Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

He should've built iceborne i m o

They had a 20 some odd kill Riven but she never built a single piece of MR so I could kill her with ult / q, but that was also a matter of her not seeing me first. It was a dumb game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hi, I heard this game was popular so I checked it out yesterday and played two really fun matches with human players. Jinx was fun to play but I had a lot of luck with Lux and using her ultimates to snipe people, I think I'm a natural pro at that. Everything I played with seemed real chill so maybe this game will be a fun place to unwind for 15 minutes.

Edit: The only thing I don't really get is the shop, there's just so many options. I heard stuff about using a guide for a specific character but I'd rather just play whatever Legend I feel like at the time so I don't think it's worth remembering any builds or anything.

Unfortunately you'll soon find that this game is neither chill nor 15 minutes.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is their a server for like chill dads who just want kick back while their kids at school

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is their a server for like chill dads who just want kick back while their kids at school

Coop vs AI queue is what you are looking for. It's literally nothing but chill people having a good time winning 99% of their matches.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I usually only do co-op vs AI when I am not feeling like playing but want the fwotd and there are some cranky weirdos in it with thousands of bot games who yell at you for "kill stealing" or trying to take towers and end the game.

I feel like ARAM is more chill but there are also ARAM tryhard weirdos who rage about team comps and yell at people.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

overwatch is coming out soon, try that

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Safety Scissors posted:

Speaking of characters getting second reworks, when is Fiora getting hers? The vitals thing was a cute idea, but I'm ready to move on. Riot could retune riposte a bit and make that her ult, then give her a new passive and W.

You shut your whore mouth, Fiora is my favourite champion in the game in her current state. She's a lot of fun to play and has more 50/50 matchups (or within the 45/55 range at least) than basically any other top laner. She has counterplay available to her against most things and most champions similar can outplay the Fiora.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
sometimes when you're 2-2 in a series and then 2 of your teammates never connect from level 1, that's when u wish super monday night combat was still a thing

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

rabidsquid posted:

I usually only do co-op vs AI when I am not feeling like playing but want the fwotd and there are some cranky weirdos in it with thousands of bot games who yell at you for "kill stealing" or trying to take towers and end the game.

I feel like ARAM is more chill but there are also ARAM tryhard weirdos who rage about team comps and yell at people.

Both of these things are true. I have seen some of the most insane hateful poo poo come from a presumably 12 year old playing Yasuo in a bot game because I dared to roam to mid after taking my own tower down. Granted, I intentionally started stealing all of the CS and kills as soon as he started raging, so some of it is my own fault, but I don't understand what triggered the rage fest in the first place.

About the only time I rage in ARAM is when someone builds poo poo like AP Caitlyn when you're on a team with pure magic damage dealers and that was our only AD threat on the team. It turned what could have been an easy 20 minute win into a 45 minute loss when our carries could barely scratch their two tanks who didn't build any armor items.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Play ARAM or one of the rotating game modes imho

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

The Mash posted:

She's a lot of fun to play and has more 50/50 matchups (or within the 45/55 range at least) than basically any other top laner. She has counterplay available to her against most things and most champions similar can outplay the Fiora.

Yeah, I think fiora as she's tuned now is pretty much gold standard for rewarding good play & counterplay. Pre-nerf not as much, but they definitely nailed the kit's mechanics in the rework. If all reworks are as good as her and poppy ill be happy.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Coop vs AI queue is what you are looking for. It's literally nothing but chill people having a good time winning 99% of their matches.

Is this a joke? Bot game players are huge assholes.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
haha they are the biggest dicks in the game possibly, luckily you can 1v5 bot games anyways

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i started doing /mute all recently and the games are actually pretty chill

as much as i enjoy reading the poo poo people right when im just focusing on climbing its much easier if the only thing in the chat log is me writing summoner timers

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Radical posted:

i started doing /mute all recently and the games are actually pretty chill

as much as i enjoy reading the poo poo people right when im just focusing on climbing its much easier if the only thing in the chat log is me writing summoner timers

How did you spell 'writing' correctly but used right instead of write earlier in the same sentence.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

GreyPowerVan posted:

How did you spell 'writing' correctly but used right instead of write earlier in the same sentence.

:iiam:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the keys are pretty close

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008
I used to do bot games regularly for fwotd and there really are a ton of insane/hostile people in them. If you play on TT you can easily solo it though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Are you guys serious? I honestly can't remember the last angry person I've seen in a bot game. Do you goad them on or something? I play them all the time while I'm on extremely long work teleconferences and I never have any issues with anybody (except for those who go afk).

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i had two guys report me and flame me because i mandropped on their lane and double killed the bots they were trying to lane against. this was like 2 years ago though

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Last week in a bot game, I had a person scream at me because I dared to not follow the top mid duo-bot jungle meta and ran duo top with AD Kennen.

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008

Libertine posted:

Are you guys serious? I honestly can't remember the last angry person I've seen in a bot game. Do you goad them on or something? I play them all the time while I'm on extremely long work teleconferences and I never have any issues with anybody (except for those who go afk).

I get people swearing at me often for winning too quickly - if you're ad you can usually burn down towers faster than some people would like. I think a lot of people do bot games to live out their endgame fantasy so it doesn't jive well with getting the game over fast. This is just on TT though - no idea what SR is like.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

No, all you have to do is show up in someone elses lane in order to "provoke" these people.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK

TheBuckmister posted:

I get people swearing at me often for winning too quickly - if you're ad you can usually burn down towers faster than some people would like. I think a lot of people do bot games to live out their endgame fantasy so it doesn't jive well with getting the game over fast. This is just on TT though - no idea what SR is like.

Never played a TT bot game in my life but I remember seeing this all the time when I used to do SR bot games for the daily 150 ip. I'd say about half the time someone says 'don't end' as we're pushing their base by 15 mins, though far fewer people than that actually get pissed about it by the endgame screen.

I assumed it was because people want more IP, but being denied their fantasy makes sense too.

Koskinator fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 25, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
RIP Urf

I lost 2/3rds of my games of you, I developed an even finer hatred for Zed players than I already had and I lost so many games at champ select it was bordering insanity.

But you made me appreciate Bard even more; and I am glad you gave me the opportunity to play AA bard with amazing bullshit lanes of power.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is this a joke? Bot game players are huge assholes.

Yeah, like everyone is pointing out, bot game players are angrier about their bot games than people in solo queue are about their ranked matches and I think the general toxicity of solo queue players rank pretty high in the online games leaderboard so that is something.

Libertine posted:

Yeah, they're all serious. I play one bot game for each new champion I buy so I have about 120 something bot games and the only thing in common I've seen between the NA and BR servers is that people get angry when:

* You go to their lane even if it's a typically duo lane and they want to solo it, disregard the fact there are 3 lanes and 5 players.
* But also get annoyed if you test a jungler because it's making the match slower for them and they want to finish it fast.

And they get impossibly mad when:

* You go to their lane gank and kill a bot. That almost always guarantees an "I'll report you for KS".

It's so bizarre.

Gridlocked posted:

RIP Urf

I lost 2/3rds of my games of you, I developed an even finer hatred for Zed players than I already had and I lost so many games at champ select it was bordering insanity.

But you made me appreciate Bard even more; and I am glad you gave me the opportunity to play AA bard with amazing bullshit lanes of power.

Zed is annoying to deal with but I think I hate playing against Fizz and Sonas much more.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Koskinator posted:

Never played a TT bot game in my life but I remember seeing this all the time when I used to do SR bot games for the daily 150 ip. I'd say about half the time someone says 'don't end' as we're pushing their base by 15 mins, though far fewer people than that actually get pissed about it by the endgame screen.

I assumed it was because people want more IP, but being denied their fantasy makes sense too.

I'm new to the game and was playing some bot games to get my bearings - this happened a lot and I wasn't angry, but it didn't seem representative of how the game actually is in PvP. Stopped playing bot games pretty quickly.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

URF... really isn't all that fun. It's just whoever gets more of: Fizz, Alistair, Malzahar, and Maokai. Which is not to say your team couldn't have got them too, but your team is going to inexplicably get Heimerdinger, Vayne, and Illaoi 5 times in a row instead.

Bring back Ascension.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vlad is good against a few of those. Vlad is silly in URF in general though because if you max w you have 0.8 seconds of vulnerability.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Koskinator posted:

There is a pretty big boost to xp (and I think ip) at 20 minutes, so it is a lot more efficient to pay the extra 5 minutes. There definitely are people who get mad about endgame fantasy or ksing or whatever, but anecdotally most of the time I've had it happen it's because of that, especially pre 30.

E: Also, some people are just going to rage no matter what

Yeah, it happens like one every 30 games for me vvvvvvv

foutre fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 25, 2016

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I'm pretty sure all you guys talking about how bot game players are angry are either full of poo poo or are actually the real assholes. I've done like 300+ bot games with my wife and I literally can't remember anyone getting mad. The "worst" thing I see said is something like questioning why I'm supporting with <champion>. After I explain that "it is a bot game, who cares", that's pretty much the end of it.

Actually no, I do remember someone getting mad. I was playing old burst mage gragas and was absolutely trying to snipe every kill I could.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never type anything in to chat in bot games and see that stuff. Also "it's a bot game, who cares" is really way more incendiary than most things you could say to these people :v:

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
You say that, yet no one has reacted negatively.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Do you people having no experiences with angry players play in Beginner or Intermediate? I only play in Intermediate. Of course this might not explain anything but I guess it's worth asking.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

Do you people having no experiences with angry players play in Beginner or Intermediate? I only play in Intermediate. Of course this might not explain anything but I guess it's worth asking.
All the time, to the point I play Nocturne or Twisted Fate just to troll other people and take their kills.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
It depends on what my wife feels like but I'd say 80% of the time we are against intermediates.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I've played hundreds of bot games (almost all of which are vs intermediate bots) for my first win of the day and there's almost never anyone who rages. The worst thing I've seen in like 99% of games is "I called x lane" *10 retreat pings*. Assholes exist in any game mode of course but bot players are mostly chill people trying to get some quick ip or learn a new champion.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Tried a bot game tonight and people got real mad Bird Girl kept sniping they kills. It was rather enjoyable.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Here's a Professional Tip for URF: play someone with reliable CC. Leona, for example, has a 1s stun on a 2s cooldown, on top of all her other CC and permanently active W. You should buy Titanic Hydra and then all tank items. See what happens, my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Seriously though, watch Zed try to ult you then whimper as he can do nothing while you beat him to death with the flat side of your shield.

• Locked thread