Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I mean Kash did flip vanilla town, nothing indicative of a cult in his role PM.

but there is apparently a chaos covenant? I don't know what it is but I am apparently in it now, and I thought that had something to do with Kashunos thing but ya now I don't know :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

It could be if they kill Gwynn and link the fire we all go back to being humanish and the age of fire keeps on turning. This time they literally did start the fire. However if they decide to not link the fire we go into the age of dark and kaathe basically wins we all get hosed by gigantic abyss Manus things.

So...this could be a good thing or a bad thing and we just don't know? Someone tell me how to feel about this!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

tpink posted:

So...this could be a good thing or a bad thing and we just don't know? Someone tell me how to feel about this!

You should be afraid if the person chooses to be the dark lord you become their bitch.

Tell me why I shouldn't vote for you in 3 posts of at least 150 characters each. Spelling, punctuation and grammar counts. :eng101:

JakeP posted:

A cult is generally a third party thing where a cult recruiter recruits a player each night, and the cult wins when it controls the majority of votes, but I don't think that is what Kash's thing was.

Okay so if there was scum and a cult would those two get along or is it a nuclear war? Is the cult a bigger threat to the scum or the town?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

JakeP posted:

but there is apparently a chaos covenant? I don't know what it is but I am apparently in it now, and I thought that had something to do with Kashunos thing but ya now I don't know :shrug:

Its basically a bunch of dudes who worship a waifu in exchange for being able to toss gigantic gently caress off fireballs around.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

##vote Hiipfire

Until the request is fulfilled.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Azuth0667 posted:

Okay so if there was scum and a cult would those two get along or is it a nuclear war? Is the cult a bigger threat to the scum or the town?

Cults are super uncommon, but generally they get harder to deal with as a game goes on, but its hard to play around really. Best to just assume there isn't one and hope for the best rather than try to hunt out a unconfirmed cult. Especially considering there isn't really a reason to expect one since I think the only reason we are even talking about this is the whole Kashuno thing, that seems like it is nothing based on his flip.

Honestly it could be why he was killed, the scum team might have been worried he was a cult recruiter and didn't want to deal with that.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

JakeP posted:

Cults are super uncommon, but generally they get harder to deal with as a game goes on, but its hard to play around really. Best to just assume there isn't one and hope for the best rather than try to hunt out a unconfirmed cult. Especially considering there isn't really a reason to expect one since I think the only reason we are even talking about this is the whole Kashuno thing, that seems like it is nothing based on his flip.

Honestly it could be why he was killed, the scum team might have been worried he was a cult recruiter and didn't want to deal with that.

Yeah that's where I was going with this rurea was the first one to complain about a cult then Kashuno ends up dead. If scum has a harder time with a cult than the town would that makes rurea suspect.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

You guys are so bad at reading. There were two flips, kashuno AND chaoslord. chaoslord was a cult recruiter.

Also Jimson your flips are worded so goddamn poorly

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
oh, well if i missed anything i blame mod for not using bold

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Actually I am bad at reading too, because apparently it was a town-aligned cult???? gently caress this game

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Jimson posted:

While there is truly no night in Lordran, the cursed undead of Firelink have taken to sleeping at what approximates to a day and night cycle. It is one of the truly strange phenomena that comes with having such a small community of people in such a strange land. The "Dawn" brings with it troubling news. One of the undead who has spent much of their life in and out of Firelink Shrine has been found dead, his body taken from this world, his spirit returned to his own. The only reminder that he was once there are the fragments of a red orb left at the scene of the crime.

Kashuno Town Aligned Member of the Chaos Covenant has been slain.
Lucid Undead Vanilla Town

"Good bye then.
Be safe, friend.
Don't you dare go Hollow."
While the chosen undead is getting all the attention, life must still go on for those of us that have no control over our own destinies, but through choice, and sheer force of will, you may be able to change and guide your own fates through ##vote to lynch a player.
You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

During the "night" a great soul has been extinguished. In its place is left darkness, but on the horizon within that imperceptible black sits a small ember waiting to be fanned. Whether this spells the end of his mission or reignites his cause depends on the care, and the fuel used to feed it. Only time will tell for now.

Town Aligned 3p Chaoslord has been slaughtered.

Kingseeker Frampt Mason Recruiter Town
"Hm? No, no, I'm fine, I'm fine. Well and wide awake! Do not treat me like an old withering snake."

Lordran is a cycle, it has always been a cycle. Fools who seek to end this cycle only bring about their own undoing. Your job is to guide the Chosen undead in reigniting the first flame, and prolonging the age of fire.

Once per night you may ##Invite a player to help with kindling the first flame. If they agree they will lose their current role and alignment and become a FirstFlame(3p) with Bulletproof(1). They also gain a new win condition: FirstFlame wins when the only players alive are FirstFlame. You win when either all players are FirstFlame, or all threats to town have been eliminated.

Now begins, a new day.

Night 2 will end 04/26/2016 12:00 Pacific time.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rurea posted:

Actually I am bad at reading too, because apparently it was a town-aligned cult???? gently caress this game

I don't see no cults their :clint:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
So I've been thinking a lot about the flavor of the game. There could be lots of really interesting combinations of town aligned or self aligned 3p.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Flavor wise who would be mafia though? Bosses maybe?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Rurea

Masons and cults are 2 different things.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

##vote Rurea

did chaos ever confirm his mason partner?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

Flavor wise who would be mafia though? Bosses maybe?

Seethe the Scaleless was a scum. Someone also was killed by a darkwraith so 4-kings or Kaathe could be. That leaves us with Nito as well who is probably just chilling in his coffin.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rurea posted:

:darksouls: are you going hollow?!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote Rurea

I must be taking crazy pills or something :

quote:

Once per night you may ##Invite a player to help with kindling the first flame. If they agree they will lose their current role and alignment and become a FirstFlame(3p) with Bulletproof(1). They also gain a new win condition: FirstFlame wins when the only players alive are FirstFlame. You win when either all players are FirstFlame, or all threats to town have been eliminated.

Bolding is mine. Looks an awful lot like a cult to me

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also to reiterate, I've never played any dark souls game or really know anything about it at all. So i'm going off what is given to me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

quote:

ou win when either all players are FirstFlame, or all threats to town have been eliminated.

looks town 2 me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Eh...

#vote Rarity

This is the right vote anyway.

That vote analysis list is scummy as poo poo. Anyhow I'm in a covenant now, but still VT and I don't have a big rear end fireball. Otherwise I'd blast some scum fools.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

chaos was basically an empowerer, right

turn VTs into 1x bp isn't a bad deal

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what does it mean to be in a covenant

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

what does it mean to be in a covenant

So far, as far as I can tell. Nothing. I just know who else is in the same covenant, no extra communication, no abilities. I imagine it might come into play later, but as of right now... bragging rights?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Azuth0667 posted:

Tell me why I shouldn't vote for you in 3 posts of at least 150 characters each. Spelling, punctuation and grammar counts. :eng101:
no

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Even with all the explanations of roles here, I still don't know exactly where that leaves us.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

Even with all the explanations of roles here, I still don't know exactly where that leaves us.

That leaves us needing to find scum within the context of their posting. There have been lots of funny posts. Posts with dark souls pictures and jokes, but look at who is throwing shade and at how they throw it. My suspicion is highest on Rarity and KB, not because they came after me, but their posts are fake, and they know it. KB couldn't even answer my question directed at him. If not scum, some type of non town aligned 3P.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is there any case on Hiip besides 'ugh, lurker'?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

chaos was basically an empowerer, right

turn VTs into 1x bp isn't a bad deal

Actually it doesn't specify he can only target VTs , so literally ANY role or alignment could have been converted. That means we could have lost a cop, doctor, tracker, or anything to it. Not very pro-town imo

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

flerp posted:

looks town 2 me

I don't like the way it's worded, the sentence preceding that almost directly contradicts.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Rarity posted:

Yes, he has not given Azuth the essay requested.

But really no t that I am aware, could lynch anyway just to make sure?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
well i guess if all the threats are dead you get to just keep inviting them w/o risk of dying and you (and everyone else) wins. idk its confusing but i think its a town-aligned recruiting mason that gives people bulletproof.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
so p good for like making some of the vts better

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
but hes dead so who gives a gently caress

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rarity posted:

I'll make one

Here's hiipfires first actual game-related post that is worth looking at

HiipFire posted:

I'm really suspicious of all the people claiming vanilla
When asked why:

HiipFire posted:

1. cause claiming this early with no pressure makes no sense
2. if they're hypothetically town, they're making it easier for scum to find power roles to nk
3. vanilla is a simple fakeclaim for scum

I have to say, I like his reasoning.
He votes for Inf, flipped scum. Then also throws down some OMGUS on Pmom, who has been hard on his dick all game for meta reasons, which is really lovely imo.
PMom, your relentless tunneling on hiip isnt helping anyone out.

HiipFire posted:

You're fake and bad hth. Why are you being so unnecessarily hostile against Krell?

##vote AA

Defends Krell, who at this point is actually making the most sense.

I don't get any major scummy vibes from this stuff, anyone care to point out what I'm missing?

Azuth0667 posted:

This is lame though. I don't think you really need to spend 450 words on why you are town, but a one-word, dismissive response doesn't help your case at all.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

flerp posted:

but hes dead so who gives a gently caress

yeah im over it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That leaves us needing to find scum within the context of their posting. There have been lots of funny posts. Posts with dark souls pictures and jokes, but look at who is throwing shade and at how they throw it. My suspicion is highest on Rarity and KB, not because they came after me, but their posts are fake, and they know it. KB couldn't even answer my question directed at him. If not scum, some type of non town aligned 3P.

I'm going to waste a post here to call out how dishonest this is. I haven't made another post since you asked your question. And you are well aware of my reasoning for it, even if you disbelieve.

This is SUPER scummy. My vote is in the right place.

I guess I'll take a moment now to megapost though so this isn't wasted. Even though people don't seem to want to read all the words. :)

---

JakeP posted:

Stuff about rarity being scum

Hmmm, I guess I can see this. Would vote.

---

GulagDolls posted:

rurea scum

Yes, more are seeing it.

---

I made 2 posts before I voted, and it was on the subsequent IRL day. The last post before those 2 was 16 hours before so catching up was being done. Then I voted again incase the votes got reset. So there's some inconsistency in your accusation here. You're trying to spin my posting into a scum context, but as soon as I saw the results of Infinitum claiming, I posted a vote and questioned why there weren't more because he was clearly scum.

What did I say and when did I say it? My comments in response to Rarity are relevant here. You're not actually reading more so than trying to place my votes and posts in a scummy context and there's actually none to be had.

Ok, so context. Not many people paying attention to Inf. Then Rarity and Kashuno are all like, why aren't people paying attention to Inf? He's obviously scum. On the same page, a couple of posts about Dark Souls, then:

I suck at all the Souls games. I reinstalled 1 last night and remembered that I was terrible.

So you ignore the stuff on the same page about Inf, but respond to the dark souls stuff. You show no interest in Inf here. Then in about an hour we get Rurea's case on Inf and vote. Revolver jumps on with his own vote. And then you post a couple minutes later:

Why aren't there more votes on infinitum, he claimed roleblocker with no protective capabilities.

##vote Infinitum

This is SOOOO fake. OMG. The writing was on the wall, your scum buddy Inf was going to go down so you decided to jump on here while making it seem like you are in disbelief that others haven't done it. It's the combo of these two posts that looks especially bad to me especially in light of the flow of the game.

I will say, the only thing that gives me pause is I don't think you and Rurea could be in a scum doc together, so if I'm right about you, I'm wrong about him, and vice versa.

---

Speaking of Rurea again, remember this post?

Rurea posted:

I really think KB is scummmmm. His vote on me was really useless, especially if he has a post limit. You would think he would choose his votes wisely

No vote on me. Never revisited this. I think this was scum floating something to see if it picked up steam before voting. No one else picked up the bait so he dropped it.

---

Moatillata posted:

If this doesn't work I'm gonna have to give pyromancy a go.

Jimson posted:

A great flame has been re-ignited

Related?

---

So right now I'd be willing to vote AA, Rurea, and Rarity I guess.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

Nope someone please daykill or do something to toss the lurker so we can get back to scum hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

otoh, "wow pmom is claiming VT that's suspish" is a scum argument 100% of the time

please refer to every previous game i've played

• Locked thread