Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I haven't been keeping up with development, will this game have Oculus Rift support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to hook up a Rift to a Super Famicon.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Well they better get on that. I can wait.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Well they better get on that. I can wait.

Same, I expect nothing but perfection.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

oddium posted:

don't forget, x114jam9 has to be drawn with each weapon from each angle standing/ducking/rolling/slamming/jamming/drinking dew

im really hoping that the detailed gun sprites are for the menu and the ones that actually appear in his hands are simplified or made more generic

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

slouch posted:

im really hoping that the detailed gun sprites are for the menu and the ones that actually appear in his hands are simplified or made more generic

i'm blown away like one of those houses in nuclear bomb videos at the sheer corporate attitude of this

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

slouch posted:

:ssh:

they are

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Yeah, the detailed sprites are for the hud. For in your hands, there are just 25 unique sprite sets for each gun type (pistol, assault rifle, shotgun etc) and they are given color blending to make em match your actual gun a bit closer. Its a lot like how Diablo 2 did it.
There is also a second layer of "detail" added on top of them, which can also be given a separate other color blend. So like "Rusted" weapon sprites have the regular gun color blending and the detail layer is reddish brown, making em look like they got patches of rust. Its not perfect, but its pretty time-effective, and it looks fine. Some weapons also have light animation, like the gatling guns spin, the magnum revolver's chamber rotates between shots.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Butt Discussin posted:

1920 gun's drawn, so

Tommy gun's confirmed

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Durp posted:

Game of the year 2013 right here.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Wrong thread

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Frankie pulled his Gamer's Muscle participating in Ludum Dare this weekend and now Barkley 2 is canceled.

Or our planned 2 for 1 rib dinner was canceled, I forget. One of those.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Will the gender selection options make their way into the final build or has that been cut in order to streamline development?

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
I had an idea for a special property of one weapon material, so I will stream work on this today! I will probably also draw their sprites later on as usual, but I will be doing a little bit of programming work first. If you wanna see what its like in the Belly of The Beast, check out my stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

(I didn't touch the game's source code in a little while now so It will probably be very embarrassing work to stream, don't miss it...)

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It makes sense that you'd want to limit your exposure to toxic waste...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so dota added an ability for the hero earthshaker where he can just constantly chaos dunk (he already had a line where he said "chaos dunk" if it hit every enemy hero with his ultimate spell ability)

this confirms barkely 2 will be released shortly

i want to believe

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Will the gender selection options make their way into the final build or has that been cut in order to streamline development?

The gender slider has been expanded into a 3d gender mesh grid.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Because when i think of valve the words "timely release" comes to mind

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I've been playing some Tree of Savior and I realized that Barkley has more completed sprites than that game has sprites. Like at least 10x more sprites.

You guys are on the wrong side of the video game tracks. You could have made a disposable kmmo and been rolling in neo-shekels.

Or imagine if you made barkley 2 a future space harvest moon clone. It'd be done by now! And you'd have sold a million+ units. And that one guy who never posts here anymore could have written so much witty dialogue and plots.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Isn't Tree of Savior a 3d game? 3d games don't have sprites, unless you're talking about textures.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Are there any B2 updates besides frankiepixelshow drawing things on the twitch?

Butt Ox posted:

Isn't Tree of Savior a 3d game? 3d games don't have sprites, unless you're talking about textures.
It's kind of complicated because ToS did things weird. The characters are 3d models but they also use 2d sprites and they get away with it because the game is in a forced perspective without camera rotation. Although in RO they use 2d sprites and have camera rotation so whatever, 3d, 2.5d, 2d, you can use sprites if you want to man it's a free country.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 26, 2016

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Khorne posted:

Are there any B2 updates besides frankiepixelshow drawing things on the twitch?

http://bballbisse.tumblr.com/

Khorne
May 1, 2002
With higher ACROBATICS, the speed and distance of your dodge increases.

http://i.imgur.com/TGzQt66.webm

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 26, 2016

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Khorne posted:

lol

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
What's the cheevo for beating the game with a leather magnum

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I gotta admit, for all that I am skeptical this game actually exists now or will ever actually exist, all the gifs look fun and playable and basically I'm not unhappy I gave you a bunch of money in return for a weirdo body pillowcase and a promise.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Khorne posted:

Behold, the skills of a Gamer God.

Playing the game on a laptop while recording is hard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Here is me sucking even harder while testing a new gun. Also managed to include the windows taskbar in the video, looks like I suck at everything including recording as well. At least I remembered to turn off the shader this time! http://bballbisse.tumblr.com/post/143453491846/playing-around-with-a-new-gun-type-its-looking

Bisse fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 27, 2016

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Yesterday worked on rocket launchers of all kinds, the day before I worked on the radioactive green shots Bisse posted a gif of below, today I'm working on the fungus gun's!
I've been working on these for a couple hours already, started during a little TOG daily meeting thing. After these, maybe I'll start working on the laser gun's!

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I gave you $10.00 on November 30, 2012. Can you tell me exactly what thing in the game you used my particular ten bucks to create? Thanks in advance.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

FabioClone posted:

I gave you $10.00 on November 30, 2012. Can you tell me exactly what thing in the game you used my particular ten bucks to create? Thanks in advance.

Gortarius posted:

Protip's:

Do Erics Pet quest, he is near the blacksmith at Tir na Nog. It's pretty good, I think.

Find the Clown in TNN and the old man at the Industrial Zone, they are pretty funny, I think.

If you go to the Swamps, breed some really good gun's. It's really overpopulated because we didn't have the time to readjust the maps to be more balanced.

For clarification, your ten dollars were put into making that post, not the quest or the clown or the swamps.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
i assume the $15 i gave these guys several years ago was invested in lunchables

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Butt Ox posted:

i assume the $15 i gave these guys several years ago was invested in lunchables
Lunchables?

Heh.

Get on ToG's level.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
#BELIEVEINHOOPS

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

thuly posted:

#BELIEVEINHOOPZ

Fixed. I can't believe you would misspell a hashtag :colbert:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This game is gonna make a relaxing pallete cleanser from the Dark Souls 4 DLC imo

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

nopantsjack posted:

This game is gonna make a relaxing pallete cleanser from the Dark Souls 4 DLC imo

But Jack! Dark Souls III is going to be the end of the series! Dark Souls 4 is never coming out!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lamprey Cannon posted:

But Jack! Dark Souls III is going to be the end of the series! Dark Souls 4 is never coming out!

Just like Barkley 2

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Looking over my list of poor life decisions aka kickstarters backed, the only other game from the same time period that I bought into that hasn't delivered is Super Retro Squad. I mean, that guy imploded and didn't get a TGS booth or anything, but you gotta look at yourselves TOG'STERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

upon completion, this game will have more guns than guns ever designed or created by people in reality or in fiction