Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Spectral Debt posted:

After I lift I immediately usually do cardio, about 15-25 min of running or stairs (pulsating from sprint to jog). Is this bad for my gains? I need more stamina points.

That's nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Also, no sex helps building muscle/performance :D

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Uxzuigal posted:

Well, not like any of us goons were getting laid anytime soon anyway. :boom:

E: Yes I am aware of my anime girl avatar.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 24, 2016

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

long distance running kills the muscle

:( rip all my gains. 15-20 minutes def. doesn't count as distance running or gain killer though.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got some ranger panties. Wife's immediate reaction was to scream "you're gay!!!"

:getin:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Uxzuigal posted:

good luck getting proper hip drive without legit experience

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Uxzuigal posted:

If you haven't already completely annihilated your sex drive in pursuit of the swole then I question your commitment, my friends.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

FogHelmut posted:

good luck getting proper hip drive without legit experience

:D Well no problem there but:

A study (cannot find the link, sorry) showed upto 150% increase in testesterone levels after 7 days no sex. (Hands included). There's a reason for some top athelete having no-sex rules. :>
That being said.. I doubt very many of us are top 1% athelete in the world.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Uxzuigal posted:

:D Well no problem there but:

A study (cannot find the link, sorry) showed upto 150% increase in testesterone levels after 7 days no sex. (Hands included). There's a reason for some top athelete having no-sex rules. :>
That being said.. I doubt very many of us are top 1% athelete in the world.

What do you mean hands included OP? Can we yank our cranks or no?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
loving lovely gym closing two hours early last night for no reason gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

I was able to get out of bed this morning that means I didn't lift hard enough.

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Revenants Return posted:

What do you mean hands included OP? Can we yank our cranks or no?

No yanking the cranks, sorry. Atleast not 7 days before record lifts :p
Interesting enough 6 days no-sex didn't have "any" effect compared to 7 days.

Renegret posted:

loving lovely gym closing two hours early last night for no reason gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

I was able to get out of bed this morning that means I didn't lift hard enough.

Feel free to borrow my arms, they are permanently bent now I think :D

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
girls are ruining my gains right now and so is work, quitting both

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
work is bad

gym is good

muscle good

girl good

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Girls are a complete waste of time and T.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
men...good?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

men...good?

Only alphas.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

soy posted:

I do not avoid women, soy. But I do deny them my essence.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

soy posted:

pretty sure this post is a ruse, as I always heard soy actually helps to raise estrogen levels

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
What is even going on there

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
World Championship Bladder Control.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
4-pack and a pony keg

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Are all of his organs herniated?

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
Shoulder, technique becoming alot better, narrow grip benching helped me quite abit:
80kg/175lbs bench done, now repping sets at 155lbs... Also doing a excercise to help rotary cuff stabilization muscles abit (no idea how to explain it, but it works).

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
But what is hip thrust, really?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I deadlifted at novice level for my bodyweight today, which was very impressive to me as a very weak person. I've also eaten like 3,500 calories and I am still so hungry!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
increase your salami intake

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The grease of life.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Why the gently caress does my gym only have one squat rack, this fuckers been in it for 20 minutes and won't get out or let me work in because he's 'supah-settin!'

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Goddamnit, I had a lovely gym session. My knee started hurting again. I've been stretching and foam rolling basically every night, and it seemed the past 2 weeks or so it helped, I could squat again and had worked slowly up to 135 and then tonight my knee started doing it again, before I even put any weight on the bar. I didn't really warm up a lot by stretching right before the workout which maybe is what caused it. I'm not sure, but it bummed me out so bad I didn't even stay to do my upper body. The pain and symptoms basically perfectly match patellofemoral syndrome. I'm hoping maybe I just need to stay on top of the stretching and foam rolling for a while longer. Probably get a real mobility routine, as basically all I have been doing is the couch stretch and a few hamstring stretches plus foam rolling. Going to order a lacrosse ball tonight and start doing the limber 11 routine. If all that doesn't help after a few weeks, I guess I'll make an appointment with a physio.

FWIW before I got this job working a ton of hours on my feet, I literally never had issues with my knees and got up to like 225 on my squats.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
youu fuckin fartbox, i told you to go see a knee doctoe weeks ago

but you did not listen! now you pay the price!!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Zzulu posted:

youu fuckin fartbox, i told you to go see a knee doctoe weeks ago

but you did not listen! now you pay the price!!

yeah maybe. i work like 60 hour weeks every week for almost the past year, doing life is really tough. i'm surprised i've gotten this far. i will see the knee doctor if this issue isn't resolved soon for sure

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

yeah maybe. i work like 60 hour weeks every week for almost the past year, doing life is really tough. i'm surprised i've gotten this far. i will see the knee doctor if this issue isn't resolved soon for sure

when you sit down on the ground, are you able to hyper-extend your knee? A healthy knee joint should be able to hyper extend a bit. You will know you are doing int because your hamstrings will stay on the ground but your heel will come up maybe a half inch or so off the floor.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I tried squatting again after that event last week, only going up to 40% 1RM. No pain but I feel really stiff, can barely get down to parallel.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
If it's pain above where the knee cap attaches to your leg it's probably something in your quads. Sit on the ground with your leg in front of you and roll an empty barbell over it and tell us all how it feels.

e: obviously don't roll over the knee cap start above there

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I have a feeling that if any exercise is likely to wreck my body in the future it'll be deadlifts. I like them but starting to wonder whether I should still be doing them...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
squats and deads can and probably will injure you if you do them wrong and too heavy. lift light until you feel solid as gently caress in your tecnique and you should be fine

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Try a 30 Day Squat Challenge and pink dumbbell curls until you "build up a base" then move on to machines never improve

This one seems very scientific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Oh poo poo I just found a 28 day one we just saved two days BAZINGA

Make sure you rest on days 27 and 28 the challenge wont work without it

• Locked thread