Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I really hope that Renee gets added as a permanent cast member to Total Divas, because I need more Deadpan Dean in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Daymond John should have laughed at the Bellas lingerie charity idea and told them to leave his office.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The shirt Dean was wearing whilst Bryan was bitching about everyone drinking cracked me up

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This last episode really sucked.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yup

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/715682358461079555

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Is that actually what's happening? Amanda's not even going to last for a second season?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That's surprising to me, since it seemed like they were grooming her to replace Eva. Maybe Eva's renewed prominence on WWE TV is a sign that E! didn't take the bait.

It's going to be interesting next season, since by that point (presumably) Brie will have retired and Nikki will be off the road for at least a chunk of the season, meaning they'll lose their easy group backstage meet-up scenarios. Not to mention Paige, Alicia, and Nattie being the only actual active wrestlers of the cast.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

More Renee means more Dean getting annoyed at cameras in his face which is something I can get behind.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

The upcoming season of Total Divas will have many cast changes. As we reported last week WWE Women Superstars Lana, Renee Young, Maryse, have been added to the show along with Naomi who will be returning to the series

As a result of the new cast members joining the show NXT’s Mandy Rose, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox will not be returning to the main cast for the next season of the show.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/upcoming-total-divas-cast-changes/

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Sorry Mandy, but I think this was your best shot at sticking with the company.

Lana is the really interesting addition, since not only does it mean we get Rusev on the show, but she's the one who does the most character work in the division, and I wonder how much of that will make it through. Will she keep using her fake accent, as she has on the show in the past?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Nothing lost with Alicia and Rosa, loving :laffo: Amanda being ditched after one season when it's pretty much the only reason she got a job; yay Renee, yay Maryse, big ? on Lana. Do they have her try to keep kayfabe? Does she appear as CJ Perry? Without her character she is nothing, but her character is too different from reality to maintain.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sara Lee from Tough Enough got passed over again.

Would have predicted Aliyah from NXT/Breaking Ground to be added this season. She got weird "Reality TV" type cosmetic surgery last year.

Glad Naomi is back. Provided some likability.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

rovert posted:

Sara Lee from Tough Enough got passed over again.

Would have predicted Aliyah from NXT/Breaking Ground to be added this season. She got weird "Reality TV" type cosmetic surgery last year.

Glad Naomi is back. Provided some likability.

Eh, Sara Lee is likable, but nothing about her Tough Enough run screamed "reality star," while that was Mandy's whole deal.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i want arianne to come back just so that we get a spin off of cena and bryan training him to be a wrestler

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I hope we see more of Daniel and Nikki on Total Divas. They're great on TV, especially in this new episode.

jesus christ paige

keevo fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 6, 2016

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I appreciate nobody gives a gently caress about Rosa and they're all sandbagging her shower.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

keevo posted:

jesus christ paige

Yeah. That was pretty depressing. :(

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

The timing of it is what's weirding me out. Wasn't this around the time she got into NXT or tried out for it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
She didn't wrestle the three months prior to NXT Arrival. NXT had far less eyeballs on it than it does now but she completely disappeared at one stage while Champion and that caused a lot of speculation.

It was coming off the situations with Buggy Nova/Skyler Moon and Shaul Guerrero going to rehab for eating disorders. So I assumed it was that but later I was told it was something completely different and she just needed time/space. That was when she got a cyst removed. Her miscarriage was a while before that and pre-WWE in England.

rovert fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 9, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TotalDivas/status/720064973569785857

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Total D

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

There's a spinoff in the works for this show called Total Bellas, which is supposed to deal exclusively with the Bella twins and their personal lives.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

An entire show filmed from John Cena's house. :swoon:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I'd watch a show of Cena just going crazy watching people put glasses on his countertops without coasters, and annoying him doing petty things

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Gonz posted:

There's a spinoff in the works for this show called Total Bellas, which is supposed to deal exclusively with the Bella twins and their personal lives.

Will we get some People Power back on TV?!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Yeah he's a main character on Total Bellas.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/722606483834167297

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
johnny ace is the chill stepdad that has to mediate hippie bryan and type-a john.

sign me the gently caress up.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Hello, I have watched two episodes of season one and came here to say that Eva Marie is the greatest character in the history of television.

Thank you for your time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/723478640197926912

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ChaosSmurf posted:

Hello, I have watched two episodes of season one and came here to say that Eva Marie is the greatest character in the history of television.

Thank you for your time.

Sadly she doesn't stay as interesting once she turns face in season 2/3. Vinny, Natty and Tyson make up for it though.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Sadly she doesn't stay as interesting once she turns face in season 2/3. Vinny, Natty and Tyson make up for it though.

I am now on Episode 5 and TJ is the best heel WWE has had in the last half-decade, though Eva's still got the TWISTS.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

TJ and Nikki are the best. They have simple goals and are clear with them. TJ wants to wrestle, watch wrestling on the coach, and chill with his boys. Nikki wants to drink wine, shop, and gently caress. No grandiose plans or subterfuge.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Eltoasto posted:

TJ and Nikki are the best. They have simple goals and are clear with them. TJ wants to wrestle, watch wrestling on the coach, and chill with his boys. Nikki wants to drink wine, shop, and gently caress. No grandiose plans or subterfuge.

This is the 100% truth right here. They're the best and such a shame both their necks are hosed.

Finished watching the series, the Rosa & her baby stuff was really sweet, she came across as really genuine this series which is miles away from the blatant staged crap she did when she was on the show before.

My big fear is that with the spinoff being called "Total Bellas", does that mean it'll focus more on their arsehole brother too? Really hope not. What's with all these women having such douchebag brothers? (probably just as well Paige's siblings don't ever appear)

Roll on next season & the spin off. 2 hours of this shite a week maybe?!? Can't wait.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I really kind of wonder about the viability of Total Divas if the Bellas split off. It makes sense since they aren't wrestling and it will be more home life, but the remaining women aren't much of a draw for TD. I wouldn't be surprised if TD moves to the network and Bellas stays on E!. I guess they are beefing up the cast and I love me some Renee Young, we'll have to see how much time the Bellas are on TD and how it impact the ratings.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Chewy Bitems posted:

Roll on next season & the spin off. 2 hours of this shite a week maybe?!? Can't wait.

What Have We Become

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Chewy Bitems posted:

My big fear is that with the spinoff being called "Total Bellas", does that mean it'll focus more on their arsehole brother too? Really hope not. What's with all these women having such douchebag brothers? (probably just as well Paige's siblings don't ever appear)

He'll probably cause some drama because that's all he has going for him.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Eltoasto posted:

I guess they are beefing up the cast and I love me some Renee Young, we'll have to see how much time the Bellas are on TD and how it impact the ratings.

I actually think Renee will end up being really entertaining shes already got a fun sense of humor, Fox was starting to get annoying for me towards the end of the series she's so self absorbed its ridiculous and seems to make everything about her.

Total Bellas could be fun but echoing what people are saying on here I can't stand their brother he is such a bellend.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I think the believe that Paige can carry Total Divas while they build up the rest of the cast. While I'm looking forward to annoyed at being filmed Dean Ambrose, I'm not sure that he will be able to fill the spot that was held by Big John and Bryan.

Bella brother is all over the promotional materials so expect him to get some more focus.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Nikki also wants to get married and have kids, Tyson is the chillest and least prone to drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like JJ. He's usually being brutally honest because neither of his sisters can understand subtleties

• Locked thread