwg.

It's awesome they won those two games especially with so many guys being needed in Pittsburgh.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pens gonna...win? I guess adding an NHLish quality goal scorer helps quite a bit because they've looked like poo poo recently.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Tyson Jost is having an amazing U-18's, he only needs 3 points in 2 games to pass Kucherov's all time record at the tournament. He could play his way into the top 10 of the draft

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

Tyson Jost is having an amazing U-18's, he only needs 3 points in 2 games to pass Kucherov's all time record at the tournament. He could play his way into the top 10 of the draft

I think Pronman and Scott Wheeler have been giving him some love recently, yeah. Same with Fabbro.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is there anywhere to watch the Monsters?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is there anywhere to watch the Monsters?

AHL Live, that's it. Not on TV for... god if I know why.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Duke Chin posted:

Awwwwww... I hope not. :ohdear: How was their head to head record this year?

:hawksin:

Hey, the T-Birds won game 1! There is hope!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

So after a slow start, the Marlies thrashed the Sound Tigers pretty soundly. From the broadcast I learned that they're not the Tigers of Bridgeport Sound, but the Sound Tigers of Bridgeport. What the hell is a Sound Tiger?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Monsters' radio PBP guy sounds like he should be doing 15 second TV spots for used cars.

...but the Monsters have won (and swept) a series for the first time in their history. :whatup:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

So after a slow start, the Marlies thrashed the Sound Tigers pretty soundly. From the broadcast I learned that they're not the Tigers of Bridgeport Sound, but the Sound Tigers of Bridgeport. What the hell is a Sound Tiger?

Bridgeport is on the shores of the Long Island Sound.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Monsters' radio PBP guy sounds like he should be doing 15 second TV spots for used cars.

...but the Monsters have won (and swept) a series for the first time in their history. :whatup:

First Cleveland hockey playoff series win since 1999-2000 (Cleveland Lumberjacks). More paychecks for me!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pens sweep in double OT :toot:

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
IceDogs take both games in Barrie. 10-1 in the playoffs so far.

Nedeljkovic has been a godsend.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

cenotaph posted:

Pens sweep in double OT :toot:

Even after blowing the lead in all three games too! Man, I guess I am spending more money on hockey this year. Totally cool with that though!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

No matter how good they are in the regular season, the Milwaukee Admirals turn into a garbage team for stupid fuckers in the playoffs every. God. drat. YEAR.

:sigh:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

goldrush posted:

Hey, the T-Birds won game 1! There is hope!

T-birds won game two, too! :toot:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Just checked the Calder Cup scores and holy poo poo, is San Diego really gonna crash out after the year they had?

(Also, no NHLers in the 2018 Olympics has been all but confirmed, as the IOC is not going to pick up the tab for transit/insurance like they have in the past. So in other words the hockey tournament in--poo poo, I know it's in Korea, but where the gently caress I don't know--is probably going to be a junior/NCAA tournament.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dang there is _nobody_ at this Reading Royals playoff game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: ZOMBO HELL YEAH :siren:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ tiny goaltender Jeff Lerg is loving awesome

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DJExile posted:

jesus christ tiny goaltender Jeff Lerg is loving awesome

Can you tell me how tiny he is in a measurement people understand, like how many Altuves?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

Can you tell me how tiny he is in a measurement people understand, like how many Altuves?

he is 1.01 ALTV

he's 5'6"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: AJ JENKS GONNA FORCE GAME 7 :siren:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

:siren: AJ JENKS GONNA FORCE GAME 7 :siren:

and Jenks gets an ENG to force it :toot: go fish bitch

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is there a Capgeek-style site listing AHL player salaries? My dad asked how much they typically make and I know some two-way deals pay $125k, but it can't be terribly much.

I found numbers for 2012-13, but figure things have changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is there a Capgeek-style site listing AHL player salaries? My dad asked how much they typically make and I know some two-way deals pay $125k, but it can't be terribly much.

I found numbers for 2012-13, but figure things have changed.

I found a top 100 AHL free agent list from July of 2015.
http://www.pennlive.com/hersheybears/index.ssf/2015/07/top_100_ahl_free_agents_signin.html

It lists NHL and AHL salaries for a lot of them. I was shocked to find out Conor Sheary was only making 70k in the AHL...and he's on Crosby's wing now. :stare:

• Locked thread