Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

lorn Wayne posted:

Seriously America, thank you for providing us with this clownshow. UK politics can be pretty drat boring sometimes!

No problem. Thanks for being our loyal lapdog. Good luck on your referendum in June on whether you still want to be Germany's bitch too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Goetta posted:

Reminder that Kaisch is the guy who doesn't write his annual State of Ohio speeches as governor and thinks he is clever enough to go up there and wing it for an hour.

He kind of is! :v:

quote:

And I also want to give a nice comment about my wife, Karen Kasich. Sweetie, stand, take a little wave, would you, okay?

(Applause)

I remember that cartoon that said, "Kasich will still not reveal how he snagged that hot wife."

A year ago, Ohio ranked 48th in job creation. We trailed only Michigan and California in lost jobs-Michigan, the home of the auto industry that was devastated and California, of course, filled by a bunch of wackadoodles.

Theresa, you come and get this medal.

(Award presented)

(Applause)

We don't want to see those on eBay ladies.

We want all of you, I don't care who you are, in this legislature, I don't care who you are in this crowd, if you have an idea that you think can help create jobs and advance our society and our state, tell us. Don't be shy. I don't bite. Most times.

But you think of the University of Cincinnati, performance medicine in Dayton, our children's hospitals, we got the best stuff in the whole world. And what we got as a result of it, think about this: Phillips, the great, great medical company moved their imaging R&D from San Jose, California, to Cleveland. That's better than the Super Bowl for the Browns, okay? That's a fantastic thing.

(Applause)

Okay, well, maybe not better than the Super Bowl, but equal to a Super Bowl, okay?

(Audience laughter)

So, we went and bought all this fiber. It's like this black fiber which means you can send stuff so fast. It's high speed. It's beyond high speed Internet. And I'm announcing today we're going to increase the speed of OARnet, from 10 gigabytes per second to 100 gigabytes per second and what does that mean? It's not Back to the Future with gigabytes. I mean, this really means something.
https://www.heraldstaronline.com/page/content.detail/id/569998/Transcript-of-Kasich-speech-released.html?nav=5103

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its odd that they're not citing the real reason for the suspicion regarding Norquist, that his wife is Palestinian and he had the temerity to defend Muslims against xenophobes: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/01/cathie-adams-grover-norquist_n_3372347.html

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsW9MlYu31g

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah he isn't popular here

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I'm just glad that my former governor's sheer incompetence is on full display to the country.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Today in obvious polling news: Donald Trump is incredibly unpopular among millenials

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

How can Donald Trump try to win their nonvotes??

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

they can chase norquist out of the nra if they want. he won't care, now that he's found the vape life

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

That social cost disappears post-Bernie, then it'll be only as bad as it usually is to be a millennial GOP voter (still not good, but I can work with it).

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Glenn Beck thinks that this bathroom thing is going to be the thing that destroys Trump and wins Cruz everything.

IN STADIUMS U WILL HAVE MEN IN WOMENS RESTROOMS... AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MEN GET ALL LIQUIRED UP???

NOW PERVERTS, STRAIGHT GUYS, WILL GO INTO WOMENS BATHROOMS! PEDOPHILES WILL GO INTO THEIR BATHROOM OF CHOICE!

He mad about Bathrooms.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/CassieSpodak/status/724624587967881216

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Normally I'd say that GE polls this far out are meaningless but these numbers literally didn't look any different last November when Trump became the frontrunner, and a LOT of poo poo has happened to move them.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/DemsRRealRacist/status/724624716510556160

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

IN STADIUMS U WILL HAVE MEN IN WOMENS RESTROOMS

I think people of all genders can agree that nobody wants to be in stadium restrooms.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Alter Ego posted:

Normally I'd say that GE polls this far out are meaningless but these numbers literally didn't look any different last November when Trump became the frontrunner, and a LOT of poo poo has happened to move them.

Clinton is only 3 points ahead in the latest GE poll. Trump is going to be president.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/JTSantucci/status/724627413120987137

lmao

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Bernice Anders posted:

Clinton is only 3 points ahead in the latest GE poll. Trump is going to be president.

I've already toxxed for this, so I say this seriously: Trump will not be the Republican nominee. They will burn the party down before they give it to him.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

MC Nietzche posted:

I've already toxxed for this, so I say this seriously: Trump will not be the Republican nominee. They will burn the party down before they give it to him.

Enjoy your ban.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If you're cherrypicking, you're losing.

Trump will be the nom though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This Kasich/Cruz deal is making me rethink my IN primary options. Trump may not be the most hilarious chaos voting option any more.

Buckle up!

Also Kasich Imma vote via Email, sorry mailmen.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

furiouskoala posted:

What do you guys think of Gingrich as Trump's VP? He has spoken well of Trump, has Clinton battling experience, and Trump has said that he wants someone who can help him navigate the Washington bureaucracy.

My first knee jerk reaction is that Newt is too fat and unhealthy to be a force in politics anymore. Unless something has changed over the past year, an active political role is not an obese man's game.

Same reason you can look at Al Gore and know he's not serious about public office.

As for the Newt scandals...I'm betting they are prostitute orgies and possibly drugs. :shrug:

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Slate Action posted:

If you're cherrypicking, you're losing.

Trump will be the nom though.

I'm not cherrypicking. I picked the latest GE poll there is. Clinton is an incredibly weak candidate and Trump will beat her easily. I wish it wasn't the case, but we have to live in reality, not fantasy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

Glenn Beck thinks that this bathroom thing is going to be the thing that destroys Trump and wins Cruz everything.

IN STADIUMS U WILL HAVE MEN IN WOMENS RESTROOMS... AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MEN GET ALL LIQUIRED UP???

NOW PERVERTS, STRAIGHT GUYS, WILL GO INTO WOMENS BATHROOMS! PEDOPHILES WILL GO INTO THEIR BATHROOM OF CHOICE!

He mad about Bathrooms.

Does beck really think the modern public cares or is socialy regressive enough for that to be the "hill to die on" poo poo.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a kasich asks a cruz to carry it to the convention. the cruz hesitates, afraid of being betrayed, but the kasich argues that if it did so, they would both be trumped. considering this, the cruz agrees. as they approach indiana the kasich shouts "vote kasich", betraying the cruz, dooming them both. when the cruz asks the kasich why, the kasich replies "it is my nature".

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

MC Nietzche posted:

Interesting possibility :shrug:

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Mr. Pumroy posted:

a kasich asks a cruz to carry it to the convention. the cruz hesitates, afraid of being betrayed, but the kasich argues that if it did so, they would both be trumped. considering this, the cruz agrees. as they approach indiana the kasich shouts "vote kasich", betraying the cruz, dooming them both. when the cruz asks the kasich why, the kasich replies "it is my nature".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

My first knee jerk reaction is that Newt is too fat and unhealthy to be a force in politics anymore.

Yea, if you're as old and unhealthy as Trump, you need a younger, healthier VP. Obama didn't have this issue, so he could pick an older VP to add experience to the ticket.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

MC Nietzche posted:

I can't wait to see their next wacky plan actually.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

I think in this case they're just seizing on the opportunity in the only places where the line for the men's room is longer than the line for the women's room

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Bernice Anders posted:

Enjoy your ban.

All he evidence points to them screwing him. Remember the rules committee meets before the convention proper. All this 1237 poo poo and he 8 state threshold that was decided in 2012 and isn't binding on 2016 until they (the people on the rules committee) say it is. They tweak the rules to make Trump lose on ballot one and then nominate someone else.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

WampaLord posted:

So this is what it's like when worlds collide.

:golfclap:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Yea, if you're as old and unhealthy as Trump, you need a younger, healthier VP. Obama didn't have this issue, so he could pick an older VP to add experience to the ticket.

I have no idea why this became a serious thing people still talk about after 2008. It's pretty weird.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

MC Nietzche posted:

All he evidence points to them screwing him. Remember the rules committee meets before the convention proper. All this 1237 poo poo and he 8 state threshold that was decided in 2012 and isn't binding on 2016 until they (the people on the rules committee) say it is. They tweak the rules to make Trump lose on ballot one and then nominate someone else.

Nah

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Maybe The Trump was in our hearts all along...

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Yeah.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

MC Nietzche posted:

And Cruz's nutcases will do it optics be damned. He has the mandate of heaven. He will save the country by destroying it and triggering the rapture.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/724630951792369664

:cripes: :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Mr. Pumroy posted:

:drat:

• Locked thread